PKD-esque Post-911 Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: PKD-esque Post-911 Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Postby 82_28 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:47 am

At the bottom is does say "rest assured" that it is satirical. Unlike the onion however, there were no headlines I was compelled to click on.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:16 am

BrandonD » 09 Mar 2015 07:34 wrote:Just discovered today: THENEWSNERD.COM - it presumes to be a "satirical" news site, but the news they give is just simply false information with no humor or indication that it is fake.

I got punked by CallTheCops dot net

http://www.callthecops.net/police-to-ge ... m-program/

:jumping:
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:08 am

I don't think that one would have 'gotten' me, elfi. Maybe If it was Blackhawks - that I would have believed, but not A10s.
Iamwhomiam

Postby elfismiles » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:39 am

I know ... <shame hands in place> Pretty embarrassed ... let my pessimism get the worst of me.

Iamwhomiam » 09 Mar 2015 15:08 wrote:I don't think that one would have 'gotten' me, elfi. Maybe If it was Blackhawks - that I would have believed, but not A10s.
elfismiles

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Well, with all the surplus weaponry the military's been dumping on local police departments, (I almost called them police 'forces'), it's pretty easy to believe almost anything claimed to aid in their militarization. Nothing to feel shamed by. And hey, not everyone would admit they were duped by an intriguing headline... :oops:
Iamwhomiam

Postby BrandonD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 pm

82_28 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:47 am wrote:At the bottom is does say "rest assured" that it is satirical. Unlike the onion however, there were no headlines I was compelled to click on.

That's the odd thing about that site - there is no humor in the articles, it is just fake information. After pondering on it for a moment I wondered if it is some sort of social commentary, a remark on how easy it is to pass off false information as real, how easily we're compelled to accept information that is presented in the form of news.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:06 pm

BrandonD » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:28 am wrote:
82_28 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:47 am wrote:At the bottom is does say "rest assured" that it is satirical. Unlike the onion however, there were no headlines I was compelled to click on.

That's the odd thing about that site - there is no humor in the articles, it is just fake information. After pondering on it for a moment I wondered if it is some sort of social commentary, a remark on how easy it is to pass off false information as real, how easily we're compelled to accept information that is presented in the form of news.

I thought this was really interesting. Does it point to an information saturation where to accaept anything else as new, it will only be processed if similar in structure and form to something that already exists. And if it is, it is kinda just "glommed on" to the big heap of undifferentiated information. It all blurs.

Try this experiment
Read the story in the right hand page of this articles on the Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2989817/Renee-Zellweger-covers-face-large-sunglasses-puts-impeccably-chic-display-oversized-retro-red-coat-Miu-Miu-PFW-show.html
Three stories from the right hand column in a row.

What impression(s) are you left with?

I felt like my head had turned to porridge. I literally could not put a critical or creative thought together for a couple of minutes. The only content in my mind were picture of a red coat for sale,. along with a mush of half-formed emotional/feeling debris.
Searcher08

Postby BrandonD » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:28 pm

Searcher08 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:06 pm wrote:

I thought this was really interesting. Does it point to an information saturation where to accaept anything else as new, it will only be processed if similar in structure and form to something that already exists. And if it is, it is kinda just "glommed on" to the big heap of undifferentiated information. It all blurs.

Try this experiment
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2989817/Renee-Zellweger-covers-face-large-sunglasses-puts-impeccably-chic-display-oversized-retro-red-coat-Miu-Miu-PFW-show.html

I felt like my head had turned to porridge. I literally could not put a critical or creative thought together for a couple of minutes. The only content in my mind were picture of a red coat for sale,. along with a mush of half-formed emotional/feeling debris.

It really does feel like an assault when I go to that page
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:21 pm

BrandonD » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:28 pm wrote:
Searcher08 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:06 pm wrote:

Try this experiment

It really does feel like an assault when I go to that page

I talked with a mate about this and his thoughts were interesting.
He said that if people who are not used to it are required to think about big complex issues, it is like a person who is unfit going along to a gym. Trying their best from a cold start is just going to end up with snapped tendons, bone fractures etc. They do not know about the need to 'warm up'. These articles are like going along to the gym shop and spending time chatting in the gym cafe and then going home without any exercising but able to say "I went to the gym" to your friends.
Searcher08

Postby elfismiles » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:17 pm

'Naked man at Buckingham Palace' fooled American television network (Video)
Footage of a naked man climbing out of a window of Buckingham Palace and sliding down a sheet caused a furore in the NBC newsroom - despite the stunt being faked for one of their own TV shows
By Harriet Alexander, 11:20AM BST 02 Apr 2015

Executives in the newsroom at NBC were left red-faced after scrambling their news teams to report on the story of a naked man abseiling down from Buckingham Palace - without realising it was a clip from their own show.

The footage was shot as part of The Royals - a show for NBC's cable channel, E!

The series stars Elizabeth Hurley as Queen Helena, presiding over a disfunctional royal household.

And as part of the filming, producers staged what was made to look like a man escaping from a Buckingham Palace window. The shaky mobile phone footage was uploaded onto YouTube and quickly went viral. News reporters from NBC News were then asked to call Buckingham Palace press office and ask whether the footage was genuine.

The cleverly-edited clip, entitled "Crazy Buckingham Palace naked man video!!!", has been watched over 1.7 million times.

"It was a genius press campaign and it tricked even NBC News," said a staff member on The Royals.

"The Palace said they would not comment, but added, ‘We believe it’s a fake.’

"They could have just asked within the building and got the answers they needed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... twork.html

elfismiles » 01 Mar 2015 15:13 wrote:Hoaxer posts video of naked man 'escaping Buckingham ...
One is not amused! Internet hoaxer posts video of naked man 'escaping Buckingham Palace bedroom window during the Changing of the Guard'

A video on the internet claims to show a naked man in Buckingham Palace
The man appears to be climbing down from a window using a bed sheet
The drama happens during the middle of Changing of the Guard
After a few feet, the man plummets from his improvised climbing rope
Buckingham Palace said they do not wish to comment on the video

By Darren Boyle for MailOnline
Published: 16:23 EST, 27 February 2015 | Updated: 16:34 EST, 28 February 2015

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Guard.html
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:18 pm

For the record ... another fake (and racist) news site:

WorldNewsDailyReport dot com

SEE: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37418&p=578150#p578150
elfismiles

Postby Lord Balto » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:48 pm

8bitagent » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 am wrote:Good way of putting it. Faked Obama certificate, shooting events=hoax, vaccinations=evil, climate change=hoax, everything is a "false flag". I almost want to permanently turn in my "conspiracy theorist" card

It's basically the 21st century equivalent of scribbling over writing you don't want anyone to read. It wasn't enough to label us "conspiracy theorists." In the end they had to generate their own series of, more ridiculous than the last, "conspiracy theories" about "chemtrails," secret space programs, faked moon landings, and the like, so that the undiscriminating would see us all as just a bunch of lunes.
Lord Balto

Postby Lord Balto » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Searcher08 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:06 pm wrote:

Try this experiment

Reminds me of the time I floated the notion that Bush and Cheney were buying up property in Paraguay for their eventual escape from the inevitable war crimes trials, in an attempt to underline the obvious similarities between those characters and the Nazis. By the time Radio Havana was broadcasting it across Latin America, it was indistinguishable from the truth. In short, the reality filter has completely broken down. It's not about humor. It's about retaking the Reality Studio.
Lord Balto

Postby elfismiles » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:21 pm

:yay :wallhead: :eeyaa

Yay! I just got punked by ClickHole!

Awesome: When A Little Girl Told Neil DeGrasse Tyson She Wanted To Live On Jupiter, He Completely Shut Her Down
http://www.clickhole.com/article/awesom ... yson--3565
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:39 am

'Revenant' director calls Leonardo DiCaprio bear-rape controversy a 'crazy mad comedy'
By Steven Zeitchik
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... story.html
elfismiles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion