Towards a new RI

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Towards a new RI

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:07 am

Jeff Wells created this joint and a lot of his writings changed our lives forever. Let us not fuck this up. There is no "rot" and there is no hate.

We're here. Besides my personal forum, this is where I come and I enjoy each and every person who posts here no matter what. But, should this shit fly the coop, it flies the coop.

I hope not. I can't begin to express the amount of freethinking admiration I have for Mr. Wells and ALL assembled.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Towards a new RI

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:17 am

the only thing that is hampering this board is the attempt by 3 people here to stifle the topics that can be discussed.....the name calling by those 3 people is the rot
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:28 am

seemslikeadream » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:17 am wrote:the only thing that is hampering this board is the attempt by 3 people here to stifle the topics that can be discussed.....the name calling by those 3 people is the rot

Well then should we not "welcome" the "rot"? Just utilize the "rot" in order to "smoke them out".

I am smoking myself out at this moment. I give a fuck about RI and hate to see attrition. I think I said like 5 years ago that I would be the last one left when the day comes. I think it's from my many years of bartending. I swear, and shit just doesn't bother me as far as language and intent. I am unable to get "pissed".
Last edited by 82_28 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 am

I think there was a thread a few years ago about ideas for improving RI. I know its a rag-tag bunch of contributing folks who keep the practical backend running and the frontend looking good but I've always hoped for more direction in the way of news noting / analysis, PLUS activism and public education. I think a front page with curated news feeds focused on:

* Past Blog Posts by JW with annotated links to background research and related current events
* Links to favored news items with a handful of feeds each focused on one of the top RI focus areas:
- Exposing Abuse Networks and Promoting Survivorship,
- General Deep State / Parapolitical news and analysis,
- High Strangeness Phenomena and Theories/Hypotheses,
- Other...

But then, I tend towards wanting to participate in communities/organizations doing those things ... despite my own sense of "Miles' Law" which more or less states that "the larger any organization becomes (even orgs whose mission is the preservation or liberty) the less it protects the liberties of individuals and begins to actually trample them."
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:23 am

The best way to regenerate is new blood. Lurkers - throw off those shackles of trepidation and get stuck in!
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby semper occultus » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am

...then at least we can ignore you to your face...
semper occultus

Postby freemason9 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:55 pm

coffin_dodger » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:23 am wrote:The best way to regenerate is new blood. Lurkers - throw off those shackles of trepidation and get stuck in!

I've been a member of RI for quite some time, but in many ways I'm merely one of those "lurkers." The reason? I don't have nearly enough time to read the lengthy, lengthy posts that have become so common. When I check in, I generally have fifteen spare minutes or so--not nearly long enough these days to read this material. Anyway, that's why I only lurk nowadays.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:06 pm

freemason9 wrote:I've been a member of RI for quite some time, but in many ways I'm merely one of those "lurkers." The reason? I don't have nearly enough time to read the lengthy, lengthy posts that have become so common. When I check in, I generally have fifteen spare minutes or so--not nearly long enough these days to read this material. Anyway, that's why I only lurk nowadays.

Only lurking is fine. I guess if you spot something important to you that hasn't been said, you decloak and pass comment. Like now. :thumbsup
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby bardobailey » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:10 pm

There are so many new connections to be explored out there. It would take several full-time dedicated individuals to return this forum to the level of wonder offered and explored in it's early years. (Thanks to Jeff's great efforts.) Let's chip in and hire from among us a curator or three to actually research and present topics that go beyond. Remember that Robert Anton Wilson group a few years back (name escapes me). Keep a public face and access for all, but build areas of real investigation and exchange guided by group appointed experts. Maybe this idea is too structured, but I would contribute!
bardobailey

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:10 pm

There are so many new connections to be explored out there. It would take several full-time dedicated individuals to return this forum to the level of wonder offered and explored in it's early years. (Thanks to Jeff's great efforts.) Let's chip in and hire from among us a curator or three to actually research and present topics that go beyond. Remember that Robert Anton Wilson group a few years back (name escapes me). Keep a public face and access for all, but build areas of real investigation and exchange guided by group appointed experts. Maybe this idea is too structured, but I would contribute!

Are you speaking of the 'Maybe Logic Academy' or somethinf else?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby freemason9 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:01 pm

bardobailey » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 pm wrote:There are so many new connections to be explored out there. It would take several full-time dedicated individuals to return this forum to the level of wonder offered and explored in it's early years. (Thanks to Jeff's great efforts.) Let's chip in and hire from among us a curator or three to actually research and present topics that go beyond. Remember that Robert Anton Wilson group a few years back (name escapes me). Keep a public face and access for all, but build areas of real investigation and exchange guided by group appointed experts. Maybe this idea is too structured, but I would contribute!

Who wants "research?" Wild suppositions are much more entertaining!

Has anyone discussed the possibility that preparations are underway for a massive human die-off? The severity of our specie's overpopulation is quite striking, and nature has always responded to similar infestations in the same manner. Might it be that there are some individuals preparing in some way for a post-reduction world? If I had power, resources, and contacts among the intelligentsia, I would surely get things in order.

IOW, I prefer topics that one can share brews over.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby freemason9 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:03 pm

coffin_dodger » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:06 pm wrote:
freemason9 wrote:I've been a member of RI for quite some time, but in many ways I'm merely one of those "lurkers." The reason? I don't have nearly enough time to read the lengthy, lengthy posts that have become so common. When I check in, I generally have fifteen spare minutes or so--not nearly long enough these days to read this material. Anyway, that's why I only lurk nowadays.

Only lurking is fine. I guess if you spot something important to you that hasn't been said, you decloak and pass comment. Like now. :thumbsup

Thanks. I don't generally have anything of importance to add, but I do have some amusingly dumb thoughts I share from time to time.
freemason9

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:36 am

I miss the 2007 RI forum period...err minus the Blake/Duncan suicide aftermath. Also miss reading through the circa 2005 archives.

While I lament how RI out of all the hundreds of forums I've been an active participant can often be the most immature(ironic given the high age average and overall intelligence)
like an Overlook hotel in the virtual world ya just can't leave RI. Y'all have damn good music tastes, that's for sure.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:38 am

freemason9 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:01 pm wrote:
bardobailey » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 pm wrote:There are so many new connections to be explored out there. It would take several full-time dedicated individuals to return this forum to the level of wonder offered and explored in it's early years. (Thanks to Jeff's great efforts.) Let's chip in and hire from among us a curator or three to actually research and present topics that go beyond. Remember that Robert Anton Wilson group a few years back (name escapes me). Keep a public face and access for all, but build areas of real investigation and exchange guided by group appointed experts. Maybe this idea is too structured, but I would contribute!

Who wants "research?" Wild suppositions are much more entertaining!

Has anyone discussed the possibility that preparations are underway for a massive human die-off? The severity of our specie's overpopulation is quite striking, and nature has always responded to similar infestations in the same manner. Might it be that there are some individuals preparing in some way for a post-reduction world? If I had power, resources, and contacts among the intelligentsia, I would surely get things in order.

IOW, I prefer topics that one can share brews over.

Over a billion people on facebook, 1.3 in 7 people on Earth...who needs mass die off? We're already sucked into the Matrix movie embryo pods
http://mashable.com/2012/12/26/facebook-2012/
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:38 am

Chan also celebrated a notable accomplishment during the same week. On the Monday prior to the couple's wedding, she graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco.

If I need medical care remind me to avoid this doctor in the same way I have totally avoided FB.
82_28

Next

Return to General Discussion