Subforum? The Future of Futurism

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Subforum? The Future of Futurism

Postby minime » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 am

Greetings!

A brief respite from my hiatus: A request for a new subforum with the title 'Futurism' and accompanying data dump.

Thank you for your time.
minime

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Subforum? The Future of Futurism

Postby Elvis » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Could be most interesting. Good idea. Years ago I had some curious brushes with futurist sorts, I'm still sorting it out, mostly left wondering what might have been going on under the surface.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Sounder » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:40 am

Hey minime, good to hear from you again.

I was talking to a friend a while back about modeling emergent futures. I was hoping for my friend to write an essay that I might use and combine with others work as a starter for discussion.

A year or so later my friend says he has something but that he feels he is only able to write to me rather than a general audience.

Who knows, I may need to use it as crib notes rather than as an essay.

My general observation of the futurist community is that they do not take into account the idea that consciousness evolves.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby minime » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 am

bump
minime

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:14 pm

I saw a lecture (actually the keynote, for a design conference no less) given by a futurist and was roundly disappointed. Interesting job title, I thought, for someone who doesn't observe, much less analyze, half as much of the world's goings-on as we do here.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby minime » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:29 am

minime

Postby 82_28 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Minime, I am convinced, is a time traveler. Which is great because we're talking about the future of futurism! I didn't see this before, but I will stew in my thoughts about it now. I have some shit on deck, but difficult to explain while time is a little tight.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Luther Blissett » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:14 am wrote:I saw a lecture (actually the keynote, for a design conference no less) given by a futurist and was roundly disappointed. Interesting job title, I thought, for someone who doesn't observe, much less analyze, half as much of the world's goings-on as we do here.

Yeah. Because they want it their way, "the way it's supposed to go" given their technocratic folklore. But of course "folklore" is something to be studied and not something they engage in themselves. To futurists I think is that everything has to "improve". Improve into what? What the fuck is improvement?

My dad loves to watch these home flipping shows and shit where they tear down everything, break down walls with dramatic swings of hammers and shit. I always say "I liked it better before" as there was nothing to change. Most people have an ideal that everything must be "improved" perpetually, improved. Yet it is lost on them that within 30 years the whole thing is going to be done again. Gift that keeps on giving. Into Oblivion.

As to the "folklore" most prefer it to be digitized and virtual. Real folklore is gone and has been given to the virtuality of it in which it can give a "user experience". If you find some real folklore from probably somebody about to die, it is null and void. There is a better way now! Myself and others I roll with have had many go-arounds with technocrats that find our screeds that basically mock them, it's hilarious what fucking idiots they are. They think we can be swayed to "their side". Sure, I really love the exploration of "space", always have. I don't give a fuck how much is spent on exploring unknown ass shit. But while I am stuck on Earth these "futurists" are fucking self absorbed idiots. There is a past and a future. Probably why I get along with historians way better.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 pm

82_28

Postby minime » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:32 pm

"And do you see?"

RI.P.?

A keyword search of futurism and intuition shows over 6 million results, as you might expect, since intuition is the futurist's primary heuristic tool.

How can it not have a subforum of its own?
minime

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Because nobody with the phpBB credentials to create new subforums has created it.

This is similar to the answer for a related question about "How can RI not have new moderators?"
Wombaticus Rex

Postby minime » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:03 pm wrote:Because nobody with the phpBB credentials to create new subforums has created it.

This is similar to the answer for a related question about "How can RI not have new moderators?"

Yes, quite. Ergo: RI.P.?

I dare say, if someone (someone of a number of someones) else had made the request, you would responded in this thread one way or another weeks ago. Of this there is no doubt.

The lack of respect shown by tptb for the great majority of posters (and of course ex-posters) is disheartening.
minime

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:19 pm

what you have to do is make a thread in GD your own personal sub forum.... :)

that's the way of the world

oh and no one will be upset by it :D

or...someone could just change the name of the Scalar and HAARP sub...no one uses it anyway...it has just as many posts as this thread has already and it's been around for 7 years
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby coffin_dodger » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:34 pm

seemslikeadream wrote:or...someone could just change the name of the Scalar and HAARP sub...no one uses it anyway...it has just as many posts as this thread has already

or, one of those subforums could be announced as the home of the futurism subforum and used as such. Anyone using the 'active topics' link when they arrive at RI would quickly come to understand this was the case.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:39 pm

I dare say, if someone (someone of a number of someones) else had made the request, you would responded in this thread one way or another weeks ago. Of this there is no doubt.

The lack of respect shown by tptb for the great majority of posters (and of course ex-posters) is disheartening.

Your sense of entitlement is pathetic.

That might be the real problem, yeah?
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion