I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challeng

Postby The Consul » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Anyone who argues with cops is pushing hard for a Darwin Award. Still, most cops are conservative and most of them are professional profilers. On any given day they deal with so many impossibly fucked up losers that they are bound to develop some nasty attitudes. My personal feeling is they get away with a LOT of shit, especially in the darker complected parts of town. I guaranfuckingtee you if they shot a big cuddly white boy in Short HIlls VA and left his sorry dead ass stinking up Jimmy Ave. for ten hours heads would roll. If all the cops happened to be black at least three would lose their jobs and one would go to prison. No riots. No press. Just a phone call or two.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby battleshipkropotkin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 pm

With all of the fucked up evading and resisting I did in my time traveling days, I am grateful and surprised that I was not killed by a LEO.
battleshipkropotkin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby km artlu » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Forty + years back a friend and I were busted in a parking lot in Las Vegas (a Vegas which then had dirt roads right off the Strip). Three police cars, lots of adrenaline, guns pointing at us.

The nastiest of the cops over-cuffed me with metal cuffs that sliced almost to the bone. At the booking desk another, older cop was behind me and removed the cuffs. Unlike the first cop, this one's humanity was intact. His reaction upon seeing the bloody and shredded damage was instinctual. He very gently stroked the lacerated flesh, as if to erase the other cop's cruelty, until he caught himself and sort of sheepishly stopped.

Ultimately it's about the character of people.
km artlu

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:18 am

82_28 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:43 pm wrote:Jesus, Twyla. I KNOW good cops but I observe their others as being criminals. They have no authority over any of us.

Just brutality.

I have known a few that were OK myself. They were from the pre-roids eras, I think. They were real people, not a projection of competence.

Perhaps I am lucky, as a bizarre benift of being a short Irish 50-something fireplug, I can jaywalk with fucking impunity. :eeyaa:
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby BOOGIE66 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 am

Apparently the officer in the op has never had a run in with his own agency. Fucking asshole, this guy is LAPD internal affairs without a fucking clue about how LAPD officers actually treat people. Good job LAPD you've got a winner here.

I've had friends get arrested on bullshit charges which always get dropped, only to find out when released that the LAPD has stolen all of their property. It's nice to try and work as an electrician or a plumber or carpenter with no tools because the LAPD has helped themselves to yours. I've had my stuff thrown all over the road by LAPD searching my car because "you were driving without a front license plate" . I've had LAPD pull out a baggie of some white powder and tell me that "they found it on me so I better cooperate".
Strangely this happens way more often (at least 5-1 ratio) to my friends of color than it does to me (I'm white).

I must say my favorite thing about interacting with the police is being put in handcuffs "for your safety" . It's like you (the cops) have a gun, baton, mag-light, and backup officers and I'm a fat ass who couldn't run 3 feet without collapsing but I'm in cuffs for my safety? Fuck off.

So "some cops" are corrupt huh? Stupid fuck some of the worst police corruption in recent memory involved the LAPD. I mean really why is anyone in LA suspicious or hostile to the LAPD? After their reasonable treatment of Rodney King no one has anything to fear from the LAPD.

To sum it up LAPD is just the best police force in the world so anyone who comes into contact with them better just shut the fuck up and do what they are told lest they face having drugs planted on them, or all their property stolen or best of all a beating and an arrest.

One other thing is that people can report a cop for misconduct and then find themselves charged with a crime for filing a false police report if the officer disputes it, yet if a officer files a false report it's taken as the gospel truth because a cop would never lie about anything. Ever.
BOOGIE66

Previous

Return to General Discussion