Vaccine - Autism link

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Vaccine - Autism link

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:30 am

DrEvil » 22 Dec 2018 18:21 wrote:Dude, truthwiki was started by the guy who runs Natural News, one of the most dishonest websites out there when it comes to this stuff. You might as well have linked to Infowars.

And sure, Skepticalraptor can be pretty harsh on the people he doesn't like, but if you read the article you would see that the Corvelva people made some pretty basic fuck-ups and leaps to conclusions that their results did not support.

Not to mention that research that is presented in the form of a pdf with no authors, on the website of the people who did the research is somewhat suspect. Get back to me when it's peer reviewed and published with all the authors listed.

This is your hero? Has Skeptical Raptor ever met a single mass produced chemical that he would not defend to the death? Ever?
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:26 am

http://fullmeasure.news/news/cover-story/the-vaccination-debate

See the video embedded at this link. What follows is a transcript.

Today we investigate one of the biggest medical controversies of our time: vaccines. There’s little dispute about this much-- vaccines save many lives, and rarely, they injure or kill. A special federal vaccine court has paid out billions for injuries from brain damage to death. But not for the form of brain injury we call autism. Now—we have remarkable new information: a respected pro-vaccine medical expert used by the federal government to debunk the vaccine-autism link, says vaccines can cause autism after all. He claims he told that to government officials long ago, but they kept it secret.

Yates Hazlehurst was born February 11, 2000. Everything was normal, according to his medical records, until he suffered a severe reaction to vaccinations. Rolf Hazlehurst is Yates’ dad.

Rolf Hazlehurst: "And at first, I didn't believe it. I did not think that, I did not believe that vaccines could cause autism. I didn't believe it."

But there's a hard reality for Yates. The trademark brain disease, pain and inability to communicate that’s common with severe autism.

In 2007, Yates’ father sued over his son’s injuries in the little known Federal Vaccine court. It was one of more than 5000 vaccine autism claims.

Congress created vaccine court in 1988, in consultation with the pharmaceutical industry. In the special court, vaccine makers don’t defend their products—the federal government does it for them, using lawyers from the Justice Department. Money for victims comes from us, not the pharmaceutical industry, through patient fees added onto every vaccine given.

Denise Vowell: "Our hearings are all closed to the public. And that’s statutory."

In 2007, Yates’ case and nearly all the other vaccine autism claims lost. The decision was based largely on the expert opinion of this man, Dr. Andrew Zimmerman, a world-renowned pediatric neurologist shown here at a lecture.

Dr. Zimmerman was the government’s top expert witness and had testified that vaccines didn’t cause autism. The debate was declared over.

But now Dr. Zimmerman has provided remarkable new information. He claims that during the vaccine hearings all those years ago, he privately told government lawyers that vaccines can, and did cause autism in some children. That turnabout from the government’s own chief medical expert stood to change everything about the vaccine-autism debate. If the public were to find out.

Hazlehurst: "And he has come forward and explained how he told the United States government vaccines can cause autism in a certain subset of children and United States government, the Department of Justice suppressed his true opinions."

Hazlehurst discovered that later when Dr. Zimmerman evaluated Yates as a teenager. That’s when he partnered with vaccine safety advocate Robert F. Kennedy, Junior—who has a voice condition.

Kennedy: "This was one of the most consequential frauds, arguably in human history."

Kennedy was instrumental in convincing Dr. Zimmerman to document his remarkable claim of the government covering up his true expert opinion on vaccines and autism.

Dr. Zimmerman declined our interview request and referred us to his sworn affidavit. It says: On June 15, 2007, he took aside the Department of Justice—or DOJ lawyers he worked for defending vaccines in vaccine court. He told them that he’d discovered “exceptions in which vaccinations could cause autism.” “I explained that in a subset of children, vaccine induced fever and immune stimulation did cause regressive brain disease with features of autism spectrum disorder.”

Kennedy: "This panicked the two DOJ attorneys and they immediately fired Zimmerman. That was on a Friday and over the weekend they called Zimmerman and said his services would no longer be needed. They wanted to silence him."

Days after the Department of Justice lawyers fired Dr. Zimmerman as their expert witness, he alleges, they went on to misrepresent his opinion to continue to debunk autism claims. Records show that on June 18, 2007, a DOJ attorney Dr. Zimmerman spoke to told vaccine court, “We know [Dr. Zimmerman’s] views on the issue...There is no scientific basis for a connection” between vaccines and autism. Dr. Zimmerman now calls that “highly misleading.”

The former DOJ lawyer didn’t return our calls and emails. Kennedy has filed a fraud complaint with the Justice Department Inspector General, who told us they don’t “comment on investigations or potential investigations.”

Meantime, CDC—which promotes vaccines and monitors vaccine safety-- never disclosed that the government’s own one-time medical expert concluded vaccines can cause autism - and to this day public health officials deny that’s the case.

Dr. Anne Schuchat: “Based on dozens of studies and everything I know as a physician and a scientist, there’s no link between autism and vaccines.”

CDC declined our interview request. In addition to filing a fraud complaint, Kennedy has delivered Dr. Zimmerman’s affidavit to leaders on Capitol Hill. But there he claims, is another key part of this story: roadblocks set up by the pharmaceutical industry—or PhRMA.

Kennedy: But everybody takes money from PhRMA so they've all been corrupted. And it's almost impossible to get anything done on Capitol Hill.

Kennedy, a Democrat, isn’t the only one claiming vaccine industry money rules the day. We spoke to 11 current and former members of Congress and staff who claim they faced pressure, bullying or threats when they raised vaccine safety questions. Several of them agreed to appear on camera.

Burton: "There's no question in my mind whatsoever that the pharmaceutical industry had a great influence with people over at the CDC and FDA. There's no question in my mind."

Republican Dan Burton—former Chairman of the House Oversight Committee—has an autistic grandson.

Burton: "I am not against vaccinations."

He pursued vaccine investigations in the early 2000s. Beth Clay was one of his staffers.

Clay: "There was a lot of pressure from people on the Hill."

"When you say people on the hill were exerting pressure, what kind of people? Colleagues?"

Clay: "Colleagues, there were pharmaceutical lobbyists. The pharmaceutical lobbyists had, you know, they are the same people that have been entrenched. They can walk into any office in Capitol Hill, and they'll talk to staff, they'll talk to members and they'll encourage them to discourage, our investigation."

Sharyl: "At the risk of stating the obvious why did they have that kind of access to members?"

Clay: "It's money. And if you look at the donations over the last 20 years, the pharmaceutical industry, and Republican and Democrat, they're nonpartisan. They put money everywhere."

Former Congressman, Dr. Dave Weldon, a Republican, says he got the message loud and clear.

Sharyl: "If you would want to hold a hearing on an issue like vaccines and autism, your own leadership might fight you on that because of the financial influence, the pharmaceutical industry."

Dave Weldon: "They wouldn’t fight you. They’d kill it. It's dead. They don't even want to discuss it. It's dead on arrival. If you, if you as an individual member want to take on the pharmaceutical industries. It's forget it."

Sharyl: "Can you describe an incident or just how it, how that would go?"

Weldon: "It would typically be in a hallway or the street and people would come up to you and say, 'You know, you really need to, you know, back off on this. It could be, it could be bad for the community or bad for the country or bad for you.'"

Weldon says he’s generally pro-vaccine, depending on the patient and the shot—and gives flu shots to adults. We asked him to review Dr. Zimmerman’s new affidavit.

Weldon: I found his affidavit and testimony through that affidavit to be consistent with my opinions. That some children can get an autism spectrum disorder from a vaccine.

Republican Bill Posey is a current member of Congress.

Rep. Bill Posey: "I don’t have to tell you that industry is a very, very powerful industry. Matter of fact, I don’t know of anyone more powerful than that industry."

Posey says his own party leaders twice promised to hold hearings on the topic, only to scuttle them in the end.

Hazlehurst – who happens to be a criminal prosecutor-- was scheduled to be a witness at one such Congressional hearing. Two weeks before the hearing in 2013, he briefed Congressional staff.

Hazlehurst: "I presented at that Congressional briefing and I explained in that hearing, if I did to a criminal in a court of law what the United States Department of Justice did to vaccine injured children, I would be disbarred and I would be facing criminal charges. I think that scared the hell out of them."

The hearing was abruptly cancelled. Meantime, Dr. Zimmerman – the one-time expert used to debunk vaccine autism claims—now says several of his own patients got autism from vaccines. They include Yates Hazlehurst.

Today, with intensive treatment, Yates is doing better. His dad hopes the new testimony from a most unlikely source will get new attention.

Hazlehurst: "A child that was unnecessarily sacrificed and hopefully some good, will come from his suffering."

The lobby group representing the pharmaceutical industry wouldn’t agree to an interview but told us they’re working with Congress and other stakeholders on the importance and safety of vaccines to support the health and safety of individuals and communities.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby DrEvil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm

^^Not quite.

https://vaxopedia.org/tag/andrew-zimmerman/

Dr. Zimmerman admits that there is no evidence that vaccines cause autism, but also believes that there are some exceptions, and that vaccines can cause regressive autism in some kids with mitochondrial disorders.

Dr. Zimmerman also clarified that it is not just immunizations, but infections, fever, and other inflammatory responses that can lead to regressive autism.

So it's not the vaccines themselves, but the inflammations that come with them that can cause it in kids who are already genetically predisposed to it. That would include inflammations caused by the diseases that vaccines prevent.

In other words, herd immunity from high vaccination rates would help protect these kids (assuming there is a way to determine if they're at risk so they can skip the vaccines, like kids with compromised immune systems).
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby DrEvil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 pm

stickdog99 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:30 am wrote:
DrEvil » 22 Dec 2018 18:21 wrote:Dude, truthwiki was started by the guy who runs Natural News, one of the most dishonest websites out there when it comes to this stuff. You might as well have linked to Infowars.

And sure, Skepticalraptor can be pretty harsh on the people he doesn't like, but if you read the article you would see that the Corvelva people made some pretty basic fuck-ups and leaps to conclusions that their results did not support.

Not to mention that research that is presented in the form of a pdf with no authors, on the website of the people who did the research is somewhat suspect. Get back to me when it's peer reviewed and published with all the authors listed.

This is your hero? Has Skeptical Raptor ever met a single mass produced chemical that he would not defend to the death? Ever?

I'm guessing you don't see the irony here.

What is Skeptical Raptor wrong about in this case?
DrEvil

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Today we investigate one of the biggest medical controversies of our time: vaccines.

:roll:
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 pm

DrEvil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm wrote:So it's not the vaccines themselves, but the inflammations that come with them that can cause it in kids who are already genetically predisposed to it. That would include inflammations caused by the diseases that vaccines prevent.

Lol. You're an endless source of amusement.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby DrEvil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:00 pm

Agent Orange Cooper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:40 am wrote:
DrEvil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm wrote:So it's not the vaccines themselves, but the inflammations that come with them that can cause it in kids who are already genetically predisposed to it. That would include inflammations caused by the diseases that vaccines prevent.

Lol. You're an endless source of amusement.

It's the inflammation that causes it. Any number of things can do that, only one if which is vaccines. Going from that to "vaccines causes autism" is like ranting about Ford (and only Ford) because their cars are involved in accidents. In other words: completely missing the point.

Tell us again why we should use more antibiotics.
DrEvil

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Funny how you're so quick to say it's the inflammation (and not the vaccines and their adjuvants which, uh, cause the inflammation) that causes autism when not once in the history of this thread have you ever even used the word, let alone intimated your apparent deep-seated belief in its role in causing autism. Apparently the testimony of Zimmerman has had some sort of effect on your ideas of the goalposts in this argument, and where they should be placed. Maybe wait to see what Skeptical Raptor thinks before you form 'your' opinion, eh?

The only uses of the word 'inflammation' in this thread I can find are from posters on my side of the fence, which is and always has been the position that vaccines commonly cause encephalitis in recipients, which can and does lead to measurable brain damage and the classic symptoms of autism seen, for example, in the autistic son of Rolf Hazlehurst interviewed in the Attkisson piece.

Here's one of the posts mentioning brain inflammation, good stuff from identity back in 2015:

identity » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:12 pm wrote:Opening paragraphs from Michael Belkin's THE VACCINE BUBBLE AND THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY, in the Vaccine Epidemic anthology, edited by Louise Habakus.

Vaccines can cause brain damage. Most people are completely unaware of this, but that is exactly how The Merck Manual, the largest-selling medical textbook, defines an adverse reaction to a vaccine: Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain that occurs when a virus directly infects the brain or when a virus or something else triggers inflammation . . . Encephalitis can occur in the following ways: A virus directly infects the brain. A virus that caused an infection in the past becomes reactivated and directly damages the brain. A virus or vaccine triggers a reaction that makes the immune system attack brain tissue (an autoimmune reaction).

An adverse vaccine reaction that causes brain damage (encephalitis) is the same thing as a complication from an infectious disease. Any pediatrician, doctor, or state or federal public health official who tells you that vaccines are completely safe, that adverse reactions to vaccines don’t exist, or that vaccine-induced injuries are so rare that they virtually never occur is either ignorant or is committing scientific fraud. Is it worse to have your child vaccinated by a doctor who does not know the possible adverse reactions, or to be lied to by a doctor or government bureaucrat who does know the terrible damage vaccines can cause?

This is no trivial matter. Every day, uninformed physicians administer vaccines to vast numbers of children and adults with little thought about the possibility of adverse reactions. When an adverse reaction occurs—in the form of brain inflammation, convulsions, or another injury—the typical first step is to blame someone else. Doctors and the government accuse parents of child abuse (i.e., shaken baby syndrome) or bad luck (i.e., defective genes) and accuse teenagers of bad behavior (i.e., using illicit drugs). Medical professionals do not step up and ask whether they hold any responsibility for causing an adverse reaction to a vaccine.

The Merck Manual further defines the symptoms of encephalitis: “Symptoms of encephalitis include fever, headache, personality changes or confusion, seizures, paralysis or numbness, sleepiness that can progress to coma and death.” Many tens of thousands of parents whose children were diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder reported that their kids were progressing normally until they received one or many vaccines, after which they had fevers, headaches, seizures, personality changes, and were never the same again. The symptoms reported by parents are the same symptoms of encephalitis that are defined in The Merck Manual. Health authorities in charge of defending and expanding universal immunization programs label these same symptoms “a coincidence.”

When my five-week-old daughter, Lyla, died hours after receiving her hepatitis B vaccine, the New York medical examiner was more concerned about examining our apartment for evidence of child abuse than about the possibility that a vaccine caused her death. The medical examiner initially told us, our pediatrician, and an investigating pathologist that Lyla’s brain was so swollen that it led to her death. After consulting with Merck (the manufacturer of Lyla’s hepatitis B vaccine), the medical examiner left me, a devastated father who just lost his precious firstborn child to an avoidable vaccine-induced death, with these parting words: “We’ve changed our minds; her brain was not swollen. Vaccines do a lot of good things for people, Mr. Belkin.” Former New York Times journalist Melody Petersen, who covered the pharmaceutical industry in her book Our Daily Meds, reports that doctors who fill out death certificates are instructed to call a ‘therapeutic misadventure’ a natural death.

Vaccine-caused diseases and deaths are an unacknowledged epidemic. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state public health departments, Bill Gates, and doctors incessantly repeat the mantra calling for more vaccines to eliminate “vaccine-preventable disease.” However, my daughter experienced the opposite effect—the prophylactic treatment that was supposed to prevent a disease instead caused severe harm. The medical term for this outcome is iatrogenesis, the “inadvertent and preventable induction of disease or complications by the medical treatment or procedures of a physician or surgeon.” To put this in real world terms, you walk in to a doctor ’s office in perfect health and you walk out with a lifelong neurological disability, or you even die, from prescribed vaccines. That is what happened to my daughter. Through immunization programs, modern medicine is creating the epidemic of neurological damage that it takes credit for preventing.

THE VACCINE HOLOCAUST

If you doubt the existence of adverse reactions to vaccines, you must first examine with your own eyes the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), which is available and searchable online at http://www.medalerts.org. As of November 17, 2010, VAERS listed 352,650 reports of vaccine adverse events. Former Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner David Kessler wrote in the Journal of the American Medical Association that “only about 1% of serious adverse events are reported to the FDA.”

Using that FDA commissioner ’s own estimate, there have been 35.2 million adverse reactions since the inception of VAERS in 1990, the vast majority of which were never acknowledged by doctors or public health officials. Regulators pull drugs such as Vioxx, Rezulin and Lotronex from the market after a few hundred or one thousand adverse reaction reports. Yet vaccines remain on the market, with hundreds of thousands of adverse reaction reports. The double standard is clear.

identity » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:25 pm wrote:And the closing paragraphs from Michael Belkin's chapter:

The blowback from the vaccine bubble is a rising epidemic of neurological damage. Approximately one in ninety-one children (1.1 percent of children) in the United States now receives an autism diagnosis. This is thirteen times more than the average autism rate (0.08 percent) found in a 1993 survey—before the U.S. childhood vaccination schedule expanded dramatically. The latest CDC study shows that 9.5 percent of parents surveyed reported that their child had received a diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

This plague of neurological damage is expanding in direct proportion to the greater number of vaccines imposed on an unsuspecting public. The future economic costs to society of medical care and welfare for a neurologically disabled population are staggering. Policy makers must consider these costs now—and Americans must hold the corporate perpetrators economically and criminally liable.

Every bubble contains an element of crowd psychology, or a collective conception that shepherds unsuspecting individuals into wholeheartedly participating in an ill-fated popular delusion. Examples of this include buying the NASDAQ at the 5,000 level in early 2000, and buying an unaffordable house in 2007. During a bubble, people are dying to participate. The bigger the bubble, the more powerful the promotional messages encouraging participation.

A similar force is at work regarding vaccination. Television, print, and online publications are constantly quoting CDC and public health officials, who tell everyone how dangerous the flu, measles, chickenpox, meningitis, pertussis, and cervical cancer are. Their messages include exhortations to vaccinate against vaccine-preventable diseases. These health authorities are essentially selling fear and disease. It appears that their intention is to whip up mass hysteria and persuade people to wait in line for the latest miracle vaccine against a deadly disease. These unsuspecting people remain unaware that adverse reactions to vaccines exist and are defined in medical textbooks as the same thing as infectious disease complications. We cluck at the bad judgment of those who invested their life savings in overpriced technology stocks when stockbrokers trumpeted a Dow advance to 24,000 (its peak was 14,164), and at others who bought Miami condominiums and Las Vegas ranch houses when mortgage brokers urged them to avoid missing the housing boom. Today, the pharmaceutical industry has convinced the government and the medical profession to do its bidding. Another group of jive-talking promoters, who have a vested personal and financial interest in fanning the flames of mass hysteria, is exploiting the public.

Incidentally, institutional portfolio managers (my clients) who resisted the NASDAQ and real estate bubbles lost customers who only wanted portfolio managers who purveyed the popular investment flavor of the month. In other words, there was tremendous institutional pressure to play the game, even though they did not believe in it and knew it would end in tears. There is undoubtedly similar pressure in the medical world for doctors to play along with CDC vaccination recommendations and to make patients into pincushions for pharmaceutical companies, even if they suspect that “something is rotten in Denmark,” as Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet. The overall result is that enormous psychological pressure is placed on people by medical professionals to receive vaccines, either in normal primary-care settings or during emergency-room visits for unrelated injuries or illnesses. The aftermath of deviant psychology bubbles is typically a backlash against the bubble promoters. In the old days, the perpetrators would be tarred and feathered, or dispatched. After the NASDAQ bubble, investors’ sentiments toward stockbrokers and bubble cheerleaders soured. As we now know, through endless stories of people losing their homes through foreclosure, the public’s sentiment toward estate brokers, mortgage brokers, politicians, and overpaid “banksters” is vindictive. Victims want retribution.

When the vaccine bubble finally bursts, public sentiment toward government health officials, pharmaceutical companies, and doctors is likely to turn negative in the same way that it did after the collapse of the stock market and real estate bubbles. Today, the vaccine regulatory system is primed to approve and advance all of the vaccines Big Pharma can dream up. The sales pitch is germophobia and protection against diseases you didn’t know you had or could get, such as genital and anal warts —Merck’s latest justification for giving male sixth graders the female-oriented human papillomavirus (HPV) cervical cancer vaccine. In all likelihood, this will end badly (as if VAERS isn’t already disastrous enough). The greedy fearmongers will overstep their boundaries and create a catastrophically dangerous vaccine, like the 1976 swine flu vaccine that caused an estimated five hundred cases of Guillain-Barré-syndrome-induced paralysis and at least twenty-five deaths. A similar disaster would ignite today’s vaccine safety controversy and rapidly turn the tide of public ideology against vaccines and vaccination mandates. Fraud always becomes a public issue after a bubble bursts. All of the evidence is currently here before everyone’s eyes, including fudged safety studies, the revolving door of health officials and pharmaceutical executives, denial about the basic scientific definition of neurological damage, and more. The public simply needs to connect the dots.

THE REFUSERS

In the meantime, we must preserve the right to opt out of compulsory vaccination requirements for our children and ourselves. Infectious disease specialists use the term “refuser” pejoratively, to cast aspersions on those who are intelligent, informed, and strong willed enough to “refuse” the corporate and governmental assault on our families’ bodies with their ineffective, unsafe, and toxic vaccines. I admire their supposedly pejorative term “refuser” so much that I trademarked it and created a musical band around the concept—The Refusers. This is my attempt to raise public awareness about vaccination risks that the pharmaceutical industry and the CDC are foisting on us. I fully support the right of all parents to make informed vaccination choices for their children, whatever their decisions may be. Indeed, the CDC claims that over ninety percent of American children younger than three years of age are now fully vaccinated. So be it. After losing a daughter and investigating the socalled science behind our current vaccines, I am a refuser. Medical authorities and uninformed parents want to turn that informed decision around and paint people like me as a menace to society. The VAERS reports show that adverse reactions to vaccines are the real menace to society.

In my opinion, health officials and drug companies intend to abolish that right of refusal; meanwhile, they are causing an epidemic of neurological damage from vaccines and denying responsibility for it. They take credit for preventing neurological damage from disease epidemics. Nevertheless, The Merck Manual and VAERS tell us the truth. Public health officials have betrayed the public they pledged to protect. Postbubble forces will unleash a massive reform and bring the perpetrators of this vaccine bubble and the epidemic of neurological damage to justice. Until then, it is essential that we honor an individual’s choice to refuse a vaccine as a human right.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:09 am

Pockets of unvaccinated children have provided fertile ground for the measles virus to take hold. Although measles was eliminated in the U.S. the virus has been brought back by travelers to Israel, which has been battling an epidemic of measles for months. The victims: mostly members of close-knit Orthodox Jewish communities across the state.

New York is fighting its worst outbreak of measles in decades

Jan. 8, 2019 / 4:01 AM CST
At Clarkstown Pediatrics in Nanuet, New York, babies are on an accelerated measles vaccination schedule, getting their first shots six months early and their second dose right away.

It’s part of a statewide effort to stop several outbreaks of measles from turning into an epidemic. The state has had 122 cases of the highly infectious virus since September, making it the worst year for measles since the 1990s.

Pockets of unvaccinated children have provided fertile ground for the measles virus to take hold. Although measles was eliminated in the U.S. the virus has been brought back by travelers to Israel, which has been battling an epidemic of measles for months. The victims: mostly members of close-knit Orthodox Jewish communities across the state.

“It’s a clear and present danger right here in our community,” said Dr. Douglas Puder, a pediatrician at Clarkstown Pediatrics. His practice is right in the middle of the biggest outbreak, in New York’s Rockland County. Last week, the county reported 105 cases of measles since the fall. More than 80 percent on average had not been vaccinated and just three cases had received both recommended doses of measles vaccine.

Local, state and federal health officials are battling to fight the outbreaks, which they believe have been fueled by a combination of anti-vaccine propaganda, lax enforcement of school requirements to vaccinate, and a growing trend among some families to turn away from standard medical care. As a result, some private schools in the county reported vaccination rates had fallen to as low as 50 percent. It takes a vaccination rate of 95 percent or higher to prevent outbreaks of disease.

Thus, the full-court press to get children vaccinated. “We have made an incredibly aggressive effort to address this,” said New York state health commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker. “This has been the worst measles outbreak in recent history in New York state.”

More than 13,000 people, mostly young children, have been vaccinated over the past three months at state and county clinics. More than 40,000 educational flyers have been distributed to homes in the hardest-hit communities, and more than two dozen schools and daycare centers closed because of low vaccination rates. Unvaccinated children have been required to stay home for their own protection until they get the shots.

“To date there are more than 30 schools, daycares, and nursery schools in Rockland county that have been required to enact exclusion policies to help stop the spread of measles as permitted by New York State Public Health Law,” the county says on its website.

And individual clinics are making their own efforts.

“We have brought in every child six months and older to give them an MMR (measles, mumps and rubella vaccine,” Puder told NBC News.

A child usually receives the first MMR vaccine at the age of one year, and a second dose by age four. But to protect local kids in the face of a spreading, highly contagious virus, the schedule has been accelerated. “We have been bringing the one-year-olds back at 13 months to get a second dose,” Puder said. “It’s up to us to keep this from spreading. This could become a truly major epidemic.”

Health officials have struggled to get a handle on how this happened. Statewide, New York has good vaccination rates. More than 92 percent of children in New York have received at least one dose of the MMR vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But New York is one of 47 states that still allow parents to refuse to vaccinate their children for religious reasons, and confusion over that may have led some parents to opt out, Zucker said. That’s even though no organized religious group forbids its member to vaccinate children, and Jewish law specifically instructs followers to protect their own health as well as the health of their children and community.

“I have been out to the community many times now and met with the rabbis there,” Zucker said. He said religious leaders have been puzzled by some of the vaccine skepticism and are advising their congregations to vaccinate.

One issue: Private schools don’t necessarily follow state guidelines for vaccinating students as a prerequisite for enrollment, and Rockland County has a large number of private schools, said John Lyon, a spokesman for the county.

“People usually wait until the school or the doctor makes them get vaccinated,” Lyon said. “In many cases, it seems like they didn’t have to do it so they chose not to do it.” Enforcing school vaccination requirements appears to have helped encourage more vaccinations, Lyon said.

“There is also a strong movement by the anti-vaccination community to get into this community,” Zucker said. Some groups have complained that they were targeted for years by an anti-vaccine group called PEACH, or Parents Teaching and Advocating for Children’s Health — including with pamphlets and robo-calls.

“It is amazing how much resources and funding they have,” Zucker said.

Fighting back takes time.

Measles is extremely infectious. An unvaccinated person has a 90 percent chance of becoming ill if exposed to the virus and the virus itself is unusually transmissible. It can hang in the air and infect people even hours after an infectious person has left a room.

Puder said parents are often vague about their fears. “Parents will say things ‘like so many vaccines’ or ‘my child is too small to get so many vaccines’,” he said. “When the fear is not put into words ... it’s hard to respond.”

Many of the cases are among people who have skipped regular medical visits, Puder said. “I know in our group, it’s the kids you don’t see that don’t get vaccinated,” he said. "It's the group that is interested in alternative medicine."

And some pediatricians have enabled the vaccine-shy. “There are a few pediatricians who are more tolerant of vaccine-refusing parents,” he said. “I know who they are and I am not going to say their names.”

Although some people consider measles a benign childhood illness, it can kill. Measles causes encephalitis and pneumonia and before mass vaccination began in the 1980s, measles killed nearly 2.6 million people a year, according to the World Health Organization. It still kills more than 100,000 people a year, mostly children under five.

So every time a case is identified, public health workers must track down everyone else that patient was in contact with over the preceding days and weeks and check to make sure they do not become infected. “Whenever you get a confirmed case of measles, you have to interview the person and find out everywhere they have been and every person they met during the communicable period,” Lyon said.

But efforts are slowly working.

“It’s a clear and present danger right here in our community."

“I think we are on top of the outbreaks. The issue is to get all these kids vaccinated and to get a very strong campaign to raise public awareness,” Zucker said.

According to the CDC, 2018 was not worst recent year on record for measles in the U.S. As of Dec. 1, 292 cases were reported nationwide. In 2014, 667 cases were reported, fueled in large part by an outbreak traced to travelers returning from the Philippines and linked to Disneyland, as well as unvaccinated Amish communities in Ohio.

And anti-vaccine propagandists helped set the stage for an outbreak of measles among Somali immigrants in Minnesota in 2017.

Maggie Fox is a senior writer for NBC News and TODAY, covering health policy, science, medical treatments and disease.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... es-n955891
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby identity » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:44 pm

Kim Mack Rosenberg & Eileen Iorio | The HPV Vaccine On Trial, Adjuvants, & Data Manipulation

https://media.blubrry.com/thehighersidechats/p/content.blubrry.com/thehighersidechats/THC_Kim_Mack_Rosenberg_and_Eileen_Iorio_Free.mp3

https://www.business-humanrights.org/sites/default/files/documents/HPV%20Vaccine%20on%20Trial%20Press%20Packet.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_Q-XrVW8U

That some members of a herd can defend -- in this of all forums! -- the actions of such a thoroughly and transparently corrupt industry simply boggles the mind.
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Postby DrEvil » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Agent Orange Cooper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:19 am wrote:Funny how you're so quick to say it's the inflammation (and not the vaccines and their adjuvants which, uh, cause the inflammation) that causes autism when not once in the history of this thread have you ever even used the word, let alone intimated your apparent deep-seated belief in its role in causing autism. Apparently the testimony of Zimmerman has had some sort of effect on your ideas of the goalposts in this argument, and where they should be placed. Maybe wait to see what Skeptical Raptor thinks before you form 'your' opinion, eh?

The only uses of the word 'inflammation' in this thread I can find are from posters on my side of the fence, which is and always has been the position that vaccines commonly cause encephalitis in recipients, which can and does lead to measurable brain damage and the classic symptoms of autism seen, for example, in the autistic son of Rolf Hazlehurst interviewed in the Attkisson piece.

Here's one of the posts mentioning brain inflammation, good stuff from identity back in 2015:

identity » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:12 pm wrote:Opening paragraphs from Michael Belkin's THE VACCINE BUBBLE AND THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY, in the Vaccine Epidemic anthology, edited by Louise Habakus.

...snip...

You know what else causes inflammation of the brain? Measles (not to mention the small detail of about 110000 children dying from it every year). Why do I never see you talking about measles causing autism, or all the children dying from it? If I was a cynic I'd say you don't care about dead children* as long as you get to keep your personal beliefs.

There's nothing new in those articles (and really, the vaccine holocaust?). No one has ever said vaccines are 100% safe, only that they prevent far more harm than they cause. Why it's so hard for you to understand this simple fact is beyond me.

*In the time it took me to write this post two children died from measles. I wonder what the corresponding number is for vaccines.
DrEvil

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:26 pm

identity » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:44 pm wrote:That some members of a herd can defend -- in this of all forums! -- the actions of such a thoroughly and transparently corrupt industry simply boggles the mind.

So-called corruption is a given. Or, really, nepotism and greed are predictably everywhere and always and so there's no *thing* called corruption that would be some kind of deviation from the norm. But nepotism and greed (aka corruption for the doe-eyed masses) are not the only explanatory forces on earth or in a society; there's also the basic desire to protect children's health, faith in the scientific endeavor, etc. "Corruption" is only shocking or all-powerful when people pretend it doesn't exist. Once it's acknowledged as a given, its only one force among many.

I'm wide open to being convinced that some vaccines are sometimes dangerous and, thus far, this thread - and especially weird digs like the one I'm currently responding to - have done little to upset my basic faith that vaccines are, in general, mostly safe and mostly for the good, even *despite* the corrupt milieus in which they exist.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:25 pm

Oof. One day we may clamor for A.D. back so that spare us the labor of posting miles of copy-paste refuting anti-vax stuff. (This is a joke.)

I will have two interesting bits to post about autism soon as I dig them up (and if my travel plans don't interfere) but it's really kind of impervious. Even the medical establishment has given up on "autism" as a single thing, or even anything less than 50 different things, hence the more recently developed "spectrum" (which I expect will turn eventually into the escape hatch for admitting it was 50 or 560 different things).
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:52 pm

More from Atkisson on Dr. Zimmerman:

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/ ... -to-autism

A world-renowned pro-vaccine medical expert is the newest voice adding to the body of evidence suggesting that vaccines can cause autism in certain susceptible children.

Pediatric neurologist Dr. Andrew Zimmerman originally served as the expert medical witness for the government, which defends vaccines in federal vaccine court. He had testified that vaccines do not cause autism in specific patients.

Dr. Zimmerman now has signed a bombshell sworn affidavit. He says that, during a group of 5,000 vaccine-autism cases being heard in court on June 15, 2007, he took aside the Department of Justice (DOJ) lawyers he worked for defending vaccines and told them he’d discovered “exceptions in which vaccinations could cause autism.”

“I explained that in a subset of children, vaccine-induced fever and immune stimulation did cause regressive brain disease with features of autism spectrum disorder,” Dr. Zimmerman now states. He said his opinion was based on “scientific advances” as well as his own experience with patients.

For the government and vaccine industry’s own pro-vaccine expert to have this scientific opinion stood to change everything about the vaccine-autism debate — if people were to find out.

But they didn’t.

Dr. Zimmerman goes on to say that once the DOJ lawyers learned of his position, they quickly fired him as an expert witness and kept his opinion secret from other parents and the rest of the public.

What’s worse, he says the DOJ went on to misrepresent his opinion in federal vaccine court to continue to debunk vaccine-autism claims.

Records show that on June 18, 2007, a DOJ attorney to whom Dr. Zimmerman spoke told the vaccine court: “We know [Dr. Zimmerman’s] views on the issue. ... There is no scientific basis for a connection” between vaccines and autism.

Dr. Zimmerman now calls that “highly misleading” and says he’d told them the opposite.

Vaccine safety advocate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., of Children’s Health Defense, describes the DOJ attorneys’ alleged cover-up and misrepresentations as “one of the most consequential frauds, arguably in human history.” He has filed a fraud complaint with the DOJ inspector general against the DOJ attorneys involved. (The inspector general’s office said it cannot comment on investigations or potential investigations.)

As a backdrop, it helps to understand how vaccine injury claims are handled in the United States.

Congress created the special vaccine court in 1988, in consultation with the pharmaceutical industry. In this special court, hearings are private and vaccine makers don’t defend their products — the federal government does it for them, using DOJ lawyers. Money for victims comes from us, not from the pharmaceutical industry, through patient fees added to every vaccine given.

Rolf Hazlehurst is the parent of one autistic child whom Dr. Zimmerman states got autism from vaccination. A criminal prosecutor, Hazlehurst told congressional staffers at a briefing in 2013 that “if I did to a criminal in a court of law what the United States Department of Justice did to vaccine-injured children, I would be disbarred and I would be facing criminal charges. I think that scared the hell out of them.” An upcoming House Oversight hearing on the topic was abruptly cancelled.

Dr. Zimmerman’s opinion mirrors that of another pro-vaccine medical expert — the late Dr. Bernadine Healy, former director of the National Institutes of Health. And it lines up with what the head of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Immunization Safety, Dr. Frank DeStefano, told me in 2014. When asked about vaccines triggering autism in certain susceptible children, DeStefano acknowledged it as possible.

“I guess that, that is a possibility,” said DeStefano. “It’s hard to predict who those children might be, but certainly, individual cases can be studied to look at those possibilities.”

No known studies have been attempted. However, vaccine court cases show that some children whose autism was triggered by vaccine had unknown pre-existing susceptibilities including Tuberous Scleroris (TS) and mitochondrial disorder. The U.S. vaccine court has paid $4 billion to date, including for injuries in which children ended up with autism but when the plaintiff’s alleged the brain injury using the term “encephalopathy” rather than “autism.”

When asked, the DOJ, the CDC and the pharmaceutical lobby group PhRMA had no comment about Dr. Zimmerman’s affidavit. The primary attorney named in Dr. Zimmerman’s affidavit as having misrepresenting his opinion no longer works for the Justice Department, and did not answer repeated requests for comment for a recent “Full Measure” program on the controversy.

The CDC website currently makes no mention of Dr. Zimmerman’s opinion, his published findings or similar studies, or numerous cases in which the government has paid damages in vaccine court to children who — according to the vaccine court and medical experts — got autism as a result of their vaccine injuries. The CDC states unequivocally that “vaccines do not cause autism.”

Scientists say it’s entirely possible to identify conditions most likely to make children susceptible to vaccine injury and to devise a safer vaccination policy to protect them, while continuing a robust vaccine program for the rest.

For the sake of children, Congress should re-examine both sides of the medical science in this case.

Sharyl Attkisson is an Emmy Award-winning investigative journalist, author of The New York Times best-sellers "The Smear" and "Stonewalled," and host of Sinclair's Sunday TV program, “Full Measure.” Follow her on Twitter @SharylAttkisson.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Official Trailer forl Vaxxed II: The People's Truth:

Agent Orange Cooper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion