Vaccine - Autism link

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Vaccine - Autism link

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:43 pm

DrEvil » 12 Mar 2019 22:26 wrote:The irony is that Mike Adams has never seen woo that he will not defend to the death. Why is someone who calls on his followers to murder people better than someone who uses harsh language?

You didn't answer my question either. What is he wrong about specifically?

Skepticalraptor is crowdfunded btw.

I am not Mike Adams. I have never defended Mike Adams.

What am I wrong about specifically? Because I can assure you that the crowd that funds me is far more trustworthy than the crowd that funds a transparent industry shill.

In terms of what SR is wrong about specifically, could I perhaps point you to his entire agenda of devoting his life to defending the most destructively powerful corporate interests against any questioning whatsoever from independent scientists?

Finally, you didn't answer my question either. Has "crowdfunded" Skeptical Raptor ever met a single mass produced chemical or genetic alteration that he will not defend to the death, Dr. Evil?
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:47 am

More than 2,000 quarantined over mumps outbreak at immigration centers
Those exposed to the outbreak are undergoing a 25-day quarantine in detention centers in Louisiana and Colorado.
March 12, 2019, 2:39 PM CDT
By Associated Press
PHOENIX — U.S. immigration authorities say more than 2,200 people exposed to a mumps outbreak in at least two detention facilities have been quarantined.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Tuesday that the 25-day quarantine began March 7 at facilities in Pine Prairie, Louisiana, and Aurora, Colorado.

A spokesman says 236 detainees have had confirmed or probable cases of mumps in 51 facilities in the past year. There were no reported cases between 2016 and 2018 at any ICE facilities.

Mumps is extremely rare, and infections have dropped off by 99 percent since vaccinations began in the late 1960s. It can spread quickly through coughing, sneezing or even talking.

A measles outbreak at an immigrant detention center in Eloy, Arizona, in 2016 contributed to a statewide outbreak after some employees refused to get vaccinated.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mo ... rs-n982346
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby DrEvil » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 am

stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:43 am wrote:
DrEvil » 12 Mar 2019 22:26 wrote:The irony is that Mike Adams has never seen woo that he will not defend to the death. Why is someone who calls on his followers to murder people better than someone who uses harsh language?

What am I wrong about specifically? Because I can assure you that the crowd that funds me is far more trustworthy than the crowd that funds a transparent industry shill.

In terms of what SR is wrong about specifically, could I perhaps point you to his entire agenda of devoting his life to defending the most destructively powerful corporate interests against any questioning whatsoever from independent scientists?

Finally, you didn't answer my question either. Has "crowdfunded" Skeptical Raptor ever met a single mass produced chemical or genetic alteration that he will not defend to the death, Dr. Evil?

I didn't answer because it's a stupid question. Have you ever seen a conspiracy theory that you wouldn't defend to the death? If not, please list every single conspiracy theory that you wouldn't defend to the death with citations and links to back it up. Thanks in advance.

And why is he an industry schill? Because he disagrees with anti-vaxxers and other skeptics? Is anyone who disagrees with them paid schills? And why did you put "crowdfunded" in quotation marks? Do you have any reason to think he's being paid under the table by vested interests, or are you just going after his character to avoid dealing with his arguments? Some actual evidence to back up your claims would be appreciated.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 am

liminalOyster » 09 Jan 2019 00:26 wrote:I'm wide open to being convinced that some vaccines are sometimes dangerous and, thus far, this thread - and especially weird digs like the one I'm currently responding to - have done little to upset my basic faith that vaccines are, in general, mostly safe and mostly for the good, even *despite* the corrupt milieus in which they exist.

This is the exact problem with the vaccine industry as well as the toxic fluoride waste industry. It does not require science because it operates on the principle of faith. We don't need to prove fluoridation is more beneficial than it is harmful because we know in our bones that our teeth are lost without it. And we can use vaccines as the "placebos" when we test vaccines for safety because of our basic faith that vaccines are, in general, mostly safe and mostly for the good.

We can force all pregnant women to get a largely useless flu vaccine because our basic faith that vaccines are, in general, mostly safe and mostly for the good. Again, we don't have to demonstrate that the benefit of this policy exceeds the cost and risk because of our blind faith that it does.

Why does this remind me of my father desperately looking for the last service station that stocked leaded gasoline because of his blind faith that his car engine would break without all that delicious lead?
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:40 am

liminalOyster » 15 Jan 2019 00:18 wrote:
Cordelia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 pm wrote:^^^I got to the 1:45 mark and had to stop viewing. :cry:

JJ&M it must be scary becoming a parent today, shooting up babies and waiting to see if anything happens to them. Does a parent do what's best and least harmful for their children or what's recommended by the CDC and AMA? It needs to be a responsible and personal choice. I can think I know what I'd do if I had to do it over again; I'm relieved that those I love dearly were either not adversely affected or have stopped vaccinations because they were. Follow the CDC schedule https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/ ... scent.html, and wonder, what will be the future health of your child?

What do you find so scary about vaccines or the CDC schedule? All the kids in my family are vaxxed. So are their friends and the vast majority of their classmates. No horror stories. No tragedies that appear related. These docs are ludicrous and do little more than promote fear and hysteria with little to no reason to believe vaccines are involved in most of the terrible outcomes reported by grieving parents.

All the kids in my family got mercury fillings. So did their friends and the vast majority of their classmates. No horror stories. No tragedies that appear related. People who claim mercury is neurotoxic are ludicrous.

All the cars in my family ran on leaded gas. So did their those of all my friends. No horror stories. No tragedies that appear related. People who claim lead is neurotoxic are ludicrous.
Last edited by stickdog99 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 am

DrEvil » 23 Jan 2019 03:08 wrote:
Sounder » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:19 am wrote:Hey, where are the forces of vaccine orthodoxy needed to help explain what is really happening here? Busy waxing indignant with easier targets for now I guess.

You're an easy target, I'll give you that, but I'll bite.

The GMC colluded with The Lancet, the media, the British Department of Health, the pharmaceutical industry, and even with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Department of Justice, to discredit Dr. Wakefield.

Sooo... Literally thousands of people from several countries got together to ruin this one man's career. Hmmmmmm..

Yeah, it's patently ridiculous to believe that any scientist could ever have his career damaged for publishing work that threatened corporate profits.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 am

DrEvil » 13 Mar 2019 12:04 wrote:
stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:43 am wrote:

I didn't answer because it's a stupid question. Have you ever seen a conspiracy theory that you wouldn't defend to the death? If not, please list every single conspiracy theory that you wouldn't defend to the death with citations and links to back it up. Thanks in advance.

And why is he an industry schill? Because he disagrees with anti-vaxxers and other skeptics? Is anyone who disagrees with them paid schills? And why did you put "crowdfunded" in quotation marks? Do you have any reason to think he's being paid under the table by vested interests, or are you just going after his character to avoid dealing with his arguments? Some actual evidence to back up your claims would be appreciated.

Week 1: Scientific paper threatening corporate profits of any large agrichemical or biochemical corporation is published.

Week 2: Some woo site on Skeptical Raptor's watch list highlights said study.

Week 3: Skeptical Raptor dutifully vilifies the scientists who produced the paper both personally and professionally regardless of their pedigree or the true merits of their findings.

Week 4: Every person who expresses any concern about the findings of the original paper is directed to Skeptical Raptor's attack piece in order to protect corporate profits. Nothing to see here. Ever. Just another quack scientist. All chemicals sold by huge corporations are always good chemicals.

That's your hero. That's the PR flack you love and trust beyond all measure.
Last edited by stickdog99 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickdog99

Postby DrEvil » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:38 pm

stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:47 pm wrote:
Sounder » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:19 am wrote:Hey, where are the forces of vaccine orthodoxy needed to help explain what is really happening here? Busy waxing indignant with easier targets for now I guess.

The GMC colluded with The Lancet, the media, the British Department of Health, the pharmaceutical industry, and even with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Department of Justice, to discredit Dr. Wakefield.

Sooo... Literally thousands of people from several countries got together to ruin this one man's career. Hmmmmmm..

Yeah, it's patently ridiculous to believe that any scientist could ever have his career damaged for publishing work that threatened corporate profits.

Because preventing illness with a one-off, fairly cheap vaccine is so good for profits. Much better than repeat customers as people kept getting sick. Could you at least try some arguments that make sense?

You're confusing "could have happened" with "absolutely, definitely happened", with no evidence.

Wakefield broke pretty much every rule on how to do medical research ethically and reaped the consequences. It really isn't any more mysterious than that. And it's not like he was threatening their profits. If his alternative vaccine had been successful they would have just bought it with the loose change from the board room couch and continued making money.

They even removed thimerosal from vaccines because so many people were freaking out about it, and nothing happened. Autism rates didn't change. His research was bad, plain and simple.
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:46 pm

DrEvil » 13 Mar 2019 16:38 wrote:

Because preventing illness with a one-off, fairly cheap vaccine is so good for profits. Much better than repeat customers as people kept getting sick. Could you at least try some arguments that make sense?

You're confusing "could have happened" with "absolutely, definitely happened", with no evidence.

Wakefield broke pretty much every rule on how to do medical research ethically and reaped the consequences. It really isn't any more mysterious than that. And it's not like he was threatening their profits. If his alternative vaccine had been successful they would have just bought it with the loose change from the board room couch and continued making money.

They even removed thimerosal from vaccines because so many people were freaking out about it, and nothing happened. Autism rates didn't change. His research was bad, plain and simple.

Wakefield broke every ethical research rule in the book? Really? Which rules were those specifically?

Why was/is thimerosal in vaccines to begin with?

Note that we have not removed thimerosal from any multi-vial vaccines, including the flu vaccines that the CDC recommends we all get annually, in order to save 11 cents wholesale per multi-vial dose. Does that strike you as a good benefit vs. cost and risk decision? Given the choice, would you personally be willing to pay 11 cents more for a mercury-free vaccine for your loved ones? Or would you find it more cost effective to "crowdfund" a flack like Skeptic Raptor to defend the perfect safety record of thimerosal to the death (as he has many times) and to keep attacking any scientist who dares to mention mercury's toxicity (as he has many times) so that you can keep pocketing a few extra cents per multi-vial dose?
Last edited by stickdog99 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickdog99

Re: SB277

Postby Sounder » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:44 am

Thanks stickdog99 for your efforts. Judging by California, Democrats show themselves to be full on whores for big Pharma. But I don't mind, maybe it will help trigger our own 'Yellow Vest' style rejection of the dict-act of money grubbers. Long article.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... olicy.aspx

One four-month old baby girl died after receiving seven vaccines at the same time29 and a six-month old boy died after receiving 13 vaccines all at once.30

"I felt like it was my fault," Quavia Turner says in her heartbreaking account.31 "After her reactions at two months old, I didn't want her to get anymore vaccines, period. I felt bullied into it. I questioned the shots because of her previous reactions to them and they were like, "nothing will happen."...I thought I was doing the right thing. Where we live in Tennessee, if you don't vaccinate, they try to deem you unfit. You are made to feel you have no choice what vaccines your child gets and when they get them...I truly felt horrible, I felt I went against my better judgment and trusted the doctors over my instincts as a mother."

How are people supposed to trust doctors who have zero liability for their recommendations? As noted by Barbara Loe Fisher in her testimony opposing SB277 in the California Assembly Health Committee hearing:

"This bill is not about measles or pertussis. It is about taking power away from mothers and fathers to make medical risk decisions for their minor children and handing it over to doctors to implement a one-size-fits-all policy with no personal accountability for the children who become casualties of that policy. It punishes parents with good reason to conclude their children are already vaccine injured or vulnerable to vaccine harm but cannot find a doctor to acknowledge that and write a medical vaccine exemption."
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby DrEvil » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 am

stickdog99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:46 pm wrote:
DrEvil » 13 Mar 2019 16:38 wrote:

Wakefield broke every ethical research rule in the book? Really? Which rules were those specifically?

Why was/is thimerosal in vaccines to begin with?

Note that we have not removed thimerosal from any multi-vial vaccines, including the flu vaccines that the CDC recommends we all get annually, in order to save 11 cents wholesale per multi-vial dose. Does that strike you as a good benefit vs. cost and risk decision? Given the choice, would you personally be willing to pay 11 cents more for a mercury-free vaccine for your loved ones? Or would you find it more cost effective to "crowdsource" a flack like Skeptic Raptor to defend the perfect safety record of thimerosal to the death (as he has many times) and to keep attacking any scientist who dares to mention mercury's toxicity (as he has many times) so that you can keep pocketing a few extra cents per multi-vial dose?

I'm not going to go over Wakefield again just because you're too lazy to google it.

Thimerosal was in vaccines as a preservative to make them last longer. Then Wakefield published his fraudulent research and people freaked out, so it was removed from the childhood vaccines because it was easier than dealing with stupid shit. The result is that it is now harder to distribute vaccines in third world countries because they have a shorter shelf life.

And no, I wouldn't be worried if there was thimerosal in my vaccines, because there is zero evidence that it is actually harmful in the amounts present. There's been a ton of research on this after Wakefield, and they all came to the same conclusions. I'm sure you will now dismiss that as big pharma owning absolutely everyone involved (because, uniquely, the pharmaceutical industry is one hundred percent composed of sociopaths), but there's nothing much I can do about that except shake my head in despair.

I notice you keep saying "crowdsourced" in quotation marks, as if there's something suspicious about someone asking for donations to run his blog (like this website we're on right now). You have yet to present any evidence to back up any of your claims against Skepticalraptor, so I'm just going to assume that you don't like what he's saying because it conflicts with your unfounded beliefs, and that your only recourse is to engage in ad hominems. If you're going to accuse someone of something then present evidence to support your claim, or at least make an actual point, other than "chemicals bad. Hurr durr".
DrEvil

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm

DrEvil » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 am wrote:And no, I wouldn't be worried if there was thimerosal in my vaccines, because there is zero evidence that it is actually harmful in the amounts present.

:ohno:
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby DrEvil » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:24 am

Agent Orange Cooper » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 am wrote:
DrEvil » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 am wrote:And no, I wouldn't be worried if there was thimerosal in my vaccines, because there is zero evidence that it is actually harmful in the amounts present.

I'm guessing you have evidence then? Please share!

Edit: I was vaccinated before they removed thimerosal from the vaccines, so I've already tried it, and I'm still here yelling at you. I'm not even autistic. Also, I meant to say "evidence from reputable sources". Preferably peer reviewed and not anonymous and self-published.
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am

DrEvil » 15 Mar 2019 12:24 wrote:
Agent Orange Cooper » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 am wrote:

I'm guessing you have evidence then? Please share!

Edit: I was vaccinated before they removed thimerosal from the vaccines, so I've already tried it, and I'm still here yelling at you. I'm not even autistic. Also, I meant to say "evidence from reputable sources". Preferably peer reviewed and not anonymous and self-published.

See, this is my fundamental problem with both you and your hero Skeptical Raptor. You are both 100% willing to defend to to death even something that is plainly stupid and harmful to anyone who can still fire two brain cells together, such as completely unnecessary mercury preservatives in vaccines.

How about mercury amalgam tooth fillings? Are you, like Skeptical Raptor, also willing to defend these [i]"because there is zero evidence that it is actually harmful in the amounts present."[/b] If so, I wonder if you see the lack of irony in your chosen screen name.
stickdog99

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am

This is pretty reasonable. But if we want to be honest about it, this is primarily a question about the ethics of big pharma as pertains to SSA and other parts of the Global South. And glossing over Hyman's second sentence would be necessary for any anti-vaxxer who sees this as supporting their position. ps. AOC, he's not a big fan of antibiotics, so tread carefully.

Thimerosal: Why We Need To Open the Debate on Safety

Vaccinations are among the most important advances in medicine in the last century. We have eradicated smallpox from the planet and dramatically reduced death and suffering from infectious disease around the globe.

I am aggressively pro-vaccine. I am a father and family physician. I have vaccinated my children. I have been vaccinated and recommend vaccination to my patients.

Critics of Thimerosal: Let the Science Speak, edited by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., will quickly polarize the debate. It is easy to oversimplify the issue of Thimerosal into pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine, into pro-science or anti-science, or to attack his character rather than discuss the actual science. The history of medicine is replete with personal attacks that subvert open debate.

Critics will confuse this issue by debating whether Thimerosal causes autism, which has not been definitively proven and is not the subject of the book or the issues raised about Thimerosal. This is unfortunate, and detracts from a much simpler set of questions that are ultimately the subject of this scientifically dense book. Anyone who feels this issue is closed should take the time to carefully review the book and the hundreds of scientific references on which it is based.

There is no debate that mercury in any form is toxic. Scientists may debate the differences in toxicity between different forms of mercury such as ethylmercury (Thimerosal) or methylmercury (from fish). But all would agree that mercury is a potent neurotoxin.

It is unfortunate that TIME magazine reported without adequate fact checking that “The quantity of ethylmercury that was once in vaccines was so small that it was actually within acceptable limits for the more toxic, methyl form–but it wasn’t even in that methyl form to begin with.”

This PowerPoint from the Institute of Medicine shows that the two forms of mercury are only slightly different. It concludes: “Ethylmercury should be considered equipotent to methylmercury as a developmental neurotoxin.”

If the toxicity of methyl and ethyl mercury should be considered equivalent, and the EPA’s (Environmental Protection Agency) maximum acceptable reference dose (RfD) for methylmercury were applied to Thimerosal (ethylmercury), then a child given a single dose of Thimerosal preserved flu vaccine which contains 25 micrograms of mercury would have to weigh 250 kilograms (or 550 pounds) to be considered safe.

There is also no debate about the dramatic increased prevalence of neurodevelopmental disorders over the last few decades, including learning disabilities, attention deficit disorders and autism.

There may, however, be debate on the strength of the data and science implicating mercury in this increased prevalence of brain injury in children. These questions can never be adequately answered given the challenges of doing experimental studies on human subjects over long periods of time. Obviously, no ethical review board would ever approve a study in which children were purposefully exposed to mercury in order to test its toxicity. Population studies show correlations, but never prove causation, making it impossible to draw firm conclusions.

That leaves us with a very simple, moral question, and ultimately a very personal one. Because at some point in our lives, nearly all of us will have a child or grandchild who requires vaccinations. Or we will know a pregnant woman who will have to decide whether or not to get a flu shot that might contain mercury. All of us are people and parents first, and scientists and policymakers second.

So there is only one question that really matters.

Would you expose the unborn child or infant of a loved one to a vaccine containing mercury, a known neurotoxin, if there were other safer alternatives?

The answer to this question is simply common sense and requires no further scientific inquiry, but as Voltaire said, “common sense is not so common”.

If there were no other options, if it were a question of whether to vaccinate or not to vaccinate, then of course we would choose vaccination. But that is a false choice. There are 137 million children born each year in the world. Is our only option to subject them to a potent neurotoxin in their most delicate neurodevelopmental period? How can we best protect that future generation from preventable harm?

The arguments put forth that we cannot remove Thimerosal from vaccines are invalid. Thimerosal has already been removed from nearly all vaccines except the multi-dose flu vaccine in the United States. This was based on government recommendations and a call to action from many agencies and health organizations as well-documented the book.

However, Thimerosal still remains in nearly all the pediatric vaccines used in the developing world. There are effective alternative preservatives already in use (2-phenoxyethanol) and new ones can be developed. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned mercury as a topical antiseptic (remember Mercurochrome). And any medical products containing Thimerosal or mercury cannot be thrown in the garbage. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) considers them hazardous waste. Does it make any sense that even though Thimerosal is not safe to put on your skin, or to throw in the garbage, that it is safe to inject into pregnant women and babies?

Cost considerations are also used as an argument to keep Thimerosal in vaccines. There is a small cost increase to use single dose flu vaccines, but it is minor compared to the cost of neurodevelopmental disease in children. The global cost of taking Thimerosal out of all vaccines is $300 million a year. In the developing world, studies show that there is significant wastage of multi-dose vials, making single dose vials comparable in cost.

There are other arguments. Some scientists we spoke to at Health and Human Services said that Thimerosal might contribute to the effectiveness of the vaccines. Any agent that increases vaccine effectiveness is referred to as an adjuvant. However, Thimerosal is approved for use only as a preservative not as an active ingredient and such use is illegal.

What perplexes me is that few of the journalists writing about this issue recently have actually read the book or reviewed the science personally but rather accepted institutional pronouncements of safety.

Science progresses by debate, not denouncements. And the science should never be closed on any subject – the nature of science is to constantly question hypotheses. To say the issue on Thimerosal is closed is simply unscientific.

Just as we now are learning that fat may not be the driver of heart disease and obesity, overturning decades of scientific pronouncements and government polices, we need to be open to a scientific debate on Thimerosal.

The FDA has now ruled that trans fats are not safe, but still declares that injectable mercury is safe.

I think there is no place for mercury in any form in medical products, especially those injected into children and pregnant women. The precautionary principle suggests we should be better safe than sorry.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. But in this case there is abundant evidence if any journalist or scientist would take the time to read it as we did and is extensively documented in this book. While strength of all the evidence is not equal, and the conclusions not completely definitive, the overwhelming weight of the data suggest that there is potential for great harm.

I have been involved in reviewing and contributing ideas and scientific references to Thimerosal: Let the Science Speak. There were more than 1400 references in the original manuscript and I have reviewed most of them. The manuscript is a dispassionate and dense review of the actual literature and the history of Thimerosal. For more insight you can read the Executive Summary.

I have also been involved in efforts to change regulatory and legislative policy to reduce potential harm from Thimerosal. I do not belong to any organization connected in any way with this issue. Nor do I have any personal or financial interest in this issue other than a scientific and moral one.

And as a physician, my Hippocratic oath is to “first, do no harm.” We should practice the precautionary principle in medicine and avoid doing harm whenever possible. And given the simple fact that mercury is toxic, I can come to no other conclusion than this: We should immediately remove Thimerosal from vaccines and all other products used in medicine. ...

https://drhyman.com/blog/2014/07/18/thi ... nce-speak/
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion