It is happening... again. Twin Peaks, that is.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: It is happening... again. Twin Peaks, that is.

Postby BrandonD » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:20 pm

I lived in Seattle in 98, and some friends and I went to visit the waterfall and hotel that is shown in the opening credits.

I ended up accidentally dropping my glasses over the waterfall. I've joked with friends that you can see them in the credits if you look carefully.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Kyle MacLachlan will return as Agent Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks next year
• By Kwame Opam on January 12, 2015
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/12/75341 ... r-showtime

Kyle MacLachlan ✔ @Kyle_MacLachlan
Better fire up that percolator and find my black suit :-) #Twinpeaks
https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/sta ... 3209260033

David Lynch ✔ @DAVID_LYNCH
Welcome back to #TwinPeaks Special Agent Dale Cooper! @Kyle_MacLachlan returns in '16 on @SHO_Network #damnfinecoffee
https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/ ... 0536938498
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:32 am

‘Twin Peaks’ Return in Doubt as Director Lynch Backs Out

By JOHN KOBLINAPRIL 5, 2015

The future of Showtime’s revival of “Twin Peaks” was thrown into doubt Sunday evening after the show’s co-creator, David Lynch, announced that he would not direct any episodes after a disagreement about the show’s budget.

Mr. Lynch, who was expected to direct the entire series, made the announcement on Twitter.

“After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done,” he wrote on Twitter.

He said that he called “Twin Peaks” actors this weekend to let them know he would not be returning to direct. “ ‘Twin Peaks’ may still be very much alive at Showtime,” he added.

The premium cable channel said in a statement that producers “continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm.” Showtime also said that it felt it was making progress in negotiations with Mr. Lynch on “the few remaining deal points.” It was not clear whether Showtime would go forward without Mr. Lynch.

The network announced last October to great fanfare that the show would debut in 2016 for a limited nine-episode series. Production was expected to begin this year. Entertainment Weekly reported last month that Showtime had received all of the scripts for the show, written by Mr. Lynch and Mr. Frost.

When “Twin Peaks” had its debut in 1990 on ABC, it was one-of-a-kind for broadcast TV, a supernatural and spooky comic drama. The show centered on the mystery behind the death of a popular high school student named Laura Palmer. Its pilot episode drew more than 34 million viewers, but its audience steadily declined and the show was canceled after its second season.

The Showtime “Twin Peaks” revival was one example of several 1990s shows that are currently being reprised, including “Coach” for NBC, “The X-Files” for Fox, and, reportedly, “Full House” for Netflix.

Kyle MacLachlan, the actor behind the series lead, Special Agent Dale Cooper, said in January that he was returning to the show, as well.

“I love the world of ‘Twin Peaks’ and wish things could have worked out differently,” Mr. Lynch wrote on Twitter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/06/business/twin-peaks-return-in-doubt-as-director-lynch-backs-out.html
Iamwhomiam

Postby RocketMan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:19 pm

This just sucks. Gave me the damn blues, it did.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon May 18, 2015 4:57 pm

David Lynch Returns Again to ‘Twin Peaks’
By Andrew R. Chow
May 17, 2015 2:30 pm

David Lynch, shown in April at a David Lynch Foundation event, will direct more than nine hours worth of episodesCredit Kevin Winter/Getty Images

It wouldn’t be a David Lynch project without a twist. After backing out of the upcoming “Twin Peaks” revival last month, Mr. Lynch announced that he would be returning to direct the show’s new season on Showtime.

David Lynch
✔ @DAVID_LYNCH
Dear Twitter Friends, the rumors are not what they seem ..... It is !!! Happening again. #TwinPeaks returns on @SHO_Network
5:02 PM - 15 May 2015

“Twin Peaks” originally aired for two seasons starting in 1990, and plans for a reboot were revealed by co-creator Mark Frost in October. However, Mr. Lynch announced he was leaving the project in April, writing on Twitter: “After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done …I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.”

A little more than a month later, and following a viral video of the show’s cast trying to imagine the show without Mr. Lynch, he is back on board to direct more than nine hours worth of episodes, according to a statement by David Nevins, the president of Showtime.

The 2016 TV landscape is now filled with familiar faces from 1990s, as “The X-Files” and “Full House” are also slated for revivals.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Neither here nor there, but what is with the bloody and deadly gun battle at "Twin Peaks" between warring biker gangs? I couldn't help but go into "synch mode".

I've read that "Twin Peaks" is a chain that is trying to be a more "upscale" Hooters.

And goddamn would that suck to lose your glasses at Snoqualmie Falls! How blind are you? Because I would be fucked and I actually have come close to losing my glasses there as well a number of times. :eeyaa
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Lord Balto » Mon May 18, 2015 9:23 pm

82_28 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:17 pm wrote:Neither here nor there, but what is with the bloody and deadly gun battle at "Twin Peaks" between warring biker gangs? I couldn't help but go into "synch mode".

I've read that "Twin Peaks" is a chain that is trying to be a more "upscale" Hooters.

And goddamn would that suck to lose your glasses at Snoqualmie Falls! How blind are you? Because I would be fucked and I actually have come close to losing my glasses there as well a number of times. :eeyaa

Does seem rather synchronistic.

I can't believe it's some kind of diabolical publicity stunt, though. Synchronicity does, however, have a tendency to give you what you are looking for. Perhaps someone put in a request to the cosmic switchboard and it got garbled.
Lord Balto

Postby BrandonD » Mon May 18, 2015 9:40 pm

82_28 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:17 pm wrote:Neither here nor there, but what is with the bloody and deadly gun battle at "Twin Peaks" between warring biker gangs? I couldn't help but go into "synch mode".

I more blind now than I was at the time, so it wasn't a terrible tragedy.

My gf actually worked at a Twin Peaks for a while, yes you are exactly right they are trying to be the "upscale Hooters". It's still a terrible working environment for women though, they grade their waitresses on makeup, fingernails, figure, hair, even TAN ffs. I don't see how they can get away with that.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:06 pm

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin ... s-fanedit/

3.5 Hour Fan Edit Puts The Missing Pieces Back Into Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

Aug 4, 2014

Ever since the news broke that David Lynch was finally going to reveal the deleted scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, people have wondered whether he’d put them back in the movie or not. He never does. So once again, the director left his final cut for what it was and released the unseen footage as The Missing Pieces, a separate feature on the Twin Peaks Blu-ray.

Of course, this left many fans longing to see those scenes within their original context. But it didn’t take long for fan editor Q2, who previously made an epic five hour cut of the entire show called Northwest Passage, to step up and accept the challenge to produce a version of the film that was as close to the shooting script as possible, which turned out to be “definitely more challenging than anticipated“, as he told Welcome to Twin Peaks. “I didn’t expect the musical cues between theatrical scene and extended scene to be this troublesome.”

I found a torrent of this by searching for "fwwm" on The Pirate Bay :)
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby slomo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:33 pm

BrandonD » 18 May 2015 17:40 wrote:My gf actually worked at a Twin Peaks for a while, yes you are exactly right they are trying to be the "upscale Hooters". It's still a terrible working environment for women though, they grade their waitresses on makeup, fingernails, figure, hair, even TAN ffs. I don't see how they can get away with that.

The owls are not what they seem.

Sorry, I could not resist....
slomo

Postby slomo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:35 pm

My partner was watching the Tony Awards the other night (while I was trying to stay out of the way). With all the weird derivative stuff they put on Broadway, I quipped "they should make Twin Peaks ... the Musical!"

He thought it wasn't a bad idea, especially since Lynch has already created a fair bit of music for the show.
slomo

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:58 pm

cptmarginal » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:06 pm wrote:
I found a torrent of this by searching for "fwwm" on The Pirate Bay :)

You, sir, just made my week. Seeding.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby RocketMan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:36 pm

It's been a wondrous, bumpy ride, but...

:phew:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:42 pm

PETER DEMING?

AKA The Genius Behind Both "Mulholland Drive" and "Cabin in the Woods," tho? That Peter Deming?

Keeps getting better, I love it.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby RocketMan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:42 pm wrote:PETER DEMING?

AKA The Genius Behind Both "Mulholland Drive" and "Cabin in the Woods," tho? That Peter Deming?

Keeps getting better, I love it.

Yup... My sentiments almost exactamento.
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion