Bernie Sanders running for preznit?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Bernie Sanders running for preznit?

Postby Nordic » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:31 pm

But if the game is rigged, and it is, why bother?

If you saw someone at a slot machine, and you knew the slot machine was rigged to never pay out, and you watched someone continually putting money in the slot machine, determined to "beat" the slot machine by fighting it forever, wouldn't you think that person was a complete fucking idiot?

It's the same damn thing.

If you want to fight, great, but if you think you can do it through elections you're that fool at the slot machine.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:43 pm

It's funny that I have such disdain for the politically unconscious who don't vote but the utmost respect for my fellow anarchists who abstain.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:54 am

Way too long of a conversation to post, but covers a lot of ground that many of us probably wish we could discuss with the guy: http://www.vox.com/2015/7/28/9014491/be ... nversation
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby BrandonD » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:06 pm

Luther Blissett » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 am wrote:Way too long of a conversation to post, but covers a lot of ground that many of us probably wish we could discuss with the guy: http://www.vox.com/2015/7/28/9014491/be ... nversation

Thanks for that link, very informative interview on his position.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:01 am

If you don't vote, you can at least complain.
stickdog99

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Bernie Sanders closes in on Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire

By David K. Li

August 5, 2015 | 10:37am

Bernie Sanders has pulled within striking distance of front-runner Hillary Clinton in all-important New Hampshire, a poll of Granite State Democrats revealed on Wednesday.

The former secretary of state is edging Sanders, 42-36, in the survey conducted by the University of New Hampshire for WMUR.

Joe Biden, who has not thrown his hat into the ring, has 5 percent support.

The poll was conducted between July 22 through July 30, with a margin of error of 5.9 percent, meaning Sanders could be in a deadlock with Clinton.

The Vermont senator is benefiting from a 69 percent favorable rating among New Hampshire Democrats, compared to just a 10 percent negative, the poll showed.

While Clinton has a high 73 percent favorable rating among state Democrats, she’s hurt by 19 percent unfavorable mark.

“Clinton’s net favorability ratings have been declining throughout 2015 while Sanders’ have increased as he has become better known,” according to pollsters.

The last UNH poll of Granite State Democrats was in late June when Clinton led Sanders, 43-35 with a 5.2-percent margin of error. Other previous New Hampshire polls have shown Clinton with double-digit leads over Sanders.

IMHO, it is a certainty that Sanders will have a Dean/Muskie "breakdown" sometime this winter.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

COINTELPRO?

Postby MinM » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:15 am

Lisa Pease and Marcy Wheeler (emptywheel) were making some interesting observations last night related to Bernie Sanders' Seattle speaking event being disrupted..
@lisapease: Disrupting speaking events and meetings was one of the top 3 COINTELPRO activities, per this from the Church Comm.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1016128434#post13
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: COINTELPRO?

Postby RocketMan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:54 am

MinM » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:15 pm wrote:Lisa Pease and Marcy Wheeler (emptywheel) were making some interesting observations last night related to Bernie Sanders' Seattle speaking event being disrupted..
@lisapease: Disrupting speaking events and meetings was one of the top 3 COINTELPRO activities, per this from the Church Comm.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1016128434#post13

Yes, it's interesting that Black Lives Matter would target the only candidate who has publicly taken a stance in the matter that accords with their stated views...
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby MinM » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:59 am

More from Lisa:
@lisapease: Listing of some COINTELPRO techniques, from the Church Committee report

@lisapease: FBI efforts to prevent anti-war groups (and speakers like Bernie?) from speaking:
MinM

Postby 82_28 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:11 am

I read in comments yesterday at SLOG that the Seattle BLM chapter have never seen these two before.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby RocketMan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 am

82_28 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:11 pm wrote:I read in comments yesterday at SLOG that the Seattle BLM chapter have never seen these two before.

The plot thickens. This is what you have when a nation does not confront its past. And by confronting I mean a process like the truth and reconciliation commission or indictments. A congressional committee is clearly not enough.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby 82_28 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:54 am

I don't know whether that is true at all, btw. Just that I read it. The Seattle Times comments are coming in fast and furious and I can't keep up and nor have the time. My elderly mom just got into town and she's a huge Sanders supporter and I wanted to take her down to that rally yesterday. I'm glad I didn't.

However, this incident definitely put Sanders into a classic double bind. He could either appear weak or he could appear as a racist white man (who happens to be Jewish). Others are speculating that this could be the work of the Clinton campaign. He was trapped in a severe double-bind and handled it with the only grace he had left.

All told, he did fill the arena at UW with 3,000 in overflow that could not get in, in which he addressed after the main event.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:48 pm

From BLM seattle facebook courtesy http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/08/0 ... ot-to-STOP :

\
7 · 39 mins
Nick Schmid The gentleman from BlackLivesMatter gave a great speech early in the event and was nice enough to speak with me when the event was over. I asked if shutting down Bernie was planned, and he said "No, but it was necessary." I told him, "Don't shut down Bernie," and he replied, "Fu@@ Bernie!" What ARE they really about?? If they're not for Bernie, who are they for, and what are they planning next? Sorry Bernie.

I would have be outrageously pissed had I rearraged my schedule to be at this rally.

PS: I notice one woman had purple streaks in her hair. I suppose it enforces one of my old observations from my employment there...you can get away with anything at UW if you show team spirit for the 'pre-professional' sports loyalty system...
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:32 pm

The SeattleBLM page that Marissa Johnson and Mara Willaford steered media to was created two days before Bernie's event.

Remember: the Clinton and Bush families don't really care which one of them wins.

They really, really, really care about anyone else winning.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby alwyn » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:23 pm

the plot thickens... my friend did a "Who Is" search on the ladies website.... it is outside agitators 206. The website is owned by Merck! AFter the fit hit the shan, the registry was changed to private. I have a couple of screenshots showing the who is, but I am apparently unable to upload the images here, because: technically challenged... If anyone can clue me in on how to do this, i'd appreciate it.
question authority?
alwyn

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion