Ceres - The Dwarf Planet

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Ceres - The Dwarf Planet

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:11 pm

My bad! Yes, it did seem to find humor in mocking those suggesting civilization. I see why you didn't find it humorous.

Thanks for the links. I'll check em out.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 am

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby NaturalMystik » Wed May 27, 2015 2:44 pm

We should know more when Dawn reaches its closest observation point on June 6

<Baites breath...>
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby Nordic » Thu May 28, 2015 4:46 am

I wish they could just land something there and get to the bottom of this.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:22 am

I read somewhere that Ceres could seriously be the formation of a new gas giant -- like the nucleus or some shit. As all of the asteroids eventually collide they would form some giant planet. Granted this is billions of years off, but could be! The only thing that holds the asteroid belt in a state of limbo (from what I understand) is the crazy gravity of Jupiter. The only reason we're on Earth at all is because of Jupiter steering shit away from our humble planet of widespread liquid water. Also ancient astronauts. :partyhat

But we could actually be witnessing the formation of a large gas giant in mid stream.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby NaturalMystik » Thu May 28, 2015 1:24 pm

82_28 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:22 am wrote:But we could actually be witnessing the formation of a large gas giant in mid stream.

I think someone should throw up some construction signs and orange cones, that area could be a hazard.
NaturalMystik

Postby Lord Balto » Thu May 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:11 pm wrote:My bad! Yes, it did seem to find humor in mocking those suggesting civilization. I see why you didn't find it humorous.

Thanks for the links. I'll check em out.

One has to wonder if the flat earthers who wouldn't look through Galileo's telescope were as arrogant as these idiots.
Lord Balto

Postby brekin » Fri May 29, 2015 9:25 pm

First contact from Ceres:

"Ze space craft Boss! Ze space craft!
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby NaturalMystik » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:30 pm

A little bigger, a little sharper and lots more bright spots... Not much more than before though...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/1 ... 62312.html
NaturalMystik

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:51 pm

They don't even seem to be craters anymore but outgrowths from the little world itself. Strange.

Pluto is coming up in a few weeks as well!
82_28

Postby Lord Balto » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:06 pm

NaturalMystik » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:30 pm wrote:A little bigger, a little sharper and lots more bright spots... Not much more than before though...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/1 ... 62312.html

Looks vaguely volcanic, almost as if the entire area was boiling at some point. I notice several raised areas with smaller raised areas at their centers. Is there some theoretical reason why small objects like Ceres can't have active volcanic activity? I suspect Charles Fort would use the metaphor of some kind of disease infecting the planetoid.
Lord Balto

Postby Elvis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Lord Balto wrote: I notice several raised areas with smaller raised areas at their centers. Is there some theoretical reason why small objects like Ceres can't have active volcanic activity?

Those central raised areas are more characteristic of impact craters... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_crater
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby NaturalMystik » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:23 pm

I suspect Charles Fort would use the metaphor of some kind of disease infecting the planetoid.

The first thing I thought of was a blistering infection, then I thought 'Man'...
NaturalMystik

Postby Lord Balto » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:30 pm

NaturalMystik » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:23 pm wrote:
I suspect Charles Fort would use the metaphor of some kind of disease infecting the planetoid.

The first thing I thought of was a blistering infection, then I thought 'Man'...

Interesting you are using an amanita mushroom for your avatar. The surface kind of looks like an amanita mushroom cap.

Actually, I'll tell you exactly what the image looks like. It looks like a painted iron surface where the underlying metal has begun to rust. Coincidence? Or is this actually a manufactured sphere?
Last edited by Lord Balto on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Balto

Postby Lord Balto » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:32 pm

Elvis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:31 pm wrote:
Lord Balto wrote: I notice several raised areas with smaller raised areas at their centers. Is there some theoretical reason why small objects like Ceres can't have active volcanic activity?

Those central raised areas are more characteristic of impact craters... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_crater

When did impact craters start leaving mounds rather than raised walls as on Mars and the moon?
Lord Balto

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion