Decoding the "Middle East"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Decoding the "Middle East"

Postby NeonLX » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Thank you so very much, Alice. This is a brilliant summary. I'd like to be able to share it with others, but only if I have your permission.

On edit: My favorite quote among many favorites in your article:

What we’re witnessing right now in the Arab countries is not multiple wars between hundreds of “sides”, as they’re being portrayed by most media and analysts, but one war between two sides. On one side is the neocons’ Zionist plan for the Middle East and on the other is the Arab nation. One side is fighting to divide; the other is fighting to unite.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AlicetheKurious » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Thank you, NeonLX. Of course you are welcome to share it with anyone. I think it's very deliberate, how what's happening in my part of the world is presented so consistently in a way designed to confuse and intimidate people, and basically to discourage them from even thinking about it.
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby AlicetheKurious » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:07 pm

At least someone in Europe seems to get it, even if his audience is infinitely smaller than those who consume a steady diet of media lies:

("Daesh" is the nonsensical Arab acronym for the English "ISIS")

Although he does need to acknowledge that Bandar Bush has been decommissioned, and that Saudi Arabia is in the process of awakening from its trance, despite the ongoing efforts of the US to keep it under.
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby Nordic » Fri May 15, 2015 2:22 am

Bumping. Is that cool? I can't remember the rules on that.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby zangtang » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:51 pm

i hope so....i've just found it using the search function - i need to print this off and re-read it...prolly several times.
zangtang

Previous

Return to General Discussion