Dave McGowan, dying...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Dave McGowan, dying...

Postby divideandconquer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:54 am

After listening to a recent interview, before he was diagnosed with cancer, he was talking about how he's always questioned about his safety and in response, he said he's lived a fairly normal life with no attempts on his life. He admitted that sometimes he questions whether he's unwittingly working for them. He's not sure, that with all of this "secret" information surfacing, that he wonders if he's being fed, rather than discovering. Although, he did say that his material has never been mentioned by the mainstream ...not once.

I found that interesting.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hunter » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:57 pm

He said on his website last month that someone wrote him a comment that "he better be careful with all the feathers he is ruffling that he doesnt end up with a case of inoperable cancer." He said TWO WEEKS later he was diagnosed completely out of the blue, he admitted to not a great diet or health decisions but that he had never been sick in his life and rarely seen a dr for any reason. He also said he wont go easy and if they tell him they cant help him he will do everything in his power to prove them wrong.
Hunter

Postby Hunter » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Just nine weeks ago, on April 14, I presented a lengthy video deconstruction of the 2013 Boston Marathon incident through the Caravan to Midnight radio show/podcast. About a week later (on April 20, of all days), the nearly four-hour video presentation was uploaded to YouTube. Not long after that, someone using the username Phoenix Archangel posted an interesting comment: "John [Wells, the host of the show] always signs off with some of the best advice ever. Speaking of advice: this David McGowan fella really ought to quit smoking. With all the elitist feathers he's ruffling, he's likely to come down with a spontaneous case of hitherto undiagnosed stage 4 inoperable Pancreatic cancer."

If you haven't watched the video yet, by the way, you really need to do so. And have all your friends and family members watch it as well. It’s a little on the long side and could use some serious editing, but it does succeed in completely laying waste to the official story of what happened in Boston on April 15, 2013. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzgON_5sg4Q)

As for Mr./Ms Archangel, he/she wasn’t too far off, though I’ve been told that it’s actually incurable small-cell lung cancer that has already spread to my liver and bones. And no, that’s unfortunately not a joke. It’s my new reality as of just a few short weeks ago, when my entire world was turned upside-down and I suddenly found myself being admitted to the oncology ward at Glendale Adventist Medical Center. Four days later, I was beginning my first round of chemotherapy infusions. The second round begins tomorrow, on Monday, June 15.

I’m still having a very hard time processing all of this. Despite not having the healthiest diet and not making the most healthy lifestyle choices, I have been remarkably healthy throughout my adult life. Until a few weeks ago, I’d never been hospitalized as an adult. Never had any surgical procedures performed. Never had a major illness or significant injury. Never broke a bone in my body. Haven’t ever been reliant on any prescription drugs of any kind. Haven’t even had a primary care physician for many, many years.

But now, literally overnight, that reality has been replaced with a painful and, if I’m being perfectly honest, terrifying new reality. Based on what my doctors have told me and what I have read, the prognosis is not good. My oncologist seems to be of the opinion that I only have a couple years left on this planet, if that. The odds of surviving for even five more years are very, very low.

But I’ve never been one for taking advice or believing what I have been told. And I can be exceedingly stubborn. So if the medical community tells me that there is virtually no chance that I can survive this, I will do everything in my power to prove them wrong. But it is going to be a long, tough fight against a formidable foe. And any support that readers can offer, whether financial or moral, will be greatly appreciated.

In closing, thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement over the years. I hope to be able to continue to expose the crimes of the elite for many years to come. Stay tuned ….
Hunter

Postby divideandconquer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:16 am

I was listening to an interview and heard that Nick Bryant, author of The Franklin Scandal, and they said he was very sick. I don't know what's wrong with him but they sounded as if Bryant's in a bad way. I think he's about the same age as McGowan...I think. Anyone know what's wrong with him?
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby Project Willow » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:14 pm

When was the interview? Nick is not sick but dealing with a chronic condition for which he had major treatment in mid summer. Last I heard from him he was well and recovering.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby divideandconquer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks, Project Willow. I'm glad to hear he's recovering.
divideandconquer

Postby OpLan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:37 pm

I'm listening to an interview with Daves brother..

Daves been told that medicine can no longer help.
A couple of months at best.
He's planning a trip to Hawaii with his daughters as a goodbye.
OpLan

Postby Grizzly » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:19 pm

After watching the Jacob Applebaum lecture, I, like others, can't help but wonder if the powers that be, haven't weaponized cancer and it's in a tool box of many other tools to deal with dissidents or any truth seekers, really.. I was thinking last night that maybe McGowan, Carl Sagan, and many others are possible victims. Just random thoughts. Guess we'll never know.

Thanks for keeping this thread going with info...

Rage, rage against the dying of the light. DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Hunter » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:54 pm

OpLan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:37 pm wrote:I'm listening to an interview with Daves brother..

FUCK MAN. This just breaks my heart, I fucking HATE cancer, lost my dad to it recently. Dave deserves better god dammit.
Hunter

Postby zangtang » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:51 pm

I hope the website gets secured. Couldnt work out how to say that without sounding like a vulture, but thats what i mean......
zangtang

Postby Hunter » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:34 pm

zangtang » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:51 pm wrote:I hope the website gets secured. Couldnt work out how to say that without sounding like a vulture, but thats what i mean......

I am sure he has it set up to remain in tact. Dave doesnt seem like someone to leave that to chance, it is his lifes work and his contribution to the world and a MIGHTY FINE ONE I might add.
Hunter

Postby CarlosMarxist » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:08 pm

It is sad to hear that he is dying. I must say that I think that Dave has a checkered record. I like the work he did on Laurel Canyon and 9-11. His work on the moon landings is just pure bullshit. It really takes away from his credibility imo.
CarlosMarxist

Postby divideandconquer » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:12 am

Hunter » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:54 pm wrote:
OpLan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:37 pm wrote:I'm listening to an interview with Daves brother..

FUCK MAN. This just breaks my heart, I fucking HATE cancer, lost my dad to it recently. Dave deserves better god dammit.

I just listened to that interview...very sad!

Dave certainly isn't in this for the money. According to his brother, Craig McGowan, he made very little from his books: from his first book, a total of $200 and from his most successful book, Laurel Canyon, a total of $7,500 (he received 85 cents a copy). I think he's also in construction, because he's certainly not relying on his income from the books he wrote. Craig said he lost his house. He also said Dave doesn't even care if people copy his work without credit. The only thing that upsets him is when they twist his work. Unless I'm missing something, if Dave isn't the real deal, I don't know who is.

Supposedly, Dave's had a somewhat tragic life but Craig didn't go into it. The only thing he mentioned was something about his oldest daughter being taken away from him until she was 18. She's the one who will inherit all the rights to his work. Craig said he would like to pick up the torch, but after he talks to this daughter because he's not sure what she wants to do. It's interesting to note that Dave's oldest brother, Mike McGowan, just started to open his eyes after listening to the series on the Boston bombing. He keeps trying to bring it to the attention of the mainstream media and wonders why he's not getting any response. :ohwh

"The Man of the Way wins no fame.
The highest virtue wins no gain.
The Great Man has no self".

Chuang Tzu 17
divideandconquer

Postby Jerky » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:29 pm

He isn't getting any response, sadly, because he's barking up a ridiculous and clearly bogus tree.

I enjoy Dave's writing, and believe he's sincere... but I also believe he's sincerely WRONG about Boston, the Moon Landing, the role of the US military in the launching of the careers of the Mothers of Invention (among others), etc.

One can be sincere, a good guy, and also dead wrong.

J
Jerky

Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:48 am

Seems like good place for this obituary. Bolded by me regards to McGowan's Laurel Canyon narrative.

BTW Frank Zappa and PKD stand alone as my personal cultural icons.

Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70

As longtime head of Zappa Family Trust, wife was responsible for issuing close to 40 albums of previously unreleased music by Frank since his 1993 death

By Kory Grow October 7, 2015

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z3nx5BkRCT
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Gail Zappa, wife of Frank Zappa and executrix of the Zappa Family Trust, has died. She was 70. A cause of death has not been revealed, though TMZ reported she had had a long battle with lung cancer. Zappa, "departed this earth peacefully at her home ... surrounded by her children," according to a statement from the Zappa Family Trust.

"Gail will forever be identified as a key figure in the creative renaissance that is Laurel Canyon," the statement says. "But more than any singular accomplishment, she defined herself in her personal relationships, happiest when surrounded by loved ones and artists, often one in the same. The memories she leaves behind are indeed her own art form. Her searing intelligence, unforgettable smile, wild thicket of hair and trailing black velvets leave a blur in her wake."

Related: Frank Zappa Doc: Alex Winter Talks to Gail and Ahmet Zappa

After her prolific husband died of prostate cancer in 1993, Gail kept Frank's recordings in the public, putting out dozens of posthumous albums and judiciously licensing his image where appropriate. Earlier this year, the Zappa family announced that the couple's son Ahmet would be in charge of the Trust.

Gail, whose full maiden name was Adelaide Gail Sloatman, was born on January 1st, 1945, the daughter of a nuclear weapons research physicist with the U.S. Navy, according to Zappa biographer Barry Miles. She lived with her family in London as a teenager and got a job as a secretary for the Office of Naval Research and Development rather than attend college. She met Doors frontman Jim Morrison in kindergarten, since they both had high-ranking naval officials for fathers (Frank once told a story that she hit Morrison over the head with a hammer). She eventually moved to New York, where she attended the Fashion Institute of Technology in the mid-Sixties and immersed herself in the music scene before hitchhiking to Los Angeles with a friend.

In Los Angeles, Gail met and befriended future Runaways manager Kim Fowley, and recorded an album with him billed to Bunny and Bear; Miles noted that she was "Bear." She met her husband-to-be when she was the secretary at the Sunset Strip mainstay the Whisky a Go Go. In his autobiography, The Real Frank Zappa Book, the artist called her a "fascinating little vixen," with whom "it took a couple of minutes, but I fell (don't laugh) in love."

They started living together and married in a "severely ridiculous civil ceremony" in 1967. Frank recounted the ceremony comically in the book, stating that Gail was nine months pregnant at the time, and that he didn't have a wedding ring and that she still didn't have a wedding ring at the time he wrote the book, which came out in 1989.

The couple had four children – Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet and Diva – over the course of their marriage, which lasted until Frank's death. The composer recalled affectionately in his book that it was her idea to name their son Dweezil, after a "funny-looking little toe" she had. "I thought then, and continue to think today, that Dweezil is a nice name," Frank wrote. "Fuck the nurse if she didn't like it."

After setting up the Zappa Family Trust, Gail issued 38 albums between 1994 and 2015 of previously unreleased music that Frank had recorded. This year's Dance Me This was billed as Frank's final album and is significant for being his 100th record.

Gail spoke with Rolling Stone in August about a documentary that filmmaker Alex Winter is making about Frank's life. "My obligation was to get the work out there the way Frank built it in the first place," she said of her role after his death.

She also shared what she hoped the documentary, due sometime in 2017, would explain. "If I was gonna have to do this myself, I would want the question answered: 'Why the fuck would anyone want to be a composer?'" she said. "I know the answer to that, because I lived it. I just want it revealed."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z3nx52PrES
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
PufPuf93

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion