"The Crowley 'Joke' & My Allergic Reaction to Occultism"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: "The Crowley 'Joke' & My Allergic Reaction to Occultism"

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:25 pm

I thought Levenda was very patient with Guruilla in their email exchange.

I have never read nor listened to any of Levenda's work.

I did recently note that Levenda had spoke on early shows of Red Ice Radio,
PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby guruilla » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:09 pm

It wasn't patience; it was handling.
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby slomo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:17 pm

I have to agree that there is a practiced "patience" that all managers are trained to invoke. It's all part of the manipulation.
slomo

Postby OP ED » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:20 pm

I agree with most of that, although I probably find the topic even sillier than PL does.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby brekin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:02 pm

slomo wrote:I have to agree that there is a practiced "patience" that all managers are trained to invoke. It's all part of the manipulation.
guruilla » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:09 pm wrote:It wasn't patience; it was handling.
l

Huh? What exactly is meant by the label "handling" or "manager"? What do those terms suppose to imply?
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby slomo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:24 pm

I don't mean anything other than there is a set of techniques one uses when one wants to manipulate (or contain) somebody else in some interpersonal interaction. Total managerial BS, nothing esoteric about it. Most effective in hierarchical situations. Absolutely essential when dealing with, e.g., pushy students.
slomo

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:30 pm

brekin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:02 pm wrote:
slomo wrote:I have to agree that there is a practiced "patience" that all managers are trained to invoke. It's all part of the manipulation.
guruilla » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:09 pm wrote:It wasn't patience; it was handling.
l

Huh? What exactly is meant by the label "handling" or "manager"? What do those terms suppose to imply?

I am guessing slomo literally means "manager" as most working people would see the term.
With guruilla I will guess "handling" is a choice of words meant to cast aspersions on Levenda.
Patience as a "manipulatory" tool is typically a good thing.
* And I see slomo has addressed it.
Burnt Hill

Postby brekin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:38 pm

OK, thanks. Yes, I can see the customer service manager angle with whiny customer bit.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

In Levenda's own words

Postby guruilla » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:29 pm

In Levenda's own words:

I worked with one of the CIA agents who was part of E. Howard Hunt’s front operation, the Mullen Corporation. I worked for Bendix when they were training troops in Saudi Arabia, and later for a major Israeli bank sending coded traffic to Tel Aviv via telex. During the period 1968-1980 I met with members of the PLO, the IRA, the Weathermen, the Panthers, NORAID, the National Renaissance Party, the Klan, etc. I met such notables in the New Age scene as Raymond and Rosemary Buckland, Herman Slater, Ed Buczynski, and Leo Martello.

I was fortunate to have known Norman Mailer and his wife, Norris Church and many other authors, musicians, and artists over the years.

The list of my connections, friendships, and involvements is long and sometimes bizarre, I admit. The Necronomicon affair is emblematic of this strange journey. And journey it has been: I have lived and worked overseas, traveled to more than forty countries, learned some languages, did some business. Not bad for a kid who just managed to graduate high school in the Bronx in 1968 by the skin of his teeth without a dime to his name or any prospects at all. My bio may be more a credit to dumb luck and serendipitous chance than to any Machiavellian master plan, but there you are. The Necronomicon is of a piece with everything else in my life as I walk into the dark tunnels of the American spiritual experience armed with nothing more than a flickering flashlight, a pencil stub, and a sardonic sense of humor.

As Tommy Lee Jones — playing Clay Shaw — in Oliver Stone’s film JFK said: “Like all businessmen, I am accused of all things.

For me, being Simon is just one of them!
http://peterlevenda.com/?page_id=35

In someone else's less sympathetic words:

In THE DARK HISTORY OF PETER LEVENDA Levenda mentions that he did some ‘intelligence’ work for ‘US INTELLIGENCE’ through the American Orthodox Catholic Church with links to the FBI and CIA (in fact on the board of the church) who were using the Fake Churches as Fronts basically.

But Simon/Levenda always steers his story away from the CIA, instead it’s the FBI or simply a murky US INTELLIGENCE.

Indeed Simon/Levenda says that the ‘Intelligence’ agencies he spied for guaranteed that he would not be drafted into the Vietnam war. That was the moment, at least, when he became an assett.

Later Simon/Levenda fled the US to Asia when the FBI started to move in and investigate him. In Asia, according to Levenda’s given official biography when he came back into the spot light decades later, he had been the CEO of a company called ORTRONICS, a communications technology company. You know, the sort of CIA front company used for spying, dirty tricks etc.
https://digitalseance.wordpress.com/201 ... -and-lies/

Still can't find the recent Facebook dispatch he made about a month ago where he lined up his non-affiliations, occult orders, intelligence agencies, all the things he never belonged to, as a response to the rumors circulating since the Podesta pic came out....

Either I misremembered & it wasn't FB (in which case I cant imagine where I saw it), it was FB but at someone else's page, or else he deleted it.

Regarding the AFIO admission, may not mean anything, & at the very least there's an easy "get-out" clause if anyone asks him about it:

Membership in AFIO is open to all U.S. citizens who adhere to AFIO's principles, subscribe to AFIO's educational objectives, and wish to support - or participate in - AFIO activities and programs. There are two categories of membership: Members and Associate Members. Both Members and Associate Members may be officers or directors of the Association.

Members - Current and Former U.S. intelligence, counterintelligence, military, law enforcement and related (e.g. security) personnel (any rank or level), may become Members.

Associate Members - U.S. citizens in private, civil, academic or corporate pursuits, as well as, Americans currently in non-intelligence government employment (at any level) or other military service, may become Associate Members.
https://www.afio.com/10_requirements.htm

PL calls himself a member not ass. member:

"In 2007 I obtained a master’s degree in Religious Studies and Asian Studies, and am a member of the American Academy of Religion, the T.E. Lawrence Society, AFIO, and a charter member of the Norman Mailer Society. "
http://peterlevenda.com/?page_id=18

He takes the trouble to specify being a charter member of the NM society, so it's reasonable to suppose he'd be as or more careful when it comes to his AFIO membership, considering the above distinction. If he's only an associate member, then at the very least he would be misrepresenting the truth via this omission, which sort of amounts to "impersonating a former intelligence agent." But this guy is nothing if not careful with words.

My guess is he's playing intelligence operatives' favorite game and getting to have his cake & eat it, drop all the hints he can in a nudge-winky way, while still having enough plausible denial for anyone who is less than impressed with his affiliations.
guruilla

Postby guruilla » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Peter Levenda to Pizzagate researchers: "Grow the f*** up."

Stephen Colbert to Pizzagate researchers (& Wikileaks): "Grow the f*** up."

(last 10 secs)

PL's explanation:

I posted my “rant” yesterday, on December 7th. That very same day, it appears that Stephen Colbert did his own rant on the very same subject: Pizzagate. He took a humorous approach, of course, rather than my more sober one, but ultimately he ended his “rant” the exact same way I did: “Grow the f*** up!”
That was a little freaky, I must admit.
For those who missed it (as I did, until today) you can watch the entire ten minute segment here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfXWXNItF_Y
So: same theme, same day, same sign-off.
So, what does all this mean?
guruilla

Postby guruilla » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Peter Levenda wrote:So, what does all this mean?

I think it means that Peter Levenda really, really wants us to believe in coincidence.
guruilla

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Another example of similar 'message handling'; note the author and associated references/comparison, as well as citing the same Flynn TWEET mentioned by Colbert.

They're really driving that "fake news" meme, huh? Clearly the memo was sent out to deploy this phrase as yet another 'white noise' instrument, and the media lapdogs have dutifully complied in chorus:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/10/opini ... .html?_r=0

There Are No Child Sex Slaves at My Local Pizza Parlor

By ALEXANDRA ZAPRUDER
DEC. 10, 2016

WASHINGTON — On any given day, locals flock to Comet Ping Pong, a pizza joint here not far from where I live, to eat, talk and, of course, play Ping-Pong. But last Sunday, a man armed with a military-style assault rifle and a pistol turned up for an entirely different reason: to see for himself whether the restaurant was indeed, as right-wing fake news reports and conspiracy websites have declared, the hub of a vile child sex-slavery ring masterminded by Hillary Clinton.

The absurdity of this story would be laughable if it hadn’t led a man to bring a rifle to a restaurant filled with families. And if it hadn’t resulted in an army of online terrorists harassing the owner, his employees and others along that block of Connecticut Avenue, accusing them of unspeakable crimes and even issuing death threats.

I’ve seen my share of conspiracy theories. My grandfather, who accidentally took a home movie of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination — now known as the Zapruder film — was implicated in some of the most delusional stories about that event: He had colluded with the C.I.A. to allow his film to be altered just days after the assassination; he had secret ties to Lee Harvey Oswald through a co-worker who later married Oswald’s close friend; and, wait for it, he was the one who pulled the trigger through an elaborate gun-as-camera mechanism at the bidding of the Jewish Mafia.

The government’s failure, in the historian Art Simon’s words, to come up with “a coherent and believable account of the assassination” left many gaps to be filled. While early assassination researchers performed a valuable function by making important information public, later conspiracy theorists relied on association and innuendo and cherry-picked details to build increasingly wild narratives.

If one outcome of Kennedy’s assassination was a loss of trust in government and the news media, we have now entered an era in which such suspicions have mushroomed into something far more dangerous — a rupture in the very idea of shared truth.

The crisis at Comet was averted when the gunman surrendered to the police before anyone was hurt. But the deeper problem remains. We are no longer talking about a relatively small group of Kennedy conspiracy theorists trading notes and publishing articles. We are talking about millions who are reading Reddit and 4chan, imbibing fabricated stories attributed to fictitious publications like The Denver Guardian and getting whipped into a fury of self-righteous anger that — given the easy access to guns in our society — may well result in violence.

Is there any way to reverse this trend? The mainstream news media can’t do a thing. If I learned one thing from trying to understand the Kennedy conspiracy theorists, it’s that it is impossible to dispel the amorphous cloud of suspicion. If you try, you are either a dupe or part of the cover-up — the cloud simply grows to include you. Nor, needless to say, is anyone from the Democratic Party going to be able to reason with those who are convinced that Mrs. Clinton is organizing a child sex-slave network through a pizza restaurant in Northwest Washington.

The president-elect, on the other hand, could make a difference. But Donald J. Trump and his team have legitimized rather than repudiated this kind of speculation. He embraced the so-called birther movement, claimed that he saw Muslims celebrating after the Sept. 11 attacks and tweeted that millions voted “illegally” for Mrs. Clinton. Just before the election, his pick for national security adviser, Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, fanned the flames of the so-called Pizzagate conspiracy by tweeting about Mrs. Clinton and sex crimes and providing a link to a fake-news article.

U decide - NYPD Blows Whistle on New Hillary Emails: Money Laundering, Sex Crimes w Children, etc...MUST READ! https://t.co/O0bVJT3QDr

— General Flynn (@GenFlynn) Nov. 3, 2016

If Mr. Trump does nothing, could our new neighbor, Mike Pence, speak up? How about the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell; the speaker of the House, Paul Ryan; or Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee and future chief of staff to the president? Surely they see that assaults on truth are harmful to all of us, regardless of our political orientation. Why haven’t they and other responsible conservatives condemned these lies on the grounds that no one is safe in a world in which facts no longer have merit?

They should. And they should do it at Comet Ping Pong. They should stand in front of the restaurant and say that no matter how vehemently you disagree with Mrs. Clinton’s politics, there is no justification for accusing her of child trafficking. They should condemn “fake news” — which is a weak term for deep hatred that takes the form of a story — and encourage their supporters to do the same.

Is there any world in which this could happen? It depends on whether Republicans think vilifying Mrs. Clinton serves their interests. It depends on whether they accept that there is such a thing as truth and that we are morally obligated to defend it. This may be a political problem for our Republican friends, but it shouldn’t be a moral one.

They should stand up for the truth. Then stay for the pizza. And let’s put this madness behind us.

Belligerent Savant

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:00 pm

I think it means that Peter Levenda really, really wants us to believe in coincidence.

Sometimes a coincidence is nothing more than a coincidence.
Iamwhomiam

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:04 pm

guruilla » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:11 pm wrote:
Peter Levenda wrote:So, what does all this mean?

You are a master of weaving together after the fact data points to support confirmation bias.

Note I do not deny that PizzaGate has likely revealed the outline of a pod of organized pedophilia at high places that the controlling elite want to obscure and hence an arena of "fake:" news. The over reach for data points creates a rich tapestry of narrative that unfortunately detracts from the core issue (that there is organized pedophilia among the elite in Washington DC) by creating a cloud of pizza, art, ping pong, Satan, Hillary Clinton cannibalism, maybe some Russian influence, and so on for diversion catapulted as "fake" news. Maybe the "rich tapestry" expands into silliness that distracts from a common want to remove such evil?

I do think the Epstein and Silsby items warrant investigation by authority with a focus on "safe" space for victims and other direct witnesses. I am not satisfied at all about Epstein and Silsby.

With Colbert, the PizzaGate "fake news" has evolved to common comedy. Has Samantha Bee or SNL yet done treatments? (Note I do not watch TV so not much in cultural loop -- only watch sometimes after the fact internet clips and some movies and old TV on Amazon Prime.)

Is the timing of Levenda and Colbert such that Colbert (and his production crew) has used Levenda as a source of material or is the phrase pure conincidence or unexplainable synchronicity?
PufPuf93

Postby norton ash » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:34 pm

It could just be that "grow the fuck up" is becoming the most natural response to the promulgators of pizzagate.
Zen horse
norton ash

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion