Hey there! Long time.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hey there! Long time.

Postby Novem5er » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Yeah . . . so first day back on the job ended with me panicking, reevaluating my life, typing out a resignation letter, and sending it to the boss. I'm very disappointed in myself, but relieved to get the inevitable career crash out of the way. The murder trial to get justice for my mother-in-law starts in about a month; I guess I just wasn't ready to worry about other people's shit yet.

Ah, well.
Novem5er

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Aw man, bro. Times sound definitely tough. There's something in the air out there. I am dealing with multiple angles of tumult myself. Something is weird or shall we say Stranger Things? :partyhat

Never be afraid to hit me up as always in PM. I'll give you my fake FB name there as well. In the meantime, hang in there. You are a noticeably genuine and kind soul.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Nordic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Novem5er » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:58 pm wrote:Yeah . . . so first day back on the job ended with me panicking, reevaluating my life, typing out a resignation letter, and sending it to the boss. I'm very disappointed in myself, but relieved to get the inevitable career crash out of the way. The murder trial to get justice for my mother-in-law starts in about a month; I guess I just wasn't ready to worry about other people's shit yet.

Ah, well.

Aw, man. Go easy on yourself. What you went through and are still going through .... I don't even know what to say. Just be as compassionate with yourself as you can be.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Yikes Novem5er.

Be good to yourself.

You made the correct choice. :hug1:
PufPuf93

Postby slimmouse » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:21 pm

Thanks for the heads up November. May the force be with you.

7 billion souls each living their own extremely personal physical existence. Each with their own share of joy and suffering.

The good news is that It's all just a ride albeit a pretty serious one

posted in the hope that it doesn't sound too disparaging.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Novem5er » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:56 pm

82_28 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:05 pm wrote:Aw man, bro. Times sound definitely tough. There's something in the air out there. I am dealing with multiple angles of tumult myself. Something is weird or shall we say Stranger Things? :partyhat

Never be afraid to hit me up as always in PM. I'll give you my fake FB name there as well. In the meantime, hang in there. You are a noticeably genuine and kind soul.

Nordic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:08 pm wrote:
Aw, man. Go easy on yourself. What you went through and are still going through .... I don't even know what to say. Just be as compassionate with yourself as you can be.

PufPuf93 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:13 pm wrote:Yikes Novem5er.

Be good to yourself.

You made the correct choice. :hug1:

slimmouse » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:21 pm wrote:Thanks for the heads up November. May the force be with you.

7 billion souls each living their own extremely personal physical existence. Each with their own share of joy and suffering.

The good news is that It's all just a ride albeit a pretty serious one

posted in the hope that it doesn't sound too disparaging.

Wow, thanks you guys. I wasn't expecting your outpouring of kindness, and I really appreciate it. It was a tough choice, but I'm glad its over with. I'm not sure if I'll ever know it was the right choice, but it felt right at the moment. I'll miss the money (my wife makes enough to get by, but not get ahead), but I can't deal with the stress of the place and the demands on my attention and emotions. I'm a school teacher, by the way, or at least I was . . . and I just can't deal with it now.

And it didn't help that my new boss brought up my entire situation to the entire 75 staff members at our introductory breakfast. He was trying to be nice and build a positive support system for me, but I didn't want to be the center of uncomfortable attention within 10 minutes of walking in. Ah, well, again.
Novem5er

Postby OP ED » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:18 pm

That's actually rather rude of him. Especially without asking permission first or at least warning you well in advance. Doesnt sound like someone I would work with for very long.
OP ED

Postby Novem5er » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:12 am

OP ED » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:18 pm wrote:That's actually rather rude of him. Especially without asking permission first or at least warning you well in advance. Doesnt sound like someone I would work with for very long.

Yeah, it was weird. It didn't bother me at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think it might have contributed to my decision. When I went in to tell him I was leaving, we talked for about 30 minutes and he tried to counsel me. He was very nice and had been very supportive, he went through a similar tragedy a few years back, but thing that he kept doing is turning it back around and talking about himself; like how he'd overcome some things, how strong he was, how in control of his life he was, and that he believed God had brought us together so that he could help me (due to his similar experience years ago). He seemed nice, but it made it clear that I was a "project" for him to help and fix. I don't need that.

When I was leaving he let me know I could reach out to him in the future if I ever needed any support. I thanked him and made the point that if I ever do, that'd it be better if it was just that; and not tied to a person who was my boss and who's opinion of me directly controlled my livelihood. His eyes kind of opened then and he paused and admitted I had a point. I think he's a nice guy who's heart in the right place, but I just need a chill job that doesn't demand so much of me emotionally, and in an environment where I'm not constantly reminded of everything.

I just had a new coworker (hah, ex-coworker) call me and offer support. That was nice of him.

BTW - I'm a school teacher (was); its a job the demands the very best of a person; the kids and parents deserve no less.
Novem5er

Postby Laodicean » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby IanEye » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:04 pm

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=444355#p444355

even before my father's father
they called us all rebels
they burned down our cornfields
left our cities leveled

IanEye » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:14 pm wrote:publius,

"Half of the people can be part right all of the time
Some of the people can be all right part of the time
But all of the people can’t be all right all of the time"
I think Abraham Lincoln said that.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours”
Eye said that.

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/blog/IanEye/goin%CA%B9_to_croatan_with_vanlose_the_kid_b-163.html

IanEye wrote:

In the end, the plague touched us all. It was not confined to the Oran of Camus. No.
It turned up again in America, breeding in-a-compost of greed and uselessness and murder,
in those places where statesmen and generals stash the bodies of the forever young.

The plague ran in the blood of men in sharkskin suits, who ran for President promising life and delivering death.
The infected young men machine-gunned babies in ditches; they marshalled metal death through the mighty clouds, up above God's green earth,
released it in silent streams, and moved on, while the hospitals exploded and Greenfield was churned to mud.

there are worse ways of getting there
and I ain’t complainin’ none

if the clouds don’t drop and the train don’t stop
i’m bound to meet the sun

just then a bolt of lightning
struck the courthouse out of shape

and while ev’rybody knelt to pray
the drifter did escape

the curtains part, and there they see to their horror, attached to the backdrop, the emblem of everything they are coming to hate,
the emblem of napalm and Coca-Cola and white racism and colonialism and imagination’s death.

It is a huge fifty-star American flag.

And Bob Dylan, the emblem of American rebellion and imagination's rebirth, has hoisted it aloft.

"eye don't believe you"

even before my father's father
they called us all rebels
they burned down our cornfields - left our cities leveled

i still feel the eyes of those blue bellied devils
when i'm walkin' round at night
through the concrete and metal

the blacks and the whites

steal the other kids’ lives
wealth is a filthy rag
so erotic - so unpatriotic
so wrapped up in the American flag

The Yellow Badge of Courage

That is no small thing. We live in the smoky landscape now, as the exhausted troops seek the roads home.
The signposts have been smashed; the maps are blurred.

There is no politician anywhere who can move anyone to hope; the plague recedes, but it is not dead,
and the statesmen are as irrelevant as the tarnished statues in the public parks.
We live with a callous on the heart. Only the artists can remove it.

Only the artists can help the poor land again to feel.

and the caravan is painted red and white

that means ev'rybody's staying overnight
and the barefoot gypsy boy

'round the campfire - sing an' play
and the woman tells us of her ways

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Laodicean » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby 8bitagent » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:45 am

In the history of RI as blog and forum, you can just sense this year deserves the most holy shit epic Jeff blog post of RI history, even if Jeff never does another RI blog again(last one I recall was 2012 I think?)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby tazmic » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:56 am

Good book:

Semiotext (E) (1 Jan. 1995)
Gone to Croatan: Origins of North American Dropout Culture. Cultural Studies. America was founded as a land of drop-outs, and almost immediately it began to produce its own crop of dissidents - visionaries, utopians, Maroons (escaped slaves), white and black Indians, sailors and buccaneers, tax rebels, angry women, crank reformers, tri-racial isolate communities - all on the lam from Babylon, from control.
"It ever was, and is, and shall be, ever-living fire, in measures being kindled and in measures going out." - Heraclitus

"There aren't enough small numbers to meet the many demands made of them." - Strong Law of Small Numbers
tazmic

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:45 pm

long time :)

there was a sighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgspFINek3k
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Grizzly » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:52 pm

He has left us, alone ....

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly