Leonard Cohen, Operative? (Ann Diamond material)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Leonard Cohen, Operative? (Ann Diamond material)

Postby tapitsbo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:13 pm

I had a hypnogogic vision of fairies the other day (not even a joke)
tapitsbo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby lunarmoth » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:28 am

This has long been my favourite Cohen song:

"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby Cordelia » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:37 am

^^^
Great song and a reminder that in the 1960's & 70's Canada exported some musical greats........

......speaking of which, Cohen and the late great Kate McGarrigle share a granddaughter via Cohen's daughter Lorca and McGarrigle's flamboyantly gay son Rufus. Somewhere I still have the McGarrigle Sister's (Kate & Anna) first LP. When they started.......

"Kate traveled a small circuit of coffee houses before returning to Montreal to complete a chemical engineering degree at McGill University."

"In January, 2010, Kate McGarrigle, Canadian musician extraordinaire and composer, cook, thinker, and mother of singer/songwriters Rufus and Martha Wainwright died of a rare type clear-cell sarcoma, so rare they call it an orphan cancer." \<]

http://www.kitchensisters.org/girlstori ... cgarrigle/

Their songs were most popular in U.S. when covered by others. Here's a gem, 'Goin' Back to Harlan' (I like this version because it's how I'd like to experience music--informally in someone's living room. Kate and Anna flank Emmylou Harris)

Cordelia

Postby lunarmoth » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:32 pm

@ Cordelia: Yes, always loved the McGarrigles. Never heard "Going back to Harlan" till now. Thanks for posting.

One of my sources says the Cohen-McGarrigle grandchild was the result of an arrangement by the future grandparents-- I don't think I'm going there although I've sometimes wondered how it happened.

@ Semper Occultus: re Baez and her alters, I just came across this meaty interview with Alex Constantine: http://www.secondsmagazine.com/articles ... antine.php
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby lunarmoth » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:47 pm

More of the French Connection. I think there's an untold story here.

http://cohencentric.com/2015/09/26/the- ... gina-1970/
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby Cordelia » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:16 pm

lunarmoth » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:32 pm wrote:@ Semper Occultus: re Baez and her alters, I just came across this meaty interview with Alex Constantine: http://www.secondsmagazine.com/articles ... antine.php

The Constatine interview is illuminating, thanks for including it. Phil Ochs 'John Train' persona & reported presence in Dallas has long interested me. Book about George de Mohrenschildt in Haiti has a blurb on Train as a CIA asset, fwiw:
https://books.google.com/books?id=d_0BB ... ia&f=false

A long time ago I read about Baez being a trauma trained multiple, but hadn't known she recorded a song (with her son) and talked about it. I've never been a fan of her music, though decades ago, I found myself, wide-eyed and tongue-tied, standing next to her at a music festival. She was watching the performance, very beautiful, standing like a statue alongside a dark exotic looking man about her height. I was disappointed he wasn't Dylan (I was a preteen beatnik wannabe allowed to roam un-chaperoned). Since Baez, Cohen & other future well known performers were very visible at the same venue the following year (I wasn't there; I've just seen photos), I wonder if her companion could have been Cohen, but that may just be wishful thinking in hindsight.

Here's a 1964 video with Baez quacking like a duck and showing off her considerable vocal skills in a duet with future convicted pedophile Peter Yarrow, who suggests at the very end that they sing a children's song :ohno: . (According to Wikipedia, Yarrow's OSS father joined the Dulles Brothers' law firm.)

The Constatine interview also states:

"You're working on a book called Operation Chaos, which concerns the subtext and subrosa events of Rock & Roll and what goes on in terms of government intelligence operations and assassinations of individuals in Rock, Blues and Jazz. Why do you believe the assassinations have come to pass?"

and brought to mind the recent Miles Mathis expose on Elvis as an intelligence project:

"That leaves B.B. King. I'm not telling you B.B. King wasn't a great guitarist, I am just telling you he was also a CIA asset. In support of that, we find that King's recent death is being called murder by his own daughters . Why would King need to be murdered at age 89? I suggest he was suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementia, and was starting to talk about classified projects, possibly including Martin Luther King. To keep him from spilling the beans, he had to be silenced. So his old associates fed him dangerous drugs. That is what his own daughters are saying."
http://mileswmathis.com/elvis.pdf

Intel plots seem to thicken with age....
Cordelia

Postby lunarmoth » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:09 am

lunarmoth » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:47 pm wrote:More of the French Connection. I think there's an untold story here.

http://cohencentric.com/2015/09/26/the- ... gina-1970/

Cohen has always been one to understand the value of 'subtext' -- in this case, it's fairly obvious at least to me that he is using an obscure traditional ballad (Arms of Regina) to send a message to his ... superiors? handlers? that he is 'back' in Her Majesty's (secret) service. The song was never performed on stage, only at sound checks and rehearsals when various friends of the band are known to drop in. The lyrics are peppered with odds and ends of metaphors and references, but the line that stands out is "Ten years ago I tried to save the President" -- which pretty much tells us this is no random choice of song.

Alan Showalter of "Cohencentric" offers these as best-guess lyrics:

And the Holston river sparkles in the moonlight
And the Holston river [door slams] rushes to the sea.
Well the British (?) mountain towers o’r the valley
Still the arms of Regina reach for me.

Ten years ago i tried to save the president (?) [hummm humm…]
[ta da da da ta da da da da run (?????)]
[ah ?? ???? ??? ???? the arms of Regina]
And on her robe I could not tell a lie [?]

I’ve worked and slaved to be a rock mount [???][spanish ship?]
And the Brushy Mountain (p)imitates your eee[??]
Now I’m a going back to see Regina
and a [?????] (we need you)
[?????] …memory

Still the Holston valley sparkles in the moonlight (sunlight)
Still the Holston river rushes to the sea
Still the Planeish(?) mountain towers o’r the valley
Still the arms of Regina reach for me.
(let’s do that once again)

Still the Holston valley sparkles in the moon light
Still the Holston river rushes through the sea
Still the Plainish mountain towers o’r the valley
Still the arms of Regina reach for me

Still the arms of Regina reach for me…

(let’s get out of here…)

More needs to be said about Charlie Daniels, who was part of the Cohen band known as the Army. If you're looking at intelligence connections, this is a place to start.
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby semper occultus » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:20 am

very interesting links - thanks !
semper occultus

Postby justdrew » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:27 am

I'll say that I do have reason to suspect that even very old gentlemen who start opening their mouths about certain events of even 45+ years ago wind up dead soon after. The naive assumption that we face no risk may be inaccurate. Possibly the old "phone phreaks" situation was the last major failure of tech-info that got widely disseminated out of control. and that's over a generation ago. I can't ignore that a once major manufacturer of 3rd party drive controllers was named "Promise" and that who the phuck knows what goes on with IP licensing nowadays, many major makers have been found to have backdoors built in, and who, I ask you - who... really doubts any piece of cisco gear can't be taken over remotely at any time by someone with the right crypto keys? resistance as we knew it is over. go home folks, nothing but trouble any more.

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby vanlose kid » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:41 am

justdrew » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:27 am wrote:I'll say that I do have reason to suspect that even very old gentlemen who start opening their mouths about certain events of even 45+ years ago wind up dead soon after. The naive assumption that we face no risk may be inaccurate. Possibly the old "phone phreaks" situation was the last major failure of tech-info that got widely disseminated out of control. and that's over a generation ago. I can't ignore that a once major manufacturer of 3rd party drive controllers was named "Promise" and that who the phuck knows what goes on with IP licensing nowadays, many major makers have been found to have backdoors built in, and who, I ask you - who... really doubts any piece of cisco gear can't be taken over remotely at any time by someone with the right crypto keys? resistance as we knew it is over. go home folks, nothing but trouble any more.

Now that you mention it.

It ain't even secret.

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Postby lunarmoth » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:30 pm

Apart from trying to extract specific confessions or life-threatening information from "very old gentlemen" - there's a certain value to having hindsight or even just insight into how all this works. Or worked, because it was long ago. But it's still meaningful, maybe, to understand who the players were, and are -- e.g, the Royal Family and British intelligence, and how they might have used music to program youth, or favored certain pop stars while disposing of others, to send a message to a generation. For those of us that remember how traumatic it was to see one rock icon after another "overdose" and die -- and how "everything changed" as a result.

All I'm exposing, really, is a symbolic interface in songs that could link the world of music with the world of intelligence.

NSA is definitely listening into our conversations and emails, but can NSA police subtext?
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:45 pm

lunarmoth » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:30 am wrote:Apart from trying to extract specific confessions or life-threatening information from "very old gentlemen" - there's a certain value to having hindsight or even just insight into how all this works. Or worked, because it was long ago. But it's still meaningful, maybe, to understand who the players were, and are -- e.g, the Royal Family and British intelligence, and how they might have used music to program youth, or favored certain pop stars while disposing of others, to send a message to a generation. For those of us that remember how traumatic it was to see one rock icon after another "overdose" and die -- and how "everything changed" as a result.

All I'm exposing, really, is a symbolic interface in songs that could link the world of music with the world of intelligence.

NSA is definitely listening into our conversations and emails, but can NSA police subtext?

Have you been following the Bill Cosby thread?

Cosby actually played a government agent moving about the world using tennis as a cover in the television show I Spy back in the 60s. Hiding in plain sight?

Do you know anything about Cohen and Rebecca De Mornay ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_De_Mornay

Evidently they were engaged at one time long ago.

De Morney (actually born Pearch in Santa Rosa, CA) spent most of her childhood in England and western Europe. She attended the English Summerhill School mentioned in the Yorkshire thread.

I just did a brief search for De Morney and MKULTRA and found nothing. However, speculation on such connections are so rife about young actresses, especially those of such meteoric rise.
PufPuf93

Postby brekin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Cosby actually played a government agent moving about the world using tennis as a cover in the television show I Spy back in the 60s. Hiding in plain sight?

Since this is the anything goes thread...

At the height of Cosby's power he makes one of the worst film's ever made. Leonard Part 6.
It certainly wasn't for the public. What was he trying to tell us?
Bill Cosby plays Leonard Parker, a former CIA spy. According to the opening sequence of the movie, the title refers to the idea that this film is actually the sixth installment of a series of films featuring the adventures of Leonard, as parts one through five were locked up in the interests of world security.
The movie starts with Parker being re-recruited by his former employers in the CIA to save the world from an evil vegetarian who brainwashes animals to kill people. The film ends with Leonard infiltrating the vegetarian base, fending off the vegetarians with magic meat he received from a Gypsy, freeing the captive animals and flooding the base using Alka-Seltzer. He escapes by riding an ostrich on the roof of the building, with the ostrich flying him down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Part_6

Do you see it? Look at it! Monarch! On his helmet and Leonard is a former CIA agent. Leonard being obviously Cohen. The previous Leonard Parts 1-5 no doubt being Leonard's biggest operational hits.

Leonard Part 1: A Spy in the House of Love: Trying to infiltrate the folk scene and beautiful losing the Cuban Revolution.

Leonard Part 2: Woodstock/Israel: 3 days of peace love and understanding then 6 days of war, hate and conflict.

Leonard Part 3....
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:37 pm

That is a great post Brekin.

I had never heard of Leonard Part 6 (and was living in Berkeley in 1985-1987).

Monarch on the helmet..

Leonard Pat 1 and Leonard Part 2 follow the Cohen as an operative of this thread.

Thanks.
PufPuf93

Postby identity » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:05 pm

brekin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:02 pm wrote:

Since this is the anything goes thread...

At the height of Cosby's power he makes one of the worst film's ever made. Leonard Part 6.
It certainly wasn't for the public. What was he trying to tell us?
Bill Cosby plays Leonard Parker, a former CIA spy. According to the opening sequence of the movie, the title refers to the idea that this film is actually the sixth installment of a series of films featuring the adventures of Leonard, as parts one through five were locked up in the interests of world security.
The movie starts with Parker being re-recruited by his former employers in the CIA to save the world from an evil vegetarian who brainwashes animals to kill people. The film ends with Leonard infiltrating the vegetarian base, fending off the vegetarians with magic meat he received from a Gypsy, freeing the captive animals and flooding the base using Alka-Seltzer. He escapes by riding an ostrich on the roof of the building, with the ostrich flying him down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Part_6

Do you see it? Look at it! Monarch! On his helmet and Leonard is a former CIA agent. Leonard being obviously Cohen. The previous Leonard Parts 1-5 no doubt being Leonard's biggest operational hits.

Great detective work, brek. A major advance in Cohenite Studies!

(And who can forget that Bill Cosby's 8:15 12:15 album appeared in 1969 on the Tetragrammaton label, the same label that issued John and Yoko's Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins album in the US in Nov. 1968. Tetragrammaton, of course, being the Hebrew "name" (of God), often referred to by Cohen.)
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion