Leonard Cohen, Operative? (Ann Diamond material)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Leonard Cohen, Operative? (Ann Diamond material)

Postby identity » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:59 pm

(And who can forget that Bill Cosby's 8:15 12:15 album appeared in 1969 on the Tetragrammaton label, the same label that issued John and Yoko's Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins album in the US in Nov. 1968. Tetragrammaton, of course, being the Hebrew "name" (of God), often referred to by Cohen.)

It's interesting that in the title of Cosby's album on Tetragrammaton, "8:15 12:15", we find the day (8) and month (12) of Lennon's apparent murder, along with two instances of the number "15". The release numbers for the Lennon/Ono and Cosby albums on Tetragrammaton are T-5001 (Lennon/Ono) and TD-5100 (Cosby). Obviously, removing the "0"s from 5001 and from 5100, we are left with the numbers 1 and 5, twice. So here we find, in code, a clear and direct link between Cosby and Lennon (as well as the day of Lennon's supposed murder through the "8:" and "12:"), and probably Cohen as well: one site describes the challenges of path 15 on the tree of life as "Fear, panic, suffering and abuse of others. Too earthly, selfish 
and cynical" which seems to describe Cohen perfectly.

Anyone know where Cosby was on Dec. 8th, 1980, the day Lennon was supposedly shot? (It is also not without interest that Cosby appeared on the cover of Ebony magazine that very month, looking very guilty indeed!)

bill-cosby-ebony-mag.jpg

edit:

OMG!!!

There has been much speculation about '15 verses' of Cohen's song ['Hallelujah'], based on a comment made by John Cale. It looks like this involves seeing each verse as two verses (they could be seen this way by simply splittling them in half), which gives 14 verses. The mystical 15th could merely reflect a slight change in lyrics of one verse, or may simply have been a mistake by Cale.

What does it mean?

'Hallelujah' is a Hebrew word meaning 'Praise the Lord'. Here, Lord refers to the Tetrgrammaton, the four-letter name of God: Yahweh or Jehovah, although observant Jews will not say this name aloud.

So now John Cale possibly figures as well in the Cohen-Cosby-Lennon drama. Where was he on Dec, 8th, 1980???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby identity » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:53 am

Seems like AD may already be aware of the Cosby-Cohen link, as she posted the following comment ("leonard-cohen-ariel-sharon-during-the-1973-yom-kippur-war-same-photo-two-views/") one year ago on a page titled BILL COSBY AND THE DEATH OF PAIGE YOUNG:

http://aanirfan.blogspot.com/2014/12/bill-cosby-and-death-of-paige-young.htmlshowComment=1418228444145#c4996207319844094692
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

identity

Postby lunarmoth » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:31 am

Hi identity: when I clicked on the link I got "Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist." I probably posted that link there randomly, as people sometimes do at aanirfan.

I was totally unaware of any connection re: Cohen and Cosby but thanks to you, that could change. POST SCRIPT: I've skimmed the Cosby thread. Obviously you were pulling my leg, identity. Except for LEONARD PART 6, and the possibility it was made in 1987 with LC in mind, although I doubt it -- however, it wouldn't be the first time someone made a movie that appeared to be a send-up of the artiste. Let me rifle my mind for details of one I saw, 20 years ago, about (I think) an obnoxious poet. My theory is, he always got up people's nose and was an easy target because of his peculiar vocal quirks,

I do have some Lennon/Cohen numerological observations connected to the 2012 London Olympics that you might find interesting if you're not already clued in to it.

In a nutshell: the Zion-themes London 2012 Olympics began on 7/27/2012 at 8:12 a.m. with a nation-wide bell-ringing ceremony:http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-19001529

Why precisely did you have bells ringing out all over England at precisely 8:12 am, mirroring JL's death date? especially as the games ended on the evening of 8/12/2012 --

At the time I even predicted these Olympics would somehow weave John Lennon's death into their theme -- and I was not disappointed since the Closing Ceremony (in many ways, a musical review of the post-Beatles UK) opened with the children's choir singing "Imagine," followed by previously unreleased footage of Lennon (alive, at home) performing the song, and the rebuilding and immediate re-destruction of the Lennon effigy (death mask) on stage--

I also figured Cohen would be connected in, somehow, to this ritual event which appeared to summarize several decades of British music culture -- since we all know Prince Charles is a big Leonard fan.

That wasn't difficult to back up: at the very moment the London Olympics were ending, across the Channel in Ghent, Belgium, Cohen was stepping out on stage to launch his final "Old Ideas" tour.

Meanwhile these lyrics might ring some bells:
http://www.azlyrics.com//leonardcohen/anthem.html
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby lunarmoth » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:14 pm

"Anthem" (by Leonard Cohen)

The birds they sang
at the break of day
Start again
I heard them say
Don't dwell on what
has passed away
or what is yet to be.
Ah the wars they will
be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
bought and sold
and bought again
the dove is never free.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

We asked for signs
the signs were sent:
the birth betrayed
the marriage spent
Yeah the widowhood
of every government --
signs for all to see.

I can't run no more
with that lawless crowd
while the killers in high places
say their prayers out loud.
But they've summoned, they've summoned up
a thundercloud
and they're going to hear from me.

Ring the bells that still can ring ...

You can add up the parts
but you won't have the sum
You can strike up the march,
there is no drum
Every heart, every heart
to love will come
but like a refugee.

There is a crack, a crack in everything
There is a crack, a crack in everything
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby lunarmoth » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:57 pm

"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby lunarmoth » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:22 pm

"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby identity » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:49 pm

identity » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:59 pm wrote:
(And who can forget that Bill Cosby's 8:15 12:15 album appeared in 1969 on the Tetragrammaton label, the same label that issued John and Yoko's Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins album in the US in Nov. 1968. Tetragrammaton, of course, being the Hebrew "name" (of God), often referred to by Cohen.)

It's interesting that in the title of Cosby's album on Tetragrammaton, "8:15 12:15", we find the day (8) and month (12) of Lennon's apparent murder, along with two instances of the number "15". The release numbers for the Lennon/Ono and Cosby albums on Tetragrammaton are T-5001 (Lennon/Ono) and TD-5100 (Cosby). Obviously, removing the "0"s from 5001 and from 5100, we are left with the numbers 1 and 5, twice. So here we find, in code, a clear and direct link between Cosby and Lennon (as well as the day of Lennon's supposed murder through the "8:" and "12:"), and probably Cohen as well: one site describes the challenges of path 15 on the tree of life as "Fear, panic, suffering and abuse of others. Too earthly, selfish 
and cynical" which seems to describe Cohen perfectly.

Anyone know where Cosby was on Dec. 8th, 1980, the day Lennon was supposedly shot? (It is also not without interest that Cosby appeared on the cover of Ebony magazine that very month, looking very guilty indeed!)

edit:

OMG!!!

There has been much speculation about '15 verses' of Cohen's song ['Hallelujah'], based on a comment made by John Cale. It looks like this involves seeing each verse as two verses (they could be seen this way by simply splittling them in half), which gives 14 verses. The mystical 15th could merely reflect a slight change in lyrics of one verse, or may simply have been a mistake by Cale.

What does it mean?

'Hallelujah' is a Hebrew word meaning 'Praise the Lord'. Here, Lord refers to the Tetrgrammaton, the four-letter name of God: Yahweh or Jehovah, although observant Jews will not say this name aloud.

So now John Cale possibly figures as well in the Cohen-Cosby-Lennon drama. Where was he on Dec, 8th, 1980???

Bowie now too a part of the Lennon-Cohen-Chapman-Cosby-(Cale?) "Assassination" Conspiracy???

At the time of Lennon’s December 8, 1980 murder outside of his Manhattan apartment, David Bowie was starring just blocks away on Broadway in the play The Elephant Man. “I was second on his list,” Bowie told me in the New York studio we shared near Madison Square Garden.”Chapman had a front-row ticket to ‘ ‘The Elephant Man’ the next night. John and Yoko were supposed to sit front-row for that show, too. So the night after John was killed there were three empty seats in the front row. I can’t tell you how difficult that was to go on. I almost didn’t make it through the performance.”

The irony is that David Bowie’s first #1 hit “Fame”, from the Young Americans album which came out exactly forty years ago, was co-written with Lennon who also played guitar on the track. And it was indeed their fame as rock stars which drew Mark David Chapman to stalk them, and subsequently to murder Lennon. –Redbeard

identity

Postby lunarmoth » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:23 pm

I don't know why, but Bowie's statement just doesnt ring true to me. Chapman had a front row seat for 'Elephant Man' starring Bowie, somewhere down the row from John and Yoko, where they would all have been sitting the night after he killed Lennon ...

This sounds like a tale someone cooked up, to enhance the tragedy. How would Chapman have known to buy that front row ticket on that night? Someone must have bought it for him --

Like the famous photos in Rolling Stone, taken a few hours before the shooting, and seeming to foreshadow Lennon's death -- it signals foreknowledge and planning. Was Bowie really number 2 on Chapman's list? And why?

Meanwhile here's an interesting book about Lennon that never got published, but explores the mirror-like world of pop music lyrics and how they fuel fantasies of all sorts. He pays particular attention to Chapman's fascination with Todd Rungren and 'messages' he may have picked up listening to the songs: https://www.dpdotcom.com/through-the-mi ... d-w-pryke/
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby guruilla » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:58 pm

lunarmoth » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:23 pm wrote:I don't know why, but Bowie's statement just doesnt ring true to me. Chapman had a front row seat for 'Elephant Man' starring Bowie, somewhere down the row from John and Yoko, where they would all have been sitting the night after he killed Lennon ...

Confusing sentence. You mean John & Yoko had tickets to see EM but JL got shot the day before?
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby zangtang » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:38 pm

thats how i read it.
which if true, and you knew at the time.........willy-shriveller.
zangtang

Postby lunarmoth » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Repeating myself:

I don't find it credible that Chapman would have bought a front row ticket to see Elephant Man on December 9, so he could sit near John and Yoko and his Number #2 target. It's just too perfect.

How would he have known the Lennons were going that night, or what row for that matter? Who could have told him? Presumably, the tickets were produced afterwards as evidence to enhance the story's effect. It raises funny questions, like Annie Liebowicz' eerie photos, that suggest she was in on it, and took those death-themed images as a player in the Lennon psyop.

It just sounds like a tale, cooked up ahead of time to be told by Bowie to the hungry fans -- oooo those three empty seats in the front row!!! oooo What if Chapman had decided to wait, and sit through the performance. what if he'd shot his Number 2 first, and then turned the gun on Lennon !!!

Ah, but then there would have been hundreds of witnesses to see him do it - instead of 'no witnesses' at the Dakota where, as Astucias has demonstrated, Chapman probably had help from other shooters.

Bowie's story serves to keep the public focused on a "mad shooter in the theatre scenario" -- Chapman had planned to open fire in public, but luckily decided to carry out the murder the day before, in a more private setting where there were a number of anomalies needing to be covered up. Like the number of shots fired and the angle, and the location where Lennon fell etc.

To me it reeks of bad scriptwriting. Pump up the fear by bringing in Bowie. It also reminds me of the story about Stephen King (a Chapman lookalike) being at the Dakota getting Lennon's autograph. And Reagan's speech at the Waldorf Astoria on the night of December 8. And the trigger codes in Newsweek, and rumours of others being called in for the JL ritual murder event.

Which I think it was. A sort of party involving patsies and insiders for the Big Shift that Reagan represented in America.

Does not. Compute.
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby lunarmoth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:57 am

An interesting comment from the Henry Makow blog:

First Comment from Dan:

The hummingbird and handcuffs on the album jacket of 'The Future' always made me think of this passage from the novel 'Cockpit' by another mysterious fellow, Jerzy Kosinski.

"I was one of the specially trained groups of agents called "the hummingbirds". The men and women of this group are so valuable that to protect their covers no central file is kept on them and their identities are seldom divulged to other agents. Most hummingbirds remain on assignment as long as they lead active cover lives, usually as high-ranking government officials, military or cultural officials based in foreign countries. Others serve as businessmen, scientists, editors, writers and artists. But I always used to wonder what would happen if a hummingbird vanished, leaving no proof..."

[Quote from 'Cockpit' by Jerzy Kosinski, 1975]
- See more at: http://henrymakow.com/2015/01/Leonard-C ... aa51V.dpuf
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:21 pm

^^^
Interesting. Since seeing the film and then reading his novel 'Being There' decades ago, who Jerzy Kosinski was (or wasn't) has fascinated me. He was called a plagiarist, a liar, and has been pretty much demonized since his 1991 suicide. (And, he also attended Columbia University).

From the L.A. Times:

".............he probably really did escape being killed in Sharon Tate's house the night of the Manson murders because, according to James Park Sloan, he missed his plane to Los Angeles."

"And after arriving as a penniless foreigner to go to graduate school at Columbia, Kosinski really did live out the American dream, marrying a millionaire socialite (from whom he was subsequently divorced, and who later committed suicide), earning national awards and huge sums of money for his books and a screenplay, on the way achieving that greatest of dreams, to be a movie star, playing a small but important role role in "Reds."

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-05-12/ ... y-kosinski
Cordelia

Postby lunarmoth » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:27 am

re: Kosinski. The Painted Bird is said to be fiction, written as if it all really happened.

I had a friend who met Kosinski once in a black transvestite bar in NYC -- it was his principal hangout at the time (mid-80s)?

It seems beyond coincidental that he was on his way to visit Sharon Tate but 'missed his flight.' He was probably something of a hummingbird, himself.
"We come from France"
lunarmoth

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:50 pm

lunarmoth wrote:re: Kosinski. The Painted Bird is said to be fiction, written as if it all really happened.

I had a friend who met Kosinski once in a black transvestite bar in NYC -- it was his principal hangout at the time (mid-80s)?

It seems beyond coincidental that he was on his way to visit Sharon Tate but 'missed his flight.'
He was probably something of a hummingbird, himself.

It sure does. A 1999 New York Magazine article by Laurie Steiber (whoever she is) describes her relationship w/Kosinski and their adventures in NYC debauchery, along with other glimpses into his life.

"From 1978 until 1981, Jerzy and I explored New York's erotic nightlife and club scene, including Plato's Retreat, Hellfire S&M Parlor, and Drag Cabaret. " http://nymag.com/nymetro/arts/features/1063/index1.html

I didn't read 'Painted Bird'; the narrative, even if fabricated, was too brutal. Kosinski's (or anyone's ) meteoric rise from penniless émigré to celebrity status should bear scrutiny imho. So should Kosinski's death.

Kosinski co-wrote the screenplay for the film, 'Being There', based on his (according to the Village Voice, plagiarized) novel; it was directed by Hal Ashby ('Harold & Maude'). The story details the meteoric rise of a penniless, t.v. addicted simpleton into the upper echelons of Washington, and his influence on the president and his multi-millionaire advisor Benjamin Rand (obviously named for The Rand Corp.). The parallel story is a commentary on the domination of television, in an era when tv viewing for most was limited to five options--CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, and a local t.v. station.

This is the (spoiler alert, I guess) ending clip: Rand's burial speech by the president, along with plans for the president's ouster, whispered by the high ranking pallbearers carrying Rand's casket to its Masonic mausoleum

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=Bow1ZJTV4L4

The ending message was 'Life Is A State of Mind'. The film was a tour de force still worth watching.
Cordelia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion