Murders on Live TV

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Murders on Live TV

Postby 82_28 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:39 pm

It's "old" news right now and if not check your usual feeds. I tried to find it, but 8bit (where are you btw) started a thread about predictions for this year. Couldn't find it.

Anyhow, I said in that thread that my prediction was there would be a murder of a reporter on live TV. I should have bought a lottery ticket.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Murders on Live TV

Postby norton ash » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 pm

No, you should take that lotto money and light a votive candle and plead for your salvation because you made this happen.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Nordic » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:09 pm

82_28 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:39 pm wrote:It's "old" news right now and if not check your usual feeds. I tried to find it, but 8bit (where are you btw) started a thread about predictions for this year. Couldn't find it.

Anyhow, I said in that thread that my prediction was there would be a murder of a reporter on live TV. I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Found it:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38655&hilit=2015
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:22 pm

The season finale of "Mr. Robot" was postponed because it contained a graphic scene similar in nature to the shootings in Virginia today.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Hunter » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 pm

TRIGGER WARNING DO NOT CLICK LINK UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE THE SHOOTING.

Just for posterity here is a gif of the shooting from shooters go pro.

http://i.imgur.com/1qoU1gr.gif
Hunter

Postby Nordic » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:42 pm

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-08-26/v ... ters-crash

Virginia police order BBC journalists to delete footage of suspected shooter's crash

August 26, 2015 · 2:15 PM EDT Updated: August 26, 2015 · 9:15 PM EDT
By Kierran Petersen (follow)

BBC reporters Franz Strasser and Tara McKelvey encountered a big obstacle in their coverage of a double slaying of journalists at a Virginia mall.

The two reporters were covering the manhunt of the suspected shooter when they were ordered to delete footage by police. On Wednesday night, Corinne Geller, the statewide public relations manager for the Virginia State Police, tweeted at Strasser.

The incident occured after Allison Parker, 24, and Adam Ward, 27, were fatally shot while reporting live for WDBJ7 at a shopping mall in Monetta, Virginia. The woman they interviewed was also wounded.

During the ensuing manhunt, Vester Lee Flanagan, the suspected gunman, shot himself after police chased his car. The Virginia State police issued a statement on their Facebook page:

“The suspect vehicle refused to stop and sped away from the trooper. Minutes later, the suspect vehicle ran off the road and crashed. The troopers approached the vehicle and found the male driver suffering from a gunshot wound. He is being transported to a nearby hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries,” the report says. Flanagan later died, the BBC reported.

The BBC reporters, Strasser and McKelvey, were reporting from the scene of the crash when they were told by police to delete their video footage.

According to Strasser's Twitter feed, the reporters were left with only low-quality iPhone footage.

It's not the first time reporters in Virginia have had trouble filming police. Just last year WTVR-TV in Richmond reported on two incidents involving police officers and cellphones in Petersburg and Norfolk. According to the ACLU of Virginia, their office has documented citizens who have been charged for filming police — usually as a violation of wiretapping laws.
Nordic

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:17 pm

of all the coverage I've seen (online) two things, not one of them shows this person in full, in other words it could have been anyone, and two it all looked as if it was a video game shooter, creepy as hell. Disclosure, I'm not a gamer, but that's the vibe I got.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Hunter » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Nordic » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:42 pm wrote:http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-08-26/virginia-police-order-bbc-journalists-delete-footage-suspected-shooters-crash

Virginia police order BBC journalists to delete footage of suspected shooter's crash

August 26, 2015 · 2:15 PM EDT Updated: August 26, 2015 · 9:15 PM EDT
By Kierran Petersen (follow)

BBC reporters Franz Strasser and Tara McKelvey encountered a big obstacle in their coverage of a double slaying of journalists at a Virginia mall.

The two reporters were covering the manhunt of the suspected shooter when they were ordered to delete footage by police. On Wednesday night, Corinne Geller, the statewide public relations manager for the Virginia State Police, tweeted at Strasser.

The incident occured after Allison Parker, 24, and Adam Ward, 27, were fatally shot while reporting live for WDBJ7 at a shopping mall in Monetta, Virginia. The woman they interviewed was also wounded.

During the ensuing manhunt, Vester Lee Flanagan, the suspected gunman, shot himself after police chased his car. The Virginia State police issued a statement on their Facebook page:

“The suspect vehicle refused to stop and sped away from the trooper. Minutes later, the suspect vehicle ran off the road and crashed. The troopers approached the vehicle and found the male driver suffering from a gunshot wound. He is being transported to a nearby hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries,” the report says. Flanagan later died, the BBC reported.

The BBC reporters, Strasser and McKelvey, were reporting from the scene of the crash when they were told by police to delete their video footage.

According to Strasser's Twitter feed, the reporters were left with only low-quality iPhone footage.

It's not the first time reporters in Virginia have had trouble filming police. Just last year WTVR-TV in Richmond reported on two incidents involving police officers and cellphones in Petersburg and Norfolk. According to the ACLU of Virginia, their office has documented citizens who have been charged for filming police — usually as a violation of wiretapping laws.

Anyone have any guesses as to why they want that footage deleted? INTERESTING for sure. Indeed we dont even know who the shooter was, could be anyone, all we have is an arm.
Hunter

Postby stefano » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:07 am

norton ash » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:51 am wrote:No, you should take that lotto money and light a votive candle and plead for your salvation because you made this happen.

Hmmm. In the same thread I predicted a spree killing by a black person, targeting white people... Not sure if two victims is a spree, but maybe we should drop the forecasting on here just to be safe.
stefano

Postby Nordic » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:30 pm

With that in mind I'm forecasting a massive, deathly epidemic that only effects criminal elements of the leadership class. Politicians, propagandists, CEO's, and the entire Bush and Kardashian families will be dead in a matter of days.
Nordic

Postby 82_28 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Go get yourself a lottery ticket! You can't let a prediction go ignored.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby norton ash » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:35 pm

A voice down the line said “The lottery’s a regressive tax foisted on the classes that can least afford it by the fascist state.” … “It’s a trick of the ruling classes to hide the economic realities of the fascist state from the paling masses. You think rich people play the lottery? You think Donald Trump buys lotto tickets?”

Jay McInerny, Brightness Falls, 1992
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby 82_28 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:13 pm

I mean lottery all in jest.
82_28

Postby norton ash » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:29 pm

I know... meanwhile I couldn't resist the Trump 'sync' of these lines from a 23-year-old book.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 pm

82_28 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:39 pm wrote:It's "old" news right now and if not check your usual feeds. I tried to find it, but 8bit (where are you btw) started a thread about predictions for this year. Couldn't find it.

Good call 82_28.

I read somewhere recently that there is a mass shooting by gun nearly every day in the USA.

If true, the perpetuators have more and more difficulty getting attention.

I grew up in a gun culture -- had a 22 at 11 and a 16 gauge at 12 when my Mom also taught me to poach.

But quit hunting age 17 and haven't shot a gun for over 30 years but own guns, never have considered them protection.

I am for freedom and believe people should be able to possess firearms however the gun fetishists disturb me.

My solution to the gun issue would be to heavily regulate and tax ammunition but this would not impede a determined individual or group.

I expect gun (and bomb) events to get more frequent and severe in the immediate future.

I expect others to use the events to mold public opinion to their agenda and benefit.
PufPuf93

Next

Return to General Discussion