Security Theater ("Crisis Actors")

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Security Theater ("Crisis Actors")

Postby Elvis » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:10 pm

And why do we at RI need to know what David Brock's mediamatters says about what Alex Jones says?—besides its comedy value. In RI terms, it's grade school stuff. The diligent highlighting isn't worth the filler material quality. Are we third-graders here?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Alex Jones himself as crisis actor—that's actually good.

I'm not so sure Jones has "powerful backers"...unless you mean...his customers:

In 2010, the [Alex Jones] show attracted around 2 million listeners each week
[...]
The Infowars website receives approximately 10 million monthly visits, making it more popular than some mainstream news websites such as The Economist and Newsweek.
[...]
two-thirds of Jones' funds derive from sales of a successful range of his own products. These products are marketed through the Infowars website and through advertising spots on Jones' show. They include dietary supplements, toothpaste, bulletproof vests and "brain pills" :teeth2: :cyclops:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jone ... r_business

New York sez,
By 2013, he had built a media empire: web, radio, subscription video, and DVD and T-shirt sales. At the time, Salon’s Alex Seitz-Wald estimated that Jones was pulling in as much as $10 million a year between subscriptions, web and radio advertising, and sales.

But sometime later that year, his business model changed completely. Since late 2013, Jones has been pushing a collection of dietary supplements designed to prey on the paranoias and insecurities of his listeners: Infowars Life Silver Bullet Colloidal Silver. Infowars Life Brain Force Plus. Infowars Life Super Male Vitality. Infowars Life Liver Shield. In a recent BuzzFeed profile of Jones, Charlie Warzel writes that the launch of Infowars dietary supplements “completely transformed” Infowars into a “media empire,” but this might even be underselling it — if not mischaracterizing the nature of Jones’s business. If you visit Infowars.com today, there is no “advertise with Infowars” link. Unlike other right-wing media empires, it does not appear to be supported by high-net-worth investors like Robert Mercer.

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/05/how- ... money.html

I think it was Jones' early appearances on The Art Bell Show that launched his national recognition. He didn't let the crazy out, at first; he talked about WTO and the like, and appealed to a lot of people. In the end, Jones has been just about the worst thing that could happen to any kind of genuine 'truth movement' for lack of a better word.

(As for Art Bell, if he was back broadcasting again, I don't think he'd be having any of it. Remember when Art banned David Icke? I miss Art. Notice that it's been Art Bell who's been threatened and silenced off the air, more than once, while Alex Jones thrives.)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Elvis » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm wrote:And why do we at RI need to know what David Brock's mediamatters says about what Alex Jones says?—besides its comedy value. In RI terms, it's grade school stuff. The diligent highlighting isn't worth the filler material quality. Are we third-graders here?

Most of RI are more thoughtful than the Coast to Coast fandom.
PufPuf93

Postby Elvis » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:05 pm

PufPuf93 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:59 pm wrote:
Elvis » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm wrote:And why do we at RI need to know what David Brock's mediamatters says about what Alex Jones says?—besides its comedy value. In RI terms, it's grade school stuff. The diligent highlighting isn't worth the filler material quality. Are we third-graders here?

Yes very true! As you may know, Art Bell isn't having any of "Coast to Coast" either, he's disgusted with Navy "Public Relations" Noory and the whole shitshow.
Elvis

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 pm

Elvis » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:05 pm wrote:
PufPuf93 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:59 pm wrote:

Yes very true! As you may know, Art Bell isn't having any of "Coast to Coast" either, he's disgusted with Navy "Public Relations" Noory and the whole shitshow.

I know that Ary Bell had retired and that Noory now had the radio show but have never been into Coast to Coast except as radio that transmitted well late at night even if way rural I am acquainted with several Coast to Coast subscribers and they are part of an already existing judgement. Art Bell caused many fly over Americans to become aware of less than mainstream topics and interesting personalities.
PufPuf93

Postby Elvis » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 am

PufPuf93 wrote:I am acquainted with several Coast to Coast subscribers and they are part of an already existing judgement. Art Bell caused many fly over Americans to become aware of less than mainstream topics and interesting personalities.

Yes, subscribers, they are invested. Noory and the producer Dan et al. are interested in putting on an entertaining show.

Art is the real deal: he was his own producer (except when his wife helped), booked his own guests, with good discernment, ran his own (mixing) board, answered his own phones. After his first "retirement" he was persuaded to return but he had one demand: he wanted his salary lowered. :shock: In return, he wanted fewer commercials. In MBA terms, he was paying out of pocket for that extra airtime (a sin). In real terms, he just wanted a better radio program.

:backtotopic:

Anyway, I have no doubt that Art Bell would scoff at the 'every-mass-shooting-is-a-hoax' universe.
Elvis

Postby American Dream » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Infowars Is Organizing A ‘Life Or Death’ Protest At This Year’s SXSW Conference

By Jared Holt | March 5, 2018 12:26 pm

Alex Jones, the lead host of the conspiracy theory outlet Infowars, announced Friday that he had tapped self-declared “New Right” leader Mike Cernovich to organize a grassroots protest against Google and other social media companies at this year’s South by Southwest conference in Jones’ home city of Austin.

Infowars and Google have continued to publicly duel over YouTube’s community guidelines and what right-wing media personalities claim is inconsistent enforcement of those guidelines by site moderators. Jones spent nearly all of last week criticizing YouTube for placing community guideline strikes on his videos accusing the Parkland high school shooting survivors calling for tougher gun laws of being “crisis actors,” which placed his channel one strike away from a permanent suspension. Jones argued that Infowars should get to keep its access to the millions of viewers it has gathered on YouTube. At one point while defending his account, Jones made the bizarre claim that he has successfully taken out “over 30” pedophiles.

Last week, YouTube also suspended the account of Infowars Washington bureau chief Jerome Corsi, who has spent most of his time in recent months accusing various people of being satanic pedophiles, citing anonymous cryptic postings on 8Chan forum boards as proof. YouTube reinstated Corsi’s channel after backlash.

As the tensions between Infowars and YouTube continue to build, Jones has turned to Cernovich to organize a protest at the art and technology conference, which begins this Friday.

Last year, a group of activists led by pro-Trump troll and “Pizzagate” truther Jack Posobiec attempted to organize protests at Google offices around the United States after the company fired James Damore for circulating a memo criticizing Google’s diversity initiatives and arguing that biological traits make women less suited to be software engineers. The protests were called off, however, after Posobiec said organizers had received “credible Alt Left terrorist threats.” He wrote that outlets who reported on the protest inspired the threats with “malicious and false statements that our peaceful march was being organized by Nazi sympathizers.”

This time around, Jones and Cernovich say they’re keeping plans for a protest against Google at South by Southwest under wraps. Jones said Cernovich “wants to coordinate this behind the scenes so that they don’t know when we’re coming, when you’re coming.”

“Watch this channel when the South by Southwest is going on for what we are going to do. It’s going to be legal and lawful, but they are so scared of us physically showing up because they only want cyber control,” Jones said. “They’re totally afraid of grassroots.”

Cernovich told Jones that it’s “life or death now” for conservatives in the public sphere.

“This isn’t the usual, ‘We’re under an attack, thank you for the support, share links.’ No, no, no. This is—we’re done, we’re off the internet, they’re banning us,” Cernovich said, before rehashing the same talking point about Christian persecution we wrote about last week.

He later added, “They want us in gulags, Alex. I don’t know what more to say. Death camps are coming.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/info ... onference/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm

YouTube Cracks Down on Far-Right Videos as Conspiracy Theories Spread

Jerome Corsi, above, and Mike Cernovich, bottom, are among the right-wing commentators who say they were disciplined by YouTube. Mr. Cernovich later said his discipline had been reversed.

YouTube this week cracked down on the videos of some prominent far-right actors and conspiracy theorists, continuing an effort that has become more visible since the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., last month caused a torrent of misinformation to be featured prominently on the site.

A week after the shooting, many of the videos on YouTube’s “Trending” list contained misinformation about the teenage survivors of the shooting. The top video on the list for some time falsely claimed that a student at the school, David Hogg, was a paid actor.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/03/tech ... &smtyp=cur
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:04 am

Conspiracy Theorists Arrested at Texas Church Massacre Site

People gather to enter a memorial in the Sutherland Springs First Baptist Church where a memorial has been set up to remember those killed there, in a mass shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas, U.S. November 15, 2017.

Two conspiracy theorists were arrested Monday after allegedly harassing residents of Sutherland Springs, Texas, the site of the Nov. 5 mass shooting at a town church where 26 congregants died. Church Pastor Frank Pomeroy allegedly found the two writing “the truth shall set you free” on a chapel poster that is meant for well-wishers to sign. When Pomeroy confronted the two—identified as Robert Ussery, 54, the founder of conspiracy website Side Thorn, and 56-year-old Jodi Mann—they allegedly began shouting about their belief that the shooting was staged. Pomeroy’s 14-year-old daughter died in the shooting, along with 25 others. Pomeroy told the San Antonio Express-News said that Ussery “continually yelled and screamed and hollered and told me he was gonna hang me from a tree, and pee on me while I’m hanging... He said, ‘Your daughter never even existed. Show me her birth certificate. Show me anything to say she was here.’” Charging information on Ussery and Mann was not immediately available.
American Dream

Postby yathrib » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:10 am

I hate these people so much.

American Dream » 06 Mar 2018 14:04 wrote:
Conspiracy Theorists Arrested at Texas Church Massacre Site

People gather to enter a memorial in the Sutherland Springs First Baptist Church where a memorial has been set up to remember those killed there, in a mass shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas, U.S. November 15, 2017.

Two conspiracy theorists were arrested Monday after allegedly harassing residents of Sutherland Springs, Texas, the site of the Nov. 5 mass shooting at a town church where 26 congregants died. Church Pastor Frank Pomeroy allegedly found the two writing “the truth shall set you free” on a chapel poster that is meant for well-wishers to sign. When Pomeroy confronted the two—identified as Robert Ussery, 54, the founder of conspiracy website Side Thorn, and 56-year-old Jodi Mann—they allegedly began shouting about their belief that the shooting was staged. Pomeroy’s 14-year-old daughter died in the shooting, along with 25 others. Pomeroy told the San Antonio Express-News said that Ussery “continually yelled and screamed and hollered and told me he was gonna hang me from a tree, and pee on me while I’m hanging... He said, ‘Your daughter never even existed. Show me her birth certificate. Show me anything to say she was here.’” Charging information on Ussery and Mann was not immediately available.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst that justice prevail.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
yathrib

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Wait- there's an explanation:

Gavin McInnes Suspects Immigrants May Be To Blame For Social Media Censorship

By Jared Holt | March 6, 2018 9:17 am

Gavin McInnes, a CRTV political commentator and creator of the bizarre Proud Boys club, theorized last week that the reason some prominent right-wing personalities have been suspended from social media platforms is that “everyone at these social media companies has an accent” and they “seem to be violators of their H1-B visas with an axe to grind.”

Last week on his nightly “Get Off My Lawn” program, McInnes briefly discussed recent waves of account suspensions doled out by YouTube moderators in efforts to more strictly enforce the site’s community guidelines against conspiracy theories and extremist content. McInnes expressed his sympathy with various personalities who have been suspended from various platforms and warned that the alleged censorship will eventually target all conservatives instead of just extreme ones.

“It goes Richard Spencer, then it’s ‘Baked Alaska’ [Tim Gionet], then it’s Laura Loomer, then it’s Ezra Levant, and then it’s Breitbart and so on and so on,” McInnes said.

“That’s because, as we learned from James O’Keefe, when you check these people out, they are radicals. The head of security at Twitter is a radical Muslim immigrant. All these people seem to be violators of their H1-B visas with an axe to grind,” McInnes said. “And you know what the irony of all that—and I said this before on the show—it might be that they’re conforming.”

He added, “On all of O’Keefe’s tapes it seemed like everyone at these social media companies has an accent. But these immigrants, I think they sort of go, ‘OK, I want to assimilate, what’s the thing here? Oh the thing here is you hate America and you hate Trump and you think that everyone’s a Nazi. Done.’”

Earlier this year, Right Wing Watch caught CRTV attempting to cover up racist remarks McInnes made about Sen. Cory Booker. CRTV reported some of our videos to YouTube for copyright violation, which we successfully appealed, and edited their archive tapes to exclude McInnes’ statements.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/gavi ... ensorship/
American Dream

Postby 0_0 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:25 pm

PARKLAND — Kevin Siegelbaum will never know if he could have helped Nikolas Cruz turn around his life, and in turn, save 17 others. “But it would have been nice to have been given an opportunity to try,” he said.

Siegelbaum, 47, has taught special education at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School for 2 1/2 years, helping those students whom other teachers cannot. Siegelbaum knows better than to give up on such students because he was once one, first discovering he had attention-deficit disorder, then dyslexia, but nonetheless working his way through college.

Kevin Siegelbaum is an actor and writer, known for The Gonzo Radio Show (2016), Web Series (2015) and Son of a... (2017). See full bio »

Actor (4 credits)
2017 Son of a... (TV Series) (post-production)
Bar Patron
- Free Birds ... Bar Patron
2016-2017 The Gonzo Radio Show (TV Mini-Series)
The Idaho Jew
- Who Trumped? (2017)
- Valentine's Day Massacre (2017) ... The Idaho Jew
- The Launch (2016) ... The Idaho Jew
2015 The Hero That Here Lies (Short)
Bill
2015 Web Series (TV Series)
Premiere Attendee
- The Premiere (2015) ... Premiere Attendee

I'm posting this because i think it's strange. It's not an endorsement of the idea of crisisactors being used in this specific case or in general per se, but more as a curious tidbit that shows that maybe believing such a thing is not totally without reason & or at least shows how some people would get the idea & to invite reactions as to what people here make of this. Coincidence? Or hidden in plain sight? As a caveat, I know that -in the past at least- anyone could edit bios on imdb, but this seems like a real bio to me. He also was a guest on RT:

playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 pm

InfoWars and The Gateway Pundit Slapped With Lawsuit for Spreading Charlottesville Conspiracy

Brennan Gilmore claims Alex Jones and other far-right Trumpists ruined his life and his career with the baseless claim that he was part of a conspiracy to “stage” the deadly rally.

MAXWELL TANI
03.13.18 12:37 PM ET

Several prominent right-wing conspiracy theorists were hit with a lawsuit Tuesday by a man who said his life was ruined after he became the subject of numerous “baseless” theories connecting him to the deadly Charlottesville rally last year.

In the suit filed in a Virginia court on Tuesday, Brennan Gilmore alleged that his business, career as a diplomat, and personal relationships were all damaged after he posted a video of a white nationalist driving a car into a crowd of counter protesters during the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia last year.

After capturing the incident on his phone, the former state department staffer shared the video on Twitter with the caption: “Video of car hitting anti-racist protesters. Let there be no confusion: this was deliberate terrorism. My prayers with the victims. Stay home.”

He subsequently became the scapegoat for far-right conspiracy-focused sites including InfoWars, The Gateway Pundit, and journalists including a reporter for Kremlin-owned outlet RT, all alleging that the deadly car wreck was a setup, and that Gilmore knew about it in advance because of his ties to the State Department.

“All Mr. Gilmore had done was share the truth about the tragic and traumatic act he regrettably witnessed,” the complaint said. “For a man who has devoted his life to serving his local community, the Commonwealth, the United States, and the global community, Defendants’ absurdly false portrayal of him, and the harassment that followed, was devastating.”

The lawsuit, which seeks $75,000 in damages, specifically named InfoWars founder Alex Jones, Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft, and former Breitbart News and current RT reporter Lee Stranahan, as well as former Rep. Allen West, whose website and social-media platforms routinely publish far-right content.

The complaint alleged that the right-wing outlets quickly attempted to paint Gilmore as a “deep state shill with links to George Soros,” and that the video was part of a “coordinated, not spontaneous” attempt to damage the right, and indirectly, President Donald Trump.

“One guy is paid 320,000 a year on the payroll of Soros,” Jones said in a video in August, referencing Gilmore. “He doesn’t just get money from Soros, he personally is paid 320 a year, and then he is there—CIA, State Department—and he is on the news. And when people pointed out who he was, they took his name of the State Department website and stuff, but Google has all the [screen] shots of it. I mean it’s like WOW, WOW—CIA?”

Gilmore said he was accosted on the street, and he received a powdery substance in the mail with a letter claiming he would “burn in hell.” He and his family were promptly doxxed and threatened, and internet users attempted to log into his email and social-media accounts.

“Fact-based journalism is essential to our democracy, because it provides citizens with objective, reality-based information on issues of public concern,” the complaint said. “Defendants are not fact-based journalists. Defendants spread lies to construct false narratives that terrify a gullible audience, all in a desperate attempt to generate revenue and momentum for a hateful agenda.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/infowars- ... nspiracies
American Dream

Postby Jerky » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:12 pm

You know who else has an IMDB page with credits, though, 0_0?

Me, and a good chunk of my friends.

Here's me:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2559083/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

And guess what? In my one acting credit? I play a SERIAL KILLER! Sweet Tooth Sullivan!

It's really not all that strange anymore to be in movies or TV shows. The media has been profoundly democratized over the last couple decades. Considering the number of mass killings taking place, and considering the numbers of victims lately, there is BOUND to be some overlap, particularly when it comes to events taking place in large metro areas.

J.

0_0 » 12 Mar 2018 18:25 wrote:
PARKLAND — Kevin Siegelbaum will never know if he could have helped Nikolas Cruz turn around his life, and in turn, save 17 others. “But it would have been nice to have been given an opportunity to try,” he said.

Siegelbaum, 47, has taught special education at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School for 2 1/2 years, helping those students whom other teachers cannot. Siegelbaum knows better than to give up on such students because he was once one, first discovering he had attention-deficit disorder, then dyslexia, but nonetheless working his way through college.

Kevin Siegelbaum is an actor and writer, known for The Gonzo Radio Show (2016), Web Series (2015) and Son of a... (2017). See full bio »

Actor (4 credits)
2017 Son of a... (TV Series) (post-production)
Bar Patron
- Free Birds ... Bar Patron
2016-2017 The Gonzo Radio Show (TV Mini-Series)
The Idaho Jew
- Who Trumped? (2017)
- Valentine's Day Massacre (2017) ... The Idaho Jew
- The Launch (2016) ... The Idaho Jew
2015 The Hero That Here Lies (Short)
Bill
2015 Web Series (TV Series)
Premiere Attendee
- The Premiere (2015) ... Premiere Attendee

I'm posting this because i think it's strange. It's not an endorsement of the idea of crisisactors being used in this specific case or in general per se, but more as a curious tidbit that shows that maybe believing such a thing is not totally without reason & or at least shows how some people would get the idea & to invite reactions as to what people here make of this. Coincidence? Or hidden in plain sight? As a caveat, I know that -in the past at least- anyone could edit bios on imdb, but this seems like a real bio to me. He also was a guest on RT:

Jerky

Postby Burnt Hill » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Hah!
You're just setting up your alibi.
You are still suspect as hell jerky.
:moresarcasm

:wink
Burnt Hill

PreviousNext