Security Theater ("Crisis Actors")

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Security Theater ("Crisis Actors")

Postby American Dream » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Trump Ally Alex Jones Is Still Casting Doubt On Whether Sandy Hook Massacre Happened

Jones:Anderson Cooper Is Standing Up There And Turns And His Whole Nose Disappears. … I Know What A Blue Screen Is, Bro

https://mediamatters.org/video/2017/03/ ... ned/215597
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:58 pm

:naughty:
Iamwhomiam

Postby American Dream » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Sandy Hook Dad: Expose, Shame Sandy Hook 'Hoaxer' Alex Jones In Public

As a parent of one of the murdered students, Noah Pozner, I have battled with online platforms hosting hoaxer content for nearly five years. Through my lengthy and tumultuous experience, I know that alternative facts are not declining and they certainly aren't going away. This problem isn't fading with time or through the conscious and deliberate dismissal by mainstream society of the hoaxers' anomalous hypotheses. On the contrary, the problem is steadily growing.

Inflammatory personalities such as Alex Jones make a living peddling conspiratorial rhetoric and anti-government propaganda that appeals to a specific audience. Some are drawn to the hoax narrative because they cannot deal with the fact that small, innocent children were slaughtered at a school. That would entail having to accept the reality that this could happen to their family. It's much more comfortable to believe that women and children did not die and that the government they love to loathe is coming for their guns. But then there are those who are far removed from the average conspiracy enthusiast with a passing interest in 9/11 and UFO cover-ups. These cult followers are malicious, potentially dangerous and have no capacity for human empathy.

People like these by the tens of thousands are flocking to charismatic con men like Jones, with cultish reverence and conviction. With the aid of media platforms such as alternative talk radio, YouTube, Google, Facebook and Twitter, scores more are being reached and indoctrinated into the cult of delusional lunacy every day.

What does anyone suppose is the right thing to do about this malevolent phenomenon? Many will say, "Just ignore them." "Don't give them the attention they crave." "Don't provide them with any notoriety, and they will fade away." This approach is ineffective and feeds the movement rather than diminishing it. Unimpeded, this mindset and worldview spread across the internet like a virus.

The hoaxer ideology must be challenged, discredited and disparaged. Many of the deniers of the Sandy Hook shooting are also deniers of the Boston Marathon bombing, as well as just about any violent mass casualty event. Many are also holocaust deniers, and some even deny that the Earth is round and that men landed on the moon. The level of emotional dysregulation certainly varies from individual to individual; from the harmless, deluded recluse all the way to the rabid psychopath with domestic terrorist aspirations.

Several articles have documented my experience with harassment, torment and threats. Unfortunately, I'm not the only family member of a victim of a violent mass casualty event to experience the consequences of hoaxer free speech, which more accurately amounts to hate speech. Many of the families of the victims live with constant harassment, and not just on social media. Several families receive threatening telephone calls regularly, and in some cases they are followed, confronted and recorded in videos that are posted on YouTube for the world to see. Some of these videos include footage of their homes, causing great concern for the safety of their families. How are any of us supposed to grieve the loss of our loved one when hoaxers are constantly accusing and tormenting us over the lies of Alex Jones and others of his ilk who see a financial opportunity for themselves in our tragedy?

One of my tormentors was arrested without incident and recently sentenced to jail time. But the individual who showed up at the Comet Pong Pizza shop in Washington, D.C., with an AR-15, vowing to save the children enslaved in the alleged child sex trafficking ring known as "Pizzagate," could have easily brought a very tragic outcome. The growing danger to society is undeniable and must be addressed. To sit complacently in silence is to allow this sick movement to grow and change the history of humanity to something patently false.

The current climate of "alternative facts" will give way to "alternative history" if we allow the village idiots to grow in number and take over the town.

The exposure of Jones and his lunatic fringe to the masses is inevitable. Only then will this disturbing cult of insanity be exposed and dealt with by mainstream society. The government and the police are bound by the first amendment to honor the conspiracy theorists' right to free speech. Society, however, is free to despise, renounce, shame and shun them; to administer social justice in response to their repugnant worldview and wicked deeds. Hoaxers need to be rejected and shamed by their families, their neighbors, their bosses, their co-workers, their friends and their communities. I see no other way to control the spread of their evil and delusional ideology.

Alex Jones has demonstrated that he has the respect and ear of our president, as disturbing as this may be to the majority of responsible citizens. Therefore, Alex Jones is undeniably newsworthy. No amount of public outrage is going to turn the media's attention away from him and his delusional conspiracy theories. The very fact that Jones has some semblance of influence over our president's thinking speaks to my position that we should challenge his warped and pernicious views out in the open public forum. Let him have his 15 minutes under the bright lights. Maybe then people will see the monster that he truly is.

http://www.courant.com/opinion/insight/ ... story.html
American Dream

Postby barracuda » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:13 am

DCfW8trXcAA31Qd.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barracuda

Postby Elvis » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:28 am

^^^^ Pardon my ignorance, but who is the redheaded woman?...and her significance?

I'm blind, you see.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby barracuda » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:16 am

Elvis » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 pm wrote:who is the redheaded woman?...and her significance?

That is Elizabeth Marvel as Mark Antony in Shakespeare in the Park's 2017 production of The Tragedy of Julius Caesar .

Over thy wounds now do I prophesy
(Which like dumb mouths do ope their ruby lips
To beg the voice and utterance of my tongue)
A curse shall light upon the limbs of men;
Domestic fury and fierce civil strife
Shall cumber all the parts of Italy;
Blood and destruction shall be so in use
And dreadful objects so familiar
That mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their infants quartered with the hands of war,
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds;
And Caesar's spirit ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war,
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
barracuda

Postby Elvis » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks, Barracuda.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Just a reminder: This thread is not entitled "The Alex Jones Thread". Nor does Mr Jones own the topic. Nor does NBC's Ms Megyn Kelly or any other American dreamboat.

Here's some reality and necessary context for anyone purporting to seriously discuss this issue -- please read the article (WARNING: contains investigative journalism) before complaining about me re-posting these images here.

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby American Dream » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:02 am

Alex Jones Is Already Floating A Conspiracy Theory About The Vegas Mass Shooting Being A Hoax

While a Sandy Hook parent squarely blamed Congress for the Las Vegas mass shooting — in which Stephen Paddock killed at least 58 people (with over 515 more injured) — unrepentant Sandy Hook “truther” Alex Jones wasted no time in hatching a new conspiracy theory. Jones, of course, famously claimed that the 2012 Newtown shooting was a “false flag” attack that was orchestrated by the government (with “actors” filling in for grieving parents), and he stayed consistently insane here. As seen in the above InfoWars clip, Jones claims that he predicted (last week) that the Vegas massacre would take place.

Not only that, but Jones accuses “Deep State” Democrats of orchestrating the Vegas mass shooting to launch a new Civil War in the U.S. He believes the event was planned around the 100th year of Russia’s Bolshevik Revolution, which was led by Vladimir Lenin against the existing government. Before Jones comes around to mentioning O.J. Simpson (for real), he says this:

“The literal grandchildren of the folks that financed the Bolshevik Revolution out of New York and London are now bragging saying Bolshevik 2 is launching. I told you over and over again that I believe their November 4th launch terror date was a smokescreen for them to begin launching terror attacks in October. They will get successively more intense until you basically come punch-drunk to them, then they’ll launch their main attack.”

http://uproxx.com/news/alex-jones-las-v ... onspiracy/
American Dream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 am

^^ Again again (again):

MacCruiskeen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:01 pm wrote:Just a reminder: This thread is not entitled "The Alex Jones Thread". Nor does Mr Jones own the topic. Nor does NBC's Ms Megyn Kelly or any other American dreamboat.

Here's some reality and necessary context for anyone purporting to seriously discuss this issue -- please read the article (WARNING: contains investigative journalism) before complaining about me re-posting these images here.

Alex Jones and American Dream are brothers-in-arms.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby American Dream » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:24 pm

Las Vegas survivors furious as YouTube promotes clips calling shooting a hoax

Stephen Melanson, whose wife and daughter were both shot in the attack, told the Guardian he believed YouTube should take down videos suggesting the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history had been faked.

“When I see my wife fighting for her life with a gunshot wound to her chest, and my daughter was also shot, it’s pretty conclusive evidence that it did happen,” said Melanson, whose wife, two daughters and two friends escaped alive from the Route 91 Harvest festival on Sunday night. “My daughter texted me … ‘There is a shooting right in front of us’ and another text said, ‘Mom is shot.’”

One video on the first page of results on the Google-owned video platform Wednesday morning was called Las Vegas ‘Shooting’ … Did It Actually Happen? and questioned whether the attack was “fake” and if victims were “actors”. It had more than 250,000 views after one day on the site.

YouTube told the Guardian that this footage and other specific conspiracy videos that appeared after a generic search did not violate its standards.

Complaints about YouTube enabling fake news follow reports that within hours of the tragedy, both Facebook and Google were actively promoting rightwing blogs and conspiracy sites, some misidentifying the shooter and claiming he was a Democrat who opposed Donald Trump. The proliferation of politicized propaganda comes as Silicon Valley corporations are facing increased scrutiny over their role in allowing false news to reach millions on their platforms, possibly assisting Russia’s efforts to interfere in US politics.

Conspiracy theories about mass shootings are nothing new in America, but some fear YouTube’s popularity and algorithms are exacerbating the problem. In addition to automatically suggesting Las Vegas conspiracy footage to people with basic search requests, YouTube has promoted a wide variety of fake related content to people who watch a single propaganda video.

That means for some, YouTube is not suggesting reputable media sources and instead is exposing them to dozens of videos painting a picture of a vast conspiracy.

After the Guardian watched one questionable video highlighted on the main Las Vegas shooting search page (from a gun rights advocate suggesting the facts didn’t add up), YouTube promoted: “Government Staged Las Vegas Mass Shooting” (215,000 views), “PROOF: MEDIA & LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE LYING ABOUT THE VEGAS SHOOTING” (660,000 views) and “PROOF Las Vegas shooting FALSE FLAG hoax” (70,000 views). The site automatically played a “Las Vegas HOAX Exposed” video (150,000 views).

YouTube declined to comment on whether it has since removed footage, and it’s unclear if the site has taken any measures to slow the spread of Las Vegas fake news.

“It’s not a conspiracy. It’s not a joke. It did happen. I was there,” said Krista Metz, a witness and survivor who said she was standing close to the stage when the gunshots began. The 45-year-old California woman and her cousin were nearly trampled and ended up running for miles to escape, she said. “We literally thought we were going to die.”

Metz said she was frustrated with wild speculation online and in traditional news coverage: “People are so crazy with their social media. They’ll believe everything they read … It’s horrible.”

Even if YouTube and other sites remove the content, many have already viewed the videos – and many more will continue to publish similar messages, Metz noted. “There are so many people that post so many random things. How could they monitor it?”

“I just want the facts,” she added.

YouTube released a short statement touting its ability to promote “thousands of news publishers that present a variety of viewpoints”, adding, “When a major news event happens, these sources are presented on the YouTube homepage under ‘Breaking News’ and featured in search results, with the label ‘Top News’.”

“False flag” claims online can have devastating consequences for shooting survivors and families. The outspoken father of one of the children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook elementary school shooting has faced frequent harassment and death threats from conspiracy theorists who believe the massacre was faked. One hoaxer who targeted him was recently sentenced to prison.

A woman who was badly injured in the Aurora theater shooting in Colorado also faced vicious online attacks and harassment, with critics trying to hack into her email account and accusing her of being a pawn in a gun control conspiracy.

Melanson – whose family was rescued by a retired firefighter and whose wife remains in the hospital following a second surgery – said he feared the propaganda on YouTube could impede law enforcement: “It’s hindering the investigation. They are creating false information that the authorities will still have to investigate. It really slows down the process.”

The videos also hurt victims and survivors already struggling to cope with trauma, he added: “It’s not fair to all the family members who have been going through this.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -theories/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Conspiracy Theories Spring Up, Spread in the Wake of Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Confusion in the immediate aftermath of a mass shooting and the churning out of false information by untrustworthy web sites have resulted in yet another "truther" movement.

Tricia Garelts, the wife of an LVMPD officer and member of Police Wives of America, was standing near a large memorial of 58 crosses, balloons and flowers near the iconic “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign when we interviewed her, handing out water bottles and wearing a T-shirt that read “Overcome Evil.”

She told us it was a mistake to interpret radio traffic as evidence for multiple shooters, because the night was deadly chaos; people were running for their lives and first responders were working against time to stop the shooting and get the wounded to hospitals:

I truly believe if I was a citizen out there and heard different random noises in that situation, it would be easily to perceive that some other situation [than what was actually happening] was going on.

The misinformation being spread, she said, is only causing more fear and anxiety. Of the conspiracy peddlers, she said angrily:

Where were they when [first responders] were out there saving lives? They weren’t out there.

Although it may be too early to say whether loved ones of Las Vegas victims will be harassed to the extent that the families of victims in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting have been, Ryan Graney, who represents the family of Victoria Soto — a teacher who died trying to protect her students — said five years later, Internet characters are still on a crusade to prove Soto was not really murdered and the shooting was a “false flag”:

I don’t know what’s missing in their brains, like the empathy center maybe. They think they’re so right, and the government is so out to get them that it’s OK for them to harass these families.

I’m tired of dealing with these people, but I have to — I help the Sotos, but other families don’t have that barrier, and the moms and dads have to read these comments.

These people sit around on their computers and trash talk [victims and their families] and come up with their batshit crazy theories. And they think they’re right.

https://www.snopes.com/2017/10/12/consp ... -shooting/
American Dream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:49 pm

^^You're out, "American Dream", but are you proud?

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion