Terrorists take Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris hostage

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Terrorists take Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris host

Postby 82_28 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:29 pm

I guess it would take something to make you come out from under your rock, psynapz. Good to see you.

I think it was Wombat who said "this changes everything" upthread. Yes, yes it does. There is no turning back now. Ideally, I "want" this to be pinned on government black ops when ideally I wish this didn't happen at all. We must face it. We will never know. I am monitoring where I can on multiple channels and they sure have the Paris police car .wav ready to go for every bit of repeated footage which the soundtrack is obviously artificial.

Look for the Freedom Fries Clown Car to pounce on this.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Rightwingers get giddy over Paris attacks
With at least 100 people reportedly killed in attacks accross Paris, ISIS supporters can barely contain their excitement.
Thumbnail for Islamic State Supporters 'Celebrate' Paris Attacks on Social Media
Islamic State Supporters 'Celebrate' Paris Attacks on Social Media
Dozens of people have killed in numerous attacks around Paris.

NEWSWEEK
Neither can conservative war hawks.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-r ... is-attacks
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:34 pm

psynapz » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:26 pm wrote:
It strikes me that there will be fascinating opportunity for analysis of user behavior around this feature, for whatever ends.

It also gripped me to realize the date of these attacks fits the ritually-significant pattern being 11/13 or 13/11. That very cabal seems to have created this convenient caliphate at the very least, so it feels to me like the deep state just murdered 158+ French youngsters.

Exactly. This is why crises are so darn useful.

Agree that the timing is excessively weird, for an ostensibly Islamic attack.

Guess it's just one of those coincidences.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:36 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:14 pm wrote:100 dead people in theater

this changes everything

Credit where it is due - and I wholly agree - the massacre of hostages elevates this considerably.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 82_28 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:37 pm

At least media-wise the coverage seems to be highly orchestrated. Also, what Nordic said.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 pm

AP...... all of the attackers are dead...hunting for accomplishes

attackers blew themselves up with suicide belts

Richard Engel says this was one military attack
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:47 pm

I've been switching between various cable news stations on the television in the background while reading better coverage online. The media is behaving terribly. Anderson Cooper's talking head just now keeps using the curious turn of phrase "the crows are coming home to roost."

Why don't any talking heads want to talk about peace? They really want to talk about violence. It would be the easiest thing to urge peace - especially if aimed at other future potential terrorists.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:52 pm

I'm sure there's a lot of sources for news of this tragic event. The NY Times has this on their front page and lots of details, video, etc.,

"The New York Times is providing unlimited access to its website and mobile apps for coverage of the terrorist attacks in France."

http://www.nytimes.com/

On edit,

Three assailants detonated their belts of explosives, a fourth was killed by police before he could.
Last edited by Iamwhomiam on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Rory » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:56 pm

So the G20 meeting is in Antalya this weekend. Just down the coast from where that kid turned up drowned.
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Eagles of Death Metal Issue Statement on Paris Attack
"We are still currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew," group writes on Facebook

BY KORY GROW November 13, 2015
Eagles of Death Metal's members are safe after nightclub shooting in Paris, family member say. Chapman Baehler
Eagles of Death Metal are assessing the situation following a mass shooting that took place at their concert at Paris' Bataclan Friday night. "We are still currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew," the group wrote in a statement on Facebook. "Our thoughts are with all of the people involved in this tragic situation."

SIDEBAR
Bataclan; Paris 15 Killed at Eagles of Death Metal's Paris Concert »
Earlier in the evening, the mother and wife of drummer Julian Dorio both told The Washington Post that he'd told them the group had made it out of the venue. "He called to say that he loved me and he was safe," wife Emily said. "Everyone on stage was able to get off." Mother Mary Lou reported similar news to the paper, claiming that the fates of several crew members was unclear. Julian was at a local police station, she said at around 6 p.m. EST.

Dave Catching, who play guitar with Eagles of Death Metal, is apparently safe, according to a tweet by California band Mojave Lords. "David Catching is safe and sound according to EODM management. Thanks for your concern. We are still awaiting confirmation re some crew." Puscifer, whose bassist Matt McJunkins also plays bass for Eagles of Death, wrote on Twitter that McJunkins is also safe.

French group Red Lemons posted to Facebook (via BrooklynVegan) that the members of Eagles of Death Metal were safe and not hostages. They added, "Mikel Ross, Eric McFadden, we were with your mates Jesse, [Hughes' partner] Tuesday [Cross], the other musicians outside, they're safe too, they took a cab."

A friend of opening band White Miles posted on that group's Facebook page that the group was OK. "Just heard from the band and they're safe," Ben Gazey wrote.

Eagles of Death Metal were reportedly onstage when attackers burst into the venue and opened fire on the audience. At least 15 people have died at the club, according to The Associated Press. The New York Times reported that a witness told French television that someone shouted "Allahu Akbar," "God is greatest," as the shooting occurred. The attackers took as many as 100 people hostage, and police have reportedly stormed Bataclan.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z3rQm7VujI
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzIKKbb75s4
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:04 pm

The neocons sure made a mess when they kicked and kicked again and again the hornets nests that is the Middle East.

The propaganda nightmare manifests.

There are way too many people into hate. To many people who think WWIII is cool praise Jesus and $$$ and Allah.

I recently viewed but did not bother to note the link to a well-produced video about the hoards of young make refugees from the Middle East flowing into Europe to make wives of the daughters of traditional Europe.

PS I had never even heard of Eagles of Death Metal but listened to four videos and I like their music.
PufPuf93

Postby Project Willow » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:07 pm

There are many possible motives, too many perhaps, including the increasing transparency of ISIS as US op. I think it's been planned for quite awhile however, judging by who in my (dark side) circle has been making trips there over the last couple of months, which I noticed with a raised eyebrow long before this evening.

A survivor friend posted this: http://www.euractiv.com/sections/trade-society/french-government-will-not-sign-ttip-agreement-2015-310037
Has anyone here been tracking the overt political angles?

While civilians post Pray for Paris on their social media feeds, I shudder to think of the celebratory gatherings that will take place tonight at sites around the country, including here. It's a holy night for the goat worshippers.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Paris attacks: terror inside Le Bataclan concert hall as gunmen open fire
Date
November 14, 2015 - 1:06PM
1327 reading nowRead later
Megan Levy

inShare
submit to redditEmail articlePrintReprints & permissions

Paris attacks: What we know so far
The worst terrorist attack in French history is unfolding as a co-ordinated series of attacks across Paris. This is what we know so far.
Paris terror attacks live coverage
'Night of terror' on scale never seen
Parisians offer their homes as shelter
Benjamin Cazenoves was one of hundreds of music fans who had filed into the popular Paris concert hall Le Bataclan on Friday night for a sold-out show to see US rock band Eagles of Death Metal.

A short time later, he was holed up on the first floor of the venue, badly injured, and posting news in real time of the unimaginable terror that was unfolding around him.

French fire brigade members aid an injured individual near the Bataclan concert hall following fatal shootings in Paris on Friday.
French fire brigade members aid an injured individual near the Bataclan concert hall following fatal shootings in Paris on Friday. Photo: Reuters
"Carnage .... Dead bodies everywhere," the Paris resident wrote in a series of posts on his Facebook page, as gunmen unleashed an attack on the concert hall about 9.30pm, local time.

The gunmen had taken an estimated 100 people hostage in the venue in eastern Paris, near an area of the city known for its nightlife.

The gunmen were mowing down the concert goers one by one, wrote Cazenoves. He believed they were heading towards him, and pleaded for someone to help.

The Bataclan concert hall in central Paris. Photo: AP
"They are cutting down all the world. One by one. 1th floor soon!!!!" he wrote.

About 1000 people were attending the concert in the relatively small venue when the attack occurred, one of four apparently coordinated attacks around Paris.

Julien Pearce, a radio reporter in France who also was also the concert, told CNN that he saw a number of young men dressed in black open fire on the crowd with assault rifles, firing at random as people screamed.

"It was a bloodbath," he said, adding that he saw at least 20 bodies.

"Some were dead. Others were very badly wounded," he said.

"It lasted for 10 minutes. Ten horrific minutes where everybody was on the floor covering their head."

Pearce saw two people he called terrorists enter the concert hall, "very calm, very determined", and firing "randomly".

He told CNN that the men wore black clothing but no masks. Pearce saw the face of one shooter, who he estimated was no more than 25 years old.

"He was like a random guy holding a Kalashnikov. That's all," he said.

A witness quoted by BFM television said he heard rounds of automatic rifle fire and someone shouting "Allahu akbar!" at Le Bataclan, the New York Times reported.

Other witnesses reported six to eight hostage-takers in the concert hall, looking for people hiding inside. A series of gunshots and explosions was heard from inside the concert hall at one point.

Late on Friday night, local time, French police stormed the concert hall. Police said two terrorist suspects had been killed in the raid and that at least 40 concertgoers were dead. Other reports said the death toll at the concert hall may be as high as 100.

Le Bataclan's ground floor is shaped like a horseshoe, and can either have seating or standing room, depending on the act.

There is also an upper tier that runs around the curved edges of the horseshoe, which is where Cazenoves was believed to be hiding when he posted on Facebook. Friends later posted on Facebook that Cazenoves had escaped the theatre alive.

Eagles of Death Metal in a blues-influenced rock band with California roots, formed by friends Jesse Hughes, 43, and Josh Homme, 42. Homme also fronts another rock band, Queens of the Stone Age.

Despite its name, Eagles of Death Metal is not a death metal band. The name was chosen ironically, as the band members imagined a cross between death rockers and the American band The Eagles.

Mary Lou Dorio, the mother of Julian Dorio, the drummer for Eagles of Death Metal, told the Washington Post that her son and other band members managed to escape Le Bataclan when the attack began. Homme was not performing at the event. However, the fate of several crew members remained unknown, she said.

"It was awful," she said, adding that her son was at a local police station, where he was able to call his wife.

The shootings occurred near the former headquarters of Charlie Hebdo, the satirical newspaper where shootings by Islamic militants traumatised France in January.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/paris-attac ... z3rQqfDsvb
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Lord Balto » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Rory » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 pm wrote:Btw.

France beat Germany, 2 - 0. (Yes, they kept playing..)

CNN International (@cnni)
6 mins ago
At least 60 people were killed in #Paris and Stade de France attacks, CNN affiliate BFMTV reports: cnn.it/1WXb7Er

Some weird tweets from Rob Lowe and James Woods, about closing the boarders and somehow blaming Obama. For reals?

That's plank #1 of the 2016 Republican platform: "It's all Obama's fault."
Lord Balto

Postby nashvillebrook » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:29 pm

Now Maddow says her producer has "confirmed" that the whole band is alive and well.

Jeez -- I am so glad there's good news at least for the band. Messed up.
nashvillebrook

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion