Militia seizes federal building in Oregon

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Militia seizes federal building in Oregon

Postby RocketMan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:46 am

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/or-resi ... d-on-fire/

Militia members protesting a federal prison sentence for two Oregon ranchers convicted on charges of setting fire to federal land have occupied the headquarters of a national park, the OregonLive reports.

The protesters include Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s son, Ammon, and two of his brothers. Also among them is Ryan Payne, who organized snipers to aim weapons at federal officers during the Bundy Ranch standoff last year.

They told OregonLive that they are accompanied by about 150 others and are hunkered down at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters. The group is described by reporter Les Zaitz as “hard core militia” who adopted the ranchers’ cause as their own.

“The facility has been the tool to do all the tyranny that has been placed upon the Hammonds,” Ammon Bundy told Zaitz in a phone interview from inside the headquarters. “We’re planning on staying here for years, absolutely. This is not a decision we’ve made at the last minute.”

He would not rule out the possibility of violence.

Authorities have not yet commented on the occupation but Zaitz reports that Oregon State Police, the Harney County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI are involved in the developing situation.

Zaitz also reports that the group plans to seize a Bureau of Land Management fire station in the community of Frenchglen. The fire station is only used during the summer and is currently closed.

The Bundy Ranch standoff was triggered last year when the BLM tried to enforce grazing laws that Cliven Bundy was flouting. Instead of complying, Bundy allowed armed militia to set up camp for a standoff with federal authorities.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Militia seizes federal building in Oregon

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:27 am

What badasses. The fucking Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters and potential plan to overtake a fire station that is only staffed during the summer? Impressive tactical strategy and courage. Just give them the Branch Davidian treatment, seize Bundy's land, sell it and use the proceeds to build a new building. Or hell, don't even go that far. Crowdsource it for the funds to build the new building, put a siege on the general area. No coming or going -- food, fuel, etc. Cut power and telecommunications to the building. Shut off the water. See how long their "prepared to hold out for a year" lasts.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby General Patton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:01 pm

82_28 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:27 am wrote:What badasses. The fucking Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters and potential plan to overtake a fire station that is only staffed during the summer? Impressive tactical strategy and courage. Just give them the Branch Davidian treatment, seize Bundy's land, sell it and use the proceeds to build a new building. Or hell, don't even go that far. Crowdsource it for the funds to build the new building, put a siege on the general area. No coming or going -- food, fuel, etc. Cut power and telecommunications to the building. Shut off the water. See how long their "prepared to hold out for a year" lasts.

The Branch Davidian treatment isn't actually the worst thing you could do. You could just bring in tanks and artillery and level the place. All of the things infantry do in those situations heavy weapons do much better. But if the National Guard isn't shooting BLM protestors for shutting down airports and highways then I doubt they're going to do much to these guys in the middle of nowhere. And considering how much trouble the incompetent Jihadis give them trouble I doubt they'd want to deal with the right wing retaliation either.

Alternatively, they may give them the tax protester treatment and let people come and go from the area so that they can infiltrate them.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby justdrew » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm looking forward to the media referring to them as "Protestors" - please tell me... where are the riot cops and pepper spray?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Obviously, if this was a bunch of radical Muslims, the United States would never, ever negotiate.

...or something. Really, watching Goldfish Bowl Media try to process this one will be the best part of this story. The organism can't digest the input.

Also: I don't think the role of Bundy's kid necessarily means this gets merged into Cliven's thread. Let's see how this shakes out; I'm guessing they'll still be there for a few more days at least.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby justdrew » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:30 pm

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Nordic » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Let's start calling them "terrorists" since they annoy us.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:28 pm

I find the idea of violent aggression against the militia repulsive; however, a blockage to contain them is warranted.

The numbers are evidently less than the 150 initially reported.

If authorities want to force the hand of the militia to end a standoff fast, I recommend bombing them with water from a fire fighting helicopter.

They would be wet and cold and miserable asshats in short order.
PufPuf93

Postby parel » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 pm

parel

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Saw Twitter settle on "Vanilla ISIS" a few hours before I went bowling, but that's a pretty great moniker, too.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Damn, beat me to it, Wombat. Anyway pretty funny.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:28 pm

Or I should say, parel rather.
82_28

Postby Nordic » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Just realized that this will be used for the next week or 2 to completely distract us from something that is actually heinous and awful and that will actually affect a lot of people.

Hm, wonder what ....
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 pm

Nordic » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:58 pm wrote:Just realized that this will be used for the next week or 2 to completely distract us from something that is actually heinous and awful and that will actually affect a lot of people.

Hm, wonder what ....

Agree.

Funny how that works. :whisper:
PufPuf93

Postby Grizzly » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:21 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/ ... ey_county/
Oregon Sheriff: “These men came to Harney County claiming to be part of militia groups supporting local ranchers, when in reality these men had alternative motives to attempt to over throw the county and federal government in hopes to spark a movement across the United States."

The Northwest Front???

hxxp://northwestfront.org/

From the comments:
That's one of the nicest looking neonazi websites I've ever seen.

Scary shit ... This could get ugly...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Next

Return to General Discussion