Real-Time Face Capture and Reenactment

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Real-Time Face Capture and Reenactment

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Give this technology just a little bit more time and it will be HD:

And thanks to 82_28 for hipping me to this Philip K. Dick book on the implications of this same subject:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Penultimate_Truth

…The government and war engine remains on the surface; the elite "Yance-men". Their president, Talbot Yancy, delivers inspirational speeches to the tankers, motivating them to increase their production of leadies and win the war. The war does eventually end. However, the Yance-men design a conspiracy to maintain the wealth of the Earth for themselves. Yancy continues to describe devastation in televised speeches. The tankers continue to produce leadies.

Talbot Yancy is actually a computer generated simulacrum. The Yance-men program him from the "Agency" in New York. They live in immense villas on private parks, called "demesnes". The leadies are actually used by the Yance-men as personal servants and to maintain their estates. The Agency is run by the most vicious and greedy Yance-man, Stanton Brose, who is kept alive by pre-war artificial organs which he hoards.…
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Real-Time Face Capture and Reenactment

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:10 pm

What a boon to plausible deniability this will be! :jumping:
tapitsbo

Postby Grizzly » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Relax...

" There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to — The Outer Limits.
— Opening narration, The Control Voice, 1960s "
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby DrEvil » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Skip to the 40 minute mark on this Twitch stream for a very impressive take on a real-time virtual actor:
https://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/v/54786271

A few years ago this stuff would have taken hours or days to render, now it's real time and rendered on the fly by a gaming rig (a really expensive one, but still). :shock:

Here's the dev diary:
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Grizzly » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:32 am

Can did, anyone get the twitch vid to play?

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby backtoiam » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:45 am

not me
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby DrEvil » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:07 am

Works fine for me, but it's an eight hour video.

Anyway - it's this trailer being shown at GDC (Game Developers Conference) for a live audience, with the character being played in real time by an actress wearing a face capture rig. After the trailer the virtual character talks to the presenter and sings a bit of a 'Frozen' song.

"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby 82_28 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:07 am

tapitsbo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:10 pm wrote:What a boon to plausible deniability this will be! :jumping:

Totally. I just saw some clip on Colbert of drumpf and since I had seen that which Luther posted earlier I totally immediately wondered if it was real. :shock:
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Grizzly » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:06 am

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby 82_28 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:55 am

Have fun, friends. :shock:

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Return to General Discussion