Hillary Clinton is Seriously Dangerous

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hillary Clinton is Seriously Dangerous

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:18 pm

^^^
I'm rooting for her selection of Bill for VP, ala 'House of Cards'. Would def. get her votes and he could begin making plans to re-claim the presidency.

It might be unconstitutional, but who cares anymore? :shrug:
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 am

Hours Before Hillary Clinton’s VP Decision, Likely Pick Tim Kaine Praises the TPP
Zaid Jilani
July 21 2016, 6:02 p.m.

HILLARY CLINTON’S RUMORED vice presidential pick Sen. Tim Kaine defended his vote for fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) on Thursday.

Kaine, who spoke to The Intercept after an event at a Northern Virginia mosque, praised the agreement as an improvement of the status quo, but maintained that he had not yet decided how to vote on final approval of the agreement. By contrast, Hillary Clinton has qualified her previous encouragement of the agreement, and now says she opposes it.

Kaine’s measured praise of the agreement could signal one of two things. Either he is out of the running for the vice presidential spot, as his position on this major issue stands in opposition to hers. Or, by picking him, Clinton is signaling that her newly declared opposition to the agreement is not sincere. The latter explanation would confirm the theory offered by U.S. Chamber of Commerce head Tom Donohue, among others, who has said that Clinton is campaigning against the TPP for political reasons but would ultimately implement the deal.

With only hours to go before Clinton announced her pick, Kaine was unabashed in defending his vote. “Fast track was to give President Obama the same tools to negotiate a trade deal that every president since Gerald Ford has had, and of course I voted for that,” Kaine said. “Why would I not give to this president the same tools to negotiate a trade deal that other presidents have had?”

Fast track powers allow the president to submit the agreement to Congress for an up or down vote without any changes. Fast track was widely viewed as necessary for assuring final passage of the agreement, and few Democrats supported authorizing those powers for Obama for the TPP. Only 28 House Democrats and 13 Senate Democrats voted in favor of fast track.

Kaine explained that now that the final agreement has been reached in international negotiations, he is weighing whether or not to vote for it.

“I am having discussions with groups around Virginia about the treaty itself. I see much in it to like. I think it’s an upgrade of labor standards. I think it’s an upgrade of environmental standards, I think it’s an upgrade in intellectual property protections,” he explained. “I do see at least right now that there is one element that I do have some very significant concerns about. And that is the dispute resolution mechanism. And I’ve got a lot of concerns about that. So I have no idea about when a vote would be because the majority will make that decision. And I’m not in the majority. But long before there would be a vote on that I’m trying to climb the learning curve on the areas where I have questions. So again, much of it I see I think as a significant improvement over the status quo. The dispute resolution mechanism I still have some significant concerns about.”

The dispute resolution provisions Kaine is referring to would expand the corporate right to sue governments over alleged violations of the TPP. Many fear that it infringes on national sovereignty.

Kaine’s praise of the TPP’s expansion of intellectual property rights stands in opposition to concerns from many that the agreement will expand patent monopolies over life-saving drugs. The medical charity group Doctors Without Borders has warned that TPP provisions would make some pharmaceutical drugs too expensive for the world’s poor.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:04 am

Tim Kaine Calls To Deregulate Banks As He Campaigns To Be Clinton’s VP
Who needs consumer protections when we have all these job creators?

WASHINGTON ― Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) is on Hillary Clinton’s short list of potential vice presidential nominees. He’s also actively pushing bank deregulation this week as he campaigns for the job.

Kaine signed two letters on Monday urging federal regulators to go easy on banks ― one to help big banks dodge risk management rules, and another to help small banks avoid consumer protection standards.

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton is believed to be weighing Kaine among a handful of other potential VP choices. Her pick is widely viewed in Washington as a sign of her governing intentions. The former secretary of state has spent weeks attempting to woo progressive supporters of vanquished primary challenger Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). Choosing from one of the handful of names on her short list ― Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) or Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), for instance ― would signal that her camp is taking progressive concerns seriously.

Kaine, by contrast, is setting himself up as a figure willing to do battle with the progressive wing of the party. He has championed the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal that both Sanders and Warren oppose, and he is now publicly siding with bank deregulation advocates at the height of Clinton’s veepstakes.

The big bank letter would help major firms including Capital One, PNC Bank and U.S. Bank, all of which control hundreds of billions of dollars in assets. Such large “regional banks,” Kaine writes, are being discriminated against based solely on the fact that they are so big.

In a letter to Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, Comptroller of the Currency Thomas Curry and FDIC Chair Martin Gruenberg, Kaine argues that it is unfair for these large banks to be required to calculate and report their liquidity ― a critical measure of risk ― on a daily basis. Kaine wants to change that reporting to once a month. Kaine, along with Sens. Mark Warner (D-Va.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.) and Robert Casey (D-Pa.), argues that bigger banks don’t necessarily carry bigger risks, and thus shouldn’t face more aggressive oversight.

“This distinction is applied unevenly across regional institutions despite similar risk profiles, simply by virtue of an asset threshold,” the letter reads. Translation: just because they’re big, doesn’t mean they should be regulated more closely.

Kaine and his coauthors do draw an exception to this principle for “systemically important” banks ― a term that usually means the six largest banks in the country: JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo and Citigroup. These should be regulated closely. Firms controlling over $400 billion, not so much.

On the small bank side, Kaine pressed Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Richard Cordray to exempt “community banks and credit unions” from new rules. Doing so would leave these institutions, which include banks with up to $10 billion in assets, more lightly regulated than they were before the financial crisis. The letter, sent on Monday, was signed by 69 other senators.

Small banks were not, for the most part, involved in the subprime mortgage crisis. But many commit other consumer protection abuses. These violations do not spark massive financial downturns, but they can be real problems for the households that get ripped off.

As Kaine joins the deregulatory fight, several other lawmakers are pushing the CFPB in the opposite direction. On Wednesday, 28 senators sent a letter to the agency urging them to toughen up their new rule against abusive payday lending. Kaine didn’t sign it.

A spokesperson for Kaine told HuffPost that Kaine is working on his own separate “Virginia-focused” letter on payday lending in support of the CFPB rule that he hopes will come out before the election.

This article has been updated with additional information about Kaine’s work on the CFPB payday lending rule.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Luther Blissett

Postby Novem5er » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Novem5er

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:28 am

Breaking headline news everywhere

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... on-sanders

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/ ... index.html

This, the funny business with the FBI investigation, picking a hawk wall street corporatist as vp...not good for the Clinton chances
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Luther Blissett » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:58 am

What a fuck you to poor and working class people around the world and for people of color. Simultaneously fear monger while pushing the neoliberal agenda even further to the right. Is she trying to pick up the conservative vote? I somehow doubt they'd ever fall for it given their widespread disdain for her.

I understand that it's a game, or entertainment, but this doesn't feel very entertaining anymore.
Luther Blissett

Postby Novem5er » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Hillary's new campaign slogan is "What, you want Trump to win?"

Kaine is not bad pick for bergouis Democrats. I have nothing specific against him. He's certainly a middle-of-the road pick, which means he's a big middle finger to the millions of Bernie supporters who hoped to push the party towards a more progressive agenda. Now, the Democrat party platform has been pushed more Left, but if there's nobody in office to follow up with that, what's the point?
Novem5er

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Man that guy hits the bottle hard. Just about the only thing that makes me want to vote for him.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby fruhmenschen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:27 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Hillary-Vince-st ... 8&qid=&sr=

See all 2 images
Hillary and Vince: a story of love, death, and cover-up Paperback – June 19, 2016
by Dean W. Arnold (Author)
4.6 out 5 stars

the death by gunshot of Hillary Clinton’s lover, lawyer, and best friend in 1993 was the highest suspicious death of a government official since JFK. Deputy White House Counsel Vince Foster handled the Clinton’s most secretive matters and hired investigators to track down and threaten dozens of women sleeping with Bill. Among the many very questionable items in the investigation of Vince Foster's death are the following: The coroner’s report says x-rays were taken, but the he testified to Senators none were taken. When a paramedic approached Foster’s body, he saw men running away into the woods. The first person to find Foster’s body guarded the entrance to the CIA. Hillary testified she did not see Foster during the month before his death. A staffer testified she was in Foster's office at least four times.
fruhmenschen

Postby Nordic » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 am

fruhmenschen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:27 pm wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Hillary-Vince-story-death-cover-up/dp/0692744878/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

See all 2 images
Hillary and Vince: a story of love, death, and cover-up Paperback – June 19, 2016
4.6 out 5 stars

the death by gunshot of Hillary Clinton’s lover, lawyer, and best friend in 1993 was the highest suspicious death of a government official since JFK. Deputy White House Counsel Vince Foster handled the Clinton’s most secretive matters and hired investigators to track down and threaten dozens of women sleeping with Bill. Among the many very questionable items in the investigation of Vince Foster's death are the following: The coroner’s report says x-rays were taken, but the he testified to Senators none were taken. When a paramedic approached Foster’s body, he saw men running away into the woods. The first person to find Foster’s body guarded the entrance to the CIA. Hillary testified she did not see Foster during the month before his death. A staffer testified she was in Foster's office at least four times.

"Gosh quit being such a misogynist!"
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby RocketMan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:52 am

Nordic » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:03 am wrote:
fruhmenschen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:27 pm wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Hillary-Vince-story-death-cover-up/dp/0692744878/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

See all 2 images
4.6 out 5 stars

"Gosh quit being such a misogynist!"

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Though that's not really even a quote joke unquote... That's actually a reaction someone could really have. :doh:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:28 am

Clinton will not win
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby backtoiam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:48 am

duplicate deleated
Last edited by backtoiam on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby backtoiam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:49 am

I guarantee you there is a hell of a lot more people that are concerned about whether or not their children will have a decent job instead of all this gender stuff because the gender stuff only affects about 5% of the population and I am being generous at best by saying 5%. We are being trolled with this, I am being generous by using the word 'trolled'
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion