Panama Papers

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Panama Papers

Postby smiths » Sun May 08, 2016 9:57 am

the so-called “John Doe” behind the biggest information leak in history cites the need for better whistleblower protection and has hinted at even more revelations to come

tick, tock ...

still waiting, for even 1 genuine scandal and shitstorm from the so-called biggest leak ever
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 08, 2016 11:14 am

I guess the roughing up of Cameron, the exposure of Macri, and the resigation of the PM and political turn in Iceland are nothing to you. And hey, what's a mere mminister in the Spanish government?

It's easy when you discount anything that happens as irrelevant, based on some unspecified standard of what would constitute a scandal (I guess nothing short of photos of Trump and Clinton in a money bath with Soros and the Koch Brothers, or Cheney confessing he did 9/11, or perhaps an instantaneous world Bolshevik revolution, otherwise the whole thing is fake and irrelevant).

You won't have long to wait to discount a whole bunch more. Tomorrow morning you can start discounting like crazy!

Source: Business Insider

The huge 'Panama Papers' data dump is about to drop

Lianna Brinded
May 8, 2016, 5:08 PM

The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists is publishing a huge database about how some of the world’s wealthiest and most powerful people hide their cash — dubbed the “Panama Papers.”

On Monday May 9, anyone in the world will be able to have scour through a database of 200,000 companies, trusts, foundations, and funds incorporated in 21 tax havens to see where the world’s richest people squirrel away their wealth in order to pay as little tax as possible.

The findings of the so-called Panama Papers investigation were unveiled at the beginning of April. Over 11 million documents held by the Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca had been leaked to the German newspaper Suddeutsche Zeitung. The paper shared the information with the ICIJ, which is made up of 107 media organisations in 78 countries. The global news outlets examined 28,000 pages of documents, also revealing the full scale of the tax breaks won by 340 companies.

The details of the investigation have already claimed the scalp of Spain’s acting industry minister Jose Manuel Soria and Icelandic Prime Minister Sigmundur David Gunnlaugsson — each of whom stepped down because of activities exposed by the Panama Papers documents.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/panam ... ive-2016-5

Best strategy is not to track any of it and occasionally drop in here to say nothing's happened.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Saudi king finances Netanyahu, says Labour party leader on basis of Panama Papers leak. $80 million offshore deposit. I mean who didn't know Saudi Arabia and Israel are the hidden and probably central axis-of-evil in the region, right? How do these mere details help?

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/pa ... -campaign/

Panama Papers Data Leak : King of Saudi Arabia sponsored Netanyahu’s campaign

By Zen Adra - 08/05/2016

Isaac Herzog, member of the Knesset and Chairman of the Israeli Labor party, revealed that Saudi king Salman bin Abdulaziz financed the election campaign of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu. “In March 2015, King Salman has deposited eighty million dollars to support Netanyahu’s campaign via a Syrian-Spanish person named Mohamed Eyad Kayali. The money was deposited to a company’s account in British Virgin Islands owned by Teddy Sagi, an Israeli billionaire and businessman, who has allocated the money to fund the campaign Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu”, Herzog cited a leaked Panama Paper.

Related Panama Papers can be found in the following links:

http://panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de/en/

https://panamapapers.icij.org/the_power_players/

http://bit.ly/1UJkMS4

http://www.freezepage.com/1462699031QTMVBVWSWT

http://www.talniri.co.il/marketnews/art ... 4&id=76320

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/pa ... -campaign/
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun May 08, 2016 10:24 pm

maybe the Panama Papers will give evidence in the 9/11 crime
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 08, 2016 10:26 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun May 08, 2016 9:24 pm wrote:maybe the Panama Papers will give evidence in the 9/11 crime

This time I think you're joking?

The money for that would be like a needle... in the ocean.

Besides, 28 pages, right. Any minute now. Tick, tock, tick tock...

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun May 08, 2016 10:40 pm

you got me...forgot my green pen

love to see King of Saudi Arabia sponsoring Netanyahu though

maybe we'll see who sponsoring Zelikow

or where Zakheim stashed the 3 trillion
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:07 am

I'm just pissed it stole my last name!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby smiths » Mon May 09, 2016 7:31 am

I "occasionally drop in" eh Jack?

So I therefore lose the right to voice an opinion? I didn't realize that a poster had to post a certain number of times each week here to voice an opinion.

Could you let me know what the quota is so i know when i have earned the right to have a voice at RI?

It would be unfortunate if you cultivated an us and them feeling here wouldn't it? an in group and the outsiders?

You wouldn't want that would you?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

... and, oh yes "the roughing up of Cameron, the exposure of Macri, and the resigation of the PM and political turn in Iceland"

i had to laugh, the overwhelming scale and destruction of the roughing up, and the "turn" in Iceland, and poor old Macri gone? oh, not gone? oh
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:00 am

Now now gents. It is only a discussion. However, I am detecting a dangerous amount of animosity in the force. Not just here. Everywhere. People used to never use their horn in Seattle other than to give a warning or something, but now there is some sort of anger welling up and I am definitely detecting it. I had some lyft driver yell at me the other day about how to cross the street. I had the walk sign and she had to press the pedal to the metal before I crossed. I didn't say nothin' but it did make me laugh about the unneeded anger. It's only gonna get worse. Let us not make it worse here. :sun:
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon May 09, 2016 8:27 am

smiths » Sun May 08, 2016 8:57 am wrote:
the so-called “John Doe” behind the biggest information leak in history cites the need for better whistleblower protection and has hinted at even more revelations to come

tick, tock ...

still waiting, for even 1 genuine scandal and shitstorm from the so-called biggest leak ever

Tomorrow...the sun will come out tomorrow ..tomorrow ...tomorrow..only a day away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Mon May 09, 2016 8:45 am

smiths » Mon May 09, 2016 6:31 am wrote:I "occasionally drop in" eh Jack?

So I therefore lose the right to voice an opinion? I didn't realize that a poster had to post a certain number of times each week here to voice an opinion.

Sorry about any misunderstanding, I certainly didn't mean it remotely the way you are interpreting it. I'm talking about your attitude to this story, wherein you don't seem particularly interesed in being informed about it but just to dismiss it with a sneer that it hasn't performed some magic that would satisfy you. If Macri, Cameron and for that matter Netanyahu and the Saudi king are still in office, that is not the fault of the Panama Papers leaker or the stories that have resulted so far.

JackRiddler

Postby cptmarginal » Mon May 09, 2016 9:51 am

The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Mon May 09, 2016 2:15 pm

No surprises here:

cptmarginal

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:12 pm

^^^^^WTF? Context please. Jesus, do I have to change distros again?
82_28

Postby cptmarginal » Mon May 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Check the address in the screengrab :)

I was just pointing out that the ICIJ site crashed immediately after 2:00 PM EST

It's back up now - I downloaded the data via the provided torrent file but am now wondering why the extracted file size only comes out to 200 MB....

The ICIJ insists that Monday's online database is not be a data dump of the kind used by the Wikileaks organisation.

The ICIJ said: "The database will not include records of bank accounts and financial transactions, emails and other correspondence, passports and telephone numbers. The selected and limited information is being published in the public interest."

The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion