PRINCE

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: PRINCE

Postby Burnt Hill » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:51 pm

KUAN » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:10 am wrote:I've never been a Prince fan but I do admire his talent.
Came across this vid which talks about the J.W thing. It's entertaining

That was entertaining, Kevin Smith is a good story teller.
It was also kind of sad though.
Burnt Hill

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sounder » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Why sad? Because we can see here that PRINCE is clearly nuts?

Well let me tell you something sonny, normal people do not make the world go round, much as they like to think they make it spin. No, it is the people that are nuts who force inconvenient truths into the open. They are often wrong and crazy, but they make the world turn. :wink
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby vince » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:10 pm

KUAN » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:10 am wrote:I've never been a Prince fan but I do admire his talent.

Kev's made a new vid, wishing he could've seen Prince one last time... quite touching.
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Morty » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:08 pm

KUAN » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:10 pm wrote:I've never been a Prince fan but I do admire his talent.

I'm sorry, Silent Bob, Prince may not have thanked you for all your efforts, thus making it completely cool for you to stand in front of your adoring fans and spend half an hour telling them (in a well-rehearsed "impromptu" response to a "random" question from the audience) all about Prince's foibles, but you're still a ratfucker for doing it.

That said, it was interesting to see that Prince perhaps may have had some kind of deep mistrust of white people (possibly limited to views about white exploitation of black music and musical talent?), yet he was ever so enamoured with the white man religion...
Morty

Postby 82_28 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Yes yes, I have the news on. But now the story of him dying in an elevator has evolved into him dying in his home. Initial reports had him being found dead in an elevator. I guess he could have had his own elevator and that would count as his house. I guess. I have a bad habit of picking up on changing narratives.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby zangtang » Mon May 02, 2016 12:37 pm

changing narratives is how you catch the bits that get thru the net.

remember the haze about whether there was, or was not, anybody else in the flat when Heath Ledger was 'found' ?
zangtang

Postby chump » Mon May 02, 2016 1:54 pm

My apologies if these have been posted

Prince was pronounced dead after Police found him unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park compound in Minneapolis.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/prince-elev ... c-records/

By Rebecca Lee CBS News April 22, 2016, 2:06 PM
What did the "elevator" mean to Prince?

Music icon Prince was pronounced dead shortly after being found unresponsive in an elevator in his Paisley Park compound in Minneapolis.

That detail is haunting fans who point to the bizarre connection to a line in his hit song, "Let's Go Crazy," in which he sings, "Are we gonna let the elevator bring us down? Oh, no, let's go." But for music producer L.A. Reid, the "spooky" coincidence also reminds him of one conversation he had with the late artist.

"One time I was with him privately and he said, 'You know what the elevator is right?'" Reid recalled. "He said. 'Well, the elevator is the devil...' And so for me it was like really haunting when I read that he was found in an elevator."

------------------------------------------------

Prince's {Purple One's) compound was apparently a "hot spot" for the Paisley Park police department:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2617875
Prince’s Paisley Park a hot spot for police as mentally ill fans, false alarms prompted over 40 trips in past five years

Paisley Park was a frequent stop for police responding to 911 calls at Prince’s Minnesota complex, according to documents released Thursday.

Police also won a request Thursday to keep the details of their search warrant — executed April 21 shortly after Prince died — sealed from the public while their investigation continues.

Carver County authorities made more than 40 visits sparked by 911 calls from the iconic musician’s Chanhassen home in the past five years — usually to scoop up emotionally disturbed women who had wandered onto the property.

Prince was also once the victim of “swatting,” when online pranksters fake an emergency to send cops and first responders rushing to an address.

The Carver County Sheriff’s office released the 911 call history Thursday along with its request to seal its search warrant of Purple One’s home...

:tongout
chump

Postby Jerky » Tue May 03, 2016 3:50 am

I suppose the Elevator = The Devil idea could have some standing as a theological position, if one were to break it down thusly:

The Elevator. The One Who Elevates according to His Will, therefore exalting some (those whom He elevates) while leaving others to suffer in a debased or suffering state.

The Elevator, in this Princean Theology, would be the one responsible for such obvious unworthies as Trump, the Bush Crime Family and other ensconced, hereditary, multi-generational elites live "elevated" lives of idle leisure and comfort, while others toil for wages in order to equip themselves with the basics of survival (shelter, food, clothing).

In other words, the Elevator is the (Biblical) Lord of This World: Satan.

So when Prince asks "Are we going to let the Elevator bring us down?", what he might truly be asking us is, just because a handful of evil, anti-human, Moloch-worshiping elites have been placed, almost as though by magic (I mean, how else could they ALL be so evil?) in positions of near-absolute mastery over our "civilizational control apparat" (i.e. the global financial system, media and information control, arts creation and dissemination)... does that mean us little people down at the bottom have got to give up on our lives, entirely? That we aren't going to make music - or make love - anymore?

Hell no! LET'S GET CRAZY!

And to that, I say... AMEN!

Cheers!
yer old pal Jerky
Jerky

Postby RocketMan » Tue May 03, 2016 6:19 am

The elevator represented a portal to hell in the excellent movie Angel Heart as well....

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Sounder » Tue May 03, 2016 6:53 am

Thanks jerky, yours seems to be an economical and efficient analysis.

Lets get CRAZY, don't let those external impositions bring you down, counter it with inside-out thinking. :angelwings:
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Jerky » Tue May 03, 2016 7:49 am

Thank you, Sounder. I ended up elaborating on my off-hand comment in this blog post:

http://dailydirtdiaspora.blogspot.ca/20 ... devil.html

Jerky
Jerky

Postby brekin » Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Perhaps Prince's Elevator is an inverted Jacob's Ladder or Ladder of Divine Ascent?
With most "stairways to heaven" it is assumed there is a gradation toward divinity, transcendence by ones laborious ascent based on purity, devoutness, etc.
An elevator mechanizes this and there is no labor involved, one simply pushes a button to ascend or descend. One can be in the penthouse or boiler room within moments, and back again.

Seems like JW's are very hierarchical in structure:

Disagreement with the Watch Tower Society's concept of God's organization figured prominently in events that led to a 1980 purge of high-level members at the religion's Brooklyn headquarters. A summary by a Governing Body committee of "wrong teachings" being promoted as "new understandings" included the suggestion that God did not have an organization on earth.[56] Former Governing Body member Raymond Franz, who was expelled as part of the purge, subsequently criticized the Watch Tower concept of organization,[57] claiming the concept—which posits that God does not deal with individuals apart from an organization—has no scriptural support and serves only to reinforce the religion's authority structure, with its strong emphasis on human authority.[58] He also claimed that The Watchtower has repeatedly blurred discussions of both Jesus Christ's loyalty to God and the apostles' loyalty to Christ to promote the view that Witnesses should be loyal to the Watch Tower Society.[59] Sociologist Andrew Holden has observed that Witnesses see no distinction between loyalty to Jehovah and to the movement itself,[60] and other researchers have claimed that challenging the views of those higher up the hierarchical ladder is regarded as tantamount to challenging God himself.[61]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%2 ... es_beliefs

Perhaps the elevator reference (and who knows how much it really played into Prince's belief system or actual death) was a recognition/displacement/conflict of Princes own iconoclastic path and experimental character vis a vis being a very shy person with some seemingly conservative beliefs?

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Cordelia » Tue May 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Damn, I just found a Jehovah's Witness brochure in my door (really). I've decided the next time they visit, I'll listen (for a few minutes); maybe they'll say something interesting about Prince or elevators. Or even convert me. :wallhead: missed opportunity.
Cordelia

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 03, 2016 4:54 pm

^^^^ After they knock the next time, greet them by saying, "Allahu Akbar!"

:partydance:
Iamwhomiam

Postby NaturalMystik » Tue May 03, 2016 5:11 pm

Well typed Jerky...
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion