CIA Mistakenly Destroyed Only Copy of the Torture Report

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: CIA Mistakenly Destroyed Only Copy of the Torture Report

Postby NeonLX » Wed May 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Pele'sDaughter » Wed May 18, 2016 3:35 pm wrote:Yep, I had also seen him on FB. Awhile back he was having trouble getting his passport and was stuck in Peru. Several members we knew have passed away.

I may have to return to that forum via the internet's WABAC machine.

I saw where Trausti posted about his difficulty returning to Iceland. What a crock.

Too bad some of the old members are gone. That was a glorious bunch. A lot like this place!
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 82_28 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Pele'sDaughter » Wed May 18, 2016 4:32 am wrote:
NeonLX » Tue May 17, 2016 10:18 am wrote:
Pele'sDaughter » Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 am wrote:
Don't know why you made that sarcastic.

Because I don't believe for one nanosecond that it's incompetence or that it's unintentional.

Oops, as usual, I missed the point. I happen to agree with you. Of course it's fully intentional.

Believe it or not, it ain't easy being the village idiot in this place.

I've known you for longer than you realize (WRH, Trausti ring a bell?) and you're far from being an idiot. You're a treasure and someone I would love to meet in person some day. :hug1:

While this Trausti would definitely ring no bells for me, NeonLX is indeed a treasure. Though I have never met him irl, he is one of the kindest people you could ever meet. In my opinion he is so empathic that he feels bad for shit he didn't do. NeonLX is someone that has his Internet persona, his personality comes across online which is semi-rare. Sounds stoopit but I actually love the guy.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Thu May 19, 2016 8:33 am

:thumbsup :lovehearts:
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu May 19, 2016 12:50 pm

True enough, 82. NeonLX's empathy is apparent and he's quite a lovable guy.
Iamwhomiam

Postby NeonLX » Thu May 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I do tend to wear my empathy on my sleeve. This is a "weakness" I inherited from both my mom (who would have enjoyed the hell out of RI) and my stepdad, who was always willing to drop everything to help someone out. I was raised right, in other words.

I love you guys too. And that's a fundamental fact. I'm blessed to have such wonderful friends, even if they are accessibly only via the internet router.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion