2016/2017 = MOST RI Meta Period Since Ever

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

2016/2017 = MOST RI Meta Period Since Ever

Postby 8bitagent » Wed May 18, 2016 3:00 am

In 2005 when I first stumbled across Jeff Well's RI blog, it literally scared the crap out of me. It was just hard to handle for my then blue-pilled mind.
But did we ever think we'd get to this bizarre crossroads in America and the world?

- 9/11 has been blown wide open. Call it a limited hangout, but "Saudi Arabia was behind 9/11" is pretty much one of the biggest stories right now in the mainstream. And where
there is Saudi Arabia, there is the CIA, Israel and pakistan

- The biggest death and chaos on the planet has happened in the last few years with Syria, Mexico, Libya, Iraq, Ukraine, ect

- Never before have we been so close to a literal hot war with Russia, China, and North Korea

- The pedo elite network is being exposed. Be it Bush speaker of the house Haster(ie: 2nd in command from Bush), Clinton and Epstein, 80's UK Parliament, cats out of the bag.

- The government says we're on the road to economic recovery, but others say we're closer to 1929 than we've ever been

- Google DARPA terminator robots now are in warehouses and patrolling Silicon valley firms, and it's only the beginning

- A crazy Alex Jones guest is on track to become president(and sadly all the fash alt right/tea party gun nuts he is bringing)

- Hillary Clinton, for all her woes, says UFO information will be revealed

- Face transplants are routine, only a few years away from brain transplants

- Technology in the 2000's was stagnant, but the next five years of technology( e-paper, wearable tech, true VR, hyperloop, self driving cars) will be insane

Either way, buckle the hell up
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 2016/2017 = MOST RI Meta Period Since Ever

Postby Nordic » Wed May 18, 2016 5:43 am

Don't forget the first penis transplant just occurred.

And a girl committed suicide live, on Periscope.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 8bitagent » Wed May 18, 2016 6:02 am

Nordic » Wed May 18, 2016 4:43 am wrote:Don't forget the first penis transplant just occurred.

Yeah suicide is out of control across the spectrum. I wrestle with it, as I believe in a person's right to choose, but hearing of young women victims of rape in Europe legally assisted in suicide bothers me.

I feel a very deep psychic schism happening right now, which i feared last year. You're going to see an extreme amount of violence and unrest from both the left and right this year, further clouding the zeitgeist
Also I don't recall ever reading about so much blatant baiting by Russia, China and North Korea military wise with the US and NATO. I feel shit's gonna get dark quick if people don't find their humanity
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Wed May 18, 2016 8:25 am

I feel it will get even more "interesting" as we approach the end of one of the grand cycles of the universe and our tiny spot in it. Science knows about these cycles and we, for instance, see that 12,000 year figure popping up constantly due to the fallen remnants of once great civilizations that we have found. There are, no doubt, even greater cycles (wheels within wheels) that we have not imagined in the current day, because there seems nothing concrete that we can point to as evidence. We also don't exactly see ourselves as an organic part of these cycles, because we don't understand that everything is connected fundamentally and intertwined in this grand dance of the cosmos. The yugas come to mind here.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby divideandconquer » Wed May 18, 2016 10:16 am

8bitagent » Wed May 18, 2016 6:02 am wrote:
Nordic » Wed May 18, 2016 4:43 am wrote:Don't forget the first penis transplant just occurred.

Yeah suicide is out of control across the spectrum. I wrestle with it, as I believe in a person's right to choose, but hearing of young women victims of rape in Europe legally assisted in suicide bothers me.

I feel a very deep psychic schism happening right now, which i feared last year. You're going to see an extreme amount of violence and unrest from both the left and right this year, further clouding the zeitgeist
Also I don't recall ever reading about so much blatant baiting by Russia, China and North Korea military wise with the US and NATO. I feel shit's gonna get dark quick if people don't find their humanity

I think all of this "revelation" schism, and technology overload functions purely to, as you said, "further cloud the zeitgeist," smoke and mirrors the likes of which we've never seen, in order to further their hegemonic, diabolical agenda and to ensure we do not find our humanity. People will continue to see most of these markedly unusual events and change occurring free from any overall plan or dare I say it, conspiracy. They will continue to believe in and serve the masters of this organized chaos that will eventually transform their lives into a living hell if it hasn't already.

For instance:

It doesn't matter how many high ranking officials are outed as pedos, people will never see the pedophocracy...as pedophilia is normalized, it will be seen as no bigger deal than a politician's affair.
It doesn't matter if Saudi Arabia is outed as being behind 9/11, people will never connect the US, Israel, or any other western power as being ultimately responsible or that Saudi Arabia is being scapegoated/sacrificed to cover their asses.
It doesn't matter that the biggest death and chaos on the planet has happened in the last few years, people will continue to think we're evolving, becoming more civilized...and on and on and on.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby norton ash » Wed May 18, 2016 10:23 am

The general public now knows and fatalistically accepts that we're being monitored online and on the phone.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby divideandconquer » Wed May 18, 2016 11:02 am

norton ash » Wed May 18, 2016 10:23 am wrote:The general public now knows and fatalistically accepts that we're being monitored online and on the phone.

Yes, but mostly with an I-have-nothing-to-worry-about-because-I-have-nothing-to-hide attitude, and it hasn't changed most people's behavior. I don't have a smart phone and I don't use Facebook or anything like that, but I still post online--mostly here--use email, etc,. so I include myself.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby kelley » Wed May 18, 2016 11:44 am

one of the most telling comments recently here at RI was made by wombaticus. he observed the 2016 election cycle in the US washes tech money for the ruling class, and there's presently no room in the club for new members until legacy beaks are properly wet. i don't read that as an oversimplification, but rather as a multivalent statement of fact so obvious as to be nearly overlooked.

this is linked to the legacy of glass-stegall which the clintons carry forward. until the first tech bubble burst in the spring of 2001, bill's presidency was distinguished by a 'rational' model of neo-modernist production and consumption which had the potential, lacking the soviet threat, to dwarf the prosperity of the eisenhower years. call this emblematic of 'the third way', but that burgeoning dot-com boom threatened control of the old economy of scarcity, with the notion of ideas becoming currency in ways that terrified transnational ruling classes. this is still not fully understood today, even if the events of 9/11 and those following it made such fears and the reaction to them quite explicit-- suffice to say recently lip service is paid to the recognition that criminality stifles innovation, and leave it at that.

this week, i'm reading don delillo's new novel, 'zero k'. it's the story of a billionaire's investment in biotechnology that promises immortality. does scoffing at advanced cryogenics and the awakening to a new world simply make one a either sociopath or luddite, based as the question is on an assessment of personal means? the skepticism is intriguing, especially in light of the dust jacket that introduced delillo's 1997 opus 'underworld' to its readership, designed with the silhouette of a diving bird framed by nyc's twin towers shrouded in a darkening gloom.

there's more here to discuss, for sure.
Last edited by kelley on Wed May 18, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kelley

Postby brekin » Wed May 18, 2016 12:29 pm

I have to agree with divideandconquerer's take that basically revelations coming everyday but no overall enlightenment. Never have there been so many little routes to the truth and yet so many ways to avoid and be diverted from it. I think the big thing that I think about, and experience, is that life now presents unimaginable experiences for the common person that use to be exceptional circumstances in plots of novels and movies (think how much the internet has changed working, dating, education, the news, entertainment, sexuality, politics, etc) and this constant disruption I think makes people strangely resistant to too much change, too much questioning, of traditional structures because the fact is even your basic and tame conspiracies seemed to be mostly known about and approved at some level because it is not just systemic, but the system, going all they way back to when Jesus got his first pair of new sandals. People want the technology of sci-fi dystopians but not the dystopian social costs, but strangely the technology only seems to accelerate those social costs. And this isn't new, its just these are the days of lasers in the jungle, lasers in the jungle somewhere. Staccato signals of constant information, a loose affiliation of millionaires and billionaires, and baby don't cry...

The Boy In The Bubble

It was a slow day
And the sun was beating
On the soldiers by the side of the road
There was a bright light
A shattering of shopwindows
The bomb in the baby carriage
Was wired to the radio

These are the days of miracle and wonder
This is the long-distance call
The way the camera follows us in slo-mo
The way we look to us all
The way we look to a distant constellation
That’s dying in a corner of the sky
And don’t cry baby don’t cry
Don’t cry

It was a dry wind
And it swept across the desert
And it curled into the circle of birth
And the dead sand
Falling on the children
The mothers and the fathers
And the automatic earth

The way we look to us all
That’s dying in the corner of the sky
Don’t cry

It’s a turnaround jump shot
It’s everybody jumpstart
It’s every generation throws a hero up the pop charts
Medicine is magical and magical is art
Thinking of the Boy in the Bubble
And the baby with the baboon heart

And I believe
These are the days of lasers in the jungle
Lasers in the jungle somewhere
Staccato signals of constant information
a loose affiliation of millionaires
And billionaires, and baby

The way we look to us all, oh yeah
That’s dying in a corner of the sky
Don’t cry, don’t cry
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby NeonLX » Wed May 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Meh. Revelations. People in power be bad and shit. Whatchoo gonna do?

Pass me the sports page if you are done with it.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed May 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Just curious - I'm 35 - are you far younger than me?

A lot of the phasing here makes me wonder if you were switched on in the mid-1990's.

America is going through a weird chapter but we have survived far weirder in the past century alone.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Sounder » Wed May 18, 2016 5:48 pm

Yeah, WTF, things have always been weird. I mean, going way back.

Thanks for the Paul Simon though.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby 82_28 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the new DeLillo book, kelley.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby brekin » Wed May 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Wed May 18, 2016 4:26 pm wrote:Just curious - I'm 35 - are you far younger than me?
A lot of the phasing here makes me wonder if you were switched on in the mid-1990's.
America is going through a weird chapter but we have survived far weirder in the past century alone.

Sounder wrote:Yeah, WTF, things have always been weird. I mean, going way back.
Thanks for the Paul Simon though.

Am I the one being carbon dated because of my idiolect, or 8bitagent?
(Parenthetically, I'd say we've gone through tougher, but weirder, I don't know.)

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed May 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Oh, I was speaking to the OP, sorry for not being clear.

This, for instance:

The biggest death and chaos on the planet has happened in the last few years with Syria, Mexico, Libya, Iraq, Ukraine, ect

Put beer out my nose. I'm no Stephen Pinker, but we've got precedents that put our current slaughter spectacle into perspective.

"Buck up, old chap - things have been exponentially worse!" I suppose this is what passes for optimism in these waters.

- Never before have we been so close to a literal hot war with Russia, China, and North Korea

Even putting aside the history -- China? Our biggest trading partner by volume? Arf?

That kinda thing. Yeah.
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion