Missing Egyptian Flight Paris to Cairo

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Missing Egyptian Flight Paris to Cairo

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu May 19, 2016 12:09 am

EgyptAir flight goes off radar en route from Paris

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016 ... /84575288/
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Missing Egyptian Flight Paris to Cairo

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu May 19, 2016 2:33 am

Via: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt ... SKCN0YA08W

An EgyptAir flight carrying 66 passengers and crew on a flight from Paris to Cairo went missing on Thursday, disappearing from radar over the Mediterranean Sea, Egypt's national airline said.

Officials with the airline and the Egyptian civil aviation department told Reuters they believed the Airbus A320 probably crashed into the sea.

Aboard the flight were 30 Egyptians, 15 French nationals, one Briton and one Belgian.

Families of passengers rushed to Cairo International Airport shortly after dawn while the Egyptian and Greek military scrambled aircraft and boats to search for the plane.

"An official source at EgyptAir stated that Flight MS804, which departed Paris at 23:09 (CEST), heading to Cairo has disappeared from radar," the airline said on its official Twitter account.

Later Tweets by EgyptAir said the plane, which was traveling at an altitude of 37,000 feet (11,280 meters), disappeared in Egyptian air space at 02:30 a.m., some 280 kms (165 miles) from the Egyptian coastline, before it was due to land at 03:15 a.m.

"There was nothing unusual," EgyptAir vice chairman Ahmed Adel told Reuters. "The search and rescue aircraft from the Egyptian air force are at the position where we lost contact. They are still looking and so far there is nothing found."

NO DISTRESS CALL

Egyptian state newspaper Ahram reported no distress call was made and the last contact was 10 minutes before the plane disappeared.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:25 am

Is this like the era of inexplicable planes going lost? With technology as it is, you would think it to be impossible. I remember flying into Londinium once and I was listening to the flight controllers to pilots and shit and it was all "good morning" over and over for all the flights at that time (they had a channel on the in flight thing -- plus you could smoke). Dunno if that's a good story, inasmuch as it really isn't a story. I just don't get how these flights go missing.

I will say that if Hugh were still here he would tie it into the show Lost in some semi interesting way. I never did get into that show even though everyone said it would "blow my mind" and etc. I thought it was stupid and formulaic and I don't even judge shit. Just thought it was a dumb story arc.

Anyhow, yeah. This missing plane thing seems to have become a thing. This has little to do with it but the US is having some sort of bullshit about TSA lines. I swear this world has become schizophrenic. Hopefully all those aboard are happily filming some new phantom reality show as of now.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Freitag » Thu May 19, 2016 3:36 am

From Wombat's Reuters link above:

A Greek defense ministry source said authorities were also investigating an account from the captain of a merchant ship who reported a ‘flame in the sky’ some 130 nautical miles south of the island of Karpathos.
Freitag

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:09 am

Fox News radio on Clear Channel/Coast to Coast reported Egypt confirmed plane crashed, and 20 minutes are later are saying Egypt t is "backtracking" on the conclusion the flight went down and now it is just missing from radar. Account of fire in the sky also was mentioned.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby lucky » Thu May 19, 2016 6:31 am

It's been blown up by crazy terrorists... hasn't it?
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu May 19, 2016 7:17 am

lucky » Thu May 19, 2016 5:31 am wrote:It's been blown up by crazy terrorists... hasn't it?

yes and President The Donald tweets....NUKE EUROPE
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:06 am

lucky » Thu May 19, 2016 2:31 am wrote:It's been blown up by crazy terrorists... hasn't it?

Yeah. They're rolling with terrorism now. I seem to always repeat myself but I notice a ton of shit and I have written this tale before. However last year I was totally surprised to have "security" at Seatac not give a shit about anything. I went through all the "ordinary" motions and they said to just go on through. Keep your laptop in the bag, belt on, shoes on etc. I was like, fuck yeah.

I've also told this one that I am sure is forgotten. I was at JFK, past security and there was some "steakhouse" in the joint. All of the tables were set with large sharp steak knives. Since there was no more security to go through before boarding I found it amazing they would have the knives just sitting there if terrorism was so rife. The knives seeming to me to be far more deadly than a box cutter. But I could have taken one and got on the plane with a large knife. No harm no foul. I was just amazed by this glaring inconsistency. I was like what security? Obviously that is where the security theater moniker comes from.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Thu May 19, 2016 11:53 am

Just old BOJINKA finally fulfilled...

http://911anomaly.blogspot.com/2005/01/ ... y-fbi.html

82_28 » 19 May 2016 07:25 wrote:Is this like the era of inexplicable planes going lost? With technology as it is, you would think it to be impossible. I remember flying into Londinium once and I was listening to the flight controllers to pilots and shit and it was all "good morning" over and over for all the flights at that time (they had a channel on the in flight thing -- plus you could smoke). Dunno if that's a good story, inasmuch as it really isn't a story. I just don't get how these flights go missing.

I will say that if Hugh were still here he would tie it into the show Lost in some semi interesting way. I never did get into that show even though everyone said it would "blow my mind" and etc. I thought it was stupid and formulaic and I don't even judge shit. Just thought it was a dumb story arc.

Anyhow, yeah. This missing plane thing seems to have become a thing. This has little to do with it but the US is having some sort of bullshit about TSA lines. I swear this world has become schizophrenic. Hopefully all those aboard are happily filming some new phantom reality show as of now.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby SonicG » Thu May 19, 2016 9:05 pm

What caused EgyptAir flight MS804 to crash? Everything we know so far on Thursday evening
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05 ... ow-so-far/
:shrug:

-Tory former minister Sir Gerald Howarth has questioned whether the incident could be linked to the fact that several airport workers in Paris had their authorisation revoked in December due to their links with Islamic extremism.
-In a live interview with CNN, Hillary Clinton said: "It does appear that it was an act of terrorism. Exactly how, of course, is yet to be determined."
-Donald Trump posted the following message on Twitter: "Looks like yet another terrorist attack. Airplane departed from Paris. When will we get tough, smart and vigilant? Great hate and sickness!"
-Egypt's aviation minister Sherif Fathy said: “If you analyse the situation properly the possibility of having a terror attack is higher than the possibility of having a technical [problem]”.
-Alexander Bortnikov, head of the Russian Federal Security Service, said he believed the plane was downed by terrorists "in all likelihood".
-FBI Director James Comey has said that there is no evidence that flight MS804 was brought down intentionally, and that no group had claimed responsibility.
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu May 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Here's a good article from the NY Times, dated 3 hours ago, 6pm eastern DST US time

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/05/19/world/europe/egyptair-flight-crash-paris-cairo.html?_r=0

The EgyptAir Flight: Moment by Moment

EgyptAir Flight 804, en route from Paris to Cairo, disappeared from radar over the Mediterranean Sea on Thursday morning after it abruptly turned and dropped in altitude, officials said.

11:09 p.m.

Departed from Paris Charles De Gaulle airport.

~~~~~~~~~~
2:26 a.m.

Pilot speaks with Greece traffic controllers.

~~~~~~~~~~
2:30 a.m.

Last radar contact with EgyptAir.

~~~~~~~~~~
2:37 a.m.

Enters Egyptian airspace.

~~~~~~~~~~

Last radar contact with EgyptAir.

The flight departed Paris on Wednesday night. At 2:26 a.m., shortly before it was expected to land in Cairo, the pilot spoke to air traffic controllers in Greece and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, officials said. Three or four minutes later, the plane made its last radar contact.

After entering Egyptian airspace at 2:37 a.m., the plane made a 90-degree turn to the left and then a 360-degree turn to the right, plunging to 15,000 feet from 37,000 feet and disappearing from radar, the Greek defense minister, Panos Kammenos, said at a news conference Thursday afternoon.

Plane Turned Erratically and Plunged
to 15,000 Feet Before Disappearing

Sorry, I'm unable to transfer the graphic.

The cause is not yet known, but the Egyptian minister for civil aviation, Sherif Fathy, said on Thursday that the likelihood the crash was a result of terrorism was “higher” than it was for a technical failure of some kind.

Aviation safety experts said that such sudden movements were highly unusual at any phase of flight and suggested some kind of in-flight emergency.

The authorities mounted an intense search-and-rescue operation focused around the Greek island of Karpathos, between Crete and Rhodes.

Earlier in the day, the Greek authorities said that searchers found pieces of the wreckage of the plane in Egyptian territorial waters. It was later confirmed that the debris found in the water was not from the plane.

Where the Plane Flew in the Day Before the Crash

As investigators scramble to piece together clues to what happened to EgyptAir Flight 804, analysts said that some attention would probably be focused on where the plane flew in the 24 hours before the crash, with stops in countries where aviation security standards have previously raised concerns.

3 more graphics I'm unable to transfer.

An advisory published by the United States State Department in May 2015 warned that security at Asmara International Airport “can be unpredictable,” and noted a “lack of efficiency and consistency” in the screening of travelers there.

In the wake of the October bombing of a Russian airliner over the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt, European officials expressed concerns about gaps in airport security at airports in North Africa, including Tunisia, as well as at some airports in Egypt.

The plane, an Airbus A320, was delivered to EgyptAir in November 2003 and had accumulated 48,000 hours of flying time. The Airbus A320 can typically accommodate up to 220 passengers and is typically built to last 30 or 40 years.

All times are in Central European summer time and Eastern European time which are currently the same.

Sources: FlightRadar24, MarineTraffic.com, Greek and French officials

By Gregor Aisch, Larry Buchanan, Joe Burgess, Sewell Chan, Nicola Clark, Josh Keller, K.K. Rebecca Lai and Derek Watkins
Iamwhomiam

Postby divideandconquer » Fri May 20, 2016 7:43 am

I know the Bermuda triangle, etc., supposedly claimed a few small planes/ships in the past, but prior to this unprecedented advancement in technology and surveillance we've witnessed over the last decade, how many large planes disappeared off the face of the earth?
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby NeonLX » Fri May 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Oh, of COURSE it was fucking TERRORISM. Everything is terrorism. I had diarrhea this morning and I'm convinced it was because terrorists fucked with my fucking food.

I just saw a ratty old pickup drive by with a muffler dragging along the pavement. Fucking terrorists fucked with it.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby identity » Fri May 20, 2016 6:17 pm

NeonLX » Fri May 20, 2016 12:05 pm wrote:Oh, of COURSE it was fucking TERRORISM. Everything is terrorism. I had diarrhea this morning and I'm convinced it was because terrorists fucked with my fucking food.

I just saw a ratty old pickup drive by with a muffler dragging along the pavement. Fucking terrorists fucked with it.

Probably terrorists driving the fucking contraption!
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Next

Return to General Discussion