Hey Putin fans! More proof of his "greatness"!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hey Putin fans! More proof of his "greatness"!

Postby tapitsbo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:12 am

It's interesting that some countries have a friendly relationship with russia on the one hand and the five eyes/usa on the other - almost seeming at times as if the two power blocs are being played against each other.
tapitsbo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:18 am

I don't think Putin has territorial ambitions, on the contrary, that they only occupied overwhelmingly Russian and strategically essential Crimea and have not done so with the Eastern Ukraine (which would be a liability) shows how this works. He's aggressive in facing up to the danger of losing territory to separatists and in responding to expansionism from NATO. No one's a good guy in the imperialist game however. I have little doubt Putin would welcome a grand reconciliation with the West based on spheres of influence and peace deals on Ukraine and Syria.

As for false-flag, however, review how he got to power in the first place during the 9/99 stagings of terror bombings in Moscow. It's practically the classic case, and interestingly not ever cited by all the official anti-Putinists of the West because of what it implies about what is possible generally. This government started as a KGB restoration project and really the only good thing you can say about them is that they may have prevented a Western-backed break-up of their own country. Otherwise repressive and retrograde in every way. They're in the "wouldn't put anything past them" category, but obviously guided by standard realpolitik (as demented as that usually is).
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:34 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:18 am wrote:I don't think Putin has territorial ambitions, on the contrary, that they only occupied overwhelmingly Russian and strategically essential Crimea and have not done so with the Eastern Ukraine (which would be a liability) shows how this works. He's aggressive in facing up to the danger of losing territory to separatists and in responding to expansionism from NATO. No one's a good guy in the imperialist game however. I have little doubt Putin would welcome a grand reconciliation with the West based on spheres of influence and peace deals on Ukraine and Syria.

As for false-flag, however, review how he got to power in the first place during the 9/99 stagings of terror bombings in Moscow. It's practically the classic case, and interestingly not ever cited by all the official anti-Putinists of the West because of what it implies about what is possible generally. This government started as a KGB restoration project and really the only good thing you can say about them is that they may have prevented a Western-backed break-up of their own country. Otherwise repressive and retrograde in every way. They're in the "wouldn't put anything past them" category, but obviously guided by standard realpolitik (as demented as that usually is).

Against false binaries, people!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 pm

An excellent summarization, Jack.

Iamwhomiam

Previous

Return to General Discussion