The Soros Thread (Retitled)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Soros Thread (Retitled)

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:00 am

JackRiddler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:50 am wrote:The answer to this paradox will be easy: BDS is controlled opposition.

It may as well be, in some ways, since I'm not too happy with how it acts within the American political context, in ways I consider avoidably counterproductive. But one thing that is true of it is that it's genuinely a product of an activist core, pro-Palestinians and actual Palestinians who have done huge work in organizing it. So I can yang from the sidelines about how it might be more effective if it were generally antiwar and anti-MIC, did not call for academic boycotts outside military research, and did call for a boycott/divestment of all US military aid, to anyone. But I did not dedicate the hours, and they did. So I watch, and give my conditional okay, which no one gives a shit about in return.

Agree with all of this.
JackRiddler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:50 am wrote:You'd think it a positive sign that a Soros-funded foundation exposes problems with other Soros foundations, as though they were genuinely autonomous of their funders, or something. Probably yet more devious camouflaging.

Another way of seeing it is that the organisation doesn't embody it's professed values. Or to put it in a more techie way, "it doesn't eat it's own dogfood". If there was one single measure of organisational dysfunction worth tracking, this is it. At the very best, the organisation will be internally fractured by hypocrisy - at worst, almost certainly riddled with corruption.
Very unlikely that OSF is at arms length from Soros himself.
JackRiddler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:50 am wrote:Anyway, the opacity rating in this case relates to the funding for each of the foundations. Note that the relative barbarity (or lack thereof, in some cases) of the various foundations tested seems largely unrelated to the opacity of the funding. Not that funding doesn't matter, it always does.

Obviously - and the same thing is true regarding that Forbes table earlier. Beyond a certain point, the amount of bags of loot in the safe / bitcoin / islands / pork belly futures doesn't matter. It is data 'at the edges' that is interesting - and OSF being at the bottom of the league while preaching about and demanding transparency - eg with post Soviet Union countries, invites custard pie treatment.
JackRiddler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:50 am wrote:But, to take two examples that played fortress of evil on this board in the past, CSIS and RAND turn out to be relatively transparent with disclosing their funding. I'm guessing since they think demented fear-mongering justifications for imperialist games of RISK leading to new wars is something very smart and realistic and humanitarian, and they're proud of it. The opacity rating seems to be not so much a measure of evilness as the degree to which the funders would prefer to deny having a hand in the project. Possibly a measure of how much they believe their own bullshit, or are just in it for the bottom-line benefits.

OSF surely believe their own BS, so should not be there.
As for bottom line benefits - perhaps - but WHOSE bottom line? and WHAT benefits? Soros companies? Others? Clinton Foundation?
JackRiddler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:50 am wrote:At the bottom of the table you've got some projects likely to be heavy with Koch money, followed by OSF. Gee golly, it's a big mystery who is funding OSF!

Actually the bottom of the table IS a mystery. And all the organisation(s) there deserve light shown on their finances. Especially the very bottom one. Soros is nothing if not... deliberate.
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sounder » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks for the D.C. leaks piece Wombat. And good for Mr. Soros for being consistent in his world view and not making exception for Israel. But for the rest of us, just because we may agree that it will be a better world, without the nation state of Israel, does not mean that we agree that all nation states deserve to be undermined.

Folk can cry about pepe the frog all they want, but this flag fetish is a badge of disgrace on the same order if not even more determinedly manipulative.

Some of this article is weak so feel free to trash it if you like. That is always good for avoiding the substantive issues.

Wayne MADSEN | 26.09.2016 | OPINION
George Soros’s False Flag Factories

Global hedge fund tycoon and political provocateur George Soros is leading a war of symbols, namely flags and banners either resurrected or conjured up by his myriad non-profit groups, to stir religious, racial, and ethnic tensions the world over. From the Serbian OTPOR! movement and its clenched-fist symbol adopted by protests groups around the world to the menacing black and white flag of the Islamic State, which first appeared during the Soros-backed «Arab Spring» rebellions, Soros’s «false flag» factories have been running at break-neck production speeds.

Soros and his acolytes saw the importance of symbology in the writings of Gene Sharp of the Albert Einstein Institution in Boston, Massachusetts. Although Sharp’s catechism of how to conduct non-violent resistance and revolution has been likened by some political scientists to Mohandas Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, his concepts on upsetting the political status quo appear to be borrowed more from the likes of Mao Zedong, Karl Marx, and Adolf Hitler.

Among Sharp’s necessary tools to conduct political action are «flags and symbolic colors», «slogans, caricatures, and symbols», and «banners, posters, and displayed communications». The «symbolic colors» have been used by Soros- and Central Intelligence Agency-sponsored «color revolutions» in Ukraine (Orange) and Kyrgyzstan (Pink) and attempted color revolutions in Iran (Green), Kuwait (Blue), and Burma (Saffron).

Using the Sharp template and financing from Soros and the CIA-linked National Endowment for Democracy (NED), Symbols were used in the themed Arab Spring revolutions in Tunisia (Jasmine) and Egypt (Lotus) and attempted revolutions in Georgia (Rose), Lebanon (Cedar), Uzbekistan (Cotton), and Moldova (Grape).

It is now more than obvious that Soros and his minions, known as «Sorosites» – a clever play on «parasites» – in the Balkans, contracted with flag factories to churn out banners of former regimes in the uprisings in Libya and Syria. In Libya, the rebels who rose up against Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi in 2011 brandished factory-fresh, still-creased red-black-green horizontal tricolor with the white crescent and star used by the old Libyan monarchy, the regime that Qaddafi overthrew in 1969.

Almost simultaneously, Syrian rebels opposed to President Bashar al-Assad hit the streets of major Syrian cities with factory-fresh green-white-black horizontal tricolors with three red stars used by Syria during the French League of Nations mandate and by the Republic of Syria in 1961. It was obvious that in both cases, the Soros- and NED-sponsored opposition groups in Libya and Syria foresaw a return to a pro-Western Libya as had existed under the feudalistic King Idris until his overthrow in 1969 and a Syria not unlike the pro-Western regime of Major-General Abd al-Karim Zahr as-Din, a Druze who ousted the pro-Gamal Abdel Nasser regime in Damascus in 1961. However, for Soros and the regime change advocates under U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, there would be disappointment.

Instead of pro-Western regimes taking power in Libya and Syria, major swaths of territory fell to jihadist forces who mainly owed allegiance to the Islamic State but with a few swearing loyalty to Al Qaeda. Regardless of what jihadist entity they supported, these rebel groups received support from Saudi Arabia, the Turkish Islamist government of Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and the Gulf emirates of Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, and Kuwait.

Instead of the flags of the former pro-Western proxy regimes appearing over buildings in Libya and Syria, factory-fresh black and white flags of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) flew from flagpoles, windows, and balconies from Benghazi and Sirte to Tripoli and Derna. In Syria, new ISIL flags were raised from Raqqa and Majib to Idlib and Palmyra. To the east, in Iraq, ISIL flags replaced those of the U.S.-installed Iraqi government and the Kurdistan Regional Government.

One indication as to the source of the new ISIL flags was reported on October 7, 2014 by the Jewish Telegraph Agency from the northern Israeli town of Nazareth Illit. Gardeners in the factory area of the city discovered a bag that had fallen onto a street from a truck. Twenty-five new black and white ISIL flags were found inside the bag.

A number of questions were raised by the discovery. Were the flags manufactured by a factory in the Jewish city? It is known that the Israeli military provided logistical and other support to jihadists fighting across the Golan Heights border in Syria. Were ISIL flags part of Israeli propaganda support to the jihadist rebels? Additionally, did Soros and the NED outsource the production of ISIL, as well as the flags of former Arab regimes, to the Israelis for distribution in Libya and Syria?

Soros’s connections to ISIL became very apparent during the opening session of the United Nations General Assembly when some human rights advocates, including some linked to Soros’s nongovernmental organizations, called for the International Criminal Court (ICC) to prosecute the leadership of ISIL. The ICC, which is heavily influenced by Soros organizations, balked at the idea of prosecuting ISIL officials and operatives.

The ICC claimed that since neither Syria nor Iraq were parties to the 1998 Rome Statute, which created the court, ISIL commanders and ground troops could not be hauled before the international tribunal to answer for their crimes against humanity in those countries. The ICC has had no problem prosecuting leaders and military officers from the Balkans and Africa, but ISIL was deemed off-limits.

The ICC was also prepared to put members of the Qaddafi family on trial for alleged crimes in Libya, however, ISIL and its affiliates in Libya were of no interest to the court. The main reason for the ICC to look askance at ISIL is because in any trial of the group’s leadership, the «false flag» antics of the Saudis, Israelis, Turks, Emiratis, the Soros organizations, and the Americans might have been laid bare for all the world to see.

Soros’s false flag antics are not merely confined to the Middle East. The eruption of violence among African-Americans in response to police violence targeting mainly African-American men saw new flags bearing the slogan «Black Lives Matter» being raised in cities and towns across the United States. It is well-known that Soros finances the Black Lives Matter group and the flags appeared to be yet another use of banners, slogans, and symbols in keeping with the template of Sharp and his themed revolution model.

While «Black Lives Matter» flags appeared throughout America, historical flags like the 13-star «Betsy Ross» flag from the American Revolution; the Gadsden Flag bearing the motto «Don’t Tread on Me», a slogan popularized by Benjamin Franklin; and any flag bearing any symbols from the Confederate States of America were denounced by Soros-funded pressure groups as «racist». There were demands that these historical American flags be banned from cemeteries, parks, historical battlefield sites, and other locations. This was yet another «false flag» attack by Soros and those who actually wish to alter American history and impose a regime of extreme political correctness in violation of the free speech clause of the U.S. Constitution.

As a result of Sharp’s roadmap to revolution, flags and symbols are potent weapons. Police in Spain have found ISIL flags in towns located in southern Spain, the location of the old Al Andalus Caliphate that the Islamic State has vowed to «liberate» from Christianity. Turkish flags are found in greater numbers in some German neighborhoods than German flags. Hispanic groups protesting Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump wave factory-fresh Mexican flags. The telltale signs of George Soros and CIA destabilization efforts can be found in the flags that appear in crowds of protesters. Vexillology intelligence (Vexint), or flag intelligence, should become a branch of every major intelligence agency around the world.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Sounder » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:09 pm wrote:Some of this article is weak so feel free to trash it if you like. That is always good for avoiding the substantive issues.

I got a better idea.... How about you point out where the article is weak.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby dada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Searcher08 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:04 am wrote:
dada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am wrote:Soros is bad for supporting BDS, now? The guy just can't catch a break around here. Tough crowd.

Are you in the crowd? Do you think he is bad for supporting BDS? Should we be supporting Hilary's campaign instead of questioning George's activities?

No, I don't think he is bad for supporting BDS.

On supporting campaigns: Did something I posted on any thread give you that impression?

I think the authoritarian mindset is the big problem, the one that underlies all the others. Then the media (as a consumer product). I try to focus on those things, whatever the specific topic happens to be. Sometimes I'll throw some other things in on the side, like when I sniped at Wal-Mart being destructive to society in an earlier post.

If I 'follow the money,' it's out of morbid curiosity. I think you may mean 'follow the money' in a different way. Like, it goes without saying that we're supposed to blame somebody for something. As I said, the authoritarian mindset and the media are the problems I focus on.

So we seem to be 'making points' on two entirely different levels. We're just talking past each other.

I will say, I like to wear my 'anti-Gates' hat. It's fun. I'm guessing it's sort of like how some people like to wear their 'anti-Soros' hat. (I know I'm wearing a hat when I put it on. I can't speak for anti-Soros hat-wearers)

I will also say, as foundations go, I particularly don't like that Hoover Institute. Western supremacist 'clash of civilization' stuff always rubs me the wrong way, sure, but it's something about their tone that really bugs me. I don't care where they get their money from.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby DrEvil » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:59 pm

coffin_dodger » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:34 am wrote:Drevil said:
In case you weren't joking, you're a textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action, which basically states that incompetent people are too incompetent to judge their own competence, and therefore tend to overestimate their own competence.
(The crude version: Idiots are too stupid to understand that they're idiots.)

I love it when you write stuff like this and it's recorded for posterity for all time via the wonders of the internet. Future historians will spend careers tracking the birth of new ideas and concepts, looking for the seeds of change and their true, first points of origin. Although you are only one of millions of acolytes that covetously swallow whatever new in-joke the fields of cosmology and quantum physics gurgitate from their 'what will they swallow next?' playbook, it will doubtless be priceless insight into the mechanics of fooling a majority of people all of the time. This may sound like gloating, but only part. The funny this is, I think you'd make an excellent ally in research - but the keen, lively mind is locked into someone else's idea of a paradigm, for which no key exists to exit. A loss, but that's life!

This argument is going nowhere and littering this thread with our whining. Can we both just agree that you're an idiot and leave it at that?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Sounder » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:13 am

From America with Love: George Soros promises Russian Maidan on Putin's Birthday
October 8, 2016 - Fort Russ -
Ruslan Ostashko, PolitRussia - translated by J. Arnoldski -

Anyone who follows the activities of George Soros knows that this ardent and consistent enemy of Russia is characterized by an unhealthy obsession with vivid gestures and symbolic actions. He does not hesitate to directly appeal to leading world politicians and even tries to publicly dictate political decisions to the leaders of such countries as Germany or Greece and even sometimes swings out at and chastises the European Commission.

Soros could easily be mistaken for the village psycho who has simply seized the opportunity to publicly express his overvalued ideas, but things are not so simple. After all, it is he who sponsored numerous “color revolutions” in many countries. He very well might be a psycho, but he is an influential and dangerous psycho.

This time, the American oligarch has, with great geopolitical ambition, decided to appeal to Russians with the call to unite and oppose the war crimes supposedly being perpetrated by the Russian Army in Syria. I don’t think that it is a coincidence that this appeal was aired by the media on October 7th, the birthday of the Russian president. I believe that this was a kind of birthday greeting for the Russian president, whom Soros essentially promises will suffer the fate of Serbia’s Milosevic.

The American oligarch asserted that Putin is guilty of war crimes in Syria. One doesn’t need to be particularly perceptive to realize what he implies when he says “When the facts are fully established, Putin’s bombing of Aleppo will be viewed as among the modern world’s most egregious war crimes.”

In several places, it is enough to replace “Aleppo” with “Srebrenica” and “bombings” with “massacre”, and it immediately becomes clear what George Soros is dreaming of. And he appeals to us, Russians, to realize this dream.

Here’s what he said:

“I appeal to the people of Russia, Europe, and the rest of the world not to stand idly by, but to spread the word and voice their outrage. An outpouring of public opinion could induce President Putin to put an end to his heinous crimes against humanity.”

Let’s translate this phrase into honest Russian: “Russians,” Soros tells us, “Go out on the streets! Do what the Serbs did with their leaders and heroes! Demand Roquefort, Camembert, and quick entry into the European Union! We promise you life like in Europe, and the price will be very small. Betray Putin. Throw him to the wolves, and everything will be good right way. We will even praise you.”

If we compare this statement by Soros to the British media’s recent howling about American generals’ serious discussion of the inevitability of a global and very bloody conflict between the USA and Russia, and even the US and China, then we can see how, right before our very eyes, all of this forms one of the elements of an American psychological attack.

The target of this attack is not Vladimir Putin. I think that no one has any illusions: Putin can't be bullied or forced to back down from his chosen path. The target of this attack was us, dear friends and fellow citizens. They are frightening us with nuclear guided bombs recently tested int he US. They are telling us through British media that millions of us will die in the event of a conflict with the US. So, in the end, they propose that we stop Putin and throw him at the mercy of our Western geopolitical enemies.

One could assume that this same message was addressed to the Russian political elite as well, but this trick was already tried last year. There was no rebellion by the Russian elite. On the contrary, they rallied around the president. The elite understood that, without Putin and without a strong Russia, they aren’t needed by anyone anywhere and will never be recognized as equals or let into the rooms of their white masters.

This realization was a big surprise for our Western “partners,” who are used to thinking of Russian state officials and security forces like naive fools who still haven’t recovered from the shock of the ‘90’s and the dream of spending their retirement in Saint Tropez. Much to the surprise of our Western partners, it turned out that the Russian elite has an instinct of self-preservation, and that Crimea can completely replace Cote d’Azur.

And here desperate Soros and his friends from British media, as well as American generals from Clinton’s suite, have decided to give us a scare. This is their last chance and final hope that Russians will once again destroy their own empire.

Today, I am more confident than ever that Russians’ collective response to these American threats and Soros' sweet deal will be crisp, clear, and uncensored. This answer would be the best gift for our president. Happy birthday, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin!

Soros is such a loser, his color revolutions are over.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Fun thread, renewed relevance.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby coffin_dodger » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:04 am

Interesting historical glimpse into the mindset of Soros:
The billionaire who built on chaos: Gail Counsell charts the rise of a speculator who considers himself 'some kind of god' Independent 2 June 1993

GEORGE Soros bills himself, without a hint of self-mockery, as a 'financial and philosophical speculator'. The grandiose label is a fitting choice for a man who as a child fantasised about being God and as an adult can tell reporters with a straight face: 'It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.'

cont - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/the-billionaire-who-built-on-chaos-gail-counsell-charts-the-rise-of-a-speculator-who-considers-1489380.html
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:39 pm

"Interesting" case of a reporter pretending not to get ironic speech so as to get a hook in the lede. Neatly echoed by the local irony-impaired.

Meanwhile, some theory:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39996&start=30#p610443
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:54 pm

https://louisproyect.org/2017/01/25/is- ... ald-trump/

Is George Soros promoting a color revolution against Donald Trump?

George Soros

Recently one of the trolls who visits my website on occasion presented a rather unique interpretation of why the Kasama Project came to an end, differing with my analysis that it was a surfeit of Maoist sectarianism that was the cause.

Interestingly, the site flded [sic] quickly after the trolls began making connection between Kasama, BLM and George Soros. It’s interesting to note Kasama’s involvement with Occupy which is another Soros project. This helps to confirm the trolls assertion that Kasama (and RCP) are Soros fronts.

Could Occupy Wall Street have been a “Soros project”? Well, the first thing that came up when I googled Soros and Occupy Wall Street was an article in RT.com titled “Is George Soros behind Occupy Wall Street?” dated October 14, 2011 and strongly implying that the answer was yes. Meanwhile, Russia Insider went one step further. It published an article titled “George Soros: The Ugly Face Behind Many Protest Movements” that posed the question:

What do the “Arab Spring”, the “Maidan Protests”, “Black Lives Matter”, “Occupy Wall Street”, “Open Borders” and many other movements have in common? George Soros.

Further research revealed that among the other schemes Soros has hatched deep within the bowels of his Open Society, which for websites such as Russia Insider assumes the character of the villain’s lair in a James Bond movie, is the protests that took place in the USA on January 21. It was, as conspiracist Michel Chossudovsky par excellence put it, a “colored revolution”. He repeats the arguments of the Russian Insider as if they had been written by the same person:

What is at stake is a “color revolution” Made in America which is marked by fundamental rivalries within the US establishment, namely the clash between competing corporate factions, each of which is intent upon exerting control over the incoming US presidency.

The OTPOR-CANVAS-CIA model is nonetheless relevant. Several foundations involved in funding color revolutions internationally are involved in funding the anti-Trump campaign.

Moreover, while CANVAS’ mandate is to oversee “color revolutions” internationally, it also has links with a number of NGOs currently involved in the anti-Trump campaign including The Occupy Wall Street Movement (OWS). OWS launched by Adbusters was funded via the Tides Foundation which in turn is funded by a number of corporate foundations and charities, including the Ford Foundation, Gates Foundation and the Open Society Institute. Ford is known to have historical links to US intelligence.

Iran’s PressTV was in sync with Professor Chossudovsky and Russian Insider. They ran an article titled “Soros orchestrating color revolution against Trump: Analyst” that began “Jewish business magnate George Soros has orchestrated a ‘color revolution’ against US President-elect Donald Trump, says an American political analyst, pointing to nationwide anti-Trump protests as evidence.” Very important to get that “Jewish” thing going on except most of these types of commentaries are a bit more discreet about their anti-Semitism like when RT.com published an article about a trip Soros made to the Ukraine: “Soros, born György Schwartz in Hungary, fled in the 1940s for the UK and later became an American citizen.” How can anybody trust someone with a name like György Schwartz, I tell you.

The “analyst” referred to in the PressTV article is one E. Michael Jones, the editor of Culture Wars Magazine, who asserted: “What we are seeing here now is George Soros once again intervening in the internal politics of the United States by creating a color revolution.” Wow, very radical. Succumbing to my insatiable curiosity, I visited Culture Wars Magazine and learned that it is behind a publishing company called Fidelity that includes titles by Jones and like-minded deep thinkers. One by Jones is titled “The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit and Its Impact on World History” that according to one sympathetic critic makes the case that “when Jews rejected Christ, they rejected Logos in all its forms and became enemies of the social order”. I confess that sounds a bit like me.

Jeff Rense, an anti-Semite second to none, wrote a glowing review of the book that includes these intriguing insights:

The true “Jewish revolutionary spirit” is “to overturn” God and replace Him with Lucifer who represents the self-interest of the Illuminati (i.e. central bankers, Organized Jewry and Freemasonry.) This also was confirmed by Christian Rakovsky in his KGB interrogation.

This also was confirmed by Christian Rakovsky in his KGB interrogation. “Christianity is our only real enemy since all the political and economic phenomena of the bourgeois states are only its consequences,” Rakovsky, says. Peace is “counter-revolutionary” since it is war that paves the way for revolution.

It’s not every day when you run into something like this. A convergence of Iranian clerical reaction, anti-Semitism and a defense of the legitimacy of the Moscow Trials. But then again after 6 years of deepening insanity on the left about the role of Iran and Russia in the world, I suppose anything is possible.

Turning to the question of “color revolutions”, I admit to originally having the same kind of Pavlov dog’s reaction as most people on the left, especially when I was writing about the Balkan Wars. Just mention the word Soros and I’d begin to salivate. But when I saw some on the left defending Putin’s invasion of Chechnya in 1999, I was sickened by the response. The carpet bombing of Grozny that became the template for the disaster in East Aleppo was unacceptable and no amount of “anti-imperialism” could justify it.

One of the first color revolutions took place in Ukraine in 2004. At the time, as far as I can remember, I was not quite a supporter of either the Orange movement as it was called or the Kremlin, largely a result of lingering concerns about NATO’s role in Yugoslavia. But it never occurred to me to look too deeply into what drove people to demand a break with Russia.

It was the “Green Revolution” in Iran in 2009 that helped me clarify my thinking. By that time I had become a friend and comrade of Reza Fiyouzat, an Iranian living in the USA who was part of the Iranian revolutionary movement. He was blogging at http://revolutionaryflowerpot.blogspot.com/ at the time, a website that is no longer active but that still can be accessed for a first-rate introduction to Iranian Marxist thought. Unlike most of the left, Reza was able to stake out a position that was distinguished from both Ahmadinejad and his opponent in the 2009 elections, Mir-Hossein Mousavi who was a leader of the Green Revolution supported by Nicholas Kristof, George Soros and all the other usual suspects. He wrote an article for CounterPunch in 2009 that could serve as a guide to all of these “color revolution” scenarios:

Where Ahmadinejad has made loud claims of victory — e.g., pushing forth Iran’s nuclear program — the ‘reformists’ hit back with the assertion that the nuclear program started some 25 years ago (when the ‘reformist’ candidate, Mir-Hossein Mousavi, was the prime minister), and that Ahmadinejad should stop pretending as if he was the sole creator of the nuclear program.

Where the ‘reformists’ have piled on the accusations of economic mismanagement, topped with a 25% inflation, Ahmadinejad has hit back with (I’m paraphrasing here): “It does not take a mere four years to be in such economic mess. Did it all just start with my government? Was there no unemployment before my government? Were there no addiction problems? Was there no inflation? Was I handed a spotless Garden of Eden created by you (Mousavi) and your reformist colleagues, which has now turned into ruins?”

If you see the conflict between Ahmadinejad and Mousavi as analogous to the current polarized situation in the USA, it is necessary to make distinctions that would be lost on conspiracist minded figures such as Michel Chossudovsky and other pro-Kremlin websites that have been propagating the nonsense about a color revolution taking place in the USA (including such Assadist strongholds such as Zero Hedge, 21stCentury Wire, Signs of the Times and the Wayne Madsen Report).

Continues at: https://louisproyect.org/2017/01/25/is- ... ald-trump/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:22 pm

American Dream

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:30 pm

I finally had something meaningful to contribute to this thread.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby American Dream » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:39 pm

http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2017/02/g ... mites.html

George Soros and American anti-Semites
I have never been a fan of George Soros. In fact, I don't think that his political project is different from the classical imperialist project of empire. But I do believe that some right-wing obsession with Soros (like by Bill O'Reilly) reveals an anti-Semitic impulse. Anti-Semites often make individual Jewish financier or business people the object of their resentment and opposition. I mean, there are many wealthy billionaires in the US who are voting millions to political projects, but I see disproportionate attention devoted by some right-wingers to Soros in particular. This is in line with Pat Robertson's book The New World Order, which carried more than a tinge of anti-Semitism. Sometimes I find it striking that Zionists in the US don't see how the same people who are willing to whip up hatred and fear against Muslims are also capable of whipping up fear and hatred against Jewish people.
Posted by As'ad AbuKhalil
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:11 am

https://vimeo.com/205960753

Normalizing Repression

Last week, the Conservative Political Action Convention, or CPAC, was held in National Harbor, Maryland, and was put on by the American Conservative Union, the NRA, the Heritage Foundation, and several right-wing media groups. Speaking at the conference was Trump, members of his administration, and a variety of far-Right talking heads who firmly put their cross hairs on the media and popular social movements that threaten Trump’s power. Meanwhile, across the US in at least 18 states, Republican lawmakers are pushing a series of repressive laws that seek to further criminalize protesting, wearing masking, blocking freeways, and in some cases, even seek to “seize the assets of protesters who participate in demonstrations that ‘turn violent.'”

In order to normalize this repression, a wide variety of speakers at CPAC dismissed those in the streets across the country as “paid protesters,” and even signaled out anarchists and the black bloc in particular. One speaker, Vice President of the NRA, Wayne LaPierre, even went as far as to say that protesters don’t know why they are protesting and also make upwards of $1,500 a week. Such conspiracy theories are a dog-whistle to the Alex Jones crowd of far-Right supporters who think that George Soros is paying and directing all forms of popular protest against the status-quo. Such conspiracy theories are based on anti-Semitic myths that were popularized by groups such as the American Nazi Party and the John Birch Society. We have to push back against these lies and show that popular struggles are on the side of the vast majority of everyday people and not the Trump regime or the neoliberal Democratic Party, which the mainstream media by and large supports without question.

Steve Bannon, Trump’s top advisor and the former head of Breitbart news, which Bannon called “a platform for the Alt-Right,” also gave a speech which called for the coming together of the various far-Right forces to rally around Trump and defend him from the media and popular mobilization. Bannon laid out the three pronged approach of Trump, which included closing borders to refugees, deporting immigrants, and banning Muslims, a policy of economic nationalism that attacked neoliberalism while grinding down American workers and environmental regulations for the sake of corporations and finance capital in the US, and finally, an all out attack on social welfare programs that often a meager safety net for the working poor.

Bannon and Trump’s authoritarian capitalist populism is dangerous, and like fascism, labels the “globalist” elites, the media, and liberatory social movements as the enemies of the “real people” that make up the included citizens of the United States. Trump is thus painted as the only authoritarian strong man that can stand up to these threats; a figurehead that the everyday person can see themselves in, and who can fight back against the global forces of Islam, immigration, and social unrest.

Anarchists, anti-authoritarians, and anti-capitalists need to not only spell out our vision of a better and different world, but also expose the “populist” program of Bannon and Trump for what it is, an attempt to re-strengthen white supremacy and reaffirm American nationalism at a time when millions of people are losing faith in the State and its authority.
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 pm

CPACer Falls For Paid Protester Hoax

In January, a number of conservative outlets were tricked by a hoax website called “Demand Protest,” which claimed to be willing to pay anti-Trump protesters a $2,500 retainer in addition to $50 per hour of protesting, flexible vacations and even family health, vision and dental benefits.

It quickly became obvious, even to conservative reporters, that the website was a hoax. When the website’s founder appeared on Tucker Carlson’s show and the Fox News host pointed out that the site is fake, by the end of the bizarre interview Demand Protest’s creator had all but admitted himself that it was a sham.

But that didn’t stop Niger Innis of the American Conservative Union from citing the fake group during the final day of the Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Maryland.

While Innis, who was speaking Saturday on a panel called “What is the Trump Doctrine?; The Forgotten Man,” didn’t refer to the group by name, he said that there is “an activist website that pays and organizes protesters, $2,500 to start, health care, dental care, flex vacation time, I mean, this is an actual website.”

“There are some forces out there that are paying these protesters,” he insisted.

Innis wasn’t alone.

Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association also claimed that anti-Trump protesters can make “$1500 a week.”
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion