The Mandela Effect (Disappearing Braces in Moonraker)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Mandela Effect (Disappearing Braces in Moonraker)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:28 am

I don't recall George Michael having passed before, fwiw. My daughter-in-law was watching a youtube about the Mandela effect the other night and Berenstain Bears came up in our discussion. I really did think I remembered it being Berenstein not Berenstain, so I looked on ebay for an old book or toy. Sure enough, from 1975 there was a book with the spelling Berenstain. So either I my memory was faulty or it proves we've stumbled onto an alternate time line in which it has always been Berenstain. :partydance:
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:30 am

ok, here is one about something serious...

^ this whole thing? I swear I remember that image and this whole thing going down 6-18 months ago. fairly vividly. ^

so WTF?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 am

Drew, I think you need only get old enough and almost everything will seem like deja vu. I often enjoy it as a marker of relative experience and wisdom, and do not have this (laughable) "Mandela effect" as anything approaching a default assumption for why this is so.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:37 am

I remember braces, but the actress who played the girl is still working, and awhile back she said in a Tweet that they never filmed her with braces. :shrug:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby justdrew » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:10 am

JackRiddler » 05 Jan 2017 21:35 wrote:Drew, I think you need only get old enough and almost everything will seem like deja vu. I often enjoy it as a marker of relative experience and wisdom, and do not have this (laughable) "Mandela effect" as anything approaching a default assumption for why this is so.

Well, I don't buy any mystical metaphysical explanation for the effect. Just posting here for it's similarity.

but I'm sure I saw a vid of this sort of thing, happening to a guy with that haircut, those clothes, in that kinda room. Within two years at most.
justdrew

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:13 am

justdrew » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:10 am wrote:but I'm sure I saw a vid of this sort of thing, happening to a guy with that haircut, those clothes, in that kinda room. Within two years at most.

Because you certainly did see a vid of this sort of thing, etc. etc. And if you didn't see exactly it, it's easy enough to imagine and inadvertantly combine elements of tortures you've seen on video, haircuts you've seen (or had yourself, or possibly administered as barber), clothes you've seen or worn, rooms like that you've been in. Within two years at most.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby justdrew » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:22 am

JackRiddler » 05 Jan 2017 23:13 wrote:
justdrew » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:10 am wrote:but I'm sure I saw a vid of this sort of thing, happening to a guy with that haircut, those clothes, in that kinda room. Within two years at most.

Because you certainly did see a vid of this sort of thing, etc. etc. And if you didn't see exactly it, it's easy enough to imagine and inadvertantly combine elements of tortures you've seen on video, haircuts you've seen (or had yourself, or possibly administered as barber), clothes you've seen or worn, rooms like that you've been in. Within two years at most.

IDK, I guess if I have seen that before (and it was this whole story, except it didn't 'take off' that time), I guess I'd be saying it's a staged event. Normally I would discount that sort of possibility. This just seems weird to be happening now. In the last version it had nothing to do with trump though. I think that time they supposedly say something about obama.

So I guess I'm saying this might be _someone's_ psiop production in action.
justdrew

Postby NeonLX » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:02 pm

The word "often". In the past year or two, I've noticed people pronouncing the "T". In my old timeline, it was silent, almost always.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:15 pm

I've been having some intense deja vu for the past week or so, mostly while reading a passage while something familiar is happening outside my body. It's snapped me into wondering if I'd read that particular piece already or if it's just invoking certain familiar feelings.

And I think that I actually have been repeating certain scenarios in my life, that this is not really deja vu at all but a literal re-visitation.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:20 pm

NeonLX » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:02 pm wrote:The word "often". In the past year or two, I've noticed people pronouncing the "T". In my old timeline, it was silent, almost always.

In north america it's definitely always been pronounced with the "t" in certain registers of speech.

I think eliding the "t" reflects an official/"educated" speech pattern but I've heard it with the "t" almost my entire life, too, especially when I lived further west.
tapitsbo

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:25 pm

I have to say, Drew, that I got a Bannon vibe from that vid too. The hospitalization of the fellow and the arrests of the four involved seem authentic. Surely it evokes no kind thoughts towards the perps but causes tremendous sympathy towards their victim.

If it's a maliciously gross act by unguided youth upon an innocent disabled man, and I believe it was, it is criminal. Those involved have been arrested and will have their days in court. It's a shame what these young people have done to themselves and their future. It's a sin, if ever there were such. It takes a long time to get past such trauma, if ever at all. My heart hurts thinking about the pain and torment the victim experienced and will now be haunted by.
Iamwhomiam

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:39 pm

NeonLX » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm wrote:The word "often". In the past year or two, I've noticed people pronouncing the "T". In my old timeline, it was silent, almost always.

I don't know if it is happening independently of your perception in this case, but this kind of thing definitely happens all the time. So many influences on usage and pronounciation!

JackRiddler

Postby elfismiles » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:35 am

In case anyone missed it a few (4) days ago...

We Found Sinbad’s SHAZAAM Genie Movie! – CollegeHumor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0rchvuoMU

Some great 'easter eggs' in there. :partyhat
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby semper occultus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:31 pm

I can reveal that there's a missing song by The Cure that has somehow slipped out of this time stream. Years back I sent off for CD's from one of those back page of a magazine companies to tape them & send 'em back within the 30 days - as you do. There was one of those Cure albums with the old man on the front & the stand out track I can still sort of hear in my mind's ear the intro kicking in with a big heavy 80's synth on it but I swear to Dawkins I can't find that bloody track again going through YT or Amazon or anything close to it.....long have I pondered upon this mystery & what hidden lesson it behooves me to uncover 'ere I pass from this mortal existence...
semper occultus

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:44 pm

semper occultus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:31 pm wrote:I can reveal that there's a missing song by The Cure that has somehow slipped out of this time stream. Years back I sent off for CD's from one of those back page of a magazine companies to tape them & send 'em back within the 30 days - as you do. There was one of those Cure albums with the old man on the front & the stand out track I can still sort of hear in my mind's ear the intro kicking in with a big heavy 80's synth on it but I swear to Dawkins I can't find that bloody track again going through YT or Amazon or anything close to it.....long have I pondered upon this mystery & what hidden lesson it behooves me to uncover 'ere I pass from this mortal existence...

This happened to me with some tracks on the cassette version of their singles collection that I had loved as a kid. The cassette edition of the singles comp Standing on a Beach included a bunch of b-sides but the vinyl edition and later CD did not. Really good material, either way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_ ... he_b-sides

These track sort of fit the bill you describe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG4AiCdwRB4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJIJOVNeG5w
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion