The Mandela Effect (Disappearing Braces in Moonraker)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Mandela Effect (Disappearing Braces in Moonraker)

Postby Nordic » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:36 am

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:49 pm wrote:I was introduced to the work of Anne Rice as books on tape driving around the country with my mom.

I definitely remember it as "Interview with the Vampire."

Yeah but your current conscious self grew up in a different timeline than the people who remember "a vampire".

Or something like that.

I've had reason to believe that big earthquakes cause these. Disruptions. Not everybody on earth experiences any given earthquake.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby km artlu » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:04 am

I've had reason to believe that big earthquakes cause these. Disruptions. Not everybody on earth experiences any given earthquake.

I'd like to know more about that, if you'd care to elaborate.
km artlu

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:31 am

Well, it's nothing really. But having been in a lot of earthquakes, I've just had the sense that after a few of them, everything was slightly different, in an alternate reality sort of way. There was one in particular not long before 9/11 that I often think about because everything in my life and in the world seemed quite different after it happened. I can't really deliver anything more concrete than that. I could give details but they're all specific and personal.

And I just thought of how much mass is in motion during an earthquake, and I thought of all the strange phenomena that we can observe around them, including the strange lights in the sky, animals acting strange, and if CERN is able to somehow mess with time/space by shooting tiny little particles around, what is possible when tectonic plates rupture and rub and smash u to each other, with incomprehensible levels of energy stored into the stresses and suddenly released etc etc etc.
Nordic

Postby km artlu » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:35 am

Thank you Nordic. I'm glad I asked because your reply provides a cue to look into those ideas for myself. I've experienced a number of moderate events and the strong Sylmar quake of February 1971. Amen to your 'incomprehensible levels of energy'.

Regarding the strange lights in the sky - in '71 the media insisted that the source of those were effects on the electrical grid, an explanation in conflict with my own awestruck perceptions. As time went on science began to admit to their geological origins.
km artlu

Postby divideandconquer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:36 am

One of the principal uses of media manipulation is to continuously undermine the people's sense of what is real and to neutralize their natural capacity to discern false from true information, thereby making them more and more reliant on external, official sources. To control the present depends largely on an effective, continuous rewriting of the past. The less people are connected to the past, the more susceptible to control in the present they become. Hijacking the faculty of memory -- and/or people's trust in their own memories -- is essential to this process, which is less about establishing a specific, useful narrative for the past than about constantly disrupting established narratives to create a sense of instability, unreliability, extreme subjectivity, and "cognitive vertigo." To this end, media-narratives are created, established, and then subverted, refuted, or altered on a regular basis, until the people's capacity to trust their own perceptions is completely compromised. This method is to be applied on both macro and micro levels, from global events to the most seemingly trivial of details, until it fully pervades the media-sphere.

Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars, third version (1996)

This is the best explanation for what's going on, and 20 years later, I think this method fully pervades the media-sphere.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:04 am

km artlu » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:35 am wrote:Thank you Nordic. I'm glad I asked because your reply provides a cue to look into those ideas for myself. I've experienced a number of moderate events and the strong Sylmar quake of February 1971. Amen to your 'incomprehensible levels of energy'.

Regarding the strange lights in the sky - in '71 the media insisted that the source of those were effects on the electrical grid, an explanation in conflict with my own awestruck perceptions. As time went on science began to admit to their geological origins.

Here's an experiment.
Find two fist size pieces Quartzite rock - it's everywhere .
Go into a dark room.
Bang them together and see the light.
Now imagine that on the magnificent scale of an earthquake. :sun:
Burnt Hill

Postby 0_0 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:10 am

divideandconquer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:36 am wrote:
One of the principal uses of media manipulation is to continuously undermine the people's sense of what is real and to neutralize their natural capacity to discern false from true information, thereby making them more and more reliant on external, official sources. To control the present depends largely on an effective, continuous rewriting of the past. The less people are connected to the past, the more susceptible to control in the present they become. Hijacking the faculty of memory -- and/or people's trust in their own memories -- is essential to this process, which is less about establishing a specific, useful narrative for the past than about constantly disrupting established narratives to create a sense of instability, unreliability, extreme subjectivity, and "cognitive vertigo." To this end, media-narratives are created, established, and then subverted, refuted, or altered on a regular basis, until the people's capacity to trust their own perceptions is completely compromised. This method is to be applied on both macro and micro levels, from global events to the most seemingly trivial of details, until it fully pervades the media-sphere.

This is the best explanation for what's going on, and 20 years later, I think this method fully pervades the media-sphere.

Yeah, this is definitely the best explanation. And I think the mandela effect theory is definitely a psy-op to give it a popesoteric foundation. And it couldn't have been possible without the internet, on which everyone relies now as a collective memory and factchecker. If it isn't on internet it never happened! So we have become dependent on this very liquid source of information that is built on anonymous sources, where before the internet they printed books with authors names and stuff, lot more difficult to massalter. Anyway, not sure about interview with the vampyre but 100% sure C3P0 never had a silver leg. See, it's also feeding off the nostalgia, like the member berries in the new South Park epi. Very insidious stuff!!!
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby guruilla » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:13 pm

0_0 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:10 am wrote:
divideandconquer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:36 am wrote:

Yeah, this is definitely the best explanation. And I think the mandela effect theory is definitely a psy-op to give it a popesoteric foundation. And it couldn't have been possible without the internet, on which everyone relies now as a collective memory and factchecker. If it isn't on internet it never happened! So we have become dependent on this very liquid source of information that is built on anonymous sources, where before the internet they printed books with authors names and stuff, lot more difficult to massalter. Anyway, not sure about interview with the vampyre but 100% sure C3P0 never had a silver leg. See, it's also feeding off the nostalgia, like the member berries in the new South Park epi. Very insidious stuff!!!

And so Google Cloud replaces the Ancestral Pool....

Does anyone here remember the SWFQW quote?
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:03 pm

If its a psy-op why are we trying to create new ones like "a Vampire"?
Burnt Hill

Postby guruilla » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Burnt Hill » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:03 pm wrote:If its a psy-op why are we trying to create new ones like "a Vampire"?

Mimesis?
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:10 pm

guruilla » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:06 pm wrote:
Burnt Hill » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:03 pm wrote:If its a psy-op why are we trying to create new ones like "a Vampire"?

Mimesis?

You don't have to google me, I understand words. :thumbsup

By we I mean those of us contributing to this forum.
Burnt Hill

Postby Nordic » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:11 pm

So the girls braces were removed by the CIA?
Nordic

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:49 pm wrote:I was introduced to the work of Anne Rice as books on tape driving around the country with my mom.

I definitely remember it as "Interview with the Vampire."

I have only ever read one book by Anne Rice and never seen an Anne Rice movie.

The book read is what I recall as Interview With a Vampire.

I bought the book from a rack at a grocery store check out line on a final stop at the grocery before hitting the trail for a 4 or 5 day backpacking trip circa 1977.

Rice was a new author then and buying the book was the first time I was even aware she existed or her book existed. It was a junk read for that backpacking trip and must not have impressed me much because I have never picked up an Anne Rice book again or watched a movie based upon one of her books.

I checked at amazon and the book title is Interview with the Vampire.

The wiki entry for the novel is Interview with the Vampire.

However if one goes to the bibliography list of the Anne Rice wiki, the book is listed as Interview with a Vampire but the hot link takes one to the Interview with the Vampire wiki page.

For nearly 40 years now I thought the name of the book was interview with a vampire (and until this thread never knew there was an alternative reality but have now crossed over myself).
PufPuf93

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Its because "with the" sounds the same as "with a".
Burnt Hill

Postby Nordic » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Regarding the earthquake thing also -- at about the same time as the earthquake I experienced prior to 9/11 I also did a bit hit of salvia. It was an amazing experience and i'm glad I did it, but what I saw when it hit me was my mind leaving this plane, and pulling way back for a broader view of the very things that create what we see as this plane. What we call "reality" was a projection of something I don't have words to describe, but which is basically 2-dimensional and constantly transforming.

My point is that the time when I came back from that also was very close to the earthquake in question. Everything was different after that.

However I have also had this odd feeling after other earthquakes. That courses are altered. Patterns in your life can change after an earthquake. The vibe can be very different.

I left southern Cal right before the Northridge quake in 93. I think I felt it coming. I just had a bad feeling, a strong growing feeling, like LA was about to become very unsafe. I moved away. 3 months later that quake hit. Next time I visited LA, not long after, things were very different. Everybody noticed it. Most attributed it to the economy and the Grunge movement. Maybe it was. But it looked different, felt different. It was weird. Since then it's all built back up again. The same vibe, the same tensions, the spiraling costs and desperate ambitions.
Last edited by Nordic on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nordic

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion