US Government rules on Gender Identity

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: US Government rules on Gender Identity

Postby DrEvil » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:11 pm

FourthBase » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:23 pm wrote:
DrEvil » 06 Jan 2020 10:54 wrote:Of course not, it's the use of the word contagion I have a problem with. It's a word with very negative connotations, and coming form Sounder that's no accident.

If he hadn't omitted the "social" that one time, no problem? I'd be less upset with him for calling some transgender people "contagion victims" and more upset with the institutionalized trans groupthink which helped brainwash some women into hating themselves to the point of chemical and surgical alteration and which now encourages silencing those same women.

The groupthink is in part enforced by people like Sounder and other transphobes who make it really fucking hard for people to deal with it outside of small, insular communities. If it was okay to be open about it and there wasn't so many intolerant assholes around it wouldn't be an issue, or at least not as much of one.

And why were they brainwashed? Some people who think they want something regret it when they get it. People do it all the time.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: US Government rules on Gender Identity

Postby FourthBase » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:28 pm

DrEvil » 06 Jan 2020 16:11 wrote:
FourthBase » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:23 pm wrote:
DrEvil » 06 Jan 2020 10:54 wrote:Of course not, it's the use of the word contagion I have a problem with. It's a word with very negative connotations, and coming form Sounder that's no accident.

If he hadn't omitted the "social" that one time, no problem? I'd be less upset with him for calling some transgender people "contagion victims" and more upset with the institutionalized trans groupthink which helped brainwash some women into hating themselves to the point of chemical and surgical alteration and which now encourages silencing those same women.

The groupthink is in part enforced by people like Sounder and other transphobes who make it really fucking hard for people to deal with it outside of small, insular communities. If it was okay to be open about it and there wasn't so many intolerant assholes around it wouldn't be an issue, or at least not as much of one.

And why were they brainwashed? Some people who think they want something regret it when they get it. People do it all the time.

They didn't just think they wanted it, any doubts were forbidden by the groupthink. To me, that amounts to brainwashing.

If gender rebels are so insecure that they retreat into a hivemind at the first sign of intellectual antagonism, then do they really know themselves enough to justify a transition? Is the groupthinking just an attempt to prove to themselves what they're really unsure about?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to General Discussion