Militia and Moles . . . FBI Stops Militia Plot

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Militia and Moles . . . FBI Stops Militia Plot

Postby Novem5er » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:42 pm

The FBI just arrested three men from Kansas for planning a terrorist attack on an apartment complex occupied mostly by Somali immigrants. I have some observations on this, which I'll post below the quoted article:

(CNN)Three men face domestic terrorism charges for allegedly plotting to bomb an apartment complex occupied by Somali immigrants in southwest Kansas, the US Department of Justice said Friday.

The men had talked about filling four vehicles with explosives and parking them at the four corners of the apartment complex in Garden City to create a large explosion, the DOJ said in a news release.

About 120 Somali immigrants live in the complex, CNN affiliate KWCH reported, and acting US Attorney Tom Beall said one of the apartment units served as a mosque.
The trio, members of a militia group that calls itself The Crusaders, wanted to "wake people up," the DOJ said. They were stockpiling weapons and planned to release a manifesto after the explosion, Beall said at a news conference.

"These charges are based on eight months of investigation by the FBI that is alleged to have taken the investigators deep into a hidden culture of hatred and violence," acting US Attorney Tom Beall said. "Many Kansans may find it as startling as I do that such things could happen here."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/us/mosque-attack-thwarted-kansas/index.html

Notice the part I bolded above. Eight months of investigation. What happened 8 months and 2 weeks ago that might be related?

On January 26, 2016, several leaders were arrested by the Oregon State Police (OSP) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) while en route to a public meeting in a neighboring county. One of them, Robert "LaVoy" Finicum, was shot and killed while resisting arrest and appearing to reach his hands towards his semi-automatic handgun.[28][29][30] Afterwards, most of the other militants withdrew from the occupation, peacefully returning to their homes.[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_the_Malheur_National_Wildlife_Refuge

That's right, just about eight months ago the ringleaders of the Oregon Wildlife Refuge Protest/Occupation were arrested. It took another two weeks for the last occupier to peacefully surrender. Now, one of the points of interest that was brought up again and again during this protest was how long it was allowed to go on. People even brought it up as an example of White Privilege. Armed men were occupying a federal building, threatening violence if they were confronted, and the feds just let them hang out for nearly a month, unmolested. They didn't even cut power. Why?

I held the opinion that it was turned into a honey trap. The ongoing protest was stirring up the militia nuts all across the country, who were driving out to hang around the refuge, the town of Burns, or posting like crazy on militia forums. Even CB radio traffic increased with the buzz, and I heard many internet re-broadcasts of CB and call-line conversations. The website, No Thiefs Allowed (http://www.nothiefs.com/), devoted a lot of time with live-streaming militia conversations during that time. It'd be ignorant to assume that only curious civilians were paying attention to all those new faces and new chatter. Obviously, the feds were watching and keeping notes.

On that note, guess what started this week over in Oregon? Yep, the trial for the Bundy brothers and several occupiers! The defense is expected to resume making their case on Monday. Something very interesting has come out of the trial so far, check this out:

The FBI had 15 confidential sources feeding them information from their contacts with occupiers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, a prosecutor confirmed in court Friday.

Ammon Bundy's lawyer Marcus Mumford is urging the court to compel prosecutors to identify their informants before the defense rests its case in the federal conspiracy trial against his client and six co-defendants.

(snip)

Two of the 15 have been identified through trial as Mark McConnell, who was driving the Jeep when Ammon Bundy was arrested on Jan. 26, and Terri Linnell, who was called as a witness by the defense.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/15_confidential_sources_fed_fb.html

What'd I say? :coolshades And now we have a big news story with the Feds busting up a militia plot, after eight months of investigation, eight months after the Oregon protest came to an end. Coincidence? I think not.
Novem5er

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Militia and Moles . . . FBI Stops Militia Plot

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Great post. Thank you.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby American Dream » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:22 pm

These sorts of murderous far right activity are part of an ecology of bigotry and xenophobia that includes the huge amount of hate fostered in national media by Donald Trump, but also in far right/conspiracy circles generally. Islamophobia kills and terrorizes many, many innocent people. So does anti-immigrant scapegoating. That should be a fundamental lesson of the times we're living in...
American Dream

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:42 pm

And how long until we find out the FBI supplied them with their bomb making materials?
Burnt Hill

Postby American Dream » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Whether or not we uncover good evidence of entrapment any time soon, we know that Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism and anti-immigrant bigotry run strong- and murderously violent...
American Dream

Postby OP ED » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:16 pm

American Dream » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:22 pm wrote:Whether or not we uncover good evidence of entrapment any time soon, we know that Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism and anti-immigrant bigotry run strong- and murderously violent...

Jesus AD, of course it was entrapment. And of course they're dangerous regardless. I have oftentimes recently wondered aloud as to whether Trump hisself might not be a Clinton honeypot.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Absolutely, and the growth of such loathsome commodities create opportunity for those so inclined to take advantage of.
Burnt Hill

Postby American Dream » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:30 pm

I know that entrapment happens all the time. Ironically, the bulk of it seems to be directed against Muslims these last 15 years or so. Certainly though, the Far Right is rife with double and triple agents, etc. That said, I don't personally know what the evidence is in this case, just that extreme reactionaries have a strong tendency towards weaponizing their hate.
American Dream

Postby OP ED » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:33 pm

American Dream » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:30 pm wrote:I know that entrapment happens all the time. Ironically, the bulk of it seems to be directed against Muslims these last 15 years or so. Certainly though, the Far Right is rife with double and triple agents, etc. That said, I don't personally know what the evidence is in this case, just that extreme reactionaries have a strong tendency towards weaponizing their hate.

Indeed. The funniest part is how it keeps working on them.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby American Dream » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Some of the typical people who are targeted for entrapment operations are chosen because of psychological, legal, financial and/or existential vulnerabilities. So many of us are susceptible to being manipulated in these sorts of ways, and for this reason we should be concerned about ideologies being profferred which could lead the targets to become involved in highly illegal/immoral activities which nefarious forces are directing.
American Dream

Postby Novem5er » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:26 am

Wombaticus Rex » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:46 pm wrote:Great post. Thank you.

:thumbsup :thumbsup I was just reading the headlines and it all clicked together. I'm getting to the point where I no longer believe in coincidences, either personally or nationally.

Regarding the Oregon protesters/occupiers, it's hilarious that they were accusing people left and right of being feds or being informants. I saw several instances of them accusing people on camera, but they were always "outsiders"; members of the press, counter-protesters, or quiet people hanging around the outskirts.

In the end, the man who driving the jeep that got Ammon Bundy arrested (and everyone else, including LaVoy Finicum shot dead) was a turncoat. The freaking driver they trusted to bring them safely out of the compound. It's always the driver, BTW.
Novem5er

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:41 am

The Black Panthers, American Indian Movement, etc. were just a wee bit different than those dudes, but did suffer the same sort of tactics...
American Dream

Postby coffin_dodger » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:18 pm

See Fruh's threads.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:49 pm

The Xenophobia, White Supremacy and Islamophobia, etc. which we associate with Militia types is not what we would expect from left wing movements...
American Dream

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:00 pm

American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:07 am wrote:Some of the typical people who are targeted for entrapment operations are chosen because of psychological, legal, financial and/or existential vulnerabilities. So many of us are susceptible to being manipulated in these sorts of ways, and for this reason we should be concerned about ideologies being profferred which could lead the targets to become involved in highly illegal/immoral activities which nefarious forces are directing.

Animal Liberation forces were prime examples of this in the UK.
Many of the people who were involved in that were (to put it kindly) 'seriously damaged', with actual real abuse / trauma in their lives, the sort who proudly stated that they hated humans.
There were so many infiltrators (who didn't coordinate across agencies) that apparently it reached the point where MI5 and Metropolitan Police Special Branch members outnumbered others and were spending vast amounts of money trying to entrap each other. :thumbsup
Searcher08

Next

Return to General Discussion