What's Happening? It? (TRIGGERS UPON TRIGGERS)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

What's Happening? It? (TRIGGERS UPON TRIGGERS)

Postby FourthBase » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:15 pm

Been a dull week, eh? Lmfao.

As far as I see it, this isn't thread-drift, because this isn't really about the election. It's about everything, everything Rigorous Intuition has been about. But if it's merged with another thread, I understand.

Cross-posting from Facebook:

[Status]

4chan freaking out over Trump and Tesla tonight is the funniest shit I have ever seen on the internet.

[Comments] (All me, unless noted)

This is what spawned the freakout. [This = https://m.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comme ... pact=false ]
The FBI tonight released declassified files on both Tesla and Fred Trump. Almost certainly because three of these 4chan assholes happened to make requests around the same time. But that didn't stop /pol/tards tonight from reeling about timelines having been altered with meme magic, lmfao. I have only ever browsed that septic hellhole for half a day, and boy did I pick a good day. Never going back for another glimpse. It'll never be more entertaining than tonight.

Annnnnnd now the stench from a few hours of exposing my brain to that fetid swamp is finally kicking in and making me want to throw up. Gonna go read some vanilla-scented centrism like Friedersdorf as an artificial air freshener.

"Almost" certainly, because, well...

http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/nikola- ... nald-trump

This is part of what the FBI declassified. [This = https://vault.fbi.gov/nikola-tesla The file re: Tesla dying. ]
The guy they're talking about is Trump's uncle. Donald fucking Trump's uncle was literally the man sent in to collect whatever superadvanced technology Tesla left behind after he died, before our existential enemies got there first. I mean, uh, at least a little part of you, the part that has watched way too many movies and way too much television, is going holy shit right now, right, lol?

Again, the author regards the death ray as just a fear, when the declassified memorandum depicts a veritable panic and a race to get the tech first. Anyone really believe that Tesla was actually useless for 15 years? Not saying that John Trump discovered or invented a time machine. But it's about as perfect a Hollywood setup for that as one could ever get, no?

"As if the government would be willing to admit that it found plans for, let’s say, the Death Ray that Tesla was working on in the last years of his life."

Which is kind of what just happened.

"Almost" certainly, because, well...

http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/ma ... /PT.5.9068

"During the 1930s Trump built an enduring partnership with Van de Graaff developing high-voltage electrostatic generators. In 1933 Van de Graaff completed a spectacular 12-meter-high generator that was capable of producing a potential difference of 5 million V and had to be housed in an airship hangar at Round Hill in Dartmouth, Massachusetts, about 110 km south of Boston. Trump later contributed to the redesign of the generator when it was relocated to the Theater of Electricity at Boston’s Museum of Science, where it is still demonstrated. Trump became a life trustee of the museum."

Ask all the grade schoolers of Boston who get scared shitless by that thing on a field trip and in their expert child opinions I bet most would agree that the guy who designed those scary snapping lightning towers could probably build a time machine, too, if time travel were possible. And that guy was Trump's uncle, basically.

"In 1943, after the enigmatic Nikola Tesla’s death, the Federal Bureau of Investigation asked Trump to examine Tesla’s papers to determine whether he had been working on anything that might have relevance to the war. Trump found he had not."

Sure, lol.

FBI, though. Hmmm.

And that brings us to the other thing the 4chan inbreeds are freaking out about, their "FBIAnon" insider, whose predictions do seem to not have been falsified yet, to put it lightly. So they are freaking the fuck out about everything converging. They think their FBI insider is giving them a wink through the archive release. Honestly, I can't blame the demonic shitheads. It actually does kind of look like what they think it is, if you squint through their Pepe-slitted eyes. Which is part of what makes it so, so, so fucking funny: The merest, faintest whiff of a possibility that the answer to "Which paradigm is most closely corresponding with and influencing reality?" could be "The most flamboyant delusions imaginable of sociopathic 4chan trolls", lol.

I don't even care what would happen to the world, anymore -- I would never, ever, ever stop laughing if this demented, retarded right-wing sci-fi political thriller fantasy were true. Some men just like to watch the world...get weird. That's what this election hath made me. Whatever will weird out the country more, that's what I want to happen.

But for real, am I the only one who was under the impression that Trump's uncle was just Some Random MIT Guy? I guess Trump's revolting habit of hyperbolizing every goddamned thing led to that assumption. Figured if Trump says the guy was an important genius, then he must have actually been just a competent rando. Nope.

[Tagged Jeff]

Not a single mention of John Trump on Rune Soup, not that I could find, anyway. You must have Gordon White in your rolodex. What's his take on all this bullshit?

I posted a query on Rune Soup's Facebook page. I'm genuinely very, very curious what Gordon thinks of John Trump. I friend-requested him. I'm genuinely just as curious what you think, Jeff, too. When will the world ever need a clutch blog entry from Jeff motherfucking Wells more than now?

But on a far less woo and far more grimly real note, take a look at what the toxic slime at 4chan is digging into.

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/95817651

If this weren't a moment of such peak dread over Trump, perhaps a timeline where Sanders is up 10 points and heading to a landslide victory, an atmosphere where the tinfoil left feels like it can afford to resume its usual unbounded hunt for taboo truths, would you not be paying keen attention to these 4chan degenerates?

Hey, since I'm still banned from RI for another day, let's make this a party.

[Tagged five RI members]

RI Member: "Wombat messing with you again?"

Nah, I deserved it for speaking the truth with too much personal venom. Wombat has been nothing but fair to me. I've never not deserved a suspension dealt out by him. He is in my overall top 3 of fairest message board moderators ever. He is the best thing about RI right now.

In case you can't stomach the horror of 4chan for long, here's a related Reddit thread.

https://m.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comme ... mpact=true

Guys, gutcheck: Remember when a development like this would have been in the 90-95th percentile of Your Wildest Fucking Dreams? What happened?

https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/st ... 7756860417

By all appearances, the war to expose and overthrow the ponerocracy is beginning to be won, against all odds, in a hurry, literally fucking today. And you guys are missing all the fun.

Guys, what is happening...Erik motherfucking Prince is going on record as more interested in the immediate disclosure of elite politicians' sex crimes against children than you.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/11/ ... iner-case/

I know I'm confused. Are you? You should be.

Guys?

Ladies?
Last edited by FourthBase on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's Happening?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:42 pm

My parents are asking me about pedophile rings in Washington DC. To call that a reversal of policy would hardly be adequate to convey how weird that is. Definitely an electric week.

I worry, though, that all this Podesta stuff is a McAlpine Maneuver to insulate someone else. We're talking about a network that learns from its mistakes, and I fully expect Hillary Clinton to 1) win and 2) recreate the FUD-gasm of Operation Yewtree.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Rory » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Yew tree. The whole naming of that 'investigation' screams high level adept oversight.

http://www.witchipedia.com/herb:yew

General Information

Yew grows well in sun or shade in zones 5 through 7. Many people have domesticated yew trees or shrubs in their yards trimmed to perfect boxes or balls. These are lovely, dense evergreens that are easily trained to a hedge or ornamental shape. It has soft, flat, light green needles arranged in neat rows upon the stem. These trees are dioecious, having separate male and female plants. The male plants produce something rather cone-like, while the female plants produce something rather berry like. The "berry" (called an aril) is a fleshy red capsule, open at one end, enclosing a hard, dark green, extremely poisonous seed.

Yew is native to Europe and parts of Asia, Africa and the Middle East. It is largely used across America as an ornamental. While they are generally heavily pruned in the US, left to their own devices, yew trees can grow to 50 feet tall.
History and Folklore

Yew is very strong and resilience was once considered the material for making longbows. Ideally, the wood for a yew bow was taken from the juncture of heartwood and sapwood, and the bow contained both. Fine bows were traded between the British Isles and the mainland during the Middle Ages and as supplies were depleted, a tax of four bowstaves per tun was imposed on every ship coming into English ports in 1472. In 1562, the Bavarian government sent a plea to the Holy Roman Empire to stop cutting yew, siting damage done to the forests. The great, ancient yews protected other trees in the forest from severe winds. Lucky for the yew trees and their neighbors, guns began replacing bows soon after.

Yew was (and is) also popular in England as a hedge tree, especially in church yards where they stood watch over the headstones, perhaps in reference to their symbolism of immortality, which is likely older than Christianity, or it may have been more practical. Planting trees known to instantly kill grazing animals would have discouraged herders from allowing their animals to trample sacred sites. Some yew trees still stand in church yards that are over 500 years old. Some claim a few of these yews are over 2000 years old and remnants of pre-Christian holy sites that were co-opted by the church. Old Irish tales speak of Baile who died of grief for Ailinn and from his grave a yew tree grew.

The tradition of planting yews in churchyards and graveyards was immortalized by Alfred, Lord Tennyson in the following poem:

Old warder of these buried bones,
And answering now my random strokes
With fruitful cloud and living smoke,
Dark yew, that graspest at the stones
And dippest toward the dreamless head,
To thee too comes the golden hour
When flower is feeling after flower.''

Yew poisoning seems to have been a popular choice for honorable suicide among the ancient Celts. In their writings, Caesar, Florus and Orosius each recounted instances where Celtic individuals or groups took their own lives by yew poisoning rather than submit to their conquerors.

The Temple of Uppsala in Sweden was a temple devoted to the Norse Gods. There is little archaeological evidence for this temple, but there are a few written accounts from Adam of Bremens, the Norse sagas and Gesta Danorum. No one is sure what happened to it, though it may be speculated that the cathedral that currently stands in the town was built upon its ruins. According to legend, a great sacred evergreen stood in the temple. It is believed by some that this tree was a yew.

Yew are sacred in many Heathen and Druidic traditions. It is one of the five sacred trees of Irish mythology known as the Tree of Ross.
Propagation

The aril (the fleshy part of the berry) is a tasty treat for many types of birds including thrushes and waxwings. They swallow it and the hard poisonous seed whole. The seed passes through them intact and germinates where it falls. Because of this, yew has established a foothold in the Americas where it is an alien invader, though not as invasive as some other plants.

Yew trees are sold as ornamentals in most nurseries. They are very slow growing (and can live for thousands of years) so they are generally kept as shrubs rather than trees.
Harvesting & Storage

Cut boughs as you need them. They will stay fresh for some time in Yule wreaths and can be burned shortly after Yule in your New Year's cleansing ceremony. Needles can be dried right on the branch or stripped and laid flat to dry to make incense.
Magical Attributes

Yew is associated with the planets Saturn and Jupiter and with the Goddess Hecate.

Yew is a faerie plant and one of those plants that has a long association with witches. Yew is associated with death and rebirth and is appropriate for funeral wreathes and memorial plantings. Likewise, it is appropriate for decorating for Yule, as the winter solstice represents the cusp between the season of life and the season of death.

Although the practice is not recommended, yew may be burned during spells to raise the dead. Their spirits will be trapped within the smoke until you release them.

Yew is associated with divination and astral travel and anything that relates to communication or travel between realms. The wood is also very attractive in form and coloring. This makes it especially useful for making runes, Ogham sticks, frames for scrying mirrors, talking boards and other divination tools, but it should not be used for goblets or any dishes that will be eaten from. People have died from drinking wine stored in yew barrels!
Household Use

Yew wood is flexible and strong and was traditionally used for bows. It is also very pretty and sometimes gnarly in form. This makes it ideal for use to create useful pieces of art. Do not use it to make anything that will be eaten or drunk from because it is very poisonous.
Healing Attributes

Extracts from yew have been used for the treatment of cancer. Yew is, however, extremely toxic and should never be used by the lay herbalist. Ever.
Culinary Use

The fleshy berry is edible, but the hard seed within is deadly poison. Best to leave it alone. The leaves also are poisonous. It is said that cattle who graze on yew will die within minutes.
Rory

Postby dada » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:23 pm

This makes me happy. Thanks for that, FB. It's like someone pulled the RI polarity-reverser lever.

You are to be commended for braving the bowels of the bowels. I feel for you. I could stomach it, but why would I.

Knowing this board is way ahead of the curve is enough for me. Saying 'we were there before the trolls' doesn't seem like something to brag about. I don't want to see us get dragged through the black hole into troll-world by association.

And yeah, this stuff is only gaining traction as political fodder. Nothing is really changing. The content only has value as weapon, people don't really want to know about it. The ugly truths being dragged into the light won't stay there for sustained scrutiny. They'll be swept away in a flood of journalistic misdirection, and submerged in the subconscious of all the good citizens of planet internet.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:30 pm

Rory » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:50 am wrote:Yew tree. The whole naming of that 'investigation' screams high level adept oversight.

Also from wiki about Operation YewTree:

"Operation Yewtree is a police investigation into sexual abuse allegations, predominantly the abuse of children, against the British media personality Jimmy Savile and others. The investigation, led by the Metropolitan Police Service, started in October 2012. After a period of assessment it became a full criminal investigation, involving inquiries into living people, notably other celebrities,[1] as well as Savile.
The report of the investigations into the activities of Savile himself was published, as Giving Victims a Voice, in January 2013. Operation Yewtree continued as an investigation into others, some but not all linked with Savile. By October 2015, 19 people had been arrested by Operation Yewtree;[2] six of these arrests led to convictions.[3] The "Yewtree effect" has been credited for an increase in the number of reported sex crimes,[4] while the operation also sparked a debate on police procedure and rights of those accused of sex crimes.
"Yewtree" was chosen from a list of names which are intended to be neutral and unrelated to each particular case, in a system dating back to the 1980s for operations which are started to handle specific crimes, as opposed to more general, pro-active operations with names connected to their intent.[5]"

More wiki at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yewtree

The official version of the naming of Operation Yew Tree is stated as neutral and unrelated to Operation Yew Tree, the criminal investigation into the pedophile activities of Jimmy Savile and others, mostly celebrities.

Note there is another Taxus species, Taxus brevifolia (Pacific yew) , that occurs in the western United States as an occasional species, usually occurring as n understory tree with Douglas-fir. The Pacific Yew is a culturally important species for most Native American Tribes of the heavily forested Northwestern Pacific slope. In modern times Pacific yew gained attention as a natural source of the cancer, specifically ovary drug taxol that has now been synthesized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxus_brevifolia

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/pubs/silvics_ma ... ifolia.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really interesting survey, FourthBase.

The posters at RI distill issues like few other small communities. I am often awed.
PufPuf93

Postby semper occultus » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:36 pm

...I really grok a Tesla-Trump connection in the light of Shelby Downard's Carnivals of Life & Death wherein he manages to mash-up Alexander Graham Bell, paedo-sex-magick orgies, & the Klan...

...anyone grab a copy of this btw...? ( dead link ) :hrumph

Dr. Richard B Spence “Searching for James Shelby Downard.“
Last edited by semper occultus on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
semper occultus

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:41 pm

guruilla's message board had an amazing thread about yew trees, now scrubbed by the poster who authored it
tapitsbo

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozw24RACZ8

Published on Jan 20, 2016
Vignettes of early radiation workers with John G. Trump, DSc Professor of electrical engineering MIT. Moderated by Lauriston S. Taylor. In his video series "Vignettes of Early Radiation Workers" Taylor interviews pioneers on topics in "fields that have impinged on the applications of ionizing radiation to diagnostic and therapeutic radiology"; Trump has been involved in the "development of high-voltage radiation producing machines making them available for research applications such as medicine." August 29, 1978.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 pm

semper occultus » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:36 pm wrote:...I really grok a Tesla-Trump connection in the light of Shelby Downard's Carnivals of Life & Death wherein he manages to mash-up Alexander Graham Bell, paedo-sex-magick orgies, & the Klan...

...anyone grab a copy of this btw...? ( dead link ) :hrumph

Dr. Richard B Spence “Searching for James Shelby Downard.“

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... ent=safari

http://www.oddthingsconsidered.com/the- ... y-downard/

sorry haven't found anything else yet
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby semper occultus » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:02 pm

....thanks SLAD, yes those are the old links to the original site which I think was a group involving Adam Gorightly & Greg Bishop and some others - its the sort of thing e.g. Elfismiles or Capt Marginal might have squirreled away in one of their deformed-hunch-back-infested lower-level dungeons though..( never know )
semper occultus

Postby Jerky » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Anybody who is happy that 4chan has hopped on board the "elite pedo" train is... well, let me just say, I don't share your enthusiasm.

And if you think HIllary Clinton getting involved in sending aid to Southeast Asia after the tsunami, or getting help to the "child snatcher" missionaries in Haiti, is evidence that she, herself, is an elite pedo... I suspect it is far more liekly that you are experiencing an upwelling of your own deep repressed sexuality.

Seriously, read this story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... phans.html

If the FIRST thing that comes to mind is "elite pedo sex ring", then I think it says more about you than it does about them.

Also, after a thorough going over of that 4chan chain, I feel like I have to Clorox my eyeballs... and NOT because of the "revelations", but because of the residual psychic slime left over from memetic contact with such willfully vile, unceasingly filth-mired souls.

All I could think as I was reading was "God help us all." And I've been an atheist since the age of 5.

Jerky
Jerky

Postby norton ash » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:13 pm

What's Happening??? Damn, I thought this thread was about the 70's sitcom... it was an opportunity for young rural Canadians to learn about American negroes.

Zen horse
norton ash

Postby FourthBase » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Jerky » 04 Nov 2016 14:49 wrote:Anybody who is happy that 4chan has hopped on board the "elite pedo" train is... well, let me just say, I don't share your enthusiasm.

And if you think HIllary Clinton getting involved in sending aid to Southeast Asia after the tsunami, or getting help to the "child snatcher" missionaries in Haiti, is evidence that she, herself, is an elite pedo... I suspect it is far more liekly that you are experiencing an upwelling of your own deep repressed sexuality.

Seriously, read this story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... phans.html

If the FIRST thing that comes to mind is "elite pedo sex ring", then I think it says more about you than it does about them.

Also, after a thorough going over of that 4chan chain, I feel like I have to Clorox my eyeballs... and NOT because of the "revelations", but because of the residual psychic slime left over from memetic contact with such willfully vile, unceasingly filth-mired souls.

All I could think as I was reading was "God help us all." And I've been an atheist since the age of 5.

Jerky

Am I on the wrong board?
This is Rigorous Intuition, right?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Jerky » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Yes, "Rigorous Intuition", not "Gullible Fucking Dupesville".

YOPJ
Jerky

Postby Novem5er » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:21 pm

FourthBase » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:10 pm wrote:
Am I on the wrong board?
This is Rigorous Intuition, right?

I think we'll get back to Rigorous Intuition sometime next week. I hope so. This election has gotten so insane, so over the top, that it's come back full-circle to boring. I'm bored.

Let's just elect the next terrible president and get back to our regularly scheduled programming. :) This thread was a welcome break, if not entirely because of content, but because of its presentation. Good job :thumbsup
Novem5er

Next

Return to General Discussion