Trumpublicons: Foreign Influence/Grifting in '16 US Election

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Trumpublicons: Foreign Influence/Grifting in '16 US Elec

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 pm

today's testimony

do you think Stone just got lucky with his self-promoting bullshit timing when he called trump to tell him about the emails? pretty good guess I guess just a couple days later

RELEVANCE

I've posted this before I can not help that you don't believe it

following the evidence from the Russian side of the investigation led the Special Counsel's Office to Roger Stone

ROGER STONE AND THE DOZENS OF SEARCH WARRANTS ON ACCOUNTS USED TO FACILITATE THE TRANSFER AND PROMOTION OF STOLEN DEMOCRATIC EMAILS
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40914&start=45

The SCO says evidence in Roger Stone's case was found in accounts that were searched for the GRU case, in which 11 Russian military officers were charged with a conspiracy to interfere in the election.

In other words, following the evidence from the Russian side of the investigation led the Special Counsel's Office to Roger Stone. Consider the implications of that.

For another, it includes the first SCO confirmation of @NatashaBertrand's report that Stone communicated directly with Assange. It also firmly ties Stone to paragraph 44 of the Netyshko indictment, which quoted his DMs with Guccifer 2.0 but didn't name him.

Special counsel prosecutors say they have communications of Stone with WikiLeaks
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40914&start=45

seemslikeadream » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:35 pm wrote:
Brad Heath

Mueller's office says in a new court filing that investigators executed search warrants on accounts used to "facilitate the transfer of stolen documents for release" and several included communications with Roger Stone.

Mueller's office says the charges against Roger Stone "are part of the same alleged criminal event or transaction" as the ones it filed against Russian intelligence officers for hacking Democratic political organizations.

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/10 ... 3952496640

Special counsel prosecutors say they have communications of Stone with WikiLeaks

Washington (CNN)Prosecutors said for the first time that they have evidence of Roger Stone communicating with WikiLeaks, according to a new court filing from special counsel prosecutors.

During its investigation of the Russian hack of the Democrats, "the government obtained and executed dozens of search warrants on various accounts used to facilitate the transfer of stolen documents for release, as well as to discuss the timing and promotion of their release," the prosecutors wrote Friday to a federal judge.

"Several of those search warrants were executed on accounts that contained Stone's communications with Guccifer 2.0 and with Organization 1," which is WikiLeaks.

Previously, the prosecutors had only outlined how Stone attempted to get in touch with WikiLeaks' Julian Assange through intermediaries. Stone sought to learn about what the hackers had stolen from the Democratic Party and how he hoped for its release so it could help Donald Trump's campaign, prosecutors have said.

The new filing provided no further details on what was contained in the communications.

There is one known exchange of messages between WikiLeaks and Stone. In February 2018, the Atlantic reported the Stone exchanged direct messages via Twitter with the WikiLeaks account in which Stone was asked to stop associating himself with the site. Both denied they were in contact about the release of Clinton emails.
The prosecutors have not yet explained in full the extent to which Stone actually reached WikiLeaks or Assange, or levied public charges against them for their role in the distribution of the hacked data.

Friday's filing is the strongest detail yet provided by the prosecutors that Stone and WikiLeaks were in touch.

Prosecutors stated that in obtaining the accounts, they found communications between Stone and WikiLeaks, which is only described as Organization 1, as well as Guccifer 2.0 which is the alias used by Russian intelligence to disseminate the documents.

Stone and his legal team will have access to these search warrants as they review evidence in the case to prepare for his trial. He has pleaded not guilty to charges of witness tampering, obstruction of justice and lying.

Case will not be reassigned

Judge Amy Berman Jackson on Friday denied Stone's attempt to get a new judge in his case, by alleging that his charges are unrelated to a case about the Russian hack of the Democrats. Prosecutors say they are indeed related, partly because they both hinge on some of the same search warrants.

Gag order

Jackson also placed a gag order on Stone and attorneys involved in his criminal case, though Stone's ability to speak publicly isn't completely restricted.

Lawyers "for the parties and the witnesses must refrain from making statements to the media or in public settings that pose a substantial likelihood of material prejudice to this case," Jackson wrote.

They, their clients and even Stone are also not allowed to speak in and around the courthouse.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/politics ... index.html

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:21 pm

None of this proves Russian interference in the elections, and "Guccifer 2.0" has been shown to be a likely fraud, or minimally, a mis/disinformant. There's a thread within this forum that details analysis performed on Guccifer 2.0 findings, and it counters the claims purported by many mainstream outlets.

Trump is a criminal, without a doubt. Stone/Cohen as well, surely.

But Russian interference in the 2016 election? There's more indications of DOMESTIC interference in this past election. Foreigners needn't apply.

I imagine we'll all be quite interested in the outcome of Mueller's findings. I'd like to believe it'll finally put this all to rest, but surely that's a fool's aspiration.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:27 pm

read the last page 129 it is all there and the Mueller findings are only the beginning ...I've said that before also

following the evidence from the Russian side of the investigation led the Special Counsel's Office to Roger Stone

and I guess you missed this one too

Moscow court sentenced an ex-top manager of Kaspersky Lab to 14 years in prison for state treason. He allegedly passed on to the Americans the info about the hacking of the U.S. Democratic Party servers in 2016. If Russia was not behind the hack as the Kremlin says, why treason?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40330&start=75
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:40 pm

I'll dedicate more time into looking at this further when time allows. However, regarding this:

Moscow court sentenced an ex-top manager of Kaspersky Lab to 14 years in prison for state treason.

A cursory search yields the following:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-fi ... of-treason

A Russian military court on Tuesday found two cyber security experts from Kaspersky Lab guilty of treason. The men, a former state security officer and a former cyber-security expert at Kaspersky Lab, were sentenced to 22 and 14 years in jail, respectively, Russian news agencies reported. Col. Sergei Mikhailov, a former officer in Russia’s Federal Security Service, and Ruslan Stoyanov, head of the computer incidents investigation team at Kaspersky Lab, were both convicted of passing secret information to foreign intelligence services, agencies reported. During a top-secret trial, the men faced accusations that they shared confidential material from a 2010 cybercrime and spam investigation to an analyst at a U.S. security firm. That analyst, Kimberly Zenz, never testified—and insisted in an interview with The Daily Beast that Stoyanov didn’t commit treason.

Last year, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) required the U.S. government to fully purge itself of “any hardware, software, or services developed or provided, in whole or in part,” by Kaspersky Lab. The purge was over concerns the Kremlin may use the Moscow-based company to infiltrate or infect U.S. computer networks that used the software.

If this is indeed what you're referring to, I don't see any reference to the 2016 election here.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 pm

It is expected that former head of operational control of the Information Security Center of Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) Sergei Mikhailov, sentenced for 22 years behind bars, will also appeal the court’s verdict.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40330&start=75

Russian Spy Tied to DNC Hacking Arrested for Treason

Emrah Gurel
ByJOSH MARSHALL
PublishedJANUARY 25, 2017, 8:07 PM EDT

I had seen references to this over the last two days. But those references were in publications I was not familiar with or, so I was told, in Russian language publications which I couldn't read. But now The New York Times is reporting that the number two man in the department which purportedly oversaw the hacking campaign against the Democratic party in the United States, Sergei Mikhailov, has been arrested for treason.

Putin-era Russia is rather limited when it comes to the rule of law. It is not uncommon for those who fall from grace to find themselves targeted with prosecution. This was the method by which Putin brought the oligarchs to heel early in his reign. But treason is of course the most serious of charges.

From the Times ....
A senior official in the Russian cyberintelligence department that American officials say oversaw last year’s election hacking has been arrested in Moscow on charges of treason, a Russian newspaper reported Wednesday.
The arrest of Sergei Mikhailov, a senior officer of the Federal Security Service, or F.S.B., the main successor agency to the K.G.B., is a rare instance of turmoil in the country’s usually shadowy cybersecurity apparatus slipping into public view.

Mr. Mikhailov served in the F.S.B.’s Center for Information Security, the agency’s cyberintelligence branch, which has been implicated in the American election hacking. But it is not clear whether the arrest was related to those intrusions.

It may not be clear or known. But given the crisis touched off by the hacking campaign, US accusations about it and sanctions tied to it, it rather beggars credulity that they are not connected. Meanwhile, the AP reports that a cybersecurity expert at a firm which works closely with the FSB (the successor to the KGB) has also been arrested.
A manager in charge of investigating hacking attacks at Russia's biggest cybersecurity firm has been arrested, the company said Wednesday.
Kaspersky Lab on Wednesday confirmed reports in Russia's respected Kommersant newspaper that Ruslan Stoyanov, head of its computer incidents investigations unit, was arrested in December. Kommersant said that Stoyanov was arrested along with a senior Russian FSB intelligence officer and that they both face charges of treason.

These two arrests are being reported as coming right upon one another and presumably related. But a week and a half ago there was another development. Andrei Gerasimov, the head of the FSB’s Information Security Center since 2009 was fired. There was speculation in the press that the dismissal was corruption related. A reporter for Agence France-Presse speculated on twitter whether the dismissal might have been tied to the revelation of the Trump 'dossier' published by Buzzfeed.

Could this be an olive branch to Trump? Could this person have been accused of being an asset of US intelligence? Russian politics are notoriously opaque, their espionage and legal system even more so. Knowing very little about any of them, I have little basis to speculate. But someone fairly consequential seems to be up.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/rus ... or-treason
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 pm

Again, I see nothing of substance. The prior link I provided indicates the arrest on charges of treason pertain to a 2010 incident.

A senior official in the Russian cyberintelligence department that American officials say oversaw last year’s election hacking has been arrested in Moscow on charges of treason, a Russian newspaper reported Wednesday.

Anything else beyond the above line? "American officials say oversaw last year's election hacking". Pardon me if I don't find this to be damning evidence.

Again, his arrest pertains to a 2010 incident. The rest is LEAPING. Unless I'm missing tangible evidence somewhere...
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:58 pm

whatever..

The arrest of Sergei Mikhailov, a senior officer of the Federal Security Service, or F.S.B., the main successor agency to the K.G.B., is a rare instance of turmoil in the country’s usually shadowy cybersecurity apparatus slipping into public view.

Dutch took pictures of Russian hackers of US Democrats

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:03 pm

Yes. I quoted the same in my prior reply. What does this mean? The NY Times, a paper renowned for stretching truth, with intelligence assets as 'advisors', if not on their payroll, offers the tepid claim that anonymous "American officials" SAY this. Again, where's the evidence? Where's the substance?

Smoke

and

Mirrors
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:04 pm

so now we will move on to you not believing the Dutch

Amsterdam: The Dutch intelligence agency AIVD had access to the Russian group believed to be behind the hack of the Democratic Party years ahead of US elections, local media reported.

Not only did the Dutch hack into Cozy Bear’s network, they also hacked the security cameras outside the building the Russian hackers worked in— allowing them to be identified and compared to known Russian spies.

Dutch Spied on Russian Group Linked to 2016 U.S. Election Hacks

Dutch spies tipped off NSA that Russia was hacking the Democrats, new reports claim

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40179&start=1920
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:07 pm

Please provide the link/source. I'll take a look at it and provide thoughts when I have time.

Somehow I doubt I'll find the smoking gun... perhaps a cork gun, though.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 pm

it is on preceding page but why not I will post it again for the 4th time

seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:24 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:33 pm wrote:US intelligence able to claim high confidence intel assessments that Russia interfered

AIVD didn't just hack the servers - they hacked cameras WHERE THE HACKERS WERE SITTING

They know exactly who did what to hack US political targets.

JANUARY 26 2018 - 11:07AM

Dutch took pictures of Russian hackers of US Democrats: local media

Amsterdam: The Dutch intelligence agency AIVD had access to the Russian group believed to be behind the hack of the Democratic Party years ahead of US elections, local media reported.

The Dutch intelligence group also hacked a security camera near the office entrance gaining images of the Russians involved, according to Dutch newspaper de Volkskrant.

AIVD managed to track down the physical location of a hacking group known as APT29, or Cozy Bear, to a university building near the Red Square, de Volkskrant reported.

The Moscow-based group is widely suspected of hacking the Democratic Party and is believed to be linked to the Russian government.

Current affairs program Nieuwsuur and newspaper de Volkskrant based the story on several anonymous intelligence sources in the Netherlands and the United States.

American intelligence agencies' 'high confidence' in attributing a Russian hand in the hacking of the Democratic Party comes from the AIVD hackers having "had access to the office-like space in the center of Moscow for years", the Dutch report says.

The Dutch intelligence professionals also gained access to security cameras which revealed who entered and exited the facility.

"Not only can the intelligence service now see what the Russians are doing, they can also see who's doing it," Volkskrant reported.

AIVD took pictures of every visitor which were then compared with known Russian spies.

For months rumours have circulated online about the role non-US intelligence agencies have played in tracking Russian efforts to hack US political figures and subvert the 2016 election.

The Volkskrant provides the clearest picture yet of the help received by US agencies.

One US official, former State Department official overseeing cyber issues, is quoted in the report saying: 'We'd never expected that the Russians would do this, attacking our vital infrastructure and undermining our democracy.'

Agents with the AIVD maintained access to the group's headquarters and between 2014 and 2017 and passed along information to the US Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency, the report said.

The Dutch intelligence may have contributed to the Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election race, the report said.
http://www.theage.com.au/world/dutch-sp ... 125-p4yywo

Not only did the Dutch hack into Cozy Bear’s network, they also hacked the security cameras outside the building the Russian hackers worked in— allowing them to be identified and compared to known Russian spies.

Dutch intelligence first to alert U.S. about Russian hack of Democratic Party
GISTEREN, 21:35 AANGEPAST GISTEREN, 21:44BUITENLAND
NIEUWSUUR
GESCHREVEN DOOR
Eelco Bosch van Rosenthal
verslaggever
In the Summer of 2015, Dutch intelligence services were the first to alert their American counterparts about the cyberintrusion of the Democratic National Committee by Cozy Bear, a hacking group believed to be tied to the Russian government. Intelligence hackers from Dutch AIVD (General Intelligence and Security Service) had penetrated the Cozy Bear computer servers as well as a security camera at the entrance of their working space, located in a university building adjacent to the Red Square in Moscow.

Over the course of a few months, they saw how the Russians penetrated several U.S. institutions, including the State Department, the White House, and the DNC. On all these occasions, the Dutch alerted the U.S. intelligence services, Dutch tv programme Nieuwsuur and de Volkskrant, a prominent newspaper in The Netherlands, jointly report on Thursday. This account is based on interviews with a dozen political, diplomatic and intelligence sources in The Netherlands and the U.S. with direct knowledge of the matter. None of them wanted to speak on the record, given the classified details of the matter.

Not only had Dutch intelligence penetrated the computer network of the hackers, they also managed to hack a security camera in the corridor. This allowed them to see exactly who entered the hacking room. Information about these individuals was shared with the US intelligence services. Dutch intelligence services consider Cozy Bear an extension of the SVR, the Russian foreign intelligence service, which is firmly controlled by President Putin.

The information shared by The Netherlands about the hacks at the DNC ended up on the desk of Robert Mueller, the Special Prosecutor leading the FBI investigation into possible Russian interference in the American elections. As early as December, the New York Times reported that information from, among others, Australia, the United Kingdom and The Netherlands had propelled the FBI investigation.

Gaining access to the network

In the summer of 2014, the Joint Sigint Cyber Unit (JSCU) was launched, a joint unit of AIVD and MIVD, the Dutch Military Intelligence and Security Service. Based in the Dutch city of Zoetermeer, it focuses on, among other things, obtaining intelligence through cyber operations. That same summer, the unit received a tip about a group of Russian hackers based at a university complex in Moscow. An AIVD hacking team, operating under the JSCU flag, subsequently succeeded in penetrating the internal Russian computer network. Not only did the AIVD gain access the computer network, it also hacked the security camera in the corridor.

After a few months, in November 2014, the Dutch watched as the Russian hackers penetrated the computer network of the State Department. After being alerted to this by the Dutch intelligence chiefs, it took the Americans over 24 hours to avert the Russian attack, after a digital clash which, years later, at a discussion forum in Aspen, the Deputy Director of the NSA would refer to as hand-to-hand combat . Basing itself on intelligence sources, the Washington Post wrote that a Western ally had been of assistance.

In the autumn of 2014, the Russians also gained access to the non-classified computer network of the White House. This allowed them to see confidential memos and non-public information about the itinerary of President Obama, and to at least part of President Obama's email correspondence. These hacks, too, were exposed by the Dutch intelligence services, which subsequently notified the Americans.

Cozy bear

The Russian hackers belong to a group that, over the years, the intelligence services and cyber security companies had referred to alternatively as The Dukes and APT29, but that for several years now has mostly been known as Cozy Bear. Most Western intelligence services assume that the group is controlled by foreign intelligence service SVR. For years, Western intelligence services and cyber security companies have been hunting the group, which has attacked government agencies and businesses around the globe, including in The Netherlands.

Together with another group of Russian hackers (Fancy Bear, also known as APT28), Cozy Bear is also held responsible for the cyberintrusion of the DNC. In April 2016, Fancy Bear accessed the Washington servers of the Democrats; Cozy Bear had done so as early as the summer of 2015. Once more, the group was caught red-handed by the Dutch, who again alerted their U.S. counterparts.

It is not clear why the hacks at the DNC could continue for so long despite the Dutch warnings. Last year, The New York Times reported that for months, the DNC had not taken the FBI warnings seriously. Eventually, cybersecurity company Crowdstrike, which was investigating the matter on behalf of the Democratic Party, also concluded that Cozy Bear and Fancy Bear were jointly responsible for the hacks. According to the US intelligence services, Russian officials eventually passed on the emails hacked by Fancy Bear to Wikileaks, which published them. The published emails caused a huge scandal in the American election campaign.

College Tour

Last Sunday on Dutch television programme College Tour, Rob Bertholee, head of AIVD, said that he had no doubt that the Kremlin was directly responsible for the Russian cyber campaign against U.S. government agencies. Bertholee as well as Pieter Bindt, who was heading MIVD at the time, personally discussed the DNC matter with James Clapper, at the time overall head of the US intelligence services, and Michael Rogers, who is soon to retire as the head of the NSA.

As of now, the AIVD hackers do not seem to have access to Cozy Bear any longer. Sources suggest that the openness of US intelligence sources, who in 2017 praised the help of a Western ally in news stories, may have ruined their operation. The openness caused great anger in The Hague and Zoetermeer. In the television programme College Tour, this month, AIVD director Bertholee stated that he is extra careful when it comes to sharing intelligence with the U.S., now that Donald Trump is President.
https://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/221376 ... party.html

from Bloomberg

Dutch Spied on Russian Group Linked to 2016 U.S. Election Hacks
By Wout Vergauwen
January 26, 2018, 3:38 AM CST Updated on January 26, 2018, 5:32 AM CST
Dutch agency hacked ‘Cozy Bear’ network in summer of 2014
Newspaper investigation cites six people with direct knowledge
The Dutch intelligence service passed on “crucial evidence” to the FBI about Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Dutch newspaper de Volkskrant reported Friday, citing the results of an investigation.

Hackers from the Dutch intelligence service known as the AIVD gained access to the network of Russian hacking group “Cozy Bear” in the summer of 2014. While monitoring the group’s activities, the AIVD learned of attacks launched on the Democratic Party, according to six unidentified American and Dutch sources cited by the investigation.

The information provided by the Dutch gave grounds for the FBI to start an investigation into the influence of Russian interference on the election race between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, according to the newspaper report based on a collaborative investigation with Eelco Bosch van Rosenthal, a journalist at Dutch news program Nieuwsuur. A spokeswoman for the AIVD declined to comment on the report when contacted by phone on Friday.

Russia didn’t hear any statement from Dutch special services in this case, Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian president Vladimir Putin, told reporters on a conference call.

A Jan. 6, 2017 report issued by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, based on an assessment by the CIA, FBI and NSA, said that the U.S. had “high confidence” that Putin had ordered “an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election.” The Kremlin “aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting” Clinton, the report said.

Moscow Access

Volkskrant cited sources as saying this certainty was derived from “AIVD hackers having had access to the office-like space in the center of Moscow for years.”

Follow the Trump Administration’s Every Move
Based on pictures taken of visitors to the Moscow-based hacking center, the AIVD managed to deduce that the hacker group was led by Russia’s external intelligence agency, the SVR.

The AIVD and its military counterpart, MIVD, informed the NSA liaison at the U.S. embassy in The Hague in November 2014 of Russian preparations to attack the State Department, enabling the NSA and FBI to counter Russian attempts. The information was found important enough for the NSA to open a direct line with the AIVD headquarters in Zoetermeer, Netherlands.

Trump Won’t Admit Russian Meddling, Strengthening Putin’s Hand

The Americans were taken completely by surprise by the Russian aggression, the U.S.’s former top cyber diplomat, Chris Painter, told Volkskrant, adding that unpreparedness by the U.S. intelligence services was “one of the reasons the Dutch access was so appreciated.”

Volkskrant said it spoke with 15 people over the course of the seven-month investigation. Six of those had direct knowledge of the Dutch access while the other nine are familiar with the intelligence community, the working methods of Russian hacking groups or the U.S.-Dutch international relationship, it said.

“Throwing coal into the furnace of anti-Russian hysteria that’s going on in America is not the most noble task,” Russia’s Peskov commented on the Dutch newspaper reports.

— With assistance by Stepan Kravchenko
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... tion-hacks

from ZNET

Dutch spies tipped off NSA that Russia was hacking the Democrats, new reports claim

Netherlands intelligence penetrated Russia's US election hackers and alerted US counterparts, sources say.

By David Meyer for Benelux | January 26, 2018 -- 11:09 GMT (03:09 PST) | Topic: Security

The Netherlands AIVD's access to the Russian hackers' networks yielded "crucial evidence" of Russian involvement in the Democratic leaks.

Netherlands newspaper de Volkskrant and the public broadcaster NOS reported on Thursday evening that AIVD hackers had penetrated the Russian operation back in the summer of 2014.

The Russian operation was what security researchers at CrowdStrike would later dub Cozy Bear, which, along with a separate group called Fancy Bear, emerged as the prime suspects for the hacking of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) during the 2016 presidential election campaign.

The emails covered communications spanning 2015 and the early months of 2016 and -- when they appeared on a site called DCLeaks and on Julian Assange's WikiLeaks in mid-2016 -- they greatly embarrassed the Democrats at a crucial time in the campaign.

Apart from reams of sensitive personal information, the emails demonstrated that the DNC had clearly favored the candidacy of Hillary Clinton during the Democratic primaries, and had undermined Bernie Sanders' bid to take on the Republicans from the left.

According to the new reports, the AIVD's access to the Russian hackers' networks yielded "crucial evidence" of Russian involvement in the DNC leaks, a matter that is now a key focus of special prosecutor Robert Mueller's investigation into possible collusion between Donald Trump's campaign and the Kremlin.

What exactly did the Dutch spies learn about Cozy Bear, also known as APT29? The precise details remain a mystery for now, but Thursday's reports draw on six US and Netherlands sources to argue that the Russian operation was responsible for attacks around the world since 2010.

Targets included "governments, energy corporations and telecom companies", some of them in the Netherlands.

Cozy Bear apparently comprised around 10 active agents at most times. The AIVD managed to hack into the security camera watching those entering and leaving the hackers' room in a university building, which allowed the Dutch to figure out that Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) was running the operation.

After the Dutch intelligence agency spotted the Russians hacking the US State Department and warned the NSA, a 24-hour-long battle between attackers and defenders reportedly ensued.

Before being booted out of the State Department's systems, the Russians managed to send a plausible-looking email to the White House, which in turn gave them access to servers holding some of then-president Barack Obama's emails.

In return for all this intelligence, the Americans reportedly sent some back to their Dutch counterparts, along with cake and flowers. However, the story has a sour ending.

With Trump denying any Russian support in his victory, US intelligence has been leaking like a sieve to prove the contrary. According to de Volkskrant, these leaks angered the Dutch, who didn't want their access -- now lost -- to be revealed, even if they were not specifically identified to the media as the source of all this crucial information.

As is the case with Israel and the UK, both of which have been burned by Trump himself after divulging intelligence to the US, the Dutch are now warier about sharing the secrets they find with the Americans.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/dutch-spie ... rts-claim/

from Reuters

Dutch intelligence agency spied on Russian hacking group: media

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Dutch intelligence agency AIVD spied on the Russian group believed to be behind the hack of the Democratic Party ahead of U.S. elections, local media reported on Thursday.

Current affairs program Nieuwsuur and newspaper de Volkskrant based the story on several anonymous intelligence sources in the Netherlands and the United States.

The Moscow-based group known as Cozy Bear is widely suspected of hacking the Democratic Party and is believed to be linked to the Russian government.

Agents with the AIVD gained access to the group’s headquarters and between 2014 and 2017 passed along information to the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency, the report said.

The Dutch intelligence may have contributed to the Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election race, the report said.

The FBI and the AIVD were not immediately available for comment.

Reporting by Anthony Deutsch and Dustin Volz; Editing by James Dalgleish
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-neth ... SKBN1FE34W

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:12 pm

It's a reference to Cozy Bear/Guccifer 2.0. See my earlier comments. Also, I direct you to this thread, which contains myriad analysis findings that find plenty of flaws in this 'Cozy Bear'/Guccifer 2.0 storyline that's been pervasive among mainstream channels:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41097&p=658776&hilit=guccifer#p658776

Get back to me with your thoughts, rather than copy-pasta, which won't garner further replies from me.
(now you know how to shut me up: proceed with the copy-paste, and I shall steer clear)
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 pm

address the Dutch
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 pm

There's NOTHING to address Re: "the Dutch", and in any event, I already did. "The Dutch" refer to this "Cozy Bear" persona, which is addressed in part in the thread link I provided Re: Guccifer 2.0 analysis.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:19 pm

Dutch spies tipped off NSA that Russia was hacking the Democrats

I guess there is just no more to say

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion