Trumpublicons: Foreign Influence/Grifting in '16 US Election

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: NSA Chief Russia Hacked '16 Election Congress Must Inves

Postby 0_0 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:08 pm

oh i see it's a gif reaction board now where it's all about slad, funny i thought it was a discussion board but apparently i am just dandruff

yeh maybe it's about this and if that cant stand to scrutiny then maybe it's about that and then maybe it's about this again when everyone forgot that it pretty much got shown for the nonsense it is

oh and norton ash piles on saying it's me who's inflexible and polarized, okay.. #highschooldrama

can we try and just be on point instead of on person for a change?
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Apparently we need a refresher course on other aspects of this crime in progress

Mueller team asks about Trump's Russian business dealings as he weighed a run for president
By Kara Scannell, Pamela Brown, Gloria Borger and Jim Sciutto, CNN

Updated 8:31 PM ET, Tue February 27, 2018

(CNN)Investigators for special counsel Robert Mueller have recently been asking witnesses about Donald Trump's business activities in Russia prior to the 2016 presidential campaign as he considered a run for president, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Questions to some witnesses during wide-ranging interviews included the timing of Trump's decision to seek the presidency, potentially compromising information the Russians may have had about him, and why efforts to brand a Trump Tower in Moscow fell through, two sources said.
The lines of inquiry indicate Mueller's team is reaching beyond the campaign to explore how the Russians might have sought to influence Trump at a time when he was discussing deals in Moscow and contemplating a presidential run.
Mueller was appointed to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 campaign. The President claims that any investigation of his family's finances would be a breach of the special counsel's mandate.
Two of the sources said they do not know from the questions asked whether Mueller has concrete evidence to indicate wrongdoing.
"You ask everything even if you don't think it's credible," one of the sources said, adding, "the allegations are out there, and it was checking the box."
The special counsel's office, an attorney for the President and the Trump Organization all declined to comment for this story.
Questions about Trump's entry into the campaign
Investigators asked one witness when Trump became serious about running for President, a person familiar with the matter said, adding that investigators seemed very interested in when Trump actually decided to run and how that coincided with his business ventures.
The source said the witness told Mueller's team his impression was that Trump was serious about running back in 2014. Trump tweeted earlier this month that he "didn't know" that he was going to run for president in 2014.
This witness was also asked whether Russians had been seen in the office at Trump Tower New York prior to 2015. The answer was no.
Questions have also touched on the possibility of compromising information that Russians may have or claim to have about Trump, according to two sources familiar with the matter. That subject matter echoes claims in a controversial dossier written by a former British spy who was paid by an opposition research firm underwritten by Trump's Democratic opponents.
Questions about Trump's Moscow trip
Several lines of questioning to witnesses have centered on the 2013 Miss Universe pageant, which was held in Moscow, and unsuccessful discussions to brand a Trump Tower Moscow, two sources said.
For the pageant, Trump partnered with Aras Agalarov, and his son, Emin Agalarov, billionaire real estate developers in Russia. In congressional testimony last year, Donald Trump Jr. said that "preliminary discussions" to build a tower in Moscow began between the Trump Organization and the Agalarovs after the Miss Universe pageant. Trump tweeted with excitement about the potential project, saying "Trump Tower-Moscow is next."
But the plans fell through. Rob Goldstone, a publicist for pop star Emin Agalarov, told Yahoo News last year that the Trump Tower deal was scrapped because "the economy tanked in Russia" from harsh sanctions imposed by Western countries.
One of the sources said, based on the questions, that Mueller's team was focused on the financing of the Miss Universe Pageant, such as who paid for what and what money was paid to whom.
The Trump Organization has never disclosed exactly how much it was paid to hold the beauty pageant in Russia. But Trump's lawyers said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee that the Trump Organization made $12.2 million from foreign sources that year, and a "substantial portion" came from the Moscow event.
A second area of focus was what happened during the event. The source said questions also focused on meetings Trump had with Russian business people or government officials, leading the source to believe the investigators were probing the possibility of "kompromat," or compromising material, on Trump.
Along these lines, the source said, investigators were interested in logistics surrounding Trump's hotel room in Moscow: Who was there? Who would have access to it? Who was in charge of security? Who was moving around with him during the trip?
About two years after the pageant, Trump Organization attorney Michael Cohen began negotiations with another Russian company for a Trump Tower in Moscow. Trump even signed a non-binding letter of intent in October 2015. But Cohen says he cut off negotiations in January 2016. One of the sources said Mueller's team has also asked about this project, in addition to the potential Agalarov deal.
Trump did not mention during the presidential campaign that his company explored these two business deals in Russia. Instead, he insisted that he had "nothing to do with Russia." Even when talking about his past dealings with Russians -- like the Miss Universe pageant -- Trump never referred to the prospective deal that fell through a few weeks before the Iowa caucuses.
Trump's past business dealings have been an area of interest to counterintelligence officials. CNN has previously reported that before the special counsel's appointment in May, the FBI had combed through the list of shell companies and buyers of Trump-branded real estate properties and scrutinized the roster of tenants at Trump Tower reaching back more than a half-dozen years.
Investigators have looked at the backgrounds of Russian business associates connected to Trump surrounding the 2013 Miss Universe pageant.
CNN reported last month that the Trump Organization has given some documents to Mueller, and that the bulk of the information requested was from the time during the campaign and transition, not Trump's earlier business dealings.
Last year, Trump said he would view any investigation of his or his family's personal finances as a "violation" by Mueller that crosses a red line. Trump's lawyers previously have said that Trump's business dealings from the time before he was a presidential candidate do not fall under the scope of what Mueller is authorized to investigate by the Justice Department.
Mueller was appointed last spring to investigate Russian meddling and "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation," according to the order signed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, a Trump appointee
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics ... index.html
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Jerky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm not in Obama's head, much less am I in his head in September 2017. Suffice it to say, from me, that this seems like a case of attempting to lay oil upon some waters that had been needlessly (and with hindsight probably purposely) enturbulated by Master Trump, who (again in hindsight) was probably unconsciously signaling his own intentions via projection, a phenomenon to which even the most casual observer must admit he is seriously prone. Or maybe he's smarter than that, and he realized that talking about rigged elections would get Obama the Centrist Appeaser to say something like what he ended up saying, thus providing him with a level of inoculation. "But you said they couldn't rig it! Nyah nyah!"

But these are only guesses. The point is, Obama isn't God. His words don't change reality. And the reality of what happened is becoming clearer every day. A(nother) stolen election.

By the way, you didn't answer MY question. Was 2000 "rigged"? 2002? 2004?

J.
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I have heard that Obama is responsible for EVERY BAD THING that the U.S. has done in the last 16 years :roll:

I think he may have engineered 9/11

and the chads in Florida
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 pm

0_0 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:58 pm wrote:posting a different opinion is not baiting someone. and i dont think obamas speech was silly or irrelevant either. in fact i see your reply as in bad faith.

but anyway, riddle me this jerky: how can obama say in october 2016, just prior to trump winning:

"But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even -- you could even rig America's elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time."

and then now the story is there were allegedly very clear indications of russian hacking all along?

I know you're asking Jerky the question, but I've got one for you in relation to this: can you name one President that didn't lie to the American people? Even good, well-intentioned Presidents lied to the American people; JFK coming to mind.

I realize, of course, the antecedent to my question is: can I name one US intelligence agency that didn't lie to the American people? The answer, of course, is hell NO!

So how does this bring us closer to the truth? :shrug:
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Jerky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:18 pm

PS - 0_0, how precisely am I arguing in bad faith? I can assure you that I am not. In fact, YOU seem to be doing so, calling out SLAD and then slagging her at the first opportunity, and then accusing ME of bad faith arguing while simultaneously providing a textbook definition of it on the very same page. What are you up to? I don't have beef with you. Don't start with me please.

J.
Jerky

Postby norton ash » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:21 pm

They all cheat, they all lie, but modern Republicans do it more, and much more clumsily and shamelessly. Trump is right off the charts.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Jerky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm

norton ash » 14 Mar 2018 21:21 wrote:They all cheat, they all lie, but modern Republicans do it more, and much more clumsily and shamelessly. Trump is right off the charts.

Amen.

What Obama was doing with that answer was the equivalent of a Scout master telling his lost troop "We're gonna get through this, don't you worry" even as the bear circles the tents.

J.
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:24 pm

I guess it would help if I changed the name of the thread to

What has Obama done to me lately?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 0_0 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:28 pm

i see obama elicits a strong emotional response with some of you that i personally don't have, norton ash's psychological insights notwithstanding. i just posted his speech from 2016 because he makes some points there that seem poignant, in an ironic way. and no it's not that elections cant be rigged and certainly not because obama said so. i wouldnt know why you would read that into my posting that speech, unless youre posting in bad faith. wouldnt see how it's baiting slad either. i posted it, to recap once again, because obama said that not accepting election results is irresponsible, undermines democracy, is not a sign of good leadership, and a betrayal of american values. he added that there were no signs of any rigging going on at the time of the speech, october 2016. and that according to him, rigging it would be impossible. how ironic is it then that now 1.5 years later to NOT doubt the election results is deemed unpatriotic and a danger to democracy, coming from the same group of people. that was my point and tbh and imho it's a sad testimony to the level of "discussion" that i have to explain that. how the elections of 2000, 2002 or 2004 figure in i have no idea and i fail to see the relevance to my point. and as far as the refreshment course slad is so kindly providing, like i said it's about hacking one minute, and then when that gets some scrutiny, it's obviously not about hacking but about social media, and when then gets some scrutiny it's obviously not about that but about blackmail etc so please excuse me if for my own postings in this topic i take the opening post and topic title to guide me if my post seems relevant to me.
Last edited by 0_0 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 pm

norton ash » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:They all cheat, they all lie, but modern Republicans do it more, and much more clumsily and shamelessly. Trump is right off the charts.

No. All Presidents lie -- the variance depends on the President, not the farcical 'party' associated with a given President.
The difference is, a certain demographic prefers lies served in polished, 'presidential' fashion, while another demographic may prefer a more 'crude'/'populist' approach to lying.

A given President's lies are largely ignored by the demo being represented by a particular President, hence the bickering between demos. Rinse and repeat.

It's all bullshit, all the time, regardless of who's sitting in the house.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Jerky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:33 pm

You have yet to address any of my (calm, reasonable) responses to your questions. That's arguing in bad faith, as is your insistence on not being able to discern the baiting nature of your post. It's right there in black and white.

"What about what your precious OBAMA said, huh? What about THAT? Haha! Gotcha!"

THAT is how your "good faith question" came off to more than one observer.

J.
Jerky

Postby 0_0 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:40 pm

seriously can we try to level the discussion up a bit from this idiotic highschool style? "What about what your precious OBAMA said, huh? What about THAT? Haha! Gotcha!" i mean what is this? i posted a speech of obama giving a speech on what he thought of claims of rigging elections on a discussion board in a topic about rigged elections. i didnt post a mean picture in slad's or anyone else's diary and i certainly didnt assume or imply any kind of special love slad has or hasnt for obama. that is all projection, fact of the matter is hard as it may be to believe for some of the oh so calm and neutral observers here i wasnt thinking about or adressing slad at all nor do i have any strong feelings about obama one way or the other and in my honest estimate what we see here are some serious attempts at derailing
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Jerky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Okay. So then address my initial replies.
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:47 pm

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion