Trumpublicons: Foreign Influence/Grifting in '16 US Election

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: NSA Chief Russia Hacked '16 Election Congress Must Inves

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:42 pm

KKK influence .....Bannon (but I repeat myself) influence .....FBI influence ......Investigate them all!
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Rory » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:50 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:42 am wrote:KKK influence .....Bannon (but I repeat myself) influence .....FBI influence ......Investigate them all!

So can we move on from treating russia like some kind of special case, worthy of pages of copypasta?
Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:51 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:33 pm wrote:no one ...absolutely no one here likes to be told what to post ....what not to post.....what to be interested in...what not to be interested in...how to post ...how not to post

especially me :P

I can't tell ya who to sockit to

:partydance: :partydance: :partydance: :partydance: :partydance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7nWYJBeDg4
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby tapitsbo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Of course if we started talking about the people who wield influence in Russia AND the West we'd be in murky, controversial territory indeed
tapitsbo

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Rory » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:50 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:42 am wrote:KKK influence .....Bannon (but I repeat myself) influence .....FBI influence ......Investigate them all!

So can we move on from treating russia like some kind of special case, worthy of pages of copypasta?

I have an idea....why don't you just post something of interest instead of whining all the time
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:04 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:55 am wrote:
Rory » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:50 pm wrote:

I have an idea....why don't you just post something of interest instead of whining all the time

seemslikeamericandream

:lovehearts: :hug1: :lovehearts:
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:08 pm

start a thread Rory ...do something novel...
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:39 pm wrote:
stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:19 pm wrote:Yes, Congress should definitely investigate. But that investigation should not be limited to Russian influence - it should also examine the abnormal exit poll discrepancies, caging and other areas of voter disenfranchisement that stole the election for Trump.

...and the Saudi influence, the Israeli influence, the Chinese influence, the NATO influence...

Word. If only our Mighty Wurlitzer could discover the sexiness of the Mother of All Pandora's Boxes.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:39 pm wrote:
stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:19 pm wrote:Yes, Congress should definitely investigate. But that investigation should not be limited to Russian influence - it should also examine the abnormal exit poll discrepancies, caging and other areas of voter disenfranchisement that stole the election for Trump.

...and the Saudi influence, the Israeli influence, the Chinese influence, the NATO influence...

<coughs discreetly>
and the Irish influence...

It would be interesting if Trump appointed Trey Goldy as a Special Prosecutor to investigate... email security.
Searcher08

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:37 pm

I want to see that creep Goudy private emails ...oh that's right we only get to see dems private emails

Legal experts: Mike Pence’s lawsuit to keep his emails secret sets “dangerous precedent”
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/16/legal-e ... precedent/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:39 pm

seemslikeadream » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:46 pm wrote:
The NSA Chief Says Russia Hacked the 2016 Election. Congress Must Investigate.
It's up to Capitol Hill to protect American democracy.

DAVID CORN

NOV. 16, 2016 3:24 PM

Despite all the news being generated by the change of power underway in Washington, there is one story this week that deserves top priority: Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. On Tuesday, the director of the National Security Agency, Admiral Michael Rogers, was asked about the WikiLeaks release of hacked information during the campaign, and he said, "This was a conscious effort by a nation-state to attempt to achieve a specific effect." He added, "This was not something that was done casually. This was not something that was done by chance. This was not a target that was selected purely arbitrarily."

This was a stunning statement that has echoed other remarks from senior US officials. He was saying that Russia directly intervened in the US election to obtain a desired end: presumably to undermine confidence in US elections or to elect Donald Trump—or both. Rogers was clearly accusing Vladimir Putin of meddling with American democracy. This is news worthy of bold and large front-page headlines—and investigation. Presumably intelligence and law enforcement agencies are robustly probing the hacking of political targets attributed to Russia. But there is another inquiry that is necessary: a full-fledged congressional investigation that holds public hearings and releases its findings to the citizenry.

If the FBI, CIA, and other intelligence agencies are digging into the Russian effort to affect US politics, there is no guarantee that what they uncover will be shared with the public. Intelligence investigations often remain secret for the obvious reasons: they involve classified information. And law enforcement investigations—which focus on whether crimes have been committed—are supposed to remain secret until they produce indictments. (And then only information pertinent to the prosecution of a case is released, though the feds might have collected much more.) The investigative activities of these agencies are not designed for public enlightenment or assurance. That's the job of Congress.

When traumatic events and scandals that threaten the nation or its government have occurred—Pearl Harbor, Watergate, the Iran-contra affair, 9/11—Congress has conducted investigations and held hearings. The goal has been to unearth what went wrong and to allow the government and the public to evaluate their leaders and consider safeguards to prevent future calamities and misconduct. That is what is required now. If a foreign government has mucked about and undercut a presidential election, how can Americans be secure about the foundation of the nation and trust their own government? They need to know specifically what intervention occurred, what was investigated (and whether those investigations were conducted well), and what steps are being taken to prevent further intrusions.

There already is much smoke in the public realm: the hacking of the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and John Podesta, the chairman of Hillary Clinton's campaign. Also, Russian hackers reportedly targeted state election systems in Arizona and Illinois. Coincidentally or not, the Russian deputy foreign minister said after the election that Russian government officials had conferred with members of Trump's campaign squad. (A former senior counterintelligence officer for a Western service sent memos to the FBI claiming that he had found evidence of a Russian intelligence operation to coopt and cultivate Trump.) And the DNC found evidence suggesting its Washington headquarters had been bugged—but there was no indication of who was the culprit. In his recent book, The Plot to Hack America, national security expert Malcolm Nance wrote, "Russia has perfected political warfare by using cyber assets to personally attack and neutralize political opponents…At some point Russia apparently decided to apply these tactics against the United States and so American democracy itself was hacked."

Several House Democrats, led by Rep. Elijah Cummings, the ranking Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, have urged the FBI to investigate links between Trump's team and Russia, and Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid has done the same. According to various news reports, Russia-related probes have been started by the FBI targeting Americans associated with the Trump campaign. One reportedly was focused on Carter Page, a businessman whom the Trump campaign identified as a Trump adviser, and another was focused on Paul Manafort, who served for a time as Trump's campaign manager. (Page and Manafort have denied any wrongdoing; Manafort said no investigation was happening.)

Yet there is a huge difference between an FBI inquiry that proceeds behind the scenes (and that may or may not yield public information) and a full-blown congressional inquiry that includes open hearings and ends with a public report. So far, the only Capitol Hill legislator who has publicly called for such an endeavor is Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). On Tuesday, Graham, who was harshly critical of Trump during the campaign, proposed that Congress hold hearings on "Russia's misadventures throughout the world," including the DNC hack. "Were they involved in cyberattacks that had a political component to it in our elections?" Graham said. He pushed Congress to find out.

The possibility that a foreign government covertly interfered with US elections to achieve a particular outcome is staggering and raises the most profound concerns about governance within the United States. An investigation into this matter should not be relegated to the secret corners of the FBI or the CIA. The public has the right to know if Putin or anyone else corrupted the political mechanisms of the nation. There already is reason to be suspicious. Without a thorough examination, there will be more cause to question American democracy.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... 6-campaign

David Corn is such a creep and such a spook.

Where, exactly, does the NSA chief say that Russia dunnit? And where, exactly, is the evidence to support that suggestion?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:21 am

seemslikeadream quoting bloomberg » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:35 am wrote:If hackers backed by Russia really were the perpetrators, what more could they do to mess with Americans’ votes and U.S. democracy?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... sian-spies

If! My grandmother! Were a train! How many kittens in the tracks could she run over?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:47 am

seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:37 pm wrote:I want to see that creep Goudy private emails ...oh that's right we only get to see dems private emails

Legal experts: Mike Pence’s lawsuit to keep his emails secret sets “dangerous precedent”
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/16/legal-e ... precedent/

So Hillary violated stringent Nat Sec rules to have her own private server.
It was either crushing incompetence or "fuck rules, I'll do what I want".
When she was subpoenaed, she blackballed.
Then she deleted 33000 emails with BleachBit.

The IRS want to look at your accounts
"No. Fuck Off. I have decided they dont need to"
Hand them over!
"Shreds a fuckton of financial paperwork, cos they were... personal"
Welcome to jail.

Fuck Mike Pence and I hope that crook HRC is jailed.
Searcher08

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:40 pm

I am posting this for news value ...it is happening and I am posting it ..hopefully it will be taken for that purpose ...I don't mind if you disagree with it at all...perfectly fine by me

Senior House Democrat Calls for Congressional Probe of Russian Meddling in 2016 Election
"Russia's actions sow doubts about our entire elections system."

DAVID CORN
NOV. 17, 2016 10:51 AM

On Tuesday, the chief of the National Security Agency, Admiral Michael Rogers, said a "nation-state"—meaning Russia—had intervened in the 2016 elections "to achieve a specific effect." He was referring to the hacking of Democratic targets and the release of the stolen information via WikiLeaks. And on Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) called for a congressional investigation of Russian meddling in the campaign. On Thursday, the call for a Capitol Hill inquiry gathered momentum, with Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the ranking Democrat on the House government oversight committee, publicly urging the committee's chairman, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), to launch such a probe.

In a letter sent to Chaffetz and released publicly, Cummings noted that he and Chaffetz had discussed opening such an investigation on Wednesday and that Chaffetz had told him he was "open to considering such an investigation" but wanted Cummings to "show the evidence" that Russia had tried to influence the election. Cummings did so in this letter, citing Rogers' statement. Cummings also pointed to a statement issued on October 7 by the Office of Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security, which said, "The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities."

Cummings also noted that House Speaker Paul Ryan has said, "Russia is a global menace led by a devious thug. Putin should stay out of this election."

In his letter to Chaffetz, Cummings contended that this investigation should be a bipartisan endeavor to ensure the security of American democracy:

Over the course of your chairmanship, we have had our differences on certain issues, but this should not be one of them. This perilous menace goes beyond party, beyond politics, and beyond partisanship. Although these attacks were executed to harm the Democratic candidate for president on this occasion, Russia's actions sow doubts about our entire elections system and merit a robust congressional investigation.

Elections are the bedrock of our nation's democracy. Any attempt by a foreign power to undermine them is a direct attack on our core democratic values, and it should chill every Member of Congress and American—red or blue—to the core.

Cummings proposed that the oversight committee immediately request "a classified briefing from the Intelligence Community" and start "a robust investigation designed to identify specific recommendations for actions that our country can take to respond to these attacks and safeguard against similar attacks in the future."

Here's Cummings' full letter:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... 6-election
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:10 pm

seemslikeadream wrote:I am posting this for news value...

The news value is zero, slad (in figures: 0) David Corn is a notorious spook creep. Lindsay fucking Graham is Lindsay fucking Graham.

seemslikeadream wrote:...it is happening and I am posting it...

Fox News is also happening. So is The Sun (UK). So is Breitbart and The Daily Beast and The Daily Stormer. So post all of that too, for "news value". Don't leave anything out. Ignore all rebuttals and refutals. Because that's what The New RI is all about, isn't it? Anything goes.

Post all shite here, however stupid and unsubstantiated, however dodgy the source. It's all grist to the somebody's mill.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion