Who Was Seth Rich?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Who Was Seth Rich?

Postby Elvis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Great catch, liminal.

MARK THOMPSON, HOST: Were the Russians involved - in your opinion, I know this hasn’t been resolved yet – in Seth Rich’s death? Yes, no, or I don’t know?

DONNA BRAZILE: I don’t know. I’m not a part of the investigative team, but I can tell you this much, and thank you for asking about Seth. He was my child. I loved him. He worked in the voting rights division, I was the vice chair over that division. He was one of two staff people. I love him, I miss him, he was a patriot, and I hope to God we find out who murdered Seth Rich.

MARK THOMPSON: You wrote in the book you feel responsible for his death.

DONNA BRAZILE: Because he was my child.

MARK THOMPSON: Okay, I understand.

DONNA BRAZILE: Don’t make me cry this morning-

MARK THOMPSON: I’m sorry, I don’t mean to do that-

DONNA BRAZILE: He was my child, when he died on July 10th…he was my child. Mark, I have been in politics all my adult life, the only children I have are the children that I have hired. They’re my children.

We know that election officials and Democratic Clinton partisans were using voter suppression techniques to discourage likely Sanders voters. I wonder then, if it's possible that Seth Rich discovered something more about that.

On edit: interesting fact, that Seth was about to leave the DNC and go to work for the Clinton campaign.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:20 pm

As far as I am aware, the intimacy of Brazile's relationship to Rich is an entirely new reveal, right? I suspect she knows exactly what she is doing even if I can't make much sense of it yet.

I also wonder what will happen to the DNC establishment if Bill Clinton's assault accusers now gain some traction following the fall of Weinstein et al.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Neutral on veracity. For discussion only.

Looking for Seth Rich’s Killer? Here’s a Curious Coincidence for You.
To recap, cyberanalysis spearheaded by Adam Carter and the Forensicator strongly suggests that Guccifer 2.0 — whom our ever-reliable intelligence community (or rather, that small portion of it hand-picked by Clapper and Brennan for exemplary Russophobia) has fingered as the Russian operative hacker who was the source of the Wikileaks DNC emails — is in fact a close associate of the DNC with significant computer expertise and experience in counterintelligence.

https://medium.com/@markfmccarty/lets-m ... 124009c71e

http://g-2.space/

G2.0, who has masquerading as a Russian by leaving fake “Russian fingerprints” on documents he has released, and by amateurish efforts to mimic a Russian communicating in English, has taken credit as the Wikileaks source, in an evident effort to distract attention from the incriminating content of the DNC/Podesta emails by smearing Assange as a puppet of the nefarious thieving Russkies, intent on installing Trump as their willing tool. We can reasonably surmise that G2.0 was motivated to concoct this elaborate sham because he and top people at the DNC had learned that the DNC emails that Wikileaks was about to release had emerged via internal leak from someone appalled at the DNC’s corruption; this fact had to be concealed at all cost. And, if they knew there had been a leak, they likely knew who the leaker was. That leaker was also the one person — aside from Assange, who had sworn a blood oath of secrecy — who could destroy G2.0’s scam by outing himself as the leaker. Curiously, Seth Rich — whom Sy Hersh’s unnamed FBI inside source indicates is the leaker — was murdered not long after G2.0’s emergence, in a “robbery” botched so badly that no valuables were taken.

Adam Carter has quite reasonably posited that the G2.0 persona was created by people associated with Crowdstrike, a group close to the DNC that would have had the expertise to pull off the G2.0 scam. The founding CEO of Crowdstrike is Shawn Henry, who previously headed up cybersecurity at the FBI, described by the Washington Post at the time as the FBI’s “chief cyber cop”.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424 ... 3326180032

In his most recent essay, Adam discusses the case of Sabu, a hacker who, after his secret arrest by the FBI, participated in stings that enabled the arrest of other hackers, and who attempted to compromise Wikileaks by sending them phony emails.

http://g-2.space/henrysabug2/

Adam, who had been following the Sabu story in real time, suspected that Sabu had been compromised, and his suspicion was subsequently confirmed when the arrest of Sabu — Hector Xavier Monsegur — was announced publicly. Adam is unsure whether Sabu himself had been strong-armed by the FBI to spearhead these stings, or whether his persona had just been coopted by the FBI. Adam thinks it likely that Shawn Henry, as head of FBI cybersecurity, had supervised the Sabu stings.

This might have been good training for the subsequent G2.0 operation.

So, for extra-credit points, tell me — who hired and supervised Shawn Henry at the FBI?

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/ ... ces-branch

No doubt you have noticed that Mueller’s team, in its unstinting efforts to get to the truth about Russiagate, has devoted extensive time and effort to questioning Julian Assange and Craig Murray, the people who truly know how the DNC emails were obtained by Wikileaks.

Oh — you haven’t noticed that?!

Drain the swamp? Where’s VESUVIUS when you need it?!!
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:43 pm

just some weird news mentioning Seth

Rick Gates PR guy, Glenn Selig, also rep'd the lobbist who promoted the Seth Rich conspiracy.

Publicist Glenn Selig Killed in Afghanistan Hotel Attack

Selig represented indicted former Trump aide Rick Gates and lobbyist Jack Burkman.

Benjamin Freed
Glenn Selig, a television reporter-turned-publicist with several high-profile clients in Washington, was among 22 people killed last weekend when the Taliban besieged a hotel in Kabul, Afghanistan. Selig’s company, the Publicity Agency, first confirmed his death with NBC News on Wednesday. He was 49.

Selig lived in Tampa, Florida, where he had had a 20-year career in television news, but was a frequent presence in Washington when representing his clients. Among those employing him was Rick Gates, the former deputy manager of Donald Trump‘s presidential campaign who has been indicted on 12 felony counts in the federal probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election. Another was Jack Burkman, a lawyer and lobbyist who has promoted conspiracy theories about the 2016 death of Democratic National Committee employee Seth Rich. Selig was on hand last month when Burkman hosted a small fundraiser for Gates’s legal defense fund, an event that earned Gates a federal judge’s rebuke for violating a gag order in his case.

About a week before his death, Selig was representing Burkman after the lobbyist was assaulted outside his home in Arlington.

Four US citizens were killed and two were wounded in the attack on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul that began Saturday night and lasted into Sunday, the State Department announced Wednesday.

“Glenn was a tireless professional, loyal friend and pillar of the community, but most importantly he was a loving husband and wonderful father,” reads a statement from Selig Multimedia, the Publicity Agency’s parent company. “The loss for his family and friends cannot be measured nor conveyed strongly enough, but we thank everyone for the outpouring of support we have received.”

Selig’s firm told CNN he had traveled to Kabul for a project “highlighting the country’s new president and constructing a democracy forum event for Afghani women.”
https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/01/2 ... el-attack/

Manafort was hired & traveled to Iraq last summer to oversee a referendum.

Gates PR guy killed in Afghanistan organizing a "democracy forum event for Afghani women."

Selig has quite the resume of defending bad guys, Blago & Drew Peterson. This is standard PR work. But being in Kabul? Afghan spokesman says “many bodies burned beyond recognition.” If I was a conspiracy theorist, I’d say Selig was on the run. :)
Blagojevich PR man killed in Afghan attack

Glenn Selig was in Afghanistan working on a campaign to fight extremism, when he was killed in a hotel terror attack. (WLS)
By Chuck Goudie and Barb Markoff
Wednesday, January 24, 2018 06:27PM
CHICAGO (WLS) -- One of the Americans killed in a terror attack on a hotel in Kabul, Afghanistan, last weekend was the spokesman for former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

Glenn Selig, 50, was among 22 people killed when the Intercontinental Hotel was bombed and set ablaze. Selig and three other Americans are on the list of fatalities.
http://abc7chicago.com/blagojevich-pr-m ... k/2985002/

Manafort Working on Kurdish Referendum Opposed by U.S.

By KENNETH P. VOGEL and JO BECKERSEPT. 20, 2017

Lebanese Kurds demonstrated on Sunday in Martyrs’ Square in Beirut in support of the referendum vote on Iraqi Kurdish independence. Anwar Amro/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
WASHINGTON — Paul J. Manafort, the former campaign chairman for President Trump who is at the center of investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, is working for allies of the leader of Iraq’s Kurdish region to help administer and promote a referendum on Kurdish independence from Iraq.

The United States opposes the referendum, but Mr. Manafort has carved out a long and lucrative career advising foreign clients whose interests have occasionally diverged from American foreign policy. And he has continued soliciting international business even as his past international work has become a focus of the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, into ties between Russia and Mr. Trump and his associates, including possible collusion between them to influence the presidential election.

In fact, the work for the Kurdish group appears to have been initiated this summer around the time that federal authorities working for Mr. Mueller raided Mr. Manafort’s home in Virginia and informed him that they planned to indict him.

While the Kurdish referendum, scheduled for Monday, would not immediately trigger independence, the American government and the international community have expressed serious concerns about it. They fear that, if it passes overwhelmingly, as expected, it could further destabilize Iraq, damage the coalition fighting the Islamic State, and potentially spark violence in disputed areas.

In a statement on Wednesday, the State Department urged Kurdish leaders “to accept the alternative, which is a serious and sustained dialogue with the central government, facilitated by the United States and United Nations, and other partners.”

The Iraqi Kurdish leader, Massoud Barzani, and his allies, who are the driving force behind the referendum, hope it will put their semiautonomous oil-rich region on a path toward full independence, which they contend is their right. Independence could also allow the Kurdistan Regional Government, for which Mr. Barzani serves as president, to have uncontested control over its lucrative oil exports.

The Kurdistan Regional Government had paid millions to Washington lobbying firms with deep connections to both Democrats and Republicans, including more than $1.5 million over the last three years, according to Justice Department records. But it has also worked to build support for independence from think tanks and scholars who might be willing to vouch for the referendum’s fairness, and use it to win bipartisan support in Washington for Kurdish independence, according to people familiar with the outreach.

Mr. Manafort agreed to assist with the referendum, including a planned push for Western recognition, after he was approached several months ago by an intermediary for Mr. Barzani’s son, Masrour Barzani, according to two people familiar with the arrangement.

Mr. Manafort has traveled to the region since then to advise the Barzanis’ allies on the referendum, according to Kurdish independence advocates. One of Mr. Manafort’s lieutenants is in Erbil preparing for the referendum, and Mr. Manafort himself may return to the region in the coming days for the vote, according to the advocates.

A spokesman for Masrour Barzani, who serves as the head of the security council in his father’s government, confirmed that Mr. Manafort was hired “to assist in the referendum and in the aftermath of the referendum.” But the spokesman, who asked that he not be named, declined to specify what Mr. Manafort’s role entailed.

The spokesman said Mr. Manafort was part of a team of international experts involved in holding the referendum. Asked if Mr. Manafort was hired because of his ties to Mr. Trump, the spokesman said he had been chosen because of his experience in referendums and global affairs.

The spokesman would not provide information about who is paying Mr. Manafort or how much he is being paid.

Paul J. Manafort, President Trump's former campaign chairman, is at the center of the special counsel investigation by Robert S. Mueller III. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Jason Maloni, a spokesman for Mr. Manafort, said his client “does not discuss his current or future clients.” Mr. Maloni would not say whether Mr. Manafort intended to disclose his Kurdish work and source of income to the Justice Department under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, which would be required if he lobbied the American government on behalf of a foreign client. “If his work requires registration with FARA, Mr. Manafort will comply with the law,” Mr. Maloni said.

The White House and Justice Department did not immediately respond to questions about whether Mr. Manafort had contacted them about the Kurdish referendum.

Mr. Manafort’s associates say he has come under increasing financial strain from mounting legal bills as his lawyers have responded to inquiries from congressional committees and the special counsel related to the Russia inquiries. The associates said the scrutiny had made it difficult for Mr. Manafort to maintain his consulting business.

Nonetheless, he has continued traveling the world pitching potential business deals, with a particular focus on China. He met in April with a Shanghai construction billionaire whom Mr. Manafort is advising on how to pursue infrastructure contracts around the world.

Mr. Manafort participated in a May meeting in New York about a plan under which an investment fund linked to the Chinese government-owned China Development Bank would invest $30 billion in Puerto Rico through the bond debt owed by the island’s government, and possibly through investments in its critical infrastructure.

And a spokesman for the Ecuadorean government, which has accepted billions of dollars in loans from the China Development Bank, said that Mr. Manafort met earlier this year with Lenín Moreno, who subsequently was elected president, to discuss possible investment opportunities.

But supporters of the Kurdish independence referendum are concerned that Mr. Manafort’s legal problems may hurt their cause.

“Someone at the center of a controversy about Russian subversion of a U.S. presidential election and who has been warned that he will be indicted is not without handicaps as an advocate,” said Peter W. Galbraith, a former American diplomat and longtime advocate for Kurdish independence. Mr. Galbraith, who is in Erbil, the capital of the Kurdish region, as an unpaid adviser to the Kurdistan Regional Government, was unaware of Mr. Manafort’s involvement before being informed by The New York Times, and suggested he would have advised against it.

“But, look, on the other hand, they’re a foreign country who wants to get international recognition, and if you can get somebody who is close to the president of the United States to be your advocate, then that could help,” Mr. Galbraith said.

Mr. Manafort is working on the Kurdish referendum with Philip M. Griffin, a longtime associate, who is in Erbil ahead of the vote, according to the spokesman for Mr. Barzani.

Mr. Griffin is based in Kiev, and worked for Mr. Manafort until 2011, primarily on behalf of the Russia-aligned president of Ukraine at the time, Viktor Yanukovych.

He also helped run a program for foreign ambassadors at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland last July, through which the Russian ambassador at the time, Sergey I. Kislyak, met with Jeff Sessions, then an Alabama senator and now Mr. Trump’s attorney general.

Mr. Manafort’s work for Mr. Yanukovych and Mr. Sessions’s meetings with Mr. Kislyak are now subjects of interest for congressional investigators and Mr. Mueller’s team.

Mr. Griffin did not respond to requests for comment.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/us/p ... endum.html
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby elfismiles » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:23 pm

More cover-up questions
The curious murder of Seth Rich poses questions that just won’t stay under the official rug

By James A. Lyons - - Thursday, March 1, 2018
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... questions/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby American Dream » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Fox News Fights Defamation Claim Over Seth Rich Story

February 28, 2018 JOSH RUSSELL

MANHATTAN (CN) – A federal judge pored over reporting on the Seth Rich murder investigation for six hours Wednesday to dissect defamation claims against Fox News.

Though 27-year-old Rich was killed in July 2016, Fox News published the article in question on May 15, 2017. Six days earlier, President Donald Trump had fired James Comey from the FBI, and former FBI Director Robert Mueller was appointed one day later as special counsel to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections.

Retired detective Rod Wheeler was the only named source for the article, but the former Fox contributor fired back in an Aug. 1 federal complaint that the network intentionally misquoted him to help Trump “create[] fake news” that would distract from the Russia investigation.

Fox did retract its article one week after publication, citing a failure to employ “the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting,” but has fought to dismiss Wheeler’s suit.

Fox News contributor Rod Wheeler.

Continues at: https://www.courthousenews.com/fox-news ... ich-story/
American Dream

Postby Morty » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:35 am

Oopsy, I just notice elfismiles already posted a link to this. Short and worth reading in full, I've bolded a few bits.

More cover-up questions

The curious murder of Seth Rich poses questions that just won’t stay under the official rug

By James A. Lyons - - Thursday, March 1, 2018

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

With the clearly unethical and most likely criminal behavior of the upper management levels of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) exposed by Chairman Devin Nunes of the House Intelligence Committee, there are two complementary areas that have been conveniently swept under the rug.

The first deals with the murder of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) staffer Seth Rich, and the second deals with the alleged hacking of the DNC server by Russia. Both should be of prime interest to special counsel Robert Mueller, but do not hold your breath.

The facts that we know of in the murder of the DNC staffer, Seth Rich, was that he was gunned down blocks from his home on July 10, 2016. Washington Metro police detectives claim that Mr. Rich was a robbery victim, which is strange since after being shot twice in the back, he was still wearing a $2,000 gold necklace and watch. He still had his wallet, key and phone. Clearly, he was not a victim of robbery.

This has all the earmarks of a targeted hit job. However, strangely no one has been charged with this horrific crime, and what is more intriguing is that no law enforcement agency is even investigating this murder. According to other open sources, Metro police were told by their “higher ups” that if they spoke about the case, they will be immediately terminated. It has been claimed that this order came down from very high up the “food chain,” well beyond the D.C. mayor’s office. Interesting.

One more unexplained twist is that on July 10, 2016, the same day Seth Rich was murdered, an FBI agent’s car was burglarized in the same vicinity. Included in the FBI equipment stolen was a 40 caliber Glock 22. D.C. Metro police issued a press release, declaring that the theft of the FBI agent’s car occurred between 5 and 7 a.m. Two weeks later, the FBI changed the time of the theft to between 12 a.m. and 2 a.m. Was the FBI gun used to shoot Seth Rich? Neither the FBI nor the Metro police will discuss.

Another aspect that needs to be uncovered is the FBI’s “denial” that its cyber experts who share space with the D.C. Metro police department at Cleveland Avenue in the District, assisted in accessing data on Mr. Rich’s laptop. Not likely. Data on the laptop revealed that Mr. Rich downloaded thousands of DNC emails and was in touch with Wikileaks. The file with evidence of what was on Mr. Rich’s laptop sits with the FBI in a co-shared space with the D.C. police department. According to Ed Butowsky, an acquaintance of the family, in his discussions with Joel and Mary Rich, they confirmed that their son transmitted the DNC emails to Wikileaks.

Since then, the DNC hired a “spokesperson,” Brad Burman, a known hatchet man to basically cut off any further communications with Mr. Rich’s parents. Interestingly, it is well known in the intelligence circles that Seth Rich and his brother, Aaron Rich, downloaded the DNC emails and was paid by Wikileaks for that information.

While Wikileaks doesn’t expose sources, Julian Assange gave a clear clue during an Aug. 9, 2016 interview on Dutch television when he implied that Mr. Rich was killed because he was the Wikileaks source of the DNC emails. Mr. Assange offered a $20,000 reward leading to the arrest of Mr. Rich’s killers. Also, why hasn’t Aaron Rich been interviewed, and where is he?

With regard to the alleged Russian hacking of the DNC server, Mr. Assange also offered information to the Trump administration to prove Russia didn’t hack the DNC server, as the DNC claimed. Mr. Assange also met with Orange Country Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, California Republican, and gave him information to present to the Trump administration to prove no one hacked the DNC server.

However, with the Obama holdovers in key positions, it is not surprising that no one from the Trump administration would meet with the congressman or Mr. Assange. New Zealand tech expert Kim DotCom said he has proof that both he and Seth Rich were involved in passing the emails to Wikileaks, but he has been ignored as well.

The FBI opened an investigation into the theft of the DNC emails in July 2016. However, the FBI has not inspected the DNC server because the DNC won’t give permission. Is the FBI an extension of the DNC? That’s why we have subpoenas. Instead, the FBI relied on an assessment by a cyber security firm, Crowd Strike, hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC’s law firm Perkins Coie as proof that Russia was the hacker. Incompetence is an understatement. Corruption at the highest levels of the DOJ/FBI is clear.

The Trump administration must take charge and get a competent attorney general to pursue these crimes.

• James A. Lyons, Jr., a retired U.S. Navy admiral, was commander in chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet and senior U.S. military representative to the United Nations.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

[I did exactly what you asked, The Washington Times:]
<h1>More cover-up questions</h1>
<blockquote class="repubhubembed"><p class="rhexcerpt">With the clearly unethical and most likely criminal behavior of the upper management levels of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) exposed by Chairman Devin Nunes of the House Intelligence Committee, there are two complementary areas that have been conveniently swept under the rug. The first deals with the murder…<!--more--></p><style scoped>.repubhubembed{display:none;}</style></blockquote>
<iframe data-tag="3.7280?icx_id=/news/2018/mar/1/more-cover-up-questions/" data-source="rights" allowfullscreen="true" class="rhembed" src="https://static.icopyright.net/user/view.act?t=3.7280%3Ficx_id%3D%2Fnews%2F2018%2Fmar%2F1%2Fmore-cover-up-questions%2F&v=1&id=161ea389acd&s=rights&showFirstImage=true&showDate=true" height="1500" style="width:100%;border:0;overflow:hidden;background:transparent;" data-canonical="http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/1/more-cover-up-questions/" data-safe="true" ></iframe>
<script async type="text/javascript" src="https://assets.repubhub.icopyright.net/embeds/js/rh.js"></script>
<!-- TO HIDE THE DATE OR FIRST IMAGE, change "showDate=true" or "showFirstImage=true" to "false" -->
Morty

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:30 am

this is completely absolutely untrue

Nunes is part of the cover up because he is knee deep in Russia/trump......his phony Memo report was shown for what it was

he leaked private emails from Senate Intelligence Committee member Sen. Mark Warner

With the clearly unethical and most likely criminal behavior of the upper management levels of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) exposed by Chairman Devin Nunes of the House Intelligence Committee, there are two complementary areas that have been conveniently swept under the rug.

Nunes doesn’t deny leaking private text messages to Fox News, but blames press for reporting it
“I’m not sure if this coverage could possibly get more absurd.”
AARON RUPAR
MAR 1, 2018, 4:52 PM

On Thursday, the New York Times reported that House Intelligence Committee chair Devin Nunes (R-CA) leaked Senate Intelligence Committee ranking member Mark Warner’s (D-VA) confidential text messages to Fox News as part of his ongoing effort to discredit the ongoing investigations of the Trump campaign for possible collusion with Russia.

“The Senate Intelligence Committee has concluded that Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee were behind the leak of private text messages between the Senate panel’s top Democrat and a Russian-connected lawyer, according to two congressional officials briefed on the matter,” the Times reports. “Senator Richard M. Burr of North Carolina, the committee’s Republican chairman, and Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat, were so perturbed by the leak that they demanded a rare meeting with Speaker Paul D. Ryan last month to inform him of their findings. They used the meeting with Mr. Ryan to raise broader concerns about the direction of the House Intelligence Committee under its chairman, Representative Devin Nunes of California, the officials said.”

Nunes arrives for a closed-door GOP strategy session on Capitol Hill on April 4. CREDIT: AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite
Devin Nunes and Trump are still working together in attempt to manufacture ‘unmasking’ scandal
In a statement provided to the Times, Nunes’ camp didn’t deny leaking the texts to Fox News. Instead, Nunes spokesman Jack Langer attacked the Times for writing about it in the first place.

“The New York Times, a prominent purveyor of leaks, is highlighting anonymous sources leaking information that accuses Republicans of leaking information,” he said. “I’m not sure if this coverage could possibly get more absurd.”

Nunes’ default response to criticism of the misleading intelligence memo he worked with President Trump to release last month over the objections of the intelligence community has been to attack the press.

That Nunes would leak Warner’s confidential text messages is ironic, given that he spent much of 2017 running interference for Trump by publicly claiming his campaign officials had their privacy violated when their names appeared in intelligence reports. His handling of classified information with respect to the “unmasking” scandal he tried to gin up in tandem with the White House was investigated by the House Intelligence Committee, which cleared him of wrongdoing in December.

CREDIT: SCREENGRAB
This Trump tweet disproves Nunes’ claim that Papadopoulos never met the president
While Nunes’ leak bothered Republican Sen. Richard Burr (NC), chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, House Speaker Ryan seems disinterested.

“In his meeting with the senators, Mr. Ryan made clear that he heard their complaints but noted that he did not run the committee himself,” the Times reports.

On Twitter, Trump used Fox News’ story about Warner’s texts to try and discredit him.

But Burr and Senate Intelligence Committee member Marco Rubio (R-FL) both downplayed the significance of the leak and denied it had any impact on their committee’s investigation.
https://thinkprogress.org/devin-nunes-m ... 5b0b62cf8/

The Irony of the Nunes Memo

The central irony of the memo prepared by House intelligence chairman Devin Nunes, we now know, is that it tried to deceive the American people in precisely the same way that it falsely accused the FBI of deceiving the FISA Court. The key question going forward is whether the memo’s authors and sponsors will face any consequences for their dishonesty. If not, we can expect to see more of the same, with potentially dire results.

By now, several days after release of the minority response memo and with so much conflicting noise in the system, many people may have thrown up their hands and moved on to other topics. For that reason, I have kept this post short and focused on essentials. It’s important, in the era of President Trump, to afford hard issues the same, thoughtful, nuanced treatment that we would expect under different circumstances. But it’s also important, when the situation warrants it, to call a spade a shovel.

The Nunes memo was dishonest. And if it is allowed to stand, we risk significant collateral damage to essential elements of our democracy.

1. The Nunes memo’s fundamental claim was that the FBI misled the court about Christopher Steele, the former British agent who was a source of information in the FISA applications on Carter Page. It accused the Bureau of failing to “disclose or reference the role of the [Democratic National Committee], Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding” Steele’s research. The government, it argued, portrayed Steele as unbiased, when in fact “the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior DOJ and FBI officials.” This was strong stuff, certainly troubling if true.

Today we know that it was not true. Almost four weeks ago, based on my experience with the FISA program and those who administer it, I expressed confidence that the government “provided the court with enough information to meaningfully assess Steele’s credibility.” It took a while, but with the benefit of the minority memo—even in redacted form—this has now been confirmed. In other words, Nunes’s claim that the FBI misled the court was itself misleading. There are other ways in which the memo was misleading—discussed in the back and forth between Nunes and his critics on the House Intelligence Committee, and in Charlie Savage’s characteristically excellent summary in the New York Times—but the FBI’s alleged effort to deceive the court about Steele has always been the heart of the matter, and I am trying in this post to stick to the core.

The FISA applications did not mention the “DNC” or the “Clinton campaign” by name, but they did recount how Steele was approached and then hired by “an identified U.S. Person,” Glen Simpson, who explained to Steele that he in turn had been hired by a “U.S.-based law firm,” Perkins Coie, “to conduct research regarding Candidate #1,” Donald Trump, and Trump’s “ties to Russia.” (The use of generic identifiers in the FISA applications is consistent with standard practice, as Nunes is well aware; the minority memo provides the names for each identifier.) The FISA applications also advised the court: “The FBI speculates that [Simpson] was likely looking for information that could be used to discredit [Trump’s] campaign.”

That amply satisfies the requirements. As someone who has read and approved many FISA applications, and dealt extensively with the FISA Court, I will anticipate and reject a claim that the disclosure was somehow insufficient because it appeared in a footnote; in my experience, the court reads the footnotes. The government’s disclosures enabled the court to take Steele’s information with a grain of salt. They allowed the court to decide, based on all of the information presented, whether there was “probable cause” that Carter Page “knowingly” engaged in “clandestine intelligence activities” for Russia that involve, may involve, or are about to involve “a violation of the criminal statutes of the United States.” It’s disturbing that Page met that legal standard and that there was probable cause to conclude he was a Russian agent.

2. It’s even more disturbing that a purported oversight memo would withhold key facts from the American people in accusing the government of withholding key facts from the court. Had the FBI done in its FISA applications what Nunes did in his memo, heads would have rolled on Pennsylvania Avenue. The court itself, as well as both intelligence committees, several inspectors general, and the Justice Department’s Office of Professional Responsibility all could have brought their shillelaghs to bear. The court, in particular, has done so once before, when it was dissatisfied with the candor of an FBI agent.

Congressional oversight is a critically important function, but who watches the watchers? There are only two meaningful overseers for Nunes himself: House Speaker Paul Ryan and the voters of California’s 22nd district. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer have urged Ryan to remove Nunes from his role on the House Intelligence Committee. Don’t hold your breath. As for the voters, time will tell, but Nunes won his last election by a wide margin.

Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe and others believe that Nunes might be prosecuted for obstruction of justice
, despite the Constitution’s Speech or Debate Clause. If so, a third overseer, Special Counsel Robert Mueller, might also get involved. For now, that seems unlikely. But affecting Mueller or perceptions about Mueller, directly or via his supervisor, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, is pretty clearly at least part of what is really going on here. As another Harvard Law Professor, Philip Heymann, has explained, the appointment of a special counsel “is an invitation to dramatic and public political battle” that takes many forms.

3. The question now is whether intelligence oversight, and the broader paradigm of intelligence under law, will become collateral damage in that battle. We established that paradigm only in the mid-1970s, and only after revelation of horrific abuses by the intelligence community, and it is by no means inevitable or invulnerable. American institutions are resilient, but they should not be tested this way. If there is no consequence for the Nunes memo, then I fear that we will see its like again and again. Our democracy is under strain, but there is still room for the voters to express their will. That is the best way to reduce this sort of disgraceful and dangerous nonsense.
https://lawfareblog.com/irony-nunes-memo

follow the whole saga here

Crazed Right-Wing Sites Pushing Nunes #ReleaseTheMemo
seemslikeadream » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm wrote:
HOT TOPIC $148,979 Money Trail Just Made Things Worse For Devin Nunes in Scandal

BycpowellPublished on February 14, 2018 SHARE TWEET

Rep. Devin Nunes (R. CA), author of the infamous hoax memo, should himself be investigated for his own ties to Russia and his involvement in covering up the “alleged” crimes of the Trump administration.

Scott Dworkin at the Democratic Coalition Against Trump explains, via Twitter: “NEW: Devin Nunes paid $148,979 in campaign funds to a company where the President says he worked for candidates & political parties in Russia. Same guy also was in Russia in 2016 & was on Russia Today propaganda network in July 2017.”

As you can see, Nunes’ campaign paid the funds to McNally Temple:

Below you can see the Russia connection on the company website:

Another day, another Russia connection, but it’s all just fake news, right?
http://www.bluedotdaily.com/148979-mone ... ign=buffer

seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 am wrote:
The Silicon Valley Giant Bankrolling Devin Nunes

Top executives at Oracle threw money to the controversial congressman just weeks after hiring a similarly controversial Nunes ally.

Weeks after they hired a controversial former Trump national security aide with ties to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA), top executives at the tech company Oracle made substantial donations to Nunes’ 2018 re-election campaign.

The donations, which totalled nearly $35,000 came from five executives, several of whom gave so much that they surpassed the legal limit and had to be refunded. What made the donations stand out, however, was not the size of them—$35,000 was a relatively small amount considering the more than $1.2 million that Nunes has raised so far this cycle. It was the timing of the giving.

Ezra Cohen-Watnick, who worked as a top White House intelligence aide linked to former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, joined Oracle just weeks before its executives began writing checks to Nunes. Cohen-Watnick had arrived at the company under a cloud of controversy. During his time in the administration, he had been identified as having provided Nunes with reports that showed former National Security Adviser Susan Rice had requested the unmasking of several Trump aides listed in classified documents. That disclosure resulted in an ethics investigation into Nunes, who was eventually cleared of any wrongdoing.

The “unmasking” scandal turned out to be vastly overstated. And it raised additional questions about Cohen-Watnick’s qualifications for the job. He ultimately was let go from the administration in August as part of a staff cleansing by Flynn’s successor, National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster.

News that Oracle had hired Cohen-Watnick in its Washington DC office came in September. In early and mid-October, Oracle’s top officials began giving to Nunes. Edward Lloyd Screven, the company’s chief corporate architect, wrote two checks to the congressman for $2,700 each that month. On October 16, Kenneth Glueck, a senior vice president, wrote two checks to Nunes for $2,700 each. That same day, Safra Catz, Oracle’s president, wrote a check to Nunes for $2,500. In late November, she wrote three more worth $5,200 (she was later refunded $2,500). Mark Hurd, CEO, would donate $5,400 in late November as well. So too would Oracle’s billionaire chairman and CTO Larry Ellison. He had $2,700 of his $8,100 in contributions refunded.

Oracle is a Republican outlier in Silicon Valley, and its executives’ right-leaning politics (and political contributions) present opportunities in Trump’s Washington unavailable to competitors like Amazon, a frequent target of Trump’s ire. Catz and Hurd are particularly close to the Trump administration, having both advised his transition team. They’ve also enjoyed personal access to high-level Trump administration officials—most notably McMaster. Catz dined with him in July, a dinner over which the National Security Adviser reportedly called President Donald Trump an “idiot” and a “dope.” But neither Catz nor any of the other Oracle executives who gave to Nunes had donated to the the congressman before. Nunes does not represent the district where Oracle is headquartered.

The congressman does have influence over legislation involving government surveillance law, on which Oracle has spent a fair amount of money lobbying, including in the last quarter of 2017. Oracle has gone out of its way in the past to praise Nunes and his Democratic counterpart on the House Intelligence Committee, California Rep. Adam Schiff, for their handling of cybersecurity issues. The company’s political action committee has donated to both congressmen. It would be slightly more than a month after the donations were made that Congress began seriously considering whether to extend, repeal or reform Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

But these five Oracle executives have not personally donated to Schiff this cycle or, for that matter, the chairmen or ranking members of the Senate Judiciary or Intelligence committees, all of whom would have played an outsized role in that debate over the 702 program as well. Indeed, for all but one of these executives, Nunes has been the only House member to whom they have donated this current cycle.

Oracle representatives did not return a request for comment. A source who works with the company said they were unaware of any fundraiser that would have been held by Nunes, at which the executives would have appeared.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-silic ... ia=desktop

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40827
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Morty » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Further tweets, quotes and videos at link:
Contradictions In Seth Rich Murder Continue To Challenge Hacking Narrative

by Tyler Durden
Sat, 03/03/2018

As rumors swirl that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is preparing a case against Russians who are alleged to have hacked Democrats during the 2016 election - a conclusion based solely on the analysis of cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike, a Friday op-ed in the Washington Times by retired U.S. Navy admiral James A. Lyons, Jr. asks a simple, yet monumentally significant question: Why haven't Congressional Investigators or Special Counsel Robert Mueller addressed the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich - who multiple people have claimed was Wikileaks' source of emails leaked during the 2016 U.S. presidential election?

Mueller has been incredibly thorough in his ongoing investigations - however he won't even respond to Kim Dotcom, the New Zealand entrepreneur who clearly knew about the hacked emails long before they were released, claims that Seth Rich obtained them with a memory stick, and has offered to provide proof to the Special Counsel investigation.
Kim Dotcom

@KimDotcom

Let me assure you, the DNC hack wasn’t even a hack. It was an insider with a memory stick. I know this because I know who did it and why. Special Counsel Mueller is not interested in my evidence. My lawyers wrote to him twice. He never replied. 360 pounds!https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/us-election/dnchack-did-kim-dotcom-warn-the-world-about-the-democratic-party-hacking-20160622-gpp15a.html … https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 6204003328
4:42 AM - Feb 19, 2018

8,556 people are talking about this

Kim Dotcom

@KimDotcom

I knew Seth Rich. I know he was the @Wikileaks source. I was involved. https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/ ... 7384072194
3:46 AM - May 21, 2017

15.3K people are talking about this

On May 18, 2017, Dotcom proposed that if Congress includes the Seth Rich investigation in their Russia probe, he would provide written testimony with evidence that Seth Rich was WikiLeaks' source.

In addition to several odd facts surrounding Rich's still unsolved murder - which officials have deemed a "botched robbery," forensic technical evidence has emerged which contradicts the Crowdstrike report. The Irvine, CA company partially funded by Google, was the only entity allowed to analyze the DNC servers in relation to claims of election hacking:

Notably, Crowdstrike has been considered by many to be discredited over their revision and retraction of a report over Russian hacking of Ukrainian military equipment - a report which the government of Ukraine said was fake news.

In connection with the emergence in some media reports which stated that the alleged “80% howitzer D-30 Armed Forces of Ukraine removed through scrapping Russian Ukrainian hackers software gunners,” Land Forces Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine informs that the said information is incorrect.

Ministry of Defence of Ukraine asks journalists to publish only verified information received from the competent official sources. Spreading false information leads to increased social tension in society and undermines public confidence in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. –mil.gov.ua (translated) (1.6.2017)

In fact, several respected journalists have cast serious doubt on CrowdStrike's report on the DNC servers:

How To Get To “Reasonable Certainty” on a Russia Finding – Jeffrey Carr, Medium (12.13.2016)

HERE’S THE PUBLIC EVIDENCE RUSSIA HACKED THE DNC — IT’S NOT ENOUGH – Sam Biddle, The Intercept (12.14.2016)

Pay attention, because Mueller is likely to use the Crowdstrike report to support the rumored upcoming charges against Russian hackers.

Also notable is that Crowdstrike founder and anti-Putin Russian expat Dimitri Alperovitch sits on the Atlantic Council - which is funded by the US State Department, NATO, Latvia, Lithuania, and Ukranian Oligarch Victor Pinchuk. Who else is on the Atlantic Council? Evelyn Farkas - who slipped up during an MSNBC interview with Mika Brzezinski and disclosed that the Obama administration had been spying on the Trump campaign:

The Trump folks, if they found out how we knew what we knew about the Trump staff dealing with Russians, that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we would not longer have access to that intelligence. -Evelyn Farkas

Odd facts surrounding the murder of Seth Rich

"The facts that we know of in the murder of the DNC staffer, Seth Rich, was that he was gunned down blocks from his home on July 10, 2016. Washington Metro police detectives claim that Mr. Rich was a robbery victim, which is strange since after being shot twice in the back, he was still wearing a $2,000 gold necklace and watch. He still had his wallet, key and phone. Clearly, he was not a victim of robbery," writes Lyons.

Another unexplained fact muddying the Rich case is that of a stolen 40 caliber Glock 22 handguns stoken from an FBI agent's car the same day Rich was murdered. D.C. Metro police said that the theft occurred between 5 and 7 a.m., while the FBI said two weeks later that the theft had occurred between Midnight and 2 a.m. - fueling speculation that the FBI gun was used in Rich's murder.

Furthermore, two men working with the Rich family - private investigator and former D.C. Police detective Rod Wheeler and family acquaintance Ed Butowsky, have previously stated that Rich had contacts with WikiLeaks before his death.

"According to Ed Butowsky, an acquaintance of the family, in his discussions with Joel and Mary Rich, they confirmed that their son transmitted the DNC emails to Wikileaks," writes Lyons.

While Wheeler initially told TV station Fox5 that proof of Rich's contact with WikiLeaks lies on the murdered IT staffer's laptop, he later walked the claim back - though he maintained that there was "some communication between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks."

Wheeler also claimed in recently leaked audio that Seth Rich’s brother, Aaron – a Northrup Grumman employee, blocked him from looking at Seth’s computer and stonewalled his investigation.

Wheeler said that brother Aaron Rich tried to block Wheeler from looking at Seth’s computer, even though there could be evidence on it. “He said no, he said I have his computer, meaning him,” Wheeler said. “I said, well can I look at it?…He said, what are you looking for? I said anything that could indicate if Seth was having problems with someone. He said no, I already checked it. Don’t worry about it.”

Aaron also blocked Wheeler from finding out about who was at a party Seth attended the night of the murder.

“All I want you to do is work on the botched robbery theory and that’s it,” Aaron told Wheeler -Big League Politics

Perhaps the most stunning audio evidence, however, comes from leaked audio of a recorded conversation between Ed Butowsky and Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, who told him of a "purported FBI report establishing that Seth Rich sent emails to WikiLeaks.”

As transcribed and exclusively reported on by journalist Cassandra Fairbanks last year:

What the report says is that some time in late Spring… he makes contact with WikiLeaks, that’s in his computer,” he says. “Anyway, they found what he had done is that he had submitted a series of documents — of emails, of juicy emails, from the DNC.”

Hersh explains that it was unclear how the negotiations went, but that WikiLeaks did obtain access to a password protected DropBox where Rich had put the files.

“All I know is that he offered a sample, an extensive sample, I’m sure dozens of emails, and said ‘I want money.’ Later, WikiLeaks did get the password, he had a DropBox, a protected DropBox,” he said. They got access to the DropBox.”

Hersh also states that Rich had concerns about something happening to him, and had

“The word was passed, according to the NSA report, he also shared this DropBox with a couple of friends, so that ‘if anything happens to me it’s not going to solve your problems,’” he added. “WikiLeaks got access before he was killed.”

Brennan and Russian disinformation

Hersh also told Butowsky that the DNC made up the Russian hacking story as a disinformation campaign – directly pointing a finger at former CIA director (and now MSNBC/NBC contributor) John Brennan as the architect.

I have a narrative of how that whole f*cking thing began. It’s a Brennan operation, it was an American disinformation, and the fu*kin’ President, at one point, they even started telling the press – they were backfeeding the Press, the head of the NSA was going and telling the press, fu*king c*cksucker Rogers, was telling the press that we even know who in the Russian military intelligence service leaked it.

Hersh denied that he told Butowsky anything before the leaked audio emerged, telling NPR “I hear gossip… [Butowsky] took two and two and made 45 out of it.”

Techincal Evidence

As we mentioned last week, Dotcom's assertion is backed up by an analysis done last year by a researcher who goes by the name Forensicator, who determined that the DNC files were copied at 22.6 MB/s - a speed virtually impossible to achieve from halfway around the world, much less over a local network - yet a speed typical of file transfers to a memory stick.

The big hint

Last but not least, let’s not forget that Julian Assange heavily implied Seth Rich was a source:

Given that a) the Russian hacking narrative hinges on Crowdstrikes's questionable reporting, and b) a mountain of evidence pointing to Seth Rich as the source of the leaked emails - it stands to reason that Congressional investigators and Special Counsel Robert Mueller should at minimum explore these leads.

As retired U.S. Navy admiral James A. Lyons, Jr. asks: why aren't they?
Morty

Postby Jerky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 am

Fox News Sued by Parents of Slain DNC Staffer Seth Rich

The parents of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich sued Fox News on Tuesday, accusing the network of fabricating a conspiracy involving their son and Wikileaks in order to boost ratings.

Joel and Mary Rich filed suit in federal court in New York, seeking unspecified damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress and other claims. On May 16, 2017, Fox News published a story on its website asserting that Seth Rich had leaked thousands of emails to Wikileaks before he was shot and killed in July 2016.

The network retracted the story a week later, saying it did not meet the network’s standards. However, the suit alleges that the story fueled a conspiracy theory that continues to cause them harm. For example, they say they still feel compelled to read articles, tweets and internet postings regarding their son, in order to defend him from attacks on his character.

“Defendants’ outrageous conduct prevented them from coming to terms with his murder because they were repeatedly forced to relive it,” the suit states. “Whatever progress they had made in accepting Seth’s death and moving forward was completely derailed by Defendants’ outrageous behavior.”

The lawsuit names the reporter, Malia Zimmerman, and political operative Ed Butowsky as defendants, in addition to the network. It does not name Rod Wheeler, the private investigator who was cited in the retracted story, and who sued Fox last year, alleging he was misquoted.

Asked about the Rich family’s suit, a Fox spokesperson said, “We can’t comment on this pending litigation.”

According to the complaint, Butowsky used the Rich family’s Jewish heritage in order to gain their trust, contacting them through a member of their temple. Butowsky persuaded them to hire Wheeler, who had done work for Fox News, in order to help investigate their son’s murder, the suit claims. The contract barred Wheeler from discussing the case with third parties without the Rich family’s permission. Unbeknownst to them, however, Wheeler was working with Butowsky and Zimmerman on the article at the same time, and Butowsky and Wheeler even briefed White House communications director Sean Spicer on the story’s progress.

Since their son’s murder, the Rich family has consistently had to refute the idea of a connection between Seth and Wikileaks. In the suit, they say they repeatedly told Butowsky that there was no way their son could be connected to the dump of DNC emails. Nevertheless, the suit notes that Butowksy has been quoted saying that the Rich family confirmed to him that their son leaked the emails.

Even after the story fell apart, the suit states that “Fox continued to exploit the sham story because it was good for ratings.”

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/fox-ne ... 202726144/
Jerky

Postby American Dream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Alex Jones attacks Seth Rich’s mother: “Fox News didn’t shoot your son”

The Rich family has filed a lawsuit against Fox News for emotional distress after it repeatedly pushed conspiracy theories about Seth Rich’s murder
Video››› MEDIA MATTERS STAFF

From the March 14 edition of Genesis Communications Network’s The Alex Jones Show:

ALEX JONES (HOST): Seth Rich’s parents sue Fox News for investigating his death. I’m not kidding. I talked to lawyers about that this morning. They said it’s just completely -- the mother, poor lady, says, “Oh, after he died, I’m stressed out and can’t work and after media coverage.” OK, but Fox News didn’t shoot your son. And I’m sorry he’s dead. But, talking to lawyers in D.C., and others, they said they always catch these random shootings or muggings, except this time. And nothing was taken.

And you’ve got Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the head of the Democratic Party, threatening the police about other laptops that got left showing Pakistani infiltration. And you’ve got the former head of the NSA who's examined the files of the WikiLeaks information and it was downloaded at point-blank range. It wasn’t transferred over the internet. So it’s totally normal to question. But they say, oh no, it’s a conspiracy theory. The Democratic Party came in and they had one of their top crisis operatives -- not crisis actor -- crisis managers of the Democratic Party come into the family the week after, take control of the whole thing, and now you question Seth Rich, you get sued. I mean that’s what's happening to us.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018 ... son/219633
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Conspiracy theorist and OAN employee Jack Posobiec hypes smears from defendant in Seth Rich lawsuit

From the March 15 edition of One America News:

JACK POSOBIEC (OAN POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT): Nearly two years after the tragic murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich the case remains unsolved and DC police continue their ongoing investigation. At one point Republican businessman Ed Butowsky, among others, stepped in to financially support a private investigator for the Rich family in hopes of solving the homicide case. Rod Wheeler, that investigator, later approached media and made comments for an article that set off a firestorm, but were later retracted. The Rich family is now represented by a Democrat Party donor, Leonard Gail, and filing a lawsuit against Butowsky. The lawsuit claims Butowsky reached out to the family under false pretenses and seeks damages for emotional distress caused by the story. One America News spoke with Butowksy earlier today in an exclusive interview. Butowsky stated that in late 2016 the Washington police had all but shut down the investigation and after meeting the family he offered to pay for the private investigator to look into the matter. Butowsky denied any involvement in the article in question stating, ‘I didn't write the article, I didn't participate in the writing of the article, and I didn't help put the people together for this article.’ Butowsky noted that he is going to fight the lawsuit and is looking forward to the discovery phase. Further Butowsky claimed that when he spoke to Joel Rich, Seth Rich's father, on December 17 at 3:10 am central time, that Joel confirmed to him that his son had been the one who downloaded emails from the DNC server and later transmitted them to Wikileaks. He added that he hopes Mr. Rich will be honest with the country about what happened. Trial attorney and pundit, Robert Barnes of California, took to Twitter last night to note that the most noteworthy thing about the Seth Rich related lawsuit against Fox and Butowsky: “it doesn't allege defamation or libel ever as a cause of action. If those behind the suit thought the allegations were false, why not allege defamation?” Barnes was alluding to federal rules of civil procedure rule 12B6: failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted. In cases of emotional distress, lawsuits are generally for when the distress was intentional, such as threats of physical harm or injury. While the murder of Seth Rich remains unsolved, this new lawsuit may just add a new layer of complexity to the story.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018 ... uit/219658
American Dream

Postby Elvis » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:56 am

Thanks for the news about Alex Jones.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 pm

http://www.joemygod.com/2018/03/20/nutj ... racy-loon/

Nutjob Seth Rich Conspiracy Loon Claims He Was Nearly Murdered By Fellow Nutjob Seth Rich Conspiracy Loon

March 20, 2018 Christianists, Crackpots

The Washington Post reports:

As conspiracy theories swirled around the murder of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, lobbyist Jack Burkman took the unusual step of launching his own private investigation. A man with military and security experience stepped up to help. Now Burkman alleges that man, Kevin Doherty, nearly killed him.

Burkman, a conservative lobbyist who has also raised money for Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign official who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI, and protested gay athletes in the NFL, is used to controversy. But Doherty’s arrest Saturday by Arlington County police on charges of malicious wounding and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony caps a saga stranger than Burkman’s own conspiracy theories.

“It’s a horror story,” Burkman, of Arlington, said in an interview Monday afternoon. He is still recovering after being shot several times and run over by an SUV last Tuesday. Doherty briefly worked for Burkman’s Profiling Project, which was formed to build a psychological portrait of Rich’s likely killer. Burkman was offering a six-figure reward for information on the slaying of Rich, which police have determined was most likely a random robbery but many conservatives have claimed was part of a political conspiracy.

For some reason, I’m getting press releases from Burkman’s flacks. This one just arrived:

Yesterday, Arlington police announced they have arrested Kevin Dougherty, a former member of Burkman’s Profiling Project, for the brutal attack. Dougherty not only carried out the attack but was posing as the anonymous informant to lure Burkman into place.

Burkman has issued a statement on the arrest: “I’m deeply saddened to hear a former member of our team was responsible for the vicious attack I suffered last week. To not only discover his involvement, but also his coordinated plan to bait me with his expertise and impersonation of an FBI agent is truly disturbing. Imagine my surprise when investigating a supposed FBI conspiracy lands me in a real-life conspiracy of my own.”

“Throughout this process I’ve come to realize what many people in our city do on a daily basis – The Arlington police are world-class and some of the finest people I’ve met in the country. Their support has been overwhelming and my family and I are grateful for their hard work.”

From Burkman’s Facebook page:

This attack is a direct result of my hunt for the truth regarding FBI corruption. I’ve been working with a confidential source within the agency for the past month and was only at the Marriott to pick up documents the source left for pickup.

I’ve now been attacked twice this year while digging for answers where someone clearly doesn’t want me to dig. Because of this, we can only call upon President Trump and Attorney General Sessions to launch an investigation into the top ranks of the FBI.

Burkman first appeared on JMG in September 2014 when he called on Christians to boycott any NFL team that hired gay defensive end Michael Sam. Burkman later canceled his protest outside a Dallas Cowboys game, citing death threats from unnamed persons.
American Dream

Postby Jerky » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 pm

Doubleyew... Tee... EFF!?!?!?!?!?!
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion