Who Was Seth Rich?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Who Was Seth Rich?

Postby Sounder » Wed May 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks Mulligan, good find.

Geez, what a swamp.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Wed May 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Mulligan wrote:Ed Butowsky, the Dallas wealth manager and frequent Fox News guest who facilitated a private investigation into the murder of Seth Rich, is friends with and serves on the board of an organization started by White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon.

No surprise—all those people would of course love to find something connecting the killing of Seth Rich to Democrats. Sadly, they seem to be the only ones with any motivation to investigate. And sure, they'll make all the hay they can from it.

Wikileaks I find credible, Kim Dotcom, no; wasn't he supposed to have a big 'reveal' about his supposed role in the affair?

More later, thanks Mulligan.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed May 24, 2017 6:05 pm

I don't believe the DNC was in any way responsible for Rich's murder. It should be know to all here that there's a large number of FBI insiders who detest the Clintons. I believe Rich somehow learned the hacks came from within the FBI. I have no idea who assassinated him, but also must allow the possibility his murder was committed by a soon to be gang member for his initiation into the gang. It could be completely a random act of violence by some other insane angry person. Hell, it could have been the investigator hired by the third party, the former DC detective who killed him at the bequest of his employer. Wouldn't be the first time a false flag type assassination was used to mislead observers as to cause and motive.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Rory » Wed May 24, 2017 6:09 pm

SmartSelectImage_2017-05-24-15-06-02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rory

Postby Mulligan » Wed May 24, 2017 6:22 pm

O'Reilly was ousted from Fox less than 2 months ago because everyone complained to his sponsors and got them to pull ads.
Mulligan

Postby Elvis » Wed May 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Iamwhomiam » Wed May 24, 2017 3:05 pm wrote:I don't believe the DNC was in any way responsible for Rich's murder. It should be know to all here that there's a large number of FBI insiders who detest the Clintons. I believe Rich somehow learned the hacks came from within the FBI. I have no idea who assassinated him, but also must allow the possibility his murder was committed by a soon to be gang member for his initiation into the gang. It could be completely a random act of violence by some other insane angry person. Hell, it could have been the investigator hired by the third party, the former DC detective who killed him at the bequest of his employer. Wouldn't be the first time a false flag type assassination was used to mislead observers as to cause and motive.

Those are all valid theories, thanks. I wouldn't say anything so broad as "the DNC killed Seth Rich," any more than I'd say "the government did 9/11." I do think individuals and cliques among such institutions act in their own interests.

In Podesta's "make an example" email, he's totally down with "making an example" of an innocent person. In whose interest is that kind of ethos? What the hell kind of man is John Podesta, who would do this? If he'd punish an innocent person—by ruining their career? having them beaten up? he doesn't say—how would he punish a real leaker? I don't for a minute rule out Podesta involvement.

Nor do I rule out Russian involvement. Through cutouts e.g., perhaps Seth was induced to download the emails without knowing the real user would be pro-Trump Russians, who'd naturally be hot for such a cache. Something goes wrong; Seth maybe knows too much, won't take a bribe, etc. and is shot.

The only thing I'm convinced of at this point is that Seth had the means, motive and opportunity to leak the emails. Probability-wise, I'm about 90% persuaded that he did just that.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Wed May 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Elvis wrote:Nor do I rule out Russian involvement. Through cutouts e.g., perhaps Seth was induced to download the emails without knowing the real user would be pro-Trump Russians, who'd naturally be hot for such a cache.

To wit:
I have studied Russian intelligence activities over the years, and have seen it -- again, manifest in many different of our counterintelligence cases, and -- and how they have been able to get people, including inside of CIA, to become treasonous.

And frequently, individuals who go along that treasonous path do not even realize they're along that path until it gets to be a bit too late.

former CIA Director John Brennan, May 23, 2017

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1705/23/ath.01.html
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Wed May 24, 2017 7:49 pm

elfismiles » Wed May 24, 2017 12:25 pm wrote:

Yes, its always gonna hurt the family to see media attention on their deceased.

If it’s responsible, investigative reporting, I think it would be welcomed. But, yeah, as it is, it’s got to hurt and it’s disgusting how the use of a bereft family is being ratcheted up to serve the agendas of media and others.

From NPR’s interview w/WaPo 'conspiracy' theory debunking shill David Weigel on Seth Rich, yesterday:
“Police have investigated this, and unfortunately it is one of the many unsolved murders in D.C. right now. It's one of the many unsolved crimes in the neighborhood of Bloomingdale.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/22/529550289 ... -fake-news

Unsolved crimes in the Bloomingdale neighborhood may be many but not unsolved murders.

Why isn’t the WaPo holding the MPDC feet to the fire, as they’ve done in the past, to do their job to solve the many unsolved murders and also to address publicly Seth Rich’s very high profile murder?

Published in the Washington Post on July 10, 2015, one-year-to-the-day of Seth Rich’s slaying:

Getting away with murder in the District

By Colbert I. King Opinion writer July 10, 2015

“Homicides in the District are up 17.7 percent over this time last year, with 73 slayings as of Thursday.
Worse, people are getting away with murder.

So far this year, 48 D.C. homicides have gone unsolved. The killers of 70 homicide victims in 2014 have not been arrested. Fifty-four homicide cases from 2013 remain unsolved.

This scourge of unsolved murders has been building over the years.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... f172d3922n

From a six-part expose in December of 2000:

“A year-long Washington Post investigation has found fundamental flaws in D.C. homicide cases: poor supervision of detectives scattered in districts across the city, hundreds of missing and incomplete case files, and dozens of cases closed without arrests under unclear circumstances. The disarray has persisted despite repeated promises of fixes, a precipitously dropping homicide rate and the arrival two years ago of a police chief brought in to reform a troubled department.

Nothing illustrates the depths of the department's problems more clearly than the handling of homicide case files, one of the most important measures of a department's "investigative integrity," according to an internal department memo.“
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02327.html

Given such criticism from the Nation's Capital's leading newspaper, the D.C. Homicide Dept. can't do better in their highest profile case in years?
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Elvis, I meant disgruntled FBI staff did the hacking that's being blamed on the Russians. From what I recall, the FBI claimed three Michigan voting districts had been hacked, but wasn't sure who the responsible culprits were. (Something about 70K votes)
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elihu » Wed May 24, 2017 10:23 pm

from what i recall, the little diminutive john conyers was sent out to a little bookstore gathering to address the vote-rigging in the, i belive it was the 2004 election. the first question put to him was "when is somebody going to jail?" the answer is, nobody ever. don't yall know that by now? screaming about hitlery and trumpf is just the final stages of this calculated psychosis foisted on the outs by the ins, fighting amongst themselves though they ostensibly do. i'm not even going to bother jumping over to the manchester boobing thread. you can tell it's government terrorism against you as long as the bombs are going off at teenie bopper concerts, sports, party, night club crowds, gigantic bank robberies and records destruction. none of it even a remote threat to western civ, contrary to what goldstein islamic fundies are supposedly about. heck they could do more damage by throwing a stick of dynamite in a man hole. they're pathetic. except they're not real. but you are more terrorized. why? because there will be more laws more cops and more survelliance and everyone's a suspect. shoot your best move is to go ahead and turn your neighbor in. enjoy the show folks. and quit paying your taxes, if you can.
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Postby elfismiles » Thu May 25, 2017 4:56 pm

WND EXCLUSIVE
Twitter suspends WND for Seth Rich report
Deactivates account over story about Donna Brazile's involvement

Published: 24 hours ago
http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/twitter-susp ... UXxt32h.99
The news story was about a private detective’s revelation that former Democratic National Committee interim chairwoman Donna Brazile was the high-ranking DNC representative who allegedly called police and the Rich family and demanded to know why a private investigator was “snooping” into the case.

The detective, Rod Wheeler, told WND: “The high-ranking DNC official that called the police after I inquired about Rich’s case was Donna Brazile. Why shouldn’t I reveal who it was?”

Brazile, who was also a CNN contributor and a Hillary for America donor at the time, was caught providing Clinton with questions that would later be asked of Clinton at a televised CNN town hall. In an interview with Fox News before the election, Brazile denied leaking the questions to Clinton. But in a March 17, 2017, column for Time magazine, she finally admitted doing so, saying it was a “mistake I will forever regret.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/twitter-susp ... UXxt32h.99

search.php?keywords=seth+rich+Brazile+

Burkman made clear he does not believe in these theories and said he views them as “particularly unhelpful” and “nonsense.” He also said that the DNC and its chairwoman Donna Brazile have been doing their best to try and help solve the mystery.

Helping distribute the fliers were area residents and friends, including Donna Brazile, interim chair of the Democratic National Committee, where Seth Rich worked on helping people vote.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Mulligan » Wed May 24, 2017 12:09 pm wrote:The details on Rich's murder seem pretty murky, for sure. What evidence do we have outside of sideways Assange statements and Kim Dotcom that he was the DNC leaker?

Damn good question, Mulligan. I can understand Assange's obligation to protect a source, but if that source was Rich, who is he protecting by refusing to confirm that the victim of an unsolved murder was his source?
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Cordelia » Thu May 25, 2017 7:07 pm

elfismiles » Thu May 25, 2017 7:56 pm wrote:WND EXCLUSIVE
Twitter suspends WND for Seth Rich report
Deactivates account over story about Donna Brazile's involvement

Published: 24 hours ago
http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/twitter-susp ... UXxt32h.99
The news story was about a private detective’s revelation that former Democratic National Committee interim chairwoman Donna Brazile was the high-ranking DNC representative who allegedly called police and the Rich family and demanded to know why a private investigator was “snooping” into the case.

The detective, Rod Wheeler, told WND: “The high-ranking DNC official that called the police after I inquired about Rich’s case was Donna Brazile. Why shouldn’t I reveal who it was?”

Brazile, who was also a CNN contributor and a Hillary for America donor at the time, was caught providing Clinton with questions that would later be asked of Clinton at a televised CNN town hall. In an interview with Fox News before the election, Brazile denied leaking the questions to Clinton. But in a March 17, 2017, column for Time magazine, she finally admitted doing so, saying it was a “mistake I will forever regret.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/twitter-susp ... UXxt32h.99

If accurate, arrogant & suspicious inquires made by her. Except for police & law enforcement officials, only a licensed private investigator can look at open case files (it’s what they do, ‘snoop’).
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby stefano » Fri May 26, 2017 5:54 am

Might also be that Rod Wheeler is being instructed to keep this going.
stefano

Postby stefano » Fri May 26, 2017 11:19 am

This is something the Trumpistos at the_donald are flagging as significant:

Federal Prosecutor Found Dead on Florida Beach

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS MAY 25, 2017, 4:07 P.M. E.D.T.

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. — The body of a federal prosecutor has been found on a Florida beach with possible head trauma.

Hollywood police spokeswoman Miranda Grossman said Thursday that the body of 37-year-old Beranton J. Whisenant Jr. was found early Wednesday by a passerby on the city's beach. She said detectives are trying to determine if the death was a homicide, suicide or something else.

Whisenant worked for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami in its major crimes unit. He had joined the office in January. Court records show he had been handling several visa and passport fraud cases.

Acting U.S. Attorney Benjamin G. Greenberg said in a statement that Whisenant was a "great lawyer and wonderful colleague." The office declined to comment on the investigation.

Looks like they find it suspicious because it's Wasserman Schultz's congressional district, but it coincides with:

WATCH: Debbie Wasserman Schultz caught on tape threatening police chief
stefano

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion