Who Was Seth Rich?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Who Was Seth Rich?

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:21 am

Has Elvis left the building?

I was hoping for a respectful discussion of the evidence (or lack thereof) that Rich was a leaker, now that we've done the oh so hard work of agreeing that evidence is based on facts.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:56 pm

I am most comfortable with the thought that Seth Rich was the source to WikiLeaks and that his murder was an unrelated coincidence.

Looks to me like Sy Hersh is being taken out of context by parties that want to muddy the story and diminish Hersh.

Seems that far too many stories that get wide distribution are those that can be used by various opposing to sow confusion and wasted energies.

I can appreciate why Rich's family does not want Seth to be viewed as the leak.
PufPuf93

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:05 pm

I think Assange's offer of reward money is evidence of something or other. I have not yet reached a conclusion as to what.

If I knew/trusted that Assange was an ethical broker, I would argue this was evidence (via the strong policy of not naming sources) that Rich was the leaker.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:20 pm

liminalOyster » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:05 am wrote:I think Assange's offer of reward money is evidence of something or other. I have not yet reached a conclusion as to what.

If I knew/trusted that Assange was an ethical broker, I would argue this was evidence (via the strong policy of not naming sources) that Rich was the leaker.

I look at Assange's offer of a reward different now than when first made (and perceived as a good faith gesture).

Assange has more the role of the Trickster than my once impressions and he could well just have been japing powers that be and the media.

I do consider WikiLeaks regardless as worthwhile and heroic.
PufPuf93

Postby Jerky » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Julian Assange's decision to play disgusting games with Rich's family--insinuating that he has information that could lead to the identification of Rich's killers while simultaneously offering a 20,000$ reward to anyone with information that could lead to the identification of Rich's killers--doesn't even make any goddamn sense.
Jerky

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Jerky » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:27 pm wrote:Julian Assange's decision to play disgusting games with Rich's family--insinuating that he has information that could lead to the identification of Rich's killers while simultaneously offering a 20,000$ reward to anyone with information that could lead to the identification of Rich's killers--doesn't even make any goddamn sense.

Seth's family are unfortunate victim's of losing a family member unexpectedly and with controversy.

I doubt Assange considered Rich's family at all in any of his acts and statement regards Seth Rich so there is not the deliberate harm but harm nonetheless.

The DNC, LE, and media contribute to whatever Rich family angst exists.

The one item that most needs clarification (and that may be unpleasant to some) is whether Seth Rich in fact leaked to WikiLeaks. I think it likely but mot certain as a separate issue from his murder.
PufPuf93

Postby Cordelia » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:39 am

Jerky » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:27 am wrote:Julian Assange's decision to play disgusting games with Rich's family--insinuating that he has information that could lead to the identification of Rich's killers while simultaneously offering a 20,000$ reward to anyone with information that could lead to the identification of Rich's killers--doesn't even make any goddamn sense.

This statement doesn't make any sense.

A better question, imo, is why does the emotional well-being of the family of a possibly politically motivated assassination become and remain front and center? A decision to use them to deflect legitimate interest in this case is what would constitute disgusting mind games.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:20 am

A better question, imo, is why does the emotional well-being of the family of a possibly politically motivated assassination become and remain front and center? A decision to use them to deflect legitimate interest in this case is what would constitute disgusting mind games.

I would have italicized "possibly" rather than those other words. Because if it Rich's murder was not politically-motivated, then there is absolutely every reason to keep the well-being of the family front and center in light of the attacks on their character/motivations and the Hannity-inspired verbal assault on the conclusion he was not the leaker and was murdered in a robbery, which, as far as we know, could well be the truth.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Cordelia » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:23 am

mentalgongfu2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:20 pm wrote:
A better question, imo, is why does the emotional well-being of the family of a possibly politically motivated assassination become and remain front and center? A decision to use them to deflect legitimate interest in this case is what would constitute disgusting mind g, ames.

I would have italicized "possibly" rather than those other words. Because if it Rich's murder was not politically-motivated, then there is absolutely every reason to keep the well-being of the family front and center in light of the attacks on their character/motivations and the Hannity-inspired verbal assault on the conclusion he was not the leaker and was murdered in a robbery, which, as far as we know, could well be the truth.

I originally italicized 'possibly' along w/the other two word but changed it, reflecting, I admit, my own bias about the murder being planned (though I'm not attached to a particular theory) but also that, if so, public interest in the case would eclipse the emotional well-being of the victim's family. (Sorry I wasn't clearer.)

Something else I've wondered, and maybe it's already been addressed, is 'speculation' as to why Rich was drinking heavily that night and walking around the city in the wee-hours. Was that something he did on occasion or could it reflect ambivalence or deep conflict in a young man who's just made a risky and/or dangerous career/ life-altering decision?

Edit to add, FUCK vultures like Hannity, Burkman, Fox News, political operatives, and all the other trolls that lurk under D.C. bridges.

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Well, Elvis said he would get back to me last Sunday, but that hasn't happened, and he has not replied to my PM.

So, since you are still engaged in this thread Cordelia, and have clearly followed the case more closely than I, to you know where I could find a summary of the actual evidence (not just speculation), if any, that RIch was the wikileaks leaker?

To my mind, a politically-motivated hit only makes sense if that is indeed the case. And if he's not the leaker (or there isn't solid evidence he was), I am much more inclined to accept the conclusions of D.C. police and the family at face value.
mentalgongfu2

Postby Jerky » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:59 pm

My POINT is that it makes no sense for Assange to offer a reward for information that could help identify Seth Rich's killers while simultaneously (and disgustingly) pretending that HE HIMSELF has information that would, if true, be precisely that sort of information.

Does that help clear it up for those of you who claim not to have understood what I wrote? Is it really so hard to see the obvious contradiction and hypocrisy at work here?

It's like when Assange went on the BBC and was asked, point blank, "Did Seth Rich provide you with information?" and he replied verbally "I'm not saying that" while simultaneously nodding his head 'yes' and, iirc, fucking WINKING.

YOPJ
Jerky

Postby chump » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:16 pm

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/sh ... post120711

... "Seth Rich" is largely an unknown character who may even by alive with the robbery gone bad was an extraction operation to move him out of the country. He was a trained intel operative. Nevertheless, there is really very little really known about him. The biggest piece of data is that there is so much work to maintain the official narrative...

... It's very complicated. For example, the current Seth Rich leaks are just now coming out when the Awan brothers story is now moving into the mainstream. So timing. Second. vast amounts of metadata regarding SR has been suppressed -- no police body cams, no CCTV available, no autopsy data, no police cooperation on what should be nothing but a botched robbery (why?), and a lot more. Conclusion: not much is known other than the official story about the alleged murder. Why alleged? There is no proof that he is really dead.

Second, what was Seth Rich's function? It appears that SR's job with the DNC was more than running doner lists. Watch this video starting from about the 7:00.

https://youtu.be/35ZXV-UwPYI#t=7m

My point is that there is a lot of sand being thrown in the eyes regarding the Seth Rich affair. Once again, it begs the question Why? My point is that there is more that is not known about Seth Rich and his murder than is known.

Regarding the Sy Hersh article, it is part of the puzzle.
chump

Postby Jerky » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:27 am

Oh, Jesus Christ. Jerome Corsi now?

Is there NO ONE sufficiently exposed as a base, agenda pushing, propaganda-vectoring bad faith actor as to merit being beneath our dignity to entertain?

Who will next be presented as a valid source here? Fucking Cernovich?

J
Jerky

Postby chump » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 am

Piece of the puzzle
chump

Postby elfismiles » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:38 am

Okay ... am I missing something ??? There is a difference between the DNC emails and the Podesta emails, correct?

A New Report Raises Big Questions About Last Year’s DNC Hack

Former NSA experts say it wasn’t a hack at all, but a leak—an inside job by someone with access to the DNC’s system.
By Patrick Lawrence
. . .
Forensic investigators, intelligence analysts, system designers, program architects, and computer scientists of long experience and strongly credentialed are now producing evidence disproving the official version of key events last year. Their work is intricate and continues at a kinetic pace as we speak. But its certain results so far are two, simply stated, and freighted with implications:

There was no hack of the Democratic National Committee’s system on July 5 last year—not by the Russians, not by anyone else. Hard science now demonstrates it was a leak—a download executed locally with a memory key or a similarly portable data-storage device. In short, it was an inside job by someone with access to the DNC’s system. This casts serious doubt on the initial “hack,” as alleged, that led to the very consequential publication of a large store of documents on WikiLeaks last summer.

Forensic investigations of documents made public two weeks prior to the July 5 leak by the person or entity known as Guccifer 2.0 show that they were fraudulent: Before Guccifer posted them they were adulterated by cutting and pasting them into a blank template that had Russian as its default language. Guccifer took responsibility on June 15 for an intrusion the DNC reported on June 14 and professed to be a WikiLeaks source—claims essential to the official narrative implicating Russia in what was soon cast as an extensive hacking operation. To put the point simply, forensic science now devastates this narrative.

Who delivered documents to WikiLeaks? Who was responsible for the “phishing” operation penetrating John Podesta’s e-mail in March 2016? We do not know the answers to such questions. It is entirely possible, indeed, that the answers we deserve and must demand could turn out to be multiple: One thing happened in one case, another thing in another. The new work done on the mid-June and July 5 events bears upon all else in only one respect. We are now on notice: Given that we now stand face to face with very considerable cases of duplicity, it is imperative that all official accounts of these many events be subject to rigorously skeptical questioning. Do we even know that John Podesta’s e-mail was in fact “phished”? What evidence of this has been produced? Such rock-bottom questions as these must now be posed in all other cases.

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new ... -dnc-hack/

... and ...

elfismiles » 10 Aug 2017 15:59 wrote:Not familiar with this YouTube channel ...

Exploring Palantir with Quinn Michaels
12,293 views 3 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0RPn9Ikh0A

Streamed live on Aug 6, 2017

Buddhist bot-master and AI guru Quinn Michaels schools us on Palantir, Trump's shadow president and new insights into Seth Rich's possible role in the DNC leaks. George phones in from Ohio.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Cl9Q ... jP7pP4BBQ/

NYPD struggles to move crime analysis from Palantir to home-grown ...
https://gcn.com/Articles/2017/07/06/NYP ... lysis.aspx
Jul 6, 2017 - Since at least 2012, NYPD has used software from Palantir, a data mining firm with several federal contracts, for crime analysis. The system ...

NYPD is canceling its Palantir contract | Hacker News
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14674460
Jul 1, 2017 - Palantir has an outdated software stack (Java/Swing). Their genius lied in creating "mythical image" and cleverly overselling it to the less ...

Report: The NYPD Is Ending Their Contract With The Silicon Valley ...
http://www.thefader.com/2017/06/28/nypd ... rda-report
Jun 28, 2017 - The NYPD is ending its contract with Palantir Technologies, a $20 billion Silicon Valley company that the department has used to collect and ...

What does the fight between palantir & nypd mean for your data ...
http://www.iheavy.com/2017/07/06/what-f ... ship-saas/
Jul 6, 2017 - In a recent buzzfeed piece, NYPD goes to the mat with Palantir over their data. ... In the case of Palantir, they claim to be an open system.

Palantir and NYPD face off over disputes – Crime Technology Weekly
https://fightfinancialcrimes.com/2017/0 ... -disputes/
Jun 29, 2017 - The shine is most definitely coming off the Palantir brand. Here's a fascinating story about NYPD and Palantir, and how the former is kicking the ...
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion