Who Was Seth Rich?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Who Was Seth Rich?

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue May 23, 2017 5:35 pm

A polite request to slad: Please stop throwing this thread off-topic with irrelevant and lengthy copy&pastes and pointless giant photos. Thank you in advance.

This is a thread about Seth Rich, who was murdered. Back on-topic.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 23, 2017 5:36 pm

MacCruiskeen » Tue May 23, 2017 4:35 pm wrote:A polite request to slad: Please stop throwing this thread off-topic with irrelevant and lengthy copy&pastes and pointless giant photos. Thank you in advance.

of course now that Fox has retracted...giant pics of liars were necessary ..I am finished here

that's Fox News that started all this crap again

Rory started the off topic btw

Rory » Tue May 23, 2017 1:10 pm wrote:The collusion with Russia was the same as the collusion with Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Ukraine, etc..
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Thank christ for small mercies.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Cordelia » Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm

MacCruiskeen » Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm wrote:A polite request to slad: Please stop throwing this thread off-topic with irrelevant and lengthy copy&pastes and pointless giant photos. Thank you in advance.

Thank you, Mac.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 23, 2017 6:01 pm

MacCruiskeen » Tue May 23, 2017 4:42 pm wrote:

Thank christ for small mercies.

Not quite...please address this..on topic and no huge pictures ...you attacked me for months here ...don't forget that ..I won't..you came into my threads ranting and pissing all over them but now it is a different story

Fox Removes Story Based On Conspiracy Theory About Murdered DNC Staffer
Douglas C. Pizac/AP
By ESME CRIBB Published MAY 23, 2017 3:14 PM
Fox News on Tuesday removed a story based on an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory about the unsolved murder of a DNC staffer.

“The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting,” Fox said in a brief statement. “Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.”

The network did not apologize and said it “will continue to investigate this story.”

A link to a Fox News story originally titled “Slain DNC staffer had contact with WikiLeaks, investigator says” returned an error Tuesday afternoon, though the original iteration of the article remained available via the Wayback Machine.

Local Washington, D.C. Fox affiliate WTTG published a story last week about claims made by a private investigator under contract with the family of Seth Rich, a DNC staffer who was shot and killed in July 2016 two days before WikiLeaks released thousands of emails from top members of the Democratic National Committee.

In its story, WTTG claimed that Rod Wheeler, the investigator, said there was “tangible evidence on Rich’s laptop that confirms he was communicating with WikiLeaks prior to his death.”

Conservative outlets including the Drudge Report, Breitbart News and Fox News immediately blasted out WTTG’s story about Rich’s alleged communications.

A day later, Brad Bauman, a spokesman for Rich’s family, pushed back on the allegations, telling BuzzFeed that the family “only learned about this when contacted by the press.”

“Frankly,” Bauman said, “I believe there’s a special place in hell for the folks who are pushing the story.”

He told CNN that the family was reviewing possible legal action against the investigator, who could be “in breach of a non disclosure contract.”

Fox News updated its story the same day to reflect Bauman’s comments, without indicating that it had done so.

WTTG published an extensive update to the story the next day after Wheeler backtracked and told other news outlets that he got that information “from the reporter at Fox News” rather than from FBI sources, as the Fox affiliate claimed.

That didn’t stop top host Sean Hannity from promoting the conspiracy theory-based story for almost a week afterward. As of 3 p.m. ET Tuesday, Hannity was still tweeting about internet millionaire Kim Dotcom’s claim to have “communicated” with Rich and to have proof that he was involved with the theft of thousands of emails from the DNC.

Dotcom claimed in 2014 to have similar proof of a conspiracy against him. In March, the New Zealand Serious Fraud Office announced that the email Dotcom produced as evidence was a forgery.

In the meantime, Hannity’s entire Twitter profile is a testament to the power of confirmation bias in the form of rants against “sheep” and “snowflakes.”

The Daily Beast on Monday reported that other Fox News employees were less enthused by Hannity’s week-long crusade.

“ARE WE STILL AIRING THAT SHIT?!” one unnamed reporter asked the Daily Beast.

“Mostly we’re keeping our heads down,” another said, according to the report. “I mean, have you seen some of the stuff we put on air?”

Hannity declined to comment to the Daily Beast, but had a tweet ready nevertheless.

In a statement Tuesday to CNN, Bauman said that Rich’s family was grateful for Fox’s retraction of the story.

“The family would like to thank Fox News for their retraction on a story that has caused deep pain and anguish to the family and has done harm to Seth Rich’s legacy,” he said.

Bauman declined to comment about Hannity’s ongoing promotion of the story.

Fox News did not immediately respond to TPM’s questions about whether it plans to speak to Hannity in light of the retraction.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/f ... an-hannity
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Tue May 23, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue May 23, 2017 6:10 pm

What is there to "address"? Precisely nothing. There is no there there. It is just another giant stinking shitpie from your vile, boring and corrupt US media, endeavouring to waste the world's time with your explicit approval and support.

So stay out of the thread, as you promised. You have as as little to contribute to it as the other American dream does. All either of you can do is regurgitate second-hand vomit from corporate hacks and demand responses to it. No.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm

I'll do as I see fit...it is your vile I am addressing

Fox News and WND is where your getting this shit from..it disgust me as it disgust Seth parents and I have every right to say that..in my opinion this is right wing trump supporters bullshit
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue May 23, 2017 6:21 pm

seemslikeadream » Tue May 23, 2017 5:11 pm wrote:I'll do as I see fit...it is your vile I am addressing

Fox News and WND is where your getting this shit from..it disgust me as it disgust Seth parents and I have every right to say that..in my opinion this is right wing trump supporters bullshit

This is barely English anymore. Stop inflicting it on this Discussion Board, and stop throwing this thread off-topic.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Seth Rich's brother pleads with Hannity to stop spreading conspiracy theory
by Oliver Darcy @CNNMoney
May 23, 2017: 4:31 PM ET

The brother of slain Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich wrote a letter on Tuesday to the executive producer of Sean Hannity's Fox News show pleading with him to find "decency and kindness" in his heart and stop spreading an unproven conspiracy theory about the unsolved murder.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/23/media/s ... -fox-news/

Opinions
We’re Seth Rich’s parents. Stop politicizing our son’s murder.

Seth Rich. (Democratic National Committee)
By Mary Rich and Joel Rich May 23 at 6:04 PM
The writers are the parents of Seth Rich, who was killed in the District in 2016.

Imagine living in a nightmare that you can never wake up from. Imagine having to face every single day knowing that your son was murdered. Imagine you had no answers — that no one has been brought to justice and there were few clues leading to the killer or killers. Imagine that every single day, with every phone call you hope that it’s the police, calling to tell you that there has been a break in the case.

Imagine that instead, every call that comes in is a reporter asking what you think of a series of lies or conspiracies about the death. That nightmare is what our family goes through every day.

Our beloved son Seth Rich was gunned down in the early hours of July 10, 2016, in his Washington, D.C., neighborhood of Bloomingdale. On the day he was murdered, Seth was excited about a new job he had been offered on Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Seth Rich came to D.C. to pursue a career in politics and last worked at the Democratic National Committee. Rich was shot dead on July 10, 2016. Here is what's known about the murder. (Claritza Jimenez/The Washington Post)
Seth had dedicated his life to public service, and he told us that he wanted to work on the campaign’s effort to expand voter participation because he loved our country dearly and believed deeply in the promise of democratic engagement. Seth had been walking around, calling friends, family and his girlfriend, pondering the broader picture of what the job change would mean. He wondered how he would pick up and move to New York City for four months, the strain that might put on his relationships, and how it would all affect the life he had built for himself in Washington.

The circumstances of what happened next are still unclear. We know that Seth was abruptly confronted on the street, that he had been on the phone and quickly ended the call. We also know that there were signs of a struggle, including a watchband torn when the assailants attempted to rip it off his wrist. Law-enforcement officials told us that Seth’s murder looked like a botched robbery attempt in which the assailants — after shooting our son — panicked, immediately ran and abandoned Seth’s personal belongings. We have seen no evidence, by any person at any time, that Seth’s murder had any connection to his job at the Democratic National Committee or his life in politics. Anyone who claims to have such evidence is either concealing it from us or lying.

Still, conservative news outlets and commentators continue, day after painful day, to peddle discredited conspiracy theories that Seth was killed after having provided WikiLeaks with emails from the DNC. Those theories, which some reporters have since retracted, are baseless, and they are unspeakably cruel.

We know that Seth’s personal email and his personal computer were both inspected by detectives early in the investigation and that the inspection revealed no evidence of any communications with anyone at WikiLeaks or anyone associated with WikiLeaks. Nor did that inspection reveal any evidence that Seth had leaked DNC emails to WikiLeaks or to anyone else. Indeed, those who have suggested that Seth’s role as a data analyst at the DNC gave him access to a wide trove of emails are simply incorrect — Seth’s job was to develop analytical models to encourage voters to turn out to vote. He didn’t have access to DNC emails, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee emails, John Podesta’s emails or Hillary Clinton’s emails. That simply wasn’t his job.

Despite these facts, our family’s nightmare persists. Seth’s death has been turned into a political football. Every day we wake up to new headlines, new lies, new factual errors, new people approaching us to take advantage of us and Seth’s legacy. It just won’t stop. The amount of pain and anguish this has caused us is unbearable. With every conspiratorial flare-up, we are forced to relive Seth’s murder and a small piece of us dies as more of Seth’s memory is torn away from us.

To those who sincerely want to get to the bottom of Seth’s murder, we don’t hold this against you. We don’t think you are monsters, and we don’t think you are terrible people. We know that so many people out there really do care, don’t know what to think and are angry at the lack of answers.

We also know that many people are angry at our government and want to see justice done in some way, somehow. We are asking you to please consider our feelings and words. There are people who are using our beloved Seth’s memory and legacy for their own political goals, and they are using your outrage to perpetuate our nightmare. We ask those purveying falsehoods to give us peace, and to give law enforcement the time and space to do the investigation they need to solve our son’s murder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... f7a69ee1f0
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby norton ash » Tue May 23, 2017 7:28 pm

It's not just Russia... it's ISIS, Indonesia and Investors! I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony...

https://theintercept.com/2017/04/18/tru ... president/

ASSOCIATES OF DONALD TRUMP in Indonesia have joined army officers and a vigilante street movement linked to ISIS in a campaign that ultimately aims to oust the country’s president. According to Indonesian military and intelligence officials and senior figures involved in what they call “the coup,” the move against President Joko Widodo (known more commonly as Jokowi), a popular elected civilian, is being impelled from behind the scenes by active and retired generals.

Prominent supporters of the coup movement include Fadli Zon, vice speaker of the Indonesian House of Representatives and Donald Trump’s main political booster in the country; and Hary Tanoe, Trump’s primary Indonesian business partner, who is building two Trump resorts, one in Bali and one outside Jakarta.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Elvis » Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Goddammit, this is the "Who Was Seth Rich" thread, not the goddam Trump thread, not the goddam Iran thread or Azerbaijan thread, not the bleeping Fox News thread, nor is it the place for dumping long, unrelated, thread-disrupting articles or plying emotional extortion on others who may disagree about the unsolved murder of Seth Rich. So for the love of Allah please let's stay on topic.

If anyone thinks the topic is inappropriate, please tell the moderator.

(Wombaticus, would you consent to change the thread title to "Who Killed Seth Rich?" since that's the real question?)

In my opinion, it looks more and more like Seth Rich was assassinated. Inquiry should be encouraged, not suppressed.

Stefano, thanks for useful comments. I agree, if it's shown that Seth Rich was indeed the DNC email leaker, that would in no way let Team Trump or "the Russians" off the hook for their crimes (all unrelated to Seth Rich anyway).

I think justice is due. If Seth Rich did leak the DNC emails and was killed for it, then he's a hero and he died a hero's death.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 23, 2017 8:28 pm

I apologize and will not post in this thread again
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby elfismiles » Wed May 24, 2017 9:25 am

The Excluded Middle / Both-And ...

It could have been politically motivated murder AND be a post-mortem psyop manipulation. Sheesh!

Yes, its always gonna hurt the family to see media attention on their deceased.

Simple questions should get simple answers:

- Camera footage: bar, neighborhood, cop bodycams - where is it and why not
- Laptop data: where is it and why not
- Anonymous claims from hospital staffer(s): where are they and why not
- The online data trail: Reddit, KimDotCom, Pandas, oh my!

Is it all just post random murder spin? Maybe. Maybe not.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Mulligan » Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm

The details on Rich's murder seem pretty murky, for sure. What evidence do we have outside of sideways Assange statements and Kim Dotcom that he was the DNC leaker?

Were someone to want to use an unsolved murder for political ends, wouldn't they look a lot like this?

Ed Butowsky, the Dallas wealth manager and frequent Fox News guest who facilitated a private investigation into the murder of Seth Rich, is friends with and serves on the board of an organization started by White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon.

"I consider him a friend and a very nice man," Butowsky told BuzzFeed News of Bannon.

According to his website, Butowsky "serves as a Board Member for Reclaim New York, a non-partisan, non-profit think tank dedicated to advancing a grassroots conversation about the future of New York." Per tax filings, Bannon is Reclaim's vice chairman. (The group's secretary and treasurer are Jennifer and Rebekah Mercer, the powerful daughters of right-wing moneyman and Trump champion Robert Mercer.)

In addition to Reclaim, Butowsky and Bannon know each other through Breitbart News, of which Bannon was executive chairman and to which Butowsky has contributed articles. In 2015, Bannon interviewed Butowsky for a Breitbart radio program.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstei ... .ojaLqna25

Seems like bad actors all the way down.
Mulligan

Postby Heaven Swan » Wed May 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks Mullligan.

With such a breakneck pace of developments it's hard to keep up, so I truly appreciate the research posters on this site are doing and sharing.

Mulligan » Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm wrote:The details on Rich's murder seem pretty murky, for sure. What evidence do we have outside of sideways Assange statements and Kim Dotcom that he was the DNC leaker?

Were someone to want to use an unsolved murder for political ends, wouldn't they look a lot like this?

Ed Butowsky, the Dallas wealth manager and frequent Fox News guest who facilitated a private investigation into the murder of Seth Rich, is friends with and serves on the board of an organization started by White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon.

"I consider him a friend and a very nice man," Butowsky told BuzzFeed News of Bannon.

According to his website, Butowsky "serves as a Board Member for Reclaim New York, a non-partisan, non-profit think tank dedicated to advancing a grassroots conversation about the future of New York." Per tax filings, Bannon is Reclaim's vice chairman. (The group's secretary and treasurer are Jennifer and Rebekah Mercer, the powerful daughters of right-wing moneyman and Trump champion Robert Mercer.)

In addition to Reclaim, Butowsky and Bannon know each other through Breitbart News, of which Bannon was executive chairman and to which Butowsky has contributed articles. In 2015, Bannon interviewed Butowsky for a Breitbart radio program.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstei ... .ojaLqna25

Seems like bad actors all the way down.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion