Moderation, Jeff, Dr Volin, trolls, etc. RI, 2017

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Moderation, Jeff, Dr Volin, trolls, etc. RI, 2017

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Because of the issues raised on this page and those preceding, I'm starting a new thread, because an open and honest discussion of these issues is long overdue, and I don't want to be accused of throwing any other thread off-topic.

Your sincere and unintimidated thoughts are welcome, on this last Advent Sunday. Because Rigorous Intuition was not founded as a safe space for either intimidation or insincerity.

I'll be giving myself a break from this discussion until after Christmas. I wish you all Peace on Earth, and goodnight.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Moderation, Jeff, Dr Volin, trolls, etc. RI, 2017

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:50 pm

MacCruiskeen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:54 pm wrote:
You'll probably say that his response is more ridiculous than sinister, but that's not the point,

The point is: How is any discussion board supposed to function under these circumstances?

Here's a bonus third option: AD's response looked a lot like an adult telling you they don't have time for your shit. Perhaps that's a ridiculously sinister thing for me to say?

MacCruiskeen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:27 pm wrote:^^Well, AD responded, and his response is a beauty:

Are you a spook?

Sent: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:57 pm
by MacCruiskeen
To: American Dream

Wombaticus Rex » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:42 pm wrote:

Have you considered maybe just accusing him directly via PM?

OK, then, as the moderator wishes.

American Dream,

This is a Discussion Board, so:

1. Are you a spook? If not, why do you spam this board incessantly? Why do you never respond to anyone who responds to you? (and no, vacuous and evasive one-liners do not count - especially considering the gigantic volume of stuff you post here, all of it copied-and-pasted from your newsfeed).

2. Has the moderator given you permission to treat every thread on this board as your own private Data Dump? If not, why are you allowed to get away with it?

3. Either retract your repeated second-hand slander of Eva Bartlett and apologise, or else substantiate it. Because that is very shabby behaviour.

4. Exactly how many people do you "have on your ignore list"? There's no need for you to name names, but there's also no reason why you shouldn't honestly state the exact number.

5. Have you ever been suspended fromm this board for spamming it, or for any other reason?

6. Has Wombaticus Rex contacted you at any time over the last year, asking or telling you to stop spamming the board?

Respond to these questions in your own words, please, for the record. (I'll be posting your response to the board, because you refuse to respond to anyone on that board.) In your own words, because otherwise anyone might think you were a spambot, spook-run or otherwise.

With all due respect, (after a decade or more of your spammings and trollings and evasions and refusals to respond).

MacCruiskeen.

Here's American Dream's response, verbatim and uncut:

Re: Are you a spook?

Sent: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:07 pm
To: MacCruiskeen

You are on ignore because it really seems to be the best and only option to me. Please respect that I wish you no ill will but this exception will be the only one.

^^Emphasis added.

I tried, I tried...

Mod(s)?

You're sharing his PM as evidence that he's a spook assigned to destabilize RI -- presumably by triggering your high dudgeon protocols? Damning, how he refused to engage with your list of questions like that. Only professional training could account for such evasions.

I only have one real complaint: the fact I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas to find out what this thread has to do with either "Jeff" or "Dr Violin" ...
Wombaticus Rex

Postby brekin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:04 pm

WR wrote:
I only have one real complaint: the fact I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas to find out what this thread has to do with either "Jeff" or "Dr Violin" ...

I think it's his holiday shopping list.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:09 pm

WombaticusRex wrote:I only have one real complaint: the fact I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas to find out what this thread has to do with either "Jeff" or "Dr Violin" ..

Since you asked:

Moderators: DrVolin, Wombaticus Rex, Jeff

That information has been located prominently at the top of this board for years now, but I'm happy to draw your attention to it. '

'Tis the season to be merry, after all.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Burnt Hill » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:22 pm wrote:Well to use a "Macism", then you are a liar.

FourthBase » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:09 pm wrote:Burnt Hill, you are either extremely lazy and entitled, which is lame, or...worse.

For the record, Burnt Hill was talking to someone else, multiple lines of fire here.

In the continuing spirit of Christmas, for fuck's sake: please stop barking on those within reach when our real anger is with those beyond it. Single sentence response posts are probably worth not posting.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby tron » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:46 am

merry fucking xmas

tron

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:42 am

Some context, from an eightpage thread from nearly two years ago.

Postby American Dream » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Hmmm- most of the dissonant voice on this thread are on my "ignore list"- and I think there are very good reasons for this. After many, many instances of banging my head against the wall till it sorely hurts, I have grown weary. There can be little doubt at this point that this is for the best...

Postby Project Willow » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:09 pm

Take some time off solace.

Locking.

AD, this is indeed a discussion board. Endeavor to find a way to repair relationships and respectfully participate in this community or restrict your postings to the data dump or your own personal blog

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38687&start=120

Emphases added, except that Willow herself italicised the word participate. The problem is not new and I am certainly not alone in being annoyed about it.

------------

But I have asked WombaticusRex by PM to freeze this new thread until January 3rd 2017, because the atmosphere is probably too poisoned and fearful right now for this thread to be useful rather than counterproductive.

Also, and seriously: because we are all going to die, and because this is the season of peace and goodwill to all men and women.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:44 pm

brekin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:17 pm wrote:
Well, if you'd not scrub your dim-witticisms I wouldn't be able to misquote you now would I?
And Jesus, if anything that was an excellent summation from memory.
Now, please stop spamming the thread with your accusations of spamming.

MacCruiskeen » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:22 pm wrote:You're taking advantage of an unmoderated board, brekin. Please stop spamming it. This is serious.

Harvey » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:30 pm wrote:
brekin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:17 am wrote:Shame doesn't get you anywhere. The US, the UK, have done horrible, indefensible things, but I'd take them over Russia any day in history. And really, as primitive as patriotism is, it works. Even a little jingoism is necessary at times. Your conquerors will not to be ashamed of their nationality. Are you going to be apologizing about being a Brit when the other superpowers roll into London?

I wouldn't. You've lost the plot. But then again there is no plot. We make it up as we go along. You haven't learned that lesson yet. You haven't needed to. Good luck with your fantasies.

MacCruiskeen » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:39 pm wrote:
American Dream » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:32 pm wrote:Ad hominem will get you nowhere...

In what way is that distinguishable from what a sp spambot would produce? It fails the Turing Test.

Your posts can have no other purpose than to ruin the board.

See you all in The New Year!

That whole Christmas Spirit experiment -- it just wasn't working.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Nordic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:46 pm wrote:But I know it's like talking to a wall. Any attempts of giving you feedback make you more determined to continue. You are 100% determined to be completely obsessed and miserable and monomaniacal for at least the next four years. Unless your dream comes true and he's ass-ass-inated.

Nordic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:09 pm wrote:Good lord I don't know how AD came off of my Ignore list but he did and I have to say I would rather scroll through ads about "the supplement that is turning men into beasts" than this crap. The ads are smaller and shorter.

It's weird how people who get universally negative feedback continue to subject us to their endless spam. Makes no sense.

AD I don't think anyone here reads your posts. Why do you keep wasting your time?

...and Nordic joins Team 2017.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:39 pm

Mac wrote,
Your sincere and unintimidated thoughts are welcome, on this last Advent Sunday. Because Rigorous Intuition was not founded as a safe space for either intimidation or insincerity.

before writing,
I have asked WombaticusRex by PM to freeze this new thread until January 3rd 2017, because the atmosphere is probably too poisoned and fearful right now for this thread to be useful rather than counterproductive.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:03 am

So, what would each of you like for RI and for yourselves, in 2017?
Personally, I would love to see more Woo. And more OOBEs. And animals.
And online argumentation software. And maybe...
Searcher08

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:43 pm

lunarmoth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:26 pm wrote:I want thirteen-year-olds in my life. Bible King David had one to warm his dying bed. Why shouldn’t we associate with beautiful people? Tight, tight, tight, oh, I want to be trapped in a thirteen-year-old life. I know, I know about war and business. I am aware of shit. Thirteen-year-old electricity is very sweet to suck, and I am (or let me be) tender as a hummingbird. Don’t I have some hummingbird in my soul? Isn’t there something timeless and unutterably light in my lust hovering over a young wet crack in a blur of blond air? Oh come, hardy darlings, there is nothing of King Midas in my touch, I freeze nothing into money. I merely graze your hopeless nipples as they grow away from me into business problems. I change nothing as I float and sip under the first bra.

Bittersweet is the cunt sap of a thirteen year old. O Tongue of the Nation! Why don’t you speak for yourself? Can’t you see what is behind all this teen-age advertising? Is it only money? What does “wooing the teen-age market” really mean? Eh? Look at all the thirteen-year-old legs on the floor spread in front of the tv screen. Is it only to sell them cereals and cosmetics? Madison Avenue is thronged with hummingbirds who want to drink from those little barely haired crevices. Woo them, woo them, suited writers of commercial poems. Dying America wants a thirteen-year-old Abishag to warm its bed. Men who shave want little girls to ravish but sell them high heels instead.

Lyrical creeplust reverie: also a hot ticket in these final days. Team 2017 roster continues to expand.

Update: This turned out to be a Leonard Cohen quote so lunarmoth is off Team 2017. Leonard Cohen, however, is on notice.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Elvis » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:56 pm

Ew, Leonard Cohen wrote that!?

Wombat, I'm pretty sure the other day you deleted a short comment I made in a pizza thread, and if so, I want to thank you for that. I regretted posting it the moment I hit the "Submit" button.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby guruilla » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:21 pm wrote:
Nordic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:46 pm wrote:But I know it's like talking to a wall. Any attempts of giving you feedback make you more determined to continue. You are 100% determined to be completely obsessed and miserable and monomaniacal for at least the next four years. Unless your dream comes true and he's ass-ass-inated.

Nordic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:09 pm wrote:Good lord I don't know how AD came off of my Ignore list but he did and I have to say I would rather scroll through ads about "the supplement that is turning men into beasts" than this crap. The ads are smaller and shorter.

It's weird how people who get universally negative feedback continue to subject us to their endless spam. Makes no sense.

AD I don't think anyone here reads your posts. Why do you keep wasting your time?

...and Nordic joins Team 2017.

Just to be clear (& no I'm not picking a mod-fight), did Nordic really get banned for this?

I'm asking coz I think I've had worse thrown at me without any consequences, and because Nordic does seems to be expressing a general feeling at the board.

This is a fun thread tho; maybe because I'm not on it (yet)?
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Yes, Nordic got suspended until January 1st, 2017 for that.

Which is to say: No, Nordic did not get banned for that.
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion