*president trump is seriously dangerous*

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: *president trump is seriously dangerous*

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:14 pm

US Military occupation of several Mexican states is not off the table, nor should it be. Counter-insurgency deserves to fail everywhere, including our own backyard. Indeed, the current climate of cartel wars is result of a previous failed COIN campaign; that's how we got to Los Zetas.

The State Department resignations is fantastic news. The shockwaves through DC after the hiring freeze announcement was impressive, but after today's State Dept news people are up on the rooftops debating whether to take the elevator or just walk off directly.

What will be interesting is how all the Deep State human resources will diffuse into the private sector. Most of the people resigning from State, for instance, have no real value outside of their position in the State Department. They're strange animals bred for a unique environment, whereas John Murka and his SOF training are a lot more likely to find paying work in the real world. But guys who have spent the past 27 years working for Langley from their cover as a (shitty, lazy) book editor in NYC? They're just surplus equipment without their juice.

One of the many dozens of interesting questions currently wide open: how much of the Deep State will be legible to the Trump administration? He's not exactly showing up with a crack team of experts. His access will depend entirely upon the generosity -- and goals -- of the alphabet soup agencies.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Also: GWOT is 16 years old; that's two two-term administrations. That's a lot of operatives who got fucked and left for dead along the way (RIP Roland Carnaby) so it's worth considering that Trump will have a lot of motivated experts offering their services.

Also worth considering he'd be too proud and obtuse to see the opportunity even when it was sitting in the Oval Office in front of him, though.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Well, it now seems clear to me, Trump's installation. They have chosen the perfect baffoon to hold office and carry the blame for the system's collapse into chaos. 20k+ & growing. Won't be long now...
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:26 pm

And the CEOs office this week at the Voice of America was taken over by two 20-something political operatives from the Trump campaign.

TUESDAY, JAN 24, 2017 08:30 AM CST
Donald Trump sends two aides to Voice of America studios, raising fears he’s going to politicize the outlet
President Trump's recent actions with VOA are raising red flags about his agenda there
MATTHEW ROZSA

Donald Trump sends two aides to Voice of America studios, raising fears he's going to politicize the outlet
President-elect Donald Trump, left, and his wife Melania Trump arrive to the "Make America Great Again Welcome Concert" at the Lincoln Memorial, Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)(Credit: AP)
President Donald Trump “temporarily assigned” two Republican political operatives to the headquarters of Voice of America on Monday, raising concerns that he plans on transforming the network into a site for pro-Trump propaganda.

Matthew Ciepielowski and Matthew Schuck, who worked for the Trump campaign in New Hampshire and Wisconsin respectively, were sent to the studios of the Broadcasting Board of Governors “to ensure an open, transparent and seamless transition of the BBG to the Trump Administration,” according to an email by CEO John F. Lansing published by Politico on Monday. Although Voice of America is subsidized by the American government, it has traditionally remained nonpartisan and instead focused on extolling the virtues of America-style democracy both in this country and throughout the world.

This isn’t the first time that the Trump administration’s plans with Voice of America have caused concern. On Saturday the site raised eyebrows when it sent out a series of tweets (one of which it later deleted) about Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s first White House press conference that seemed to implicitly agree with his dishonest characterization of Trump’s inauguration turnout
http://www.salon.com/2017/01/24/donald- ... he-outlet/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtcS6FxD-fQ

Thankfully, there may be some common sense on the horizon…at least at taxpayer-funded Voice of America. This week, two principled young conservatives—Matthew Ciepielowski and Matthew Schuck—parachuted into VOA headquarters at 330 Independence Avenue in D.C. as part of the Trump transition team overseeing this $800-million operation.
http://townhall.com/columnists/tomtradu ... t-n2276351
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Donald Trump sends two aides to Voice of America studios, raising fears he’s going to politicize the outlet

Which, I feel obligated to explicate, is a horseshit headline by a politicized media outlet discussing a politicized media outlet. Voice of America is custom-built for propaganda. Just because the Georgetown set prefer to pretend their agenda is apolitical, objective and too refined to be critiqued, does not make it so.

The concern is simply that the propaganda system is going to be used by the elected President, who is uncouth.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:43 pm

I know but look at the guys he put in charge of that $800-million propaganda operation.

completely unqualified propagandists :P

but I'm sure they're good at following orders
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:11 pm

new poll trump approval 36%
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby SonicG » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Does VoA actually reach people? I have the image of drab grey Russians gathered around a huge transistor radio to hear the "truth" about their bread lines...It's politicized because they actually questioned the official non-reality of Trumpistan, so they get a visit from the young comm studies graduates...
So the meeting with the Mexican prez is off...TGIF in MAGA-land..Going to be hard to top this week...

ETA
Prez Nieto has like a 12% approval rate....
Ex-prez Fox who was prez of Coca-cola also...

Vicente Fox Quesada
(@VicenteFoxQue)
Sean Spicer, I've said this to @realDonaldTrump and now I'll tell you: Mexico is not going to pay for that fucking wall. #FuckingWall

January 25, 2017
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:32 pm

:P

MeanOlLiberal ‏@MeanOlLiberal 14h14 hours ago

I demand a national registry of all Trump voters so we know who to bill for this #FuckingWall

Nasty Woman ‏@AGirlCalledD 21h21 hours ago

Flint Michigan doesn't have CLEAN DRINKING WATER but we are paying for a Wall. #FuckingWall

Protesters Block Philadelphia's Market Street Outside GOP Retreat

PHOTOS: Philly Got a Head Start on Trump Protests With “Queer Rager”

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2017/01/2 ... RreHbwh.99

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Well said W.Rex. Same shit, just different assholes.

An "uncouth" President's propaganda wing I fear will bring explosive results.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:20 pm

all in all still a good way to get out the news that torture works and Mexico will pay for the wall!
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:39 pm

Funny you say that, slad. I had first written that "the world would finally know how barbarous a nation we are" but balked because it's really only US citizens who remain blind to our wicked ways of manipulation for personal gain throughout the world. By hook or by crook, along with a boatload of evil death-inducing state of the art weapons, because tons of cash might not be enough.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:45 pm

everyone here is so much better with words than I am :) ...I bet the Iraqis are not happy about Trump's decision to take all their oil..I hear they are using his very words to recruit ..passed all around Iraq by the tweeter machine
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:14 pm wrote:how much of the Deep State will be legible to the Trump administration?

Soon as you pose it, it turns into a rhetorical question, does it not? Gave me a good laugh. Some of the deep state obviously is accessible to them, since they're also in it. A lot of it, actually, from perspectives where Prince and Ledeen and whatever contact Trump Org itself has picked up through decades through its mobsters and offshore. (Here some Democrat true believer should rush in to say: also, they've got access to Russian intel, which would likely be superior to whatever they know currently.) But what they know -- and yes, I realize I'm just talking speculatively from what seems logical to me -- is going to be highly compartmentalized, partial, and have little overview. As if anyone had real overview before. One thing is, they will be able to read the line-item budget... as if they can figure out what each item actually does. I expect they'll just add 5-30% to each line.

Re old post here esp. on "Super Users" and what I call the Slide-makers.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28897&start=15#p371809

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:50 pm

Right, but that very sprawl is a huge part of why "The Deep State" is far too convenient a fabrication, innit? I don't see it as a remotely rhetorical question; Stansfield Turner's efforts to reform the CIA come to mind.

Out in the SAP hinterlands, black budget projects can (and do!) abide for decades without surfacing for oxygen and interfacing with the "official" government.

I agree that Prince will have many, many working keys to that kingdom -- far less certain about Ledeen, who is very much old news at this point in his non-career. His network is, at this point, mostly dead people.

However, there are also huge portions of Deep State fauna who view Erik Prince as a traitor to his country. Such internecine squabbles, combined with the sheer scope of opportunities right now to expand budgets, seize new mandates and just plain fuck with competitors, are what keeps this question open, to my mind.
Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion