The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:39 am

There is no comparison to be made to Watergate. Pretty much all circumstances now are different, and the video is evidence of that too. You didn't have dozens of corporate TV flappers, all wildly exaggerating the exact same bullshit in unison 24/7, saying "Nixon is over" when it was obviously not the case. Almost no one said that until it was true. The culture, the society, the political context are all very different. But I guess the key difference is that Nixon's team and party engaged in provable illegal sabotage of the opposing party, election fraud, illegal dark money deals to manipulate elections and policy, various illegal financial deals for personal enrichment, and illegal measures of cover-up and obstruction, and were investigated and prosecuted for it. Trump's team did all of the same things, probably worse, and except for the process crimes of cover-up and obstruction, it does not appear they are being investigated for it! They are being investigated for a separate, unhinged fantasy about an incredibly convoluted and unlikely foreign-power plot modeled on the Truman-era Red Scare and devised by various interests, some of which want a new Cold War, but most of which (the corporate media, Clinton and the DNC) have the obvious motive of disguising their own extreme and self-evident culpability in assisting Trump's rise to power. Unlike Watergate, but a lot like Fitzmas, Mueller's thing is built to fail -- unless he exceeds the #Russiagate charge and goes after actual (American) and not the desired ("Russian") crimes.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:45 am

I recall believing Nixon would be impeached for 2 years ...he was re-elected during that time.... my friends and I felt so alone and were called so many bad names :D

but in the end we were right.....he didn't get impeached but flew off because he was going to be
goes after actual (American)

If charged under Section 951, as DOJ is considering, Erickson could be the first American embroiled in the Russia situation to face an espionage charge

Feds Target Butina’s GOP Boyfriend as Foreign Agent
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41206&start=15

Gates - Guilty

Flynn - Guilty

Cohen - Guilty

Manafort - Guilty

Papadopoulos - Guilty

Samuel Patten - Guilty

Alex Van der Zwaan - Guilty

Richard Pinedo - Guilty

no comparison to Watergate.......much worse.....will take some time

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Rory » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:17 am

seemslikeadream » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 pm wrote:

Watergate drama took longer to unfold — more than two years — than many people may remember.

The complete Watergate timeline (it took longer than you realize)
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/c ... er-realize

Mueller Is Laying Siege to the Trump Presidency

It won’t be a single news event that takes down the president.

Mikhaila Fogel Associate editor of Lawfare Benjamin Wittes Editor in chief of Lawfare and a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution
Dec 4, 2018

“Today is the first day I actually thought Donald Trump might not finish his term in office,” said the legal commentator Jeffrey Toobin on CNN last Thursday.

“This is the beginning of the end for Trump,” declared Neal Katyal, a former acting solicitor general, on MSNBC.

“The deal may be among the biggest news in the nearly 18-month investigation,” wrote Barry Berke, Noah Bookbinder, and Norman Eisen in The New York Times.

It happens this way every time: A big news event in the Trump-Russia investigation takes place, and commentators talk about it as though a house of cards were collapsing or a row of dominoes were falling. Each time, it’s the beginning of the end. Each indictment or plea is the “big one.” And then those expectations are disappointed. The sun rises the next day—in the east, as expected—and it sets in the west, as it did the day before. The Trump presidency endures.

So what will the big one look like, if not some Mueller-lobbed bombshell? When the walls are finally breached, how will we know that it really is the beginning of the end? Here’s a hint: The big one will not be a legal development, an indictment, or a plea. It will be a political development—that moment when the American political system decides not to tolerate the facts available to it any longer. What does that look like? It looks like impeachment. It looks like enough Republicans breaking with the president to seriously jeopardize his chances of renomination or reelection. The legal developments will degrade the walls.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... mp/577264/

That Atlantic article is remarkable. It's like self aware satire - so on the nose a response to the video it's like it's trolling everyone: both pretending the russiagate farce is both serious and real, and implausible slapstick comedy.

Stellar work.
Rory

Postby Rory » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:41 am

seemslikeadream » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 am wrote:how can a farce create so many guilty pleas? I am sure Manafort does not think it is a farce since he is going to jail for the rest of his life...can a farce put someone in jail for the rest of his life? Can a farce make Flynn rat out trump & Co.?

Lol. Very good.

Heres another Atlantic article about this very phenomena

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... nt/534171/

Innocence Is Irrelevant

This is the age of the plea bargain—and millions of Americans are suffering the consequences.
Rory

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pm

What about the JFK investigation? Why isn't that on the table of Radically Different Charges in Vastly Different Contexts That Cannot Be Credibly Compared?

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby The Consul » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Just guessing, but maybe it's okay to blow their brains out as long as it doesn't "damage the office of the presidency."

As long as all acts of violence are conducted secretly in such a way to show how reverently it was done if exposed.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks for that. It's funny, and very revealing. The Attention Economy... I wonder if a single day has gone by since Trump's instalment without his imminent removal being announced by some hack somewhere.

And Jesus, those TV "News" anchors are even worse than they used to be. It's truly Pythonesque now, the posing and mugging and non-stop high-speed high-volume quacking. How can anyone endure it?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Rory » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:07 pm

IMG_20181205_110527.jpg

Dont have a source - hope its fake
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rory

Postby Grizzly » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 pm

^^^ It's NOT fake...

Jim Hogshire worked for several supermarket tabloids, so it's not surprising that his expose of their inner workings shares some of the same deficiencies. These include a willingness to speculate freely about his subject, often constructing chains of circumstantial evidence to substantiate claims such as tabloids hiring CIA agents in order to provide them with plausible cover for their activities around the world. He also asserts that the tabloids are associated with government psychological warfare departments, serving as right-wing propaganda tools.

tabloids, Comics etc etc ...

Rumor that recently passed Stan Lee, was approached by CIA or worked for them... You know, get em, young!
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 pm

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 9.28.04 pm.png

ps. She's talking about Ocasio-Cortez
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Just read a Defense One article from August, ostensibly debunking Seth Rich speculations and Binney's analysis of the DNC hack/leak, posted by elfismiles in another thread, so you'll have to follow the quote link to read that.

elfismiles wrote:
How Russian Hackers Amplified the Seth Rich Conspiracy Until it Reached Donald Trump and the CIA
By Patrick Tucker Technology Editor Read bio

August 2, 2018

A new report claims that Russian hackers altered dates in stolen documents to frame the DNC staffer for the theft.

[...]

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2 ... ia/150263/

Another example of the flexibility of conspiracy accusations.

The idea that Crowdstrike manipulated metadata to insert cyrillic and implicate Russia, which would describe a kind of false-flag operation, is conspiracy theory. brrrrrr! Back away or you will have the stink on you.

The idea that metadata was manipulated by Russians through the dual encryption method described in the Defense One article, so as to "frame" Seth Rich, which would similarly be a false-flag operation, is a straightforward investigative conclusion. (In fact, disbelieving this presumably makes you a conspiracy theorist.)

In a fashion I find typical, the Defense One version is presented in muscular, certain prose, leaving no doubt that the case is closed, right up until this sudden attack of weasel-word ass-coverage at the end:

Cyber security researchers who spoke with Defense One, and who asked not to be named,

Look, it's Sources Say, my favorite author!

verified that the theory was probable. One pointed out that duel compression serves no purpose in terms of efficiency.

Duel compression, is that like when zip and rar have a gunfight?

Also, here, verified is a very fancy way to say, "said." As nothing is verified if it is merely "probable."

And whether it is "efficient" is not the question. None of this says whether the June 6 date is fake or not.

What follows, especially the first sentence worthy of a dozen tort lawyers, followed by classic argument from metaphor, is a real beauty of #Russiagate logic.

It isn’t quite a smoking gun, but it is a highly coincidental series of correlative facts from which any reasonable person could interpret the high likelihood of a causative relationship. There is smoke in the room. There is a gun. There is a person prone to shooting guns with gunpowder on his sleeve.

Very bipolar performance. To summarize:

IS! IS! IS! IS! IS! IS! IS!
(maybe, except maybe, could be interpretable by any reasonable person really).

JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:00 pm

I think this is meta enough to post here:

Who would be the current nominal chief of the "deep state"?

Could it be the fellow who was put in charge of the CIA on Day 1, then promoted to take over the CIA colony, that other head of the foreign-policy hydra, the State Department?

Here we see Trump cozying up to the man who is now probably the most dangerous in his government:

TWITLER.COM
Donald J. Trump on Twitter

“Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0368132096

But Trump is incapable of heaping praise on anyone, if he does not dispense a double measure of trash on someone else.

Wake up the ExxonMobil guy and remind him he's your public enemy. Why not?

What could go wrong? The Constitution says you have all the power. Unitary!

Do it in the same days the markets are playing pendulum, complaining about the China "trade war."

Do it after the bizarre arrest of the Chinese oligarch in Canada, ordered by the U.S. For violating the unilateral sanctions on Iran. Because that is how international law works, see?!

Trump can't help himself. He is summoning the dragons to his door.

I think it's time for another New York Times column by "Anonymous."

JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:13 pm

I guess it really is the liberal media.

Together with the Democrats, they shut up about Russia and talked about health care for about two weeks before the election.

Now it's back, 24/7. With some Comey on Clinton's e-mail.

We have been condemned to live in 2016 forever.

JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:38 am

Of course, never mind his man at the CIA-State crux. If anything is demonstrating Trump's dealmaking with the deep state - the Bush mob itself, in fact - then the out-of-nowhere appointment as AG of Barr, former Bush AG (Nov 91-Jan 93). Talk about relevance!

This post is going to be a kind of convergence of multiple current threads. This seems like the best one to put it in, as the meta central for #Russiagate.

The wiki version on Barr:

On 24 December 1992, nearing the end of his term in office after being defeated by Bill Clinton the previous month, George H. W. Bush pardoned[22] six administration officials, five who had been found guilty on charges relating to the Iran–Contra affair. Barr was consulted extensively regarding the pardons,[23] and especially advocated for the pardon of former Secretary of Defense, Caspar Weinberger, who had not yet come to trial.[24][25]

Such a lenient guy! Barr's otherwise known as a law-and-order hardliner and war-on-drugs extremist who was later appointed to a Virginia commission that planned the abolition of parole! What a combo.

Here's Doug Valentine's assessment:

The ironies are almost as thick as the lies at this point. Barr was always a CIA plant in the DOJ, representing the wishes of the Bush-Lilley faction, with emphasis on covering up the CIA's role in Iran-Contra and its meddling in Chinese affairs. This means two things: 1) the CIA wants Trump exonerated, because, I believe, Trump was laundering Russian-Jewish mob drug money with the CIA’s blessings, and 2) the Bush CIA faction now has a hammerlock on Trump.

That's from Valentine's fb. Also, "Barr will organize the pardons like he did for Bush, much simpler."

Now here's a find I'll leave you to judge. Barr is currently coming from Kirkland & Ellis, Chicago-based law firm, considered one of the top 3 corporate firms in the world, three billion in 2017 revenue.

Check out their clients! Quite the rogue's gallery:

New York office at 601 Lexington Avenue
Notable clients and cases
Represented BP in relation to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill;[15] notably scored a summary judgment ruling in favor of BP that it had no duty to report the Deepwater Horizon oil spill under the U.S. Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act
Represented Volkswagen in relation to the Volkswagen emissions scandal[16]
Represented General Motors in relation to the General Motors ignition switch scandal[17]
Defended Nike, Inc. against trademark infringement claims regarding the Jumpman logo, protecting $2 billion in annual business for the company[17]
Scored a $93.8 million jury award for pharmaceutical giant AbbVie Inc. in a royalty dispute with MedImmune[17]
Represented MedTronic in a billion-dollar patent suit win against Atlas IP, LLC[17]
Scored a $73.6 million trade secrets misappropriation jury award against Caterpillar Inc. in favor of supplier Miller UK Ltd., believed to be the largest verdict of its kind in Illinois[18]
Represented Heinz co-owner 3G Capital in a $55 billion merger with Kraft Foods to create The Kraft-Heinz Company, the third largest food and beverage provider in the U.S.[19]
Represented The Macerich Co. in its successful defense against a $23.2 billion unsolicited offer from Simon Property Group[20]
Represented Baxalta in connection with British biotechnology giant Shire's $30 billion unsolicited takeover bid[21]
Represented Molson Coors Brewing in its $12 billion deal to purchase SABMiller’s stake in their MillerCoors joint venture as part of AB InBev’s takeover of its No. 2 rival[22]
Represented Piedmont Natural Gas in a $4.9 billion sale to Duke Energy[23]
Represented Teva Pharmaceutical Industries in its $40.5 billion acquisition of the generic drug business of Allergan, after representing Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Capital Management and Valeant Pharmaceuticals on their failed $55 billion hostile bid for the entire company.[24]
Represented Jeffrey Epstein in a case of sex-trafficking with minors.[25]
Regularly represents Bain Capital in various controlling interest private equity transactions.

I've bolded selectively. Here are some past attorneys of the firm - it looks like the recruiting grounds for Trump's appointments. One could bold the whole thing! Whole bunch of household names, at least around here.

Notable attorneys and alumni
Brett Kavanaugh - Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
Robert Bork - former Judge of the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and former Solicitor General under President Richard Nixon[26]
Michael J. Garcia - Associate Judge of the New York Court of Appeals
Jeff Wall - Principal Deputy Solicitor General and former acting Solicitor General under President Donald Trump
Paul Clement - former Solicitor General under President George W. Bush
Ken Starr - Whitewater special prosecutor and former Solicitor General under President George H. W. Bush [I DIDN'T KNOW THE LAST PART. JEEZ, NEVERENDING]
Pat Cipollone - incoming White House Counsel under President Donald Trump
Neil Eggleston - former White House Counsel under President Barack Obama
Alex Azar - Secretary of Health and Human Services under President Donald Trump
Alexander Acosta - Secretary of Labor under President Donald Trump
John R. Bolton - National Security Advisor under President Donald Trump[27]
Erica MacDonald - United States Attorney for the District of Minnesota under President Donald Trump
Brian Benczkowski - Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division under President Donald Trump
Beth Ann Williams - Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Policy under President Donald Trump
Steven Engel - Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel under President Donald Trump
Jeffrey A. Rosen - Deputy Secretary of Transportation under President Donald Trump
Steven G. Bradbury - General Counsel of the Department of Transportation under President Donald Trump
Nathan Sales - Coordinator for Counterterrorism under President Donald Trump
Mark Filip - forrmer Judge of the District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and former Deputy Attorney General under President George W. Bush
Viet D. Dinh - Chief Legal Officer at 21st Century Fox[28], former Assistant Attorney General under President George W. Bush and chief architect of the USA PATRIOT Act
Jessica Kiser - Intellectual Property Professor at Gonzaga University School of Law (The Harvard of the West)
Robert S. Khuzami - Deputy United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York[29], former Director of the Division of Enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Commission and former General Counsel of Deutsche Bank
Timothy Muris - former Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission under President George W. Bush
Jay Lefkowitz - former Special Envoy for Human Rights in North Korea and Director of Cabinet Affairs under President George W. Bush
Dallin H. Oaks - member of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Christopher Landau

It appears the Kirkland Ellis circle commands the goods to oust (they won't) and therefore control Trump.

Okay, Acosta! Epstein. You are probably familiar with this:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 97825.html

How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

BY JULIE K. BROWN

NOV. 28, 2018

On a muggy October morning in 2007, Miami’s top federal prosecutor, Alexander Acosta, had a breakfast appointment with a former colleague, Washington, D.C., attorney Jay Lefkowitz.

It was an unusual meeting for the then-38-year-old prosecutor, a rising Republican star who had served in several White House posts before being named U.S. attorney in Miami by President George W. Bush.

Instead of meeting at the prosecutor’s Miami headquarters, the two men — both with professional roots in the prestigious Washington law firm of Kirkland & Ellis — convened at the Marriott in West Palm Beach, about 70 miles away. For Lefkowitz, 44, a U.S. special envoy to North Korea and corporate lawyer, the meeting was critical.

His client, Palm Beach multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein, 54, was accused of assembling a large, cult-like network of underage girls — with the help of young female recruiters — to coerce into having sex acts behind the walls of his opulent waterfront mansion as often as three times a day, the Town of Palm Beach police found.

It's like the Slime Convergence.

JackRiddler

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:44 am

we are all lost.

even the smart people aren't smart enough.

na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye.

game over man, game over.

"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion