The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Postby overcoming hope » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:35 am

Lets do a hypothetical here and say that the end of RussiaGate does not produce any sort of actionable results (in another year or two or whatever). What will the conclusion be? Will this exercise be deemed a failure? Will people be upset? My guess is that all those with Russia fever will deem it a success and say things like, "No it wasn't a waste of time because now we know X."
overcoming hope

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:33 am

Uh trump was notified he was a SUBJECT of a Naional counterintelligence investigation and could be a TARGET at any time. That happened in February.

the president of the US is the subject of a counterintelligence investigation

Erik Prince is linked to both Matt Gaetz & Dana Rohrabacher—a few months ago he hosted a fundraiser for Putin’s favorite Congressman Rohrabacher & Gaetz spoke. Mueller is likely investigating both GOP Reps for conspiring against the US.

Anyone keeping a running total of the number of people Mueller's team has stopped at international airports?
Papadopoulos
Nader
3 Oligarchs
Aussie
Ted Malloch
Who am I missing?

and then there is the corruption and then there is the Stormy Daniels and all he other women ...so many crimes so little time

please pay attention to all those names down there you can not say there has been no actionable results yet....all the names in RED either have been arrested and/or cooperating

for god's sake Manafort alone is facing death and beyond in prison.....300 years!

what do you not understand about 100+ FELONY CHARGES

some crimes being charged are Conspiracy to commit fraud against the United States and lying to the FBI
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:16 am

seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:33 am wrote:Uh trump was notified he was a SUBJECT of a Naional counterintelligence investigation and could be a TARGET at any time. That happened in February.

the president of the US is the subject of a counterintelligence investigation

Anyone keeping a running total of the number of people Mueller's team has stopped at international airports?
Papadopoulos
Nader
3 Oligarchs
Aussie
Ted Malloch
Who am I missing?

and then there is the corruption and then there is the Stormy Daniels and all he other women ...so many crimes so little time

please pay attention to all those names down there you can not say there has been no actionable results yet....all the names in RED either have been arrested and/or cooperating

for god's sake Manafort alone is facing death and beyond in prison.....300 years!

what do you not understand about 100+ FELONY CHARGES

some crimes being charged are Conspiracy to commit fraud against the United States and lying to the FBI

Isn't this a non-sequitur to this thread, though? This is not a "Trump's not guilty" thread. It's a thread about all the other actors, media-ops and the whole landscape which is much great than the sum total of Trump's many misdeeds. Why here instead of say "Trump is seriously dangerous." ?
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:17 am

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:31 am

---
Last edited by liminalOyster on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:35 am

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:39 am

overcoming hope » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:35 pm wrote:Lets do a hypothetical here and say that the end of RussiaGate does not produce any sort of actionable results (in another year or two or whatever). What will the conclusion be? Will this exercise be deemed a failure? Will people be upset? My guess is that all those with Russia fever will deem it a success and say things like, "No it wasn't a waste of time because now we know X."

The US will be at war with Russia by then. A pretext will have been found, a "last straw" to top off all the other lies.John PNAC Bolton is there to ensure that the "major event" Trump anticipated recently will indeed be a catastrophic and catalyzing one. (Maybe Trump will have a Dallas moment and literally go out with a bang? To be blamed, once again, on those evil Russian Commie bastards.)

So the comic operetta that is "Russiagate" will soon be entirely forgotten. No more "ROTFLMAO, Trump's a pansy, he sucks Putin's dick!!!" funnies, no more unpatriotic non-bipartisanshipness. Pence (or Trump or Taylor Swift or whoever) will suddenly be looking, like, totally Presidential and stuff, Congress will become a non-stop standing ovation, liberals (having spent the last two years reviving the McCarthyite 50s) will rally weeping round the flag, Putin will literally grow horns and a tail, "conspiracy theorists" will be punished by summary execution, and the 3.5 persistent warmongers on this board will be able, while dodging MiGs and falling skyscrapers, to look back on a job well done.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:41 am

---
Last edited by liminalOyster on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:16 pm

---
liminalOyster

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:13 pm

MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:39 am wrote:Pence (or Trump or Taylor Swift or whoever) will suddenly be looking, like, totally Presidential and stuff, Congress will become a non-stop standing ovation, liberals (having spent the last two years reviving the McCarthyite 50s) will rally weeping round the flag, Putin will literally grow horns and a tail, "conspiracy theorists" will be punished by summary execution, and the 3.5 persistent warmongers on this board will be able, while dodging MiGs and falling skyscrapers, to look back on a job well done.

3.5 persistent warmongers on this board?! Are you sure it's not 5.35?! I want to see those names on your list, MacCarth *cough* MacCruiskeen!

Serious question, Mac: do you actually believe there are members on this board who want a war between the USA and Russia? I'm not talking about some silly Red Dawn guerilla fantasy, I'm talking about global thermonuclear war, which I think we both see as a logical outcome in a US/Russia hot war. You really think anyone on this board wants that?
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:29 pm

There is at least one actual, knowing, warmonger on this board, someone who never stops propagandising against whoever happens to be the USA's Official Enemy of the day. There is another who is transmitting war propaganda, incessantly and unfiltered and without comment, from the worst of the msm, day in, day out, and thus objectively supporting that warmongering substantially. Then there are another two or three hangers-on who are essentially just partisan spectators, but who also pipe up occasionally and half-ambiguously and usually "ironically", and who thereby do their bit, just as innumerable "apolitical" "ironic" fence-sitting Germans did in the last days of the Weimar Republic. Together that makes approximately 3.5.

I have no doubt, though, that they will all be shocked, shocked, if it ever actually comes to a hot war with Russia. Bombs actually falling on The Homeland is not something any of them really reckon with, ever. They expect it to remain a spectacle, as usual, transmitted live on TV by satellite feed from safely distant lands.

Here's Tom with the weather.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby overcoming hope » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:32 pm

when I say actionable I mean against anyone of consequence that will change the direction of this administration. It feels like Scooter Libby level stuff and I don't remember thinking in 2005, "oh yeah we got em now!"
overcoming hope

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Flynn ...National Security Advisor is not a person of consequence?

Flynn was planning with Russians to build nuclear power plants all around the middle east and have the U.S. military guard them BEFORE trump was president

Paul Manafort was trump's campaign manager...not a person of consequence?

Do you know who picked Mike Pence for VP? Paul Manafort

Rick Gates went to work for and became the campaign's number two not a person of consequence?

Do you know how the FBI takes down mobs?

bottom up
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:07 pm

MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:29 pm wrote:There is at least one actual, knowing, warmonger on this board, someone who never stops propagandising against whoever happens to be the USA's Official Enemy of the day. There is another who is transmitting war propaganda, incessantly and unfiltered and without comment, from the worst of the msm, day in, day out, and thus objectively supporting that warmongering substantially. Then there are another two or three hangers-on who are essentially just partisan spectators, but who also pipe up occasionally and half-ambiguously and usually "ironically", and who thereby do their bit, just as innumerable "apolitical" "ironic" fence-sitting Germans did in the last days of the Weimar Republic. Together that makes approximately 3.5.

I have no doubt, though, that they will all be shocked, shocked, if it ever actually comes to a hot war with Russia. Bombs actually falling on The Homeland is not something any of them really reckon with, ever. They expect it to remain a spectacle, as usual, transmitted live on TV by satellite feed from safely distant lands.

Here's Tom with the weather.

Some of what you say I may agree or disagree with. Just looking at this from a moderating perspective ("Is warmongering against the rules?") I did find these words of wisdom from Jeff:

Jeff » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:38 am wrote:Posts advocating violence, or espousing hatred of a people based upon race, religion, gender or sexuality, are not permitted.

There is no greater advocating of violence than warmongering in my book.

However, Jeff also said:

Jeff » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:38 am wrote:Members can help maintain the health of the board.

Calling anyone here a warmonger is a pretty serious accusation. In my judgement, the best way to help maintain the health of the board is if anyone does post an article that clearly is advocating war and violence against a people or nation, either PM a mod or hit alert. If you want to address the post on the board, try not to leap to judgement of the member posting the article with the label of warmonger. I recommend quoting the offending passage or passages in the article and asking the member, "What do you think of this?" Let them speak for themselves. If they refuse to address it, bring it to my attention.

Nice Hicks reference.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion