These are the Clouds

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: These are the Mustache Clouds

Postby Cordelia » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Above:

Image Thanks for (happy) Mustached Clouds! :wink Image
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: These are the Clouds

Postby dada » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:27 am

Sometimes I feel like I'm kind of invading a sanctuary here, like it's this message board where shell-shocked people come to blow of some steam, and look for kindred souls that suffer the same pangs as they do, whatever they may be.

It didn't always have this atmosphere, not entirely, at least. Although I guess it doesn't entirely now, either. But I get to thinking, and I figure, well, I guess maybe that's all I'm doing here, too.

Not the search for kindred sufferers part, I already know my kindred, we're the ones spanning space and time. The blowing off steam part, though. Just another industrial machine, blowing off steam, just like you. Look the same from outside, dirty cold metal. Only difference is in the weight we all carry. My cargo is pretty lights.

Everyone's blowing off steam looks different, I think. Some are blue little puffs, some are thick black oily. Some do pipe rings, like gandalf.

I open my mouth, and the steam pours out in a clear rush. Like the far off steam release of a train whistle at midnight. Cutting through a bare forest in the dark. Somewhere between halloween and christmas

Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Re: These are the Clouds

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:30 pm

Iamwhomiam

Previous

Return to General Discussion