Rent

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rent

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 pm

^^ 45 seconds more from this highly articulate, fast-talking man, who deserves a huge audience:

Agreed...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:06 am

Grrr... I can't get any to play, dagnabit! And can't find them on YT.

Fucking infuriating, it's so in your face, "We'll be rid of the likes of you and your kind, just you wait and see." A most ancient form of gentrification to eliminate competition and claim property rights over human rights. Possession through aggression.

Edit:

I found and watched a few. He's spot on. Here's another commentary on May's momentary mandaTory visit: http://guerillawire.org/politics/grenfell-tale-of-2-visits-and-a-video-explicit-lyrics-you-wont-want-to-miss/
Iamwhomiam

Postby Grizzly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:17 am

sometimes that happens on my machine, and often if I open a different browser, that alleviates the problem.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby kool maudit » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:50 am

The inflation of property prices and the corresponding rise in rents is a Baby Boomer bubble of the most destructive sort, reflecting the profligacy of the generation.

It has also indirectly crippled the cultural classes as they still operate (although this is diminishing as the internet is now the world's largest city) out of the traditional media- and art-capitals, whose pricing structures now invite contributions from only the bourgeoisie and their pets.
kool maudit

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:44 am

Testimony to Muslim boys aiding victims.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtN1FiMednA

Two men describing inferno-in-the making included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRS3PRyCbY
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 am

http://qfp.quaker.org.uk/chapter/23/

We need to see the problem of homelessness as only one end of a spectrum of evil that has the massive subsidies to owners at the other. It is a problem that will be as difficult and painful to solve as slavery.

Slavery as an evil shared many of the qualities of the present housing situation – it benefited the wealthy, created an underclass and denied them human rights. The solution was painful, for abolition often required that slave owners abandon their investment with no recompense.

To change our attitudes to housing will be no less of a challenge to us than slavery was for the reformers, not only because institutional evil is hard to recognise but also because so many of us benefit personally from the present situation.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 am

Grizzly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:17 am wrote:

sometimes that happens on my machine, and often if I open a different browser, that alleviates the problem.

That first interview with Ismahil Blagrove (1 min 9secs) is now up on YouTube:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3DPVK7wWc

I love the way he doesn't crawl or beg to be loved or simulate "media-friendliness" or try to ingratiate myself in any way, how he retains his ability to think clearly & speak eloquently without in any way concealing his righteous anger and his justified contempt for these "media professionals" (who I think are from the BBC).

- Anyone here living in the UK who saw this on TV? I'd be amazed if it was ever broadcast.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm

During this carefully staged photo-op “meaningful gesture”, The Queen doesn’t even register when someone screams (though she smiles), but she and the others ‘care’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQxbb6dWKXw

Incendiary evil.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Harvey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Respect for this guy keeps growing. Akala on Grenfell:

Akala on Daily Politics before the election:

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Harvey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:30 pm wrote:http://qfp.quaker.org.uk/chapter/23/

We need to see the problem of homelessness as only one end of a spectrum of evil that has the massive subsidies to owners at the other. It is a problem that will be as difficult and painful to solve as slavery.

Slavery as an evil shared many of the qualities of the present housing situation – it benefited the wealthy, created an underclass and denied them human rights. The solution was painful, for abolition often required that slave owners abandon their investment with no recompense.

To change our attitudes to housing will be no less of a challenge to us than slavery was for the reformers, not only because institutional evil is hard to recognise but also because so many of us benefit personally from the present situation.

In the first instance it's as easy as, "are you a rentier or not?" In the second instance, do you expect others to abide by agreements that you yourself in the same circumstances would never countenance? In the third, do you believe that the artificially induced dependency of the general population is the best use of all of our time and resources? The worlds population is an engine idling, there's so much we can do, so much we're capable of. All of that is harnessed to war economies, in particular the United States of America. What we suffer from is a distinct, advanced and abject lack of vision. In a word, greed. Deal with it Wombat. You guys own it.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Harvey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:59 pm wrote:Deal with it Wombat. You guys own it.

Word? I don't even own this computer.

Are you talking about my generation, my nationality, or the Quakers?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:40 pm

You own it, you better never let it go

all Americans have been hit with the ugly stick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ_8t6JAABI
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:58 pm

BBC:

Protestors storm Kensington Town Hall

jesus christ, that BBC reporter with his unforgivably stupid question ("Why do you think people are so angry?"), which he repeats and repeats and repeats like a robot, and his utter refusal to answer her incredulous question to him in return: "No. No. No. Why do YOU think they're angry? You're a reporter. Have you actually watched the news?"

Are these hacks actively trying to provoke a punch or a slap, so that "violence" can become the news?

Protests grow as fire anger increases

Theresa May heckled by angry crowds
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Harvey, you appear foolish when you contradict what you've stated in your very next sentence.

("The worlds population is an engine idling, there's so much we can do, so much we're capable of.) All of that is harnessed to war economies..."

"What we suffer from is a distinct, advanced and abject lack of vision."

It would be impossible to tie all the world's war economies together without a clear vision and the extensive planning necessary to bring about projected expected results. Ask Donald. He'll tell you he's got an awesome plan conceived with 20-20 vision.

Also, "In the third, do you believe that the artificially induced dependency of the general population is the best use of all of our time and resources?"

Say what you mean, which is not this diversion quoted above. You really mean artificially induced (regulation or law) giving (raising a tax) is not the best use of yours or anyone's personal resources to pay for social programs and education.

Think of it like blackmail if you must, to keep the starving homeless from hobbling you or worse, dispossessing you of your hard-earned (possibly inherited) property and wealth you've garnered as a landlord. Or some other corporate capitalist whose found a better way to suck dry the pockets of the perpetually poor.

Grizzly, thanks for the advice. I'll try that next time. Seems that would probably be much quicker to do than searching it out on the web, which can really be frustrating
Iamwhomiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:06 pm

I forgot to say, Fuck Plastics.
Iamwhomiam

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion