RI Subject - Reality Winner

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: RI Subject - Reality Winner

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Pro-Trump Media Figure And Conspiracy Theory Peddler Jack Posobiec

Twitter Made This Right-Wing Commentator’s Tweet A Truly Epic Meme
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:20 pm

:ohno:
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:21 pm

There's never been a terrorist attack at a Nascar race. Nascar fans are all armed. Draw your own conclusions
Jack Posobiec

Meet Jack Posobiec: The "Alt-Right" Troll With A Press Pass In White House

Posobiec Claimed French Presidential Candidate Emmanuel Macron Was Suing Him For Promoting Forged Documents. In a Periscope livestream, Posobiec claimed he was being “sued” by then-French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron for retweeting a link about documents regarding Macron and “tax evasion,” which were sourced on “the deep web.” The documents were widely reported to be forged. [Periscope, 5/4/17; Media Matters, 5/5/17]

New Yorker: Posobiec Promoted “Massive Doc Dump, Then Tweeted Link To 4chan With Hashtag “#MacronLeaks.” The New Yorker’s Andrew Marantz reported on May 7 that Posobiec had “spent much of Friday monitoring /pol/, the 4chan message board.” According to Marantz, Posobiec tweeted a link to on a 4chan post featuring “purportedly hacked e-mails, photographs, and internal documents from the campaign of Emmanuel Macron,” including the hashtag “#MacronLeaks.” [The New Yorker, 5/7/17]

Atlantic Council Tracked Onset Of “#MacronLeaks” Campaign To Posobiec.” The Atlantic Council's Digital Forensic Research Lab reported that it had “tracked the onset” of the #MacronLeaks campaign “to the Twitter account of Jack Posobiec,” adding, “The amplification of this ‘leak’ came a day after Jack Posobiec claimed he was being sued by Emmanuel Macron.” [Medium, 5/5/17]

Lawfare: Available Evidence About Source Of Leaks Prove Some Documents “Are Not Genuine” And “Lean Conspicuously Toward Moscow.” In an analysis of the alleged Macron leaks, Lawfare Institute in cooperation with the Brookings Institution found that “some documents in the Macron cache are not genuine” and contain metadata “showing that they were edited by a user with a Russian name using a Russian version of Microsoft Excel.” Lawfare noted that although those facts do not prove Russian government involvement, “available evidence does lean conspicuously towards Moscow.” From the May 8 article:
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm Jack Posobiec of Rebel Media and Citizens for Trump - AMA!VERIFIED

MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:05 pm wrote:It's official: Reality is a legal fiction.

@JackPosobiec Verified Account

Per Twitter, Reality Winners real name was Sara Winners. Legally changed to Reality.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status ... 4805646337

THE FAR-RIGHT AMERICAN NATIONALIST WHO TWEETED #MACRONLEAKS
By Andrew Marantz May 7, 2017
Jack Posobiec calls himself a journalist who “breaks the fourth wall” to stir things up. His latest: tweeting the hack of the French Presidential candidate’s e-mails.

PHOTOGRAPH BY MICHAEL CRAVOTTA
Jack Posobiec is the bureau chief and sole employee of the Washington, D.C., office of the Rebel, a Canadian media outlet that specializes in far-right video commentary. Last weekend, I met him at a Peet’s Coffee a few blocks from the White House. He told me, “As a journalist, I use all the tools at my disposal”—mostly YouTube, Periscope, and Twitter—“to seek the truth and disseminate the truth. That’s the purpose of journalism, right? At the same time, I also do what I call 4-D journalism, meaning that I’m willing to break the fourth wall. I’m willing to walk into an anti-Trump march and start chanting anti-Clinton stuff—to make something happen, and then cover what happens. So, activism tactics mixed with traditional journalism tactics.”

When he was a student at Temple University, he said, he double-majored in political science and broadcast journalism. He joined the Navy, and was stationed in Asia for five years; when he returned to the United States, he worked as a Trump campaign volunteer before joining the Rebel. “Last week, I called my mom and went, ‘Hey, Ma, look who’s actually using his college degree!’ ” Now, in the final hours of the French Presidential contest between Emmanuel Macron, a centrist who supports the European Union, and Marine Le Pen, a far-right, anti-immigrant nationalist, Posobiec’s “4-D journalism” might have a serious impact.

I reached Posobiec by phone on Saturday. The previous day, he told me, he had flown from Washington to Miami, to attend a party hosted by the far-right self-promoter Milo Yiannopoulos. Posobiec spent much of Friday monitoring /pol/, the 4chan message board, which has recently become a breeding ground for nationalist trolls, both in the U.S. and abroad. “People were claiming something big was coming, so I just kept hitting refresh,” he told me. Shortly before 3 p.m., an anonymous 4chan user posted nine gigabytes of information—purportedly hacked e-mails, photographs, and internal documents from the campaign of Emmanuel Macron. Posobiec could not know whether all the information was authentic—he didn’t even have time to glance through most of the thousands of pages—but he considered it his journalistic duty to let his followers know about the leak. “Massive doc dump at /pol/,” he tweeted. He included a link to the 4chan post, along with a hashtag: #MacronLeaks.

This was retweeted a few hundred times, but then the hashtag seemed to stagnate. “I know my Twitter engagement rate very well, and, to be honest, I thought it was pretty low,” he said. “I figured, Oh, well, it’s a Friday afternoon. Maybe this isn’t going to take off. Besides, nobody knew what was in the documents, so it was possible that people looked at one and went, ‘O.K., this is a budget spreadsheet,’ and got bored.” Posobiec is anti-globalist, and he had long hoped that Le Pen, who wants France to leave the euro and the European Union, would win the election. He sent out a few more tweets with the #MacronLeaks hashtag, then went to the rented mansion where the party, Cinco de Milo, was being held. Yiannopoulos made his grand entrance, descending a curving staircase with a large yellow snake around his neck. Around midnight, Posobiec checked his phone, which had been charging in another room. #MacronLeaks was trending in France, and there was a banner headline about it on the Drudge Report. The Macron campaign issued a statement claiming that the people who hacked his e-mail had mixed authentic documents with fake ones, in order to “sow doubt.”

On his phone, Posobiec started a live video on Periscope, which he called “Press Conference on #MacronLeaks.” The first few minutes consisted of Posobiec and his girlfriend dancing to “Bad and Boujee,” by Migos, while Posobiec occasionally made the “O.K.” hand gesture. “Vive la France,” he said, after a while. “The truth is a powerful thing.”

The French election commission prohibits the publication, within two days before an election, of any information that might distort the election’s results. As Reuters points out, though, the commission “may find it difficult to enforce its rules in an era where people get much of their news online, information flows freely across borders and many users are anonymous.” According to a forensic analysis by the Digital Forensic Research Lab, Posobiec’s Twitter feed was the second most powerful amplifier of the #MacronLeaks hashtag, after Wikileaks, which also tweeted a link to the documents. This analysis also implied that Posobiec—or his confederates, perhaps Russian trolls—had used bots to promote the story artificially. “I wouldn’t know how to use a bot,” Posobiec told me. “I just find interesting things and post them to my Twitter feed. Look, journalists have gotten so bad that if they see someone like me doing real work, actually digging through documents and distributing them to the people, they assume there must be some sort of conspiracy behind it. I hope that, if anything, this can be a learning experience for the New York Times and Le Monde and all the rest of them, to understand how real journalism works.”

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk ... acronleaks

Last year, a sign at an anti-Trump rally that read “Rape Melania” drew widespread condemnation from across the political spectrum.

However, text messages obtained by BuzzFeed reveal that the sign was actually created by Jack Posobiec, a notorious pro-Trump troll who wanted to use the sign to discredit opposition to the president-elect.

In one text message conversation, Posobiec and a collaborator brainstormed messages to chant out during the protest in the hopes that unwitting demonstrators would pick them up.
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/reveale ... rotesters/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:36 pm

TS Eliot wrote:Humankind cannot bear very much reality.

Philip K. Dick wrote:Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Word.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:44 pm

It seemed reasonable to Posobiec that Podesta might have organized a sex ring in cahoots with Brock. But the only part of the scenario that was real was that Podesta had been known to eat pizza at Comet. This part is false: pictures purporting to show that symbols, such as butterflies and spirals, in signs at Comet and other shops were statements about pedophilia.

Posobiec said he was curious and confused. He and a friend decided to go have some pizza. They walked into Comet eight days after the election, sat down and ordered. Posobiec got the garlic knots. His friend got a beer. But they were not just hanging out. Posobiec was using his phone to broadcast his evening at Comet on Periscope, an app that allows users to stream video live.

“Part of the experience of living in 2016 is live, on-the-scene broadcasts,” he said. “People have lost faith with government and the mainstream media being any real authority. After the Iraq War, after Benghazi, people are searching for other sources of information. If I can do something with Periscope and show what I’m seeing with my own two eyes, that’s helpful.”

Posobiec said he never made any disturbance inside Comet, but the restaurant’s managers saw him take his camera into a back room where a child’s birthday party was underway. It did not seem appropriate for a child’s party to be broadcast on a stranger’s Periscope feed. The manager asked two D.C. police officers who happened to be across the street to assist.

Posobiec and his friend “were gently refused service and asked to leave,” said a person familiar with the restaurant’s decision.

Posobiec offered to pay for what he had ordered. The manager said it was on the house.

Posobiec said he was not there to make a scene. “I didn’t have any preconceived notions,” he said. “I wasn’t sure. I thought I could just show it was a regular pizza place.”

That evening, after Posobiec was ushered out of Comet, Pettibone tweeted: “You’re my hero for doing this, Jack. Never let go.”

On Twitter, the hashtag #pizzagate peaked in the hours after Posobiec’s video appeared.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pi ... f4743fbf59
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Brilliant. You're trolling your own thread. Carry on.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:48 pm

you're not going to bring that idiot pizzagate asshole into my thread without a response .....biggley

The tweet linked to a post from the account of Jack Posobiec, who says he is the special projects director of a group called Citizens4Trump.

He described the incident on Twitter as a "false flag."

“Planted Comet Pizza Gunman will be used to push for censorship of independent news sources that are not corporate owned,”
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/30 ... pizza-shop

be careful I might decide to use my magic bump powers

Posobiec should stay in the Rich thread where he belongs

at least I am able to say that here in my own thread

people that live in glass links shouldn't throw stones
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:11 pm

norton ash » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:56 am wrote:This is getting ridiculous. The story may be be legit and valuable, but it all just presents as clumsy dystopian comedy. Hard to believe a real person (with that name...) is leaking real evidence and really going to jail.

EDITED to add: I'm getting burned-out on the USA.

Beats being burned out by the USA.

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. "

Ron Suskind, 2004

I blame Trump.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Back to Reality:

Does Reality exist? I agree with norton and PufPuf that there's something decidedly unreal about Reality.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:15 pm

maybe you should start a thread on who made up Reality..Inspector

and then you can use all the right wing links you'd like

maybe you could ask her mother and father

Worried Mom of Accused NSA Leaker: She’s a Good Girl
TUE, JUN 06

Billie Winner-Davis, the mother of accused NSA leaker Reality Winner, says her daughter is a “good girl” who “served her country” in the Air Force and does “whatever she can to make the world better."
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/reality-wi ... 1471043510
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby norton ash » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:20 pm

This shit-blizzard reality is really sumpin else.

Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm wrote:
Luther Blissett » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:12 pm wrote:Is there any chance it could have been a mistake / ignorance of the yellow dots on the publisher's part? It really seems like a stretch even though I want to give the Intercept the benefit of the doubt.

A bit of a sticky wicket for Team Omidyar -- simple Aw, Shucks ignorance is their best frame, but then that would rather negate their whole sales pitch & aesthetic as the cutting edge of NatSec/Tech reporting with an all-star team of experts.

The bit about printers having defined IDs for forensic purposes, however, has been a known known for like a decade at least.

I agree. I'm having a bit of an internal dialogue about this. It's not like I ever exalted the Intercept as a perfect paragon of leftist thought, but now I am re-examining Sibel Edmonds take after forgetting it for awhile.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion