Postby KUAN » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmGm_VVklvo

This speaks to the mind body dichotomy; discuss
KUAN

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Lost My Mind, Body

Postby semper occultus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:04 am

certainly a great plot for a horror film

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/man-undergoing-head-transplant-could-experience-something-a-lot-worse-than-death-says-neurological-10164423.html

A Werdnig-Hoffmann disease sufferer with rapidly declining health, Spiridonov is willing to take a punt on this very experimental surgery and you can't really blame him, but while he is prepared for the possibility that the body will reject his head and he will die, his fate could be considerably worse than death.

"I would not wish this on anyone," said Dr Hunt Batjer, president elect of the American Association for Neurological Surgeons.

"I would not allow anyone to do it to me as there are a lot of things worse than death."

The problem is, fusing a head with a separate body (including spinal cord, jugular vein etc) could result in a hitherto never experienced level and quality of insanity.

Arthur Caplan, director of medical ethics at New York University’s Langone Medical Centre, who described Dr Canavero as "nuts", believes that the bodies of head transplant patients "would end up being overwhelmed with different pathways and chemistry than they are used to and they’d go crazy."
semper occultus

Postby chump » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:39 am

chump

Postby semper occultus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 pm

semper occultus

Return to General Discussion