As Anti-Trump / Anti-Russia Campaign Fails ...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

As Anti-Trump / Anti-Russia Campaign Fails ...

Postby conniption » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:53 am

MoA

July 16, 2017

As Anti-Trump / Anti-Russia Campaign Fails - Yascha Mounk Feeds New Lies

(embedded links)

The U.S. borg is vehemently trying to set up Russia as an enemy of the "west". Their anti-Russian propaganda has become part of the campaign against U.S. President Trump who seeks détente with Russia. It requires intense efforts to denigrate the country, its citizens and its leaders. Here is an example of how such propaganda is fabricated.

Yascha Mounk is:

a Lecturer on Political Theory at Harvard University's Government Department, a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Transatlantic Academy of the German Marshall Fund, and a Nonresident Fellow at New America's Political Reform Program.

He is a self declared liberal internationalist who has been published and quoted by lots of international media.

Yesterday Mounk tweeted this:

bigger

The Mounk tweet is a series of lies:

Need a reminder of the human cost of dictatorship? All these are journalists who criticized Putin--and died under mysterious circumstances

The President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin is dully elected and not a dictator. The Russian Federation may not be a "liberal democracy", but it is a democracy. The picture is old. It shows all Russian journalists who died during their work since 1991. Most of them died as war- or crime-correspondents and were not involved in politics at all. The death of most of those journalists is not mysterious. Getting blown up by artillery during the wars in Chechnya, Yugoslavia or Ukraine is no mystery at all. Most of these journalists never criticize Putin. They were already dead before Putin had any significant political role.

The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) lists 82 killed Russian journalists since 1992, most of them died due to war or related to civil crimes or corruption. There are about 80 portraits of journalists in the picture Mounk tweeted.

Two recognizable portraits and names therein are of Vlad Listyev, a TV entertainment producer killed in 1995 over some controversy about lucrative advertisement on public TV. Another portrait is of Dmitry Kholodov, killed in 1994 while investigating mafia connections within the Russian military. At the time of their death Putin was a minor bureaucrat in Saint Petersburg. He did not gain power until he became acting president at the end of 1999.

According to the CPJ numbers more Russian journalists were killed during the eight years of Yeltsin's presidency (1992-2000) than in the 17 years of Putin's presidencies since. Mounk claims "All these are journalists who criticized Putin ..." when more than half of them were already dead before Putin became known and to power. It was during the time of the "Harvard boys" who robbed Russia blind that most of these journalist were killed. The Russian system, thanks to the Harvard driven "reforms" and criminal privatization under Yeltsin, is a rough terrain for investigating oligarchs and mafia businesses. But there is no evidence, none at all, that Putin was ever involved in the decease of any journalist.

The first original publishing of the Mounk picture may have been as early as 2009. A piece on journalists remembrance in Russia from 2014 already includes the pic. The reverse image search shows that the picture has been has been used by several news-outlets since.

Every aspect of the Mounk tweet is a lie.

But Mounk's lies have by now been re-tweeted over 22,000 times. Many of those who see it will believe the claims he makes. They will trust a widely publish Harvard academic. But the tweet, as well as nearly all other claims about Russia one sees in "western" media, is pure propaganda. It is like the editorial in today's New York Times that claims "Russia’s oil-dependent economy [is] in trouble" while all Russian economic numbers turned positive and all indicators point to accelerating growth. It is fake news.

The anti-Russian propaganda campaign is now part of the "liberal" campaign against U.S. president Trump. It is failing. Trump's support is steady if not increasing despite daily new revelation about his (non existent) "collusion with Russia" and the (non existing) "Russian interference" in the U.S. election.

The purveyors of the propaganda stories are in despair. Each and every new fire they try to stoke dies off within a day or two. The temptation then is to invent and push ever bigger lies about Trump, Russia and their non-existing connections.

The fake news Mounk spits out, and which disqualify him as an academic, is a sign of their accelerating panic.

Posted by b on July 16, 2017

comments
conniption

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: As Anti-Trump / Anti-Russia Campaign Fails ...

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:49 am

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby The Consul » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:30 pm

I understand why some people disregard Trumpgate as a distraction. While all eyes are on it, not enough attention is being given to the massive rip off and systematic destruction of what is left of American democracy. It also provides less scrutiny on recent criminal activity pre Trump. Perhaps the luckiest event for HRC was that she lost. I also understand the fear that the toppling of Trump would be seen as a victory for US intelligence both foreign & domestic and would insulate them for a generation when they really fucking need to be put under the bright make those cockroaches scatter lights.

Still

Unless you think the whole Magnitsky Act and everything associated with it is a load of bullshit, then, it should be reasonable to question why so many Trump people (and there are a lot of them) have ties to Putin's oligarchs. Unless you think everything we have heard in the west about Putin is ridiculous propaganda and that he is a legitimate statesman, then it should be reasonable to question why this new "populist" leader Trump says it's an honor to meet a man who has murdered his opposition and members of the press.

I try to keep an open mind. I don't think much happens on cable vision/NYT/WaPo that hasn't been cooked up in a petri dish somewhere near Langley before the ideas are germinated in the American Brain. (BTW CIA phone number is (703) 482-0623 if you have questions about what they've injected into your fissures). Still, in my humble opinion, Trump was not supposed to get elected. Somebody fucked up, bad. Which then, you could say, so who fucking cares? Unless you are a Trump supporter, which, well, really come on man, the only argument in his favor that makes any sense is if you have suspended your own sense of disbelief so far that you accept him as "The Imperfect Messenger" like 85% of evangelicals do. Which even with my open mind I say loud and clearly is totally nucking futs.

The sickening thing is it is ALL about Trump. Everything. Almost every lead news story begins with "Today Donald Trump...." I'm sick of it. I'm sick of him. I'm sick of the looney birds who follow him and the people who gargle impeach impeach in public. The thought of 7 more years of this charade is nauseating. It is only going to get worse. And if something blows up the fuse won't be lit by the Resistance.

Obama was a perfect distraction to cover for the opening of the gates of hell (Iraq/Afghanistan, etc., etc., etc.) the finanacial meltdown. But his germination set the stage for the new distraction (open racism, Birchers coming out of the woods, snorting crystal) and widespread anti-intellectual pathos. Stupid's in. More than ever, baby.

Trumps rise and Trump's fall (which if you are paying any attention at all is guaranteed) is like a huge fireworks show that everyone looks up at and goes "Gawd daym, Martha, looky that!" while the shadows of the night move through the bastions and crannies of what we used to take for granted and steal them away. We wake up the next day and there is nothing about it on the news. Just stories about golden toilets, a woman who had an orgasm that lasted three years, and a puppy that speaks Italian. Who knows, maybe people won't be any more miserable than they are now.

But there will still be plenty to say about Trump who maybe moves on to a new NBC show Celebrity Dictator. Or maybe he chokes to death on big mac. We will be cursed with hearing his name constantly for years to come. It's like "The Producers" only its about an election not a play.

Time is running out. It might already be too late. But to my mind, it is inconceivable that Trump continue much further (though I know he will).

The bulldozers are warming. The pits have all been dug. It's just a matter of time.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 pm

"Anti-Trump" and "Anti-Russia" are two completely different, unrelated things that have been combined into a clusterfuck. "Anti-Russia" has several functions but it first of all serves as the distraction from "Anti-Trump," in fact. And this is ludicrous: "who seeks détente with" _______ anything. Because WAR has been and remains the message of this New York-New Jersey commonplace gangster beast, from the beginning of its comic-bloody ascent.
Last edited by JackRiddler on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Rory » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 pm

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/ ... 3362217984

SmartSelectImage_2017-07-17-14-42-44.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rory

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:49 pm

I may have been wrong about Pussy Riot. They show more substance than I expected.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby brekin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm

What is it with this Patreon bullshit now?
I need to buy some guy some groceries now so he can share his deep thoughts?
This planet is going to hell, but every step down has been monetized behind a pay wall so you gotta buy a stairway to heaven on a payment plan?
I remember when people use to give away the doom for free in the streets!

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SonicG » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Detente...Clinton kills opponents....Putin doesn't kill any journalists...Democracy...Liberal democracy...China??
Don Judd
July 13 at 9:58am · Sierra Vista, AZ, United States ·
This is the Boneyard in Tucson, AZ. It's a real place filled with over 6 trillion dollars worth of planes, over 90% of which have never left the ground in military service. The most expensive plane in this photo cost taxpayers sixteen billion dollars, and was never used by our military.

The new F-35 fighter will cost taxpayers more than 95 million dollars each, with a standing order for over 2,000 of these planes, an estimated 1.1 trillion dollars initial order.

Now, remember this photo and these numbers the next time they tell you we can't afford single payer healthcare for everyone. Remember this photo when they tell you that we can't provide affordable state financed education because it's too expensive.

In 10 years, there will be a boneyard just like this filled with 95 million dollar airplanes that never flew in combat, You will be 10 years older, your medical needs will be more advanced, and the costs will skyrocket... but we will have an airplane graveyard full of planes we never needed instead of medication and education.

Detente was, is, and shall be for the foreseeable future a nuclear detente...No one wants full-on WW3...just more weapons to kill poor mooslims (and thus cause more "terrorism")...If Trump really wants some sort of detente, why is he being so coy? Why not come out with it as an official policy, start talking nuke reduction, etc.?
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby SonicG » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 pm

The Great Detenter...the Mango Mussolini...

“If he says great things about me, I'm going to say great things about him. I've already said, he is really very much of a leader. I mean, you can say, 'Oh, isn't that a terrible thing' -- the man has very strong control over a country,” Trump said. “Now, it's a very different system, and I don't happen to like the system. But certainly, in that system, he's been a leader, far more than our president has been a leader.”
http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017 ... -timeline/
SonicG

Postby tapitsbo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Accounting for just who Trump and Putin's mutual friends are takes us deep into uncomfortable territory that neither "Russian propaganda" nor the Western mainstream is fond of touching.
tapitsbo

Postby Nordic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:28 am

Unless you think the whole Magnitsky Act and everything associated with it is a load of bullshit

It is a load of bullshit.

. Unless you think everything we have heard in the west about Putin is ridiculous propaganda and that he is a legitimate statesman ...

Again, yes, everything we have heard in the west is ridiculous propaganda.

Yea, he is a legitimate statesman.

These aren't "beliefs", they are facts.

The big question everyone should be asking, especially people as smart and talented as The Consul, and others here, is why would you believe other than the facts?

Looking back on these days, it is going to be very fascinating, and embarrassing as hell for most, to contemplate how, and why, the greatest mass hysteria to ever overcome the American people occurred. Because that is the biggest and most disturbing aspect of this entire story. Even 9/11 didn't hypnotize everyone and turn them into non-thinking lemmings quite to this extent. And hell, that was legitimately traumatizing, what with passenger planes crashing into buildings in broad daylights and thousands sacrificed in a diabolically brilliant mind-fuck.

What the excuse this time? There is none. It's SO FUCKING WEIRD.

Hopefully sooner than later people will snap out of it. But then most will not want to admit they were so easily manipulated. That is, if we haven't cheered our way into a nuke war with Russia and gotten ourselves turned to radioactive dust.

And I'm sure it goes without saying that this is why I can't participate here. People who should never have fallen for this hysteria and propaganda have fallen for it.

And it's weird.

And disappointing.

Bye.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:37 am

Trump and Putin's mutual friends

Russian oligarchs /mobsters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eO8ZHfV4fk

Yuri Chaika’s last name in Russian — “chaika” — translates to “seagull” and that’s why there are so many birds in this video. This unlucky bird became a symbol of corruption and murder

New Pussy Riot video slams corruption-accused chief prosecutor
Russian punk band Pussy Riot, which became a symbol of resistance for a church performance slamming President Vladimir Putin, released a new protest song Wednesday mocking a senior official for alleged corruption.

Nadezhda Tolokonnikova (L) and Maria Alekhina, members of the Russian punk rock band Pussy Riot, pose for photographs in East London on November 14, 2014 | © AFP/File | Andrew Cowie
by Gabrielle Tétrault-Farber
Moscow (AFP) | 3 February 2016 18:25

Titled “Chaika”, the satirical song and accompanying video take aim at prosecutor general Yury Chaika, whose two sons have been accused of using their father’s position to accrue large fortunes.

Dressed in a navy skirt and jacket with epaulettes recalling Chaika’s uniform, surrounded by six backing singers in similar garb, Pussy Riot frontwoman Nadezhda Tolokonnikova accuses Chaika of the crimes he is supposed to prosecute.

“I myself am in charge of the fight with corruption — or to be precise, I’m in charge of corruption,” she sings.

The video, which comes with English subtitles, premiered on the US website BuzzFeed. It can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakUHHUSdf8

It opens with one of the band members gorging on a cooked turkey that she tears apart with her bare hands — an apparent symbol of official greed. It also features mock torture scenes.

Last year, Chaika’s sons were the subject of a detailed investigation by opposition politician Alexei Navalny’s anti-corruption foundation.

The foundation accused Artyom Chaika of involvement in the illegal seizure of a shipping firm and said his younger brother Igor won government contracts in shady circumstances.

The claims garnered huge public interest, with a video released by Navalny about the investigation being viewed more than 4.5 million times on YouTube.

Earlier this month, Russian authorities forwarded a request from an opposition lawmaker to investigate some of the claims — to Chaika’s own office.

– ‘Be true to Putin’ –
A new satirical song from the Russian punk band Pussy Riot takes aim at prosecutor general Yury Chaika, pictured here on August 27, 2007

Chaika himself has rubbished the allegations, which he said were an attempt by the US secret services to tarnish Moscow’s credibility.

Mocking his rebuttal Pussy Riot choruses: “I’m Russian, I’m a patriot.”

The song also explicitly links Chaika’s position to his loyalty to Putin.

“If you want to take care of your earthly goods, son, then be true to Putin to the end,” it says.

In 2012, Tolokonnikova was sentenced to two years in a prison camp, together with fellow band member Maria Alyokhina, for performing an anti-Putin anthem on the altar of a Moscow church. The pair received amnesty in December 2013, three months before their scheduled release.

In the new video Pussy Riot accuses Russian prosecutors of torturing and even killing detainees.

The video depicts prisoners, with sacks over their heads, being waterboarded — a form of torture that simulates drowning.

“We interrogate who we want, we get the job done. We drop a brick at the right moment, we feed them to the fishes. If you’re not wanted, we’ll bury you,” Pussy Riot sings.
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/showb ... utor-video

The luxury hotel, the family of the top Moscow prosecutor and Russia’s most notorious gang
Video by anti-corruption campaigner Alexei Navalny links family of general prosecutor Yuri Chaika with wife of mobster behind notorious massacre
Russian President Vladimir Putin shakes hands with general prosecutor Yuri Chaika.

Shaun Walker in Moscow
Saturday 12 December 2015 19.05 EST Last modified on Wednesday 12 April 2017 10.11 EDT
What could possibly link an ultra-luxury spa hotel on the Aegean Sea in Greece, the most violent criminal gang in Russia’s living memory, and a web of prosecutors in the country, leading right up to the family of the general prosecutor?

According to the latest investigation by Russia’s anti-corruption campaigner, Alexei Navalny, and his team, the sons of the country’s general prosecutor, Yuri Chaika, have amassed a huge business empire, thanks at least in part to their father’s position and their ability to keep regional prosecutors onside.

It also alleges that the sons’ business associates have ties to the Tsapok gang, which terrorised the town of Kushchevskaya in southern Russia until arrests were made following a massacre that shocked the country.

Navalny’s 45-minute video begins with a five-star hotel in Halkidiki, Greece. The hotel’s lavish opening featured a speech by Russia’s culture minister, Vladimir Medinsky, and performances by leading Russian pop stars.

Navalny’s researchers discovered that the owners of the hotel were Artem Chaika and Olga Lopatina, the former wife of Gennady Lopatin, the deputy prosecutor general and Yuri Chaika’s number two.

Navalny has made a habit of uncovering the undeclared property, suspicious foreign assets and criminal links of Russian elites, usually to a stony wall of silence as an official reaction, but the Chaika video is the most damning yet, if the allegations are all true. Chaika’s other son, Igor, is also accused of using his family connections to build a huge business, and of benefiting from apparently rigged state auctions.

Navalny said his team first uncovered the Chaika story when they were doing their regular monitoring of property purchases in territories where Russian officials like to stash their money – Greece, Cyprus, Spain and London. They noticed the lavish Greek hotel opening and the Chaika connection.

“We put it to one side for a while, because really there’s nothing all that surprising in our officials having dubious property. But then, when the Tsapok links appeared, I couldn’t believe it initially.

“We checked it and checked it, and it just got worse and worse,” he told the Observer.

Navalny’s anti-corruption foundation found company records showing Lopatina was one of the joint owners of a sugar business with Anzhela Tsapok, the wife of Sergei Tsapok, who died in prison last year. He had been given a life sentence for one of the worst crimes in recent Russian history.

Even in Russia, in which the crime pages of newspapers are often filled with gruesome deeds, the Kushchevskaya massacre resonated for its sheer brutality. Twelve people were killed, including four children, mainly by stabbing or strangulation, and then the house was set on fire with the bodies inside. The ensuing investigation uncovered a chain of killings, kidnappings, rape and corruption. Tsapok, who had formerly been a local politician, was named the gang leader and sentenced to life in prison, while his mother was given three years in prison for fraud.

The prosecutors in the case at the time said Tsapok’s gang had its tentacles all over the town, with local police on the payroll. Tsapok himself was a member of the pro-Kremlin United Russia party and a member of the local parliament.

The gang controlled all local business, and were also accused of picking young women at random off the street, raping them and then keeping them silent with threats. They were accused of 19 deaths over a decade, including the 12 which brought Moscow police to the town and finally uncovered the chain of wrongdoings that local police had been unable or unwilling to prosecute.

Navalny’s film includes documents which appear to show that earlier cases against the Tsapok gang were dropped after interference from local prosecutors. Navalny’s video has received more than 3 million views on YouTube in the week since it was launched, but the official reaction has been muted.

Vladimir Putin’s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, said the allegations “did not provoke our interest” because they were not related to the general prosecutor but to his sons, who have their own business activities.

Chaika himself, in his only comments on the video, told Interfax on 3 December that the video was “a hatchet job, not paid for by those who made it”, hinting that some outside power was attempting to smear him. “The information presented is deliberately falsified and has no basis in fact,” he said.

Prime minister Dmitry Medvedev was asked about the allegations during an annual interview with Russian journalists last week, and became angry, suggesting that tabling the accusations was risking a return to Stalin-era repression. “You said a certain person has been accused. If we’re going to operate in such a way, we’ll be going back a long way — back to the 1930s. Only law enforcement can lodge accusations,” he said.

The influential business daily Vedomosti wrote an editorial calling on the government to investigate the allegations seriously. “The materials that were published need to be confirmed, but they are not baseless – the investigation is well documented,” the paper wrote. “In a normal country, these kinds of public accusations should be publicly dealt with, and not just by the people involved but by their superiors.”

Navalny said the authorities were in a difficult position, as they did not want to be seen to be reacting to any of his investigations. He is also an opposition politician and a trenchant Kremlin critic. He has faced a number of court cases and his brother has been jailed, in what has been described as an attempt to put pressure on him.

“There will not be any investigation here, but the Latvian authorities have already started one on money laundering and we want the Swiss authorities to start one too. We want to make the cost of keeping Chaika very high for the Kremlin,” Navalny said.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... uri-chaika

That time Aras Agalarov defended Yuri Chaika's family The real estate tycoon who allegedly offered Donald Trump dirt on Hillary Clinton wrote a passionate defense of Russia's attorney general in 2015
Kommersant13:56, 11 july 2017

Aras Agalarov and Donald Trump arrive in Moscow for the Miss Universe 2013 beauty pageant.
Vyacheslav Prokofyev / TASS / Scanpix / LETA
On July 11, Donald Trump Jr. published email records confirming startling reports that he agreed to meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya, identified as a “Russian government attorney,” to discuss “some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary [Clinton] and her dealings with Russia.” The offer apparently originated at a meeting between “the Crown prosecutor of Russia” (allegedly Ms. Veselnitskaya, though some analysts believe this refers to Russian Attorney General Yuri Chaika) and Aras Agalarov, a real estate tycoon and the father of Russian pop star Emin Agalarov. In 2013, Donald Trump and Aras Agalarov partnered together to bring the Miss Universe pageant to Moscow. According to a private intelligence dossier written by British MI6 intelligence officer Christopher Steele, Agalarov has compromising footage of Trump participating in “sex parties” while visiting Russia.
In December 2015, Russian Attorney General Yuri Chaika dominated national news headlines after Alexey Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Foundation published an investigation into the business affairs of Chaika and his family. The investigation cites the involvement of the attorney general's son, Artem Chaika, in illegal seizures of assets, as well as the connections of a top official's ex-wife, Olga Lopatina, to the wives of known mobsters.

Chaika. An investigative documentary by the Anti-Corruption Foundation
Alexey Navalny
On December 8, 2015, the newspaper Kommersant published a lengthy op-ed by Aras Agalarov, addressed to Alexey Navalny, defending the Chaika family against his investigative film. With the West’s current interest in Aras Agalarov, Meduza translates his Kommersant text into English.

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:55 am

Again, yes, everything we have heard in the west is ridiculous propaganda.

Yea, he is a legitimate statesman.

These aren't "beliefs", they are facts.

Nordic, if you are still reading, where do you source these facts? As presented by yourself, they are merely assertions. Seriously, I want to know what Oracle you are using to sort wheat from chaff here so I can check it out myself.

No question there is some hysterical anti-Russian propaganda out there, but where can one read the supposed truth on Putin?

Interesting how loudly Democrats laughed at Romney's claim in 2012 Russia was America's greatest foreign threat compared to now, but that doesn't change anything about Putin's history. Is an ex-KGB agent more trustworthy and noble than an ex-CIA agent? But I digress.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby SonicG » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:05 am

Yeppers...I'm genuinely interested in reading about how Democratic Russia really is and Putin is not an autocrat...It is very easy to show how many many many Vietnamese, in a still-Communist country, overlook all the repressive corrupt one-party regime antics because of the massive economic growth, which has indeed created a class of grotesque party-tied oligarchs but has also immensely raised general living standards. Of course, the total lack of free press and repression of any dissent keeps many in the dark about the actual levels of corruption...The same can said for China also I think...
SonicG

Next

Return to General Discussion